|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it so hard for the drinkard and his wife to reach and enter "Dead's Town"?
(a) They do not have the special key.
(b) They cannot enter during the day since they are alive.
(c) There is a labyrinth they need to get through.
(d) There is an optical illusion.
2. What do the drinkard and his wife first give "Hungry-Monster" to eat?
(a) Unripe bananas.
(b) Poisonous berries.
3. What happens when "Invisible-Pawn" is asked to bring firewood?
(a) He brings a few sticks.
(b) He is lazy and does not bring any.
(c) He travels to another bush to get a special type.
(d) He brings so much that the town is full of it.
4. How does the drinkard get out of "Hungry-Monster's" stomach?
(a) He makes "Hungry-Monster" vomit.
(b) He shoots and cuts his way out.
(c) "Hungry-Monster's" belly-button is also a door, which the drinkard leaves through.
(d) He climbs out "Hungry-Monster's" nose when he's asleep.
5. What do the "mountain-creatures" love to do?
(c) Hide in caves.
(d) Roll down the mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the second wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
2. In the second case, which wife does the husband first pick when he is brought back to life?
3. On the way to Dead's Town, the drinkard and his wife get lost and ask to follow a man with a sack. What is in the sack?
4. How much palm-wine does the drinkard consume with his friends when he first returns home?
5. What happens when the drinkard offers the "Invisible-Pawn" yams and corn as thanks for his work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the townspeople treat the drinkard when comes home and shares his powerful egg?
2. Why is the king from "We and the Wise King in the Wrong Town with the Prince Killer" described as wise?
3. How are the people of Dead's Town different from living humans?
4. When can the drinkard and his wife enter "Dead's Town"? Is this symbolic?
5. How does the drinkard escape from the hungry-creature's stomach? Is this realistic?
6. Why does the drinkard ask the reader for help in judging the court cases from "mixed town"?
7. How could the magic egg be seen as symbolic?
8. Does the palm-wine drinkard receive a positive or negative reception from tapster in Dead's Town? How so?
9. Describe the group of four hundred dead babies the drinkard and his wife meet on the road.
10. Describe the hungry-creature.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)