|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the slave escape the rain?
(a) Land has cursed him to never be dry again.
(b) The rain only goes where he goes.
(c) No one will let them in their house because they fear he will bring them to Heaven.
(d) The drinkard has prohibited anyone in the town to help him, so he can not find cover.
2. Why is it so hard for the drinkard and his wife to reach and enter "Dead's Town"?
(a) They do not have the special key.
(b) There is a labyrinth they need to get through.
(c) They cannot enter during the day since they are alive.
(d) There is an optical illusion.
3. What do the drinkard and the tapser do together?
(a) Go hunting.
(b) Build a carriage.
(c) Tap palm-wine with new technology.
(d) Exchange stories.
4. How long do the drinkard and his wife stay with the wise king?
(a) 1.5 years.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 15 hours.
5. According to the tapster, why do "alives" and "deads" not live together?
(a) Because each does things in opposite (and incorrect) ways.
(b) Because there is not enough food.
(c) Because it is biologically impossible.
(d) Because God prohibits it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many creatures are in the bag with the drinkard and his wife?
2. What must you do to make the tapster's gift to the drinkard work?
3. At the end of the chapter, what does Dance turn into?
4. Why does the wise king dress up the drinkard and his wife and parade them around town?
5. What gift does the tapster give the drinkard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the "Invisible-Pawn" gets his work done.
2. How do the townspeople treat the drinkard after the egg breaks?
3. Comment on how the drinkard sums up his journey, "And so all our trials, difficulties and many years' travel brought only an egg or resulted in an egg." (Chapter 32, p. 295)
4. Why is the king from "We and the Wise King in the Wrong Town with the Prince Killer" described as wise?
5. Does the palm-wine drinkard receive a positive or negative reception from tapster in Dead's Town? How so?
6. After fighting fantastical monsters for ten years, what new hardship does the drinkard come home to? Could this be considered a real life monster? Why?
7. Describe the group of four hundred dead babies the drinkard and his wife meet on the road.
8. Describe the hungry-creature.
9. Describe the feud between Heaven and Land.
10. Describe the "Red-Lady" and her fashion taste.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)