|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the drinkard's magical egg break?
(a) The drinkard drops it.
(b) An animal tries to eat it.
(c) People wrestle and knock it over.
(d) An evil person smashes it.
2. Why can't Faithful-Mother accompany the drinkard and his wife on the rest of their journey?
(a) She does not like the drinkard's wife.
(b) She is too ill.
(c) She must stay within her borders.
(d) She walks more slowly than them and would hold them up.
3. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
(a) A tiny kitten.
(b) A small stick.
(c) A flat stone.
(d) A wooden doll.
4. What color are the "deads'" clothing?
(d) Dark Blue.
5. What is NOT true about the lady that approaches the drinkard and his wife?
(a) She is a deep red color.
(b) She wears high heels.
(c) She wears a fancy dress.
(d) She has violet colored hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. After how long, does Faithful-Mother tell the drinkard and his wife that they must leave?
2. Whom does the drinkard help during the "natural disaster"?
3. What is the "Invisible-Pawn's" name?
4. What else does the drinkard do in case there are future difficulties?
5. How long is the parade requested by the king supposed to last?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the white tree.
2. What themes do we find in "The Invisible-Pawn" chapter that we have seen in earlier chapters?
3. Why does the drinkard let the hungry-creature eat him?
4. Describe the group of four hundred dead babies the drinkard and his wife meet on the road.
5. When can the drinkard and his wife enter "Dead's Town"? Is this symbolic?
6. Describe the hungry-creature.
7. Describe the feud between Heaven and Land.
8. Explain why some might consider the drinkard to be a "good" character in the end and another might see him as a "bad" character.
9. After fighting fantastical monsters for ten years, what new hardship does the drinkard come home to? Could this be considered a real life monster? Why?
10. Does the palm-wine drinkard receive a positive or negative reception from tapster in Dead's Town? How so?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)