|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the drinkard's hobby in the next town they go to after escaping "Hungry-Monster"?
(a) He takes up gambling again.
(b) He goes to the hospital and observes doctors.
(c) He helps at the post office and delivers important packages.
(d) He attends court and listens to cases.
2. What was in the center of the white tree?
(a) A park.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A large dance hall.
3. What does "Hungry-Monster" cry?
(d) "Yummy in my tummy."
4. How does the wise king help the drinkard and his wife on their journey?
(a) He gives them extra juju.
(b) He tells them the shortest route to "Dead's Town."
(c) He gives them some money.
(d) He lends them three of his slaves.
5. Why is the drinkard kicked out of "Dead's Town"?
(a) He falls and bleeds.
(b) He is too dangerous.
(c) He refuses to follow the rules.
(d) He is too loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the drinkard assign to help him with his plan to end the "natural disaster"?
2. Why is it so hard for the drinkard and his wife to reach and enter "Dead's Town"?
3. What is the bridge that the drinkard and his wife cross?
4. What happens when the drinkard offers the "Invisible-Pawn" yams and corn as thanks for his work?
5. What does "Hungry-Monster" do with the wooden doll?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the townspeople treat the drinkard when comes home and shares his powerful egg?
2. What themes do we find in "The Invisible-Pawn" chapter that we have seen in earlier chapters?
3. Explain why some might consider the drinkard to be a "good" character in the end and another might see him as a "bad" character.
4. How could the magic egg be seen as symbolic?
5. What does the drinkard do when he realizes the townspeople plan to revolt against him?
6. Describe the white tree.
7. Why does the drinkard ask the reader for help in judging the court cases from "mixed town"?
8. Describe the "Red-Lady" and her fashion taste.
9. What does "Faithful-Mother" give the drinkard and his wife when they depart?
10. Describe the group of four hundred dead babies the drinkard and his wife meet on the road.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)