|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the slave escape the rain?
(a) No one will let them in their house because they fear he will bring them to Heaven.
(b) The rain only goes where he goes.
(c) The drinkard has prohibited anyone in the town to help him, so he can not find cover.
(d) Land has cursed him to never be dry again.
2. What does the tapster do for the drinkard and his wife?
(a) He finds them a new tapster.
(b) He builds a hut for them outside of "Dead's Town."
(c) He gets them a ride to their home town.
(d) He convinces the head of "Dead's Town" to let them stay.
3. Who puts the drinkard and his wife in the huge bag?
(a) A goat.
(b) The red lady.
(c) A man.
(d) A giant.
4. Why does the man they are following make the drinkard and his wife carry his sack?
(a) They owe him a favor from many years ago.
(b) He is trying to blackmail them.
(c) It is too heavy for him.
(d) He doesn't; they offer to help him.
5. Whom does the drinkard help during the "natural disaster"?
(a) Only his family and close friends.
(b) People from various towns and villages surrounding his house.
(c) Only people from his hometown.
(d) Only his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do on the morning of the seventh day of the parade?
2. Where is the next town the drinkard and his wife go to after escaping "Hungry-Monster"?
3. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the first wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
4. How do the red people loose their redness?
5. What pastime does the drinkard take up while in the white tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the people of Dead's Town different from living humans?
2. Describe the feud between Heaven and Land.
3. Does the drinkard give a satisfactory reason for fighting and then killing the bag creatures?
4. While living in "mixed town," the drinkard is asked to judge two separate cases, but he leaves them unresolved. How are they similar and what makes them hard to resolve?
5. What does "Faithful-Mother" give the drinkard and his wife when they depart?
6. Does the wife's prophecy about the "Invisible-Pawn"--"wonderful hard worker, but he would be a wonderful robber in future"--come true ?
7. Describe the white tree.
8. What did the drinkard and his wife do with their death and fear? Why is this significant?
9. Describe the group of four hundred dead babies the drinkard and his wife meet on the road.
10. How do the townspeople treat the drinkard when comes home and shares his powerful egg?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)