|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the drinkard assign to help him with his plan to end the "natural disaster"?
(a) The tapster.
(b) The king.
(c) His wife.
(d) A slave.
2. Who is the third character involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) A wife.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A bystander.
3. Why can't the slave escape the rain?
(a) The rain only goes where he goes.
(b) No one will let them in their house because they fear he will bring them to Heaven.
(c) Land has cursed him to never be dry again.
(d) The drinkard has prohibited anyone in the town to help him, so he can not find cover.
4. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
(a) A tiny kitten.
(b) A small stick.
(c) A wooden doll.
(d) A flat stone.
5. What must you do to make the tapster's gift to the drinkard work?
(a) You heat it up.
(b) You shake it before use.
(c) You insert a key.
(d) You put it in water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the dead babies do?
2. What does the drinkard turn his wife into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
3. What is the verdict for the second case?
4. What pastime does the drinkard take up while in the white tree?
5. The "natural disaster" that has affected the drinkard's hometown was the result of ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare the juju the drinkard used during difficult situations with the gun he used during difficult situations.
2. After fighting fantastical monsters for ten years, what new hardship does the drinkard come home to? Could this be considered a real life monster? Why?
3. Explain why some might consider the drinkard to be a "good" character in the end and another might see him as a "bad" character.
4. Why is the king from "We and the Wise King in the Wrong Town with the Prince Killer" described as wise?
5. What does the drinkard do when he realizes the townspeople plan to revolt against him?
6. How do the townspeople treat the drinkard after the egg breaks?
7. Why does the drinkard let the hungry-creature eat him?
8. What does "Faithful-Mother" give the drinkard and his wife when they depart?
9. When can the drinkard and his wife enter "Dead's Town"? Is this symbolic?
10. How are the people of Dead's Town different from living humans?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)