|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately happens to the man with the sack?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He hides under the statue of the king for the rest of his life.
(c) He escapes town.
(d) He steals the drinkard's wife.
2. When does "Invisible-Pawn" do his work?
(a) During siesta.
(b) At night.
(c) At dusk.
(d) At noon.
3. Why can't the slave escape the rain?
(a) The drinkard has prohibited anyone in the town to help him, so he can not find cover.
(b) Land has cursed him to never be dry again.
(c) The rain only goes where he goes.
(d) No one will let them in their house because they fear he will bring them to Heaven.
4. Where is the next town the drinkard and his wife go to after escaping "Hungry-Monster"?
(a) Mixed Town.
(b) Alives' Town.
(c) His hometown.
(d) His wife's hometown.
5. How does the drinkard's magical egg break?
(a) People wrestle and knock it over.
(b) An animal tries to eat it.
(c) An evil person smashes it.
(d) The drinkard drops it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the giant revive the creatures after the drinkard kills them?
2. Why does the man they are following make the drinkard and his wife carry his sack?
3. Who does the drinkard assign to help him with his plan to end the "natural disaster"?
4. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the first wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
5. What was the tapster called before he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the wife's prophecy about the "Invisible-Pawn"--"wonderful hard worker, but he would be a wonderful robber in future"--come true ?
2. Does the palm-wine drinkard receive a positive or negative reception from tapster in Dead's Town? How so?
3. What themes do we find in "The Invisible-Pawn" chapter that we have seen in earlier chapters?
4. When can the drinkard and his wife enter "Dead's Town"? Is this symbolic?
5. Does the drinkard give a satisfactory reason for fighting and then killing the bag creatures?
6. What new power does the drinkard's wife develop during pages 248-264?
7. Describe the hungry-creature.
8. How does the drinkard escape from the hungry-creature's stomach? Is this realistic?
9. Describe the white tree.
10. What does the drinkard do when he realizes the townspeople plan to revolt against him?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)