Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bridge that the drinkard and his wife cross?
2. What were the red people before they became red people?
3. The "natural disaster" that has affected the drinkard's hometown was the result of ________.
4. What does the tapster say he did the night he died?
5. What happens when "Invisible-Pawn" is asked to bring firewood?
Comment on the grotesque elements in this novel. Give at least three examples of the grotesque and explain their significance within the novel. How would the novel be different without these grotesque elements?
There is a didactic nature to many of the episodes in The Palm-wine Drinkard. Choose three examples and explain why they can be considered didactic.
The drinkard shares many qualities with the epic hero model. First, address what the epic hero model is. Second, suggest characteristics that the drinkard shares with the epic hero. Finally, discuss whether you consider him an epic hero or not and why.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)