|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
(a) A small stick.
(b) A flat stone.
(c) A wooden doll.
(d) A tiny kitten.
2. What else does the drinkard do in case there are future difficulties?
(a) He produces a second magic egg.
(b) He charges for his help and saves the profits.
(c) He produces money and hides it.
(d) He builds a place to store food.
3. What happens when the drinkard offers the "Invisible-Pawn" yams and corn as thanks for his work?
(a) "Invisible-Pawn" eats all the crops in town.
(b) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats yams.
(c) "Invisible-Pawn" refuses the offer.
(d) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats corn.
4. How do the townspeople react to what "Invisible-Pawn" does when the drinkard offers him yams and corn as a thank you?
(a) They are mad at the drinkard and plan to revolt.
(b) They don't care either way.
(c) They share recipes with "Invisible-Pawn."
(d) They celebrate with a feast.
5. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the third wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She went in search of a wizard.
(b) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(c) She died with her husband.
(d) She did nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tapster do for the drinkard and his wife?
2. What does "Hungry-Monster" cry?
3. How do the red people loose their redness?
4. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the first wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
5. When the drinkard becomes a judge, what is his first case about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the drinkard escape from the hungry-creature's stomach? Is this realistic?
2. Does the wife's prophecy about the "Invisible-Pawn"--"wonderful hard worker, but he would be a wonderful robber in future"--come true ?
3. What does the drinkard do when he realizes the townspeople plan to revolt against him?
4. Why is the king from "We and the Wise King in the Wrong Town with the Prince Killer" described as wise?
5. Why does the drinkard ask the reader for help in judging the court cases from "mixed town"?
6. Describe the white tree.
7. What does "Faithful-Mother" give the drinkard and his wife when they depart?
8. Describe the hungry-creature.
9. Describe the group of four hundred dead babies the drinkard and his wife meet on the road.
10. Why does the drinkard let the hungry-creature eat him?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)