|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Invisible-Pawn's" name?
(a) Here and There.
(b) Give and Take.
(c) Come and Go.
(d) Catch and Release.
2. What do the "mountain-creatures" love to do?
(a) Roll down the mountain.
(b) Hide in caves.
3. Why is the drinkard kicked out of "Dead's Town"?
(a) He falls and bleeds.
(b) He is too loud.
(c) He refuses to follow the rules.
(d) He is too dangerous.
4. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
(a) A flat stone.
(b) A small stick.
(c) A tiny kitten.
(d) A wooden doll.
5. Why does the drinkard make the rule that he would only serve people outside?
(a) He wants to keep the egg a secret from them.
(b) There are so many people visiting him and they are very pushy.
(c) The egg creats more when there is more open space.
(d) He is hiding the tapster in his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do on the morning of the seventh day of the parade?
2. How many dead babies do the drinkard and his wife meet on the road?
3. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the second wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
4. Who figures out how to help the drinkard heal more quickly after he is beat up by the giant?
5. What does the drinkard turn his wife into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the white tree.
2. Does the wife's prophecy about the "Invisible-Pawn"--"wonderful hard worker, but he would be a wonderful robber in future"--come true ?
3. Why does the drinkard let the hungry-creature eat him?
4. Describe how the "Invisible-Pawn" gets his work done.
5. What did the drinkard and his wife do with their death and fear? Why is this significant?
6. While living in "mixed town," the drinkard is asked to judge two separate cases, but he leaves them unresolved. How are they similar and what makes them hard to resolve?
7. How could the magic egg be seen as symbolic?
8. Compare the juju the drinkard used during difficult situations with the gun he used during difficult situations.
9. Why is the king from "We and the Wise King in the Wrong Town with the Prince Killer" described as wise?
10. Describe the hungry-creature.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)