Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bridge that the drinkard and his wife cross?
2. What were the red people before they became red people?
3. The "natural disaster" that has affected the drinkard's hometown was the result of ________.
4. What does the tapster say he did the night he died?
5. What happens when "Invisible-Pawn" is asked to bring firewood?
Essay Topic 1
There are three prominent female characters in The Palm-wine Drinkard. Describe each and their significance within the novel. Next, compare and contrast their roles. Finally, address this question: Is their being female the only thing that ties them together?
Essay Topic 2
There are many borders in The Palm-wine drinkard, and trespassing these borders can create trouble. Choose three examples of trespassing and explain why they are significant. Next, discuss the symbolism in borders and border crossing. Are the examples you listed at all allegorical? Why?
Essay Topic 3
There is a didactic nature to many of the episodes in The Palm-wine Drinkard. Choose three examples and explain why they can be considered didactic.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)