|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Emperor, pg. 33-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman who kisses Henri on New Year´s Ever holding?
(a) A bag of potatoes.
(b) A baby.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A cross.
2. Why doesn´t Patrick pray to the Virgin Mary?
(a) Because she is not a man.
(b) Because God violated her.
(c) Because she has never answered his prayers.
(d) Because she is a brunette.
3. What does Patrick steal for him and Henri to enjoy?
(a) A bottle of cognac.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A chicken.
4. Where is Bonaparte´s Josephine from?
5. What test does the recruiting officer give Henri to determine his position in the army?
(a) Asks him the rules of dinner service.
(b) Asks him to crack a walnut with one hand.
(c) Asks him to hold a pole steady in the palm of his hand.
(d) Asks him to pluck a chicken in under 2 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Josephine sitting with when Henri serves her melon?
2. What is a vivandiere?
3. What does the cook use to surround the chicken he serves Napoleon?
4. Finish this sentence: "He kept small servants and _________."
5. What job does Henri originally want when he joins the army?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)