|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the "deads'" clothing?
(b) Dark Blue.
2. Why can't the slave escape the rain?
(a) The drinkard has prohibited anyone in the town to help him, so he can not find cover.
(b) Land has cursed him to never be dry again.
(c) The rain only goes where he goes.
(d) No one will let them in their house because they fear he will bring them to Heaven.
3. Who is the king of the Red-Bush related to?
(a) The tapster.
4. How long is the parade requested by the king supposed to last?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. How do the townspeople react to what "Invisible-Pawn" does when the drinkard offers him yams and corn as a thank you?
(a) They celebrate with a feast.
(b) They share recipes with "Invisible-Pawn."
(c) They are mad at the drinkard and plan to revolt.
(d) They don't care either way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the drinkard help during the "natural disaster"?
2. What is the verdict for the first case?
3. Why is it so hard for the drinkard and his wife to reach and enter "Dead's Town"?
4. Why does the man they are following make the drinkard and his wife carry his sack?
5. What does the drinkard turn his wife into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the hungry-creature.
2. What does "Faithful-Mother" give the drinkard and his wife when they depart?
3. What themes do we find in "The Invisible-Pawn" chapter that we have seen in earlier chapters?
4. In no more than three sentences, comment on the treatment of magic versus realism in this story. Are the two distinguishable within the world of this novel?
5. Why does the drinkard let the hungry-creature eat him?
6. Explain why some might consider the drinkard to be a "good" character in the end and another might see him as a "bad" character.
7. How do the townspeople treat the drinkard when comes home and shares his powerful egg?
8. Why is the king from "We and the Wise King in the Wrong Town with the Prince Killer" described as wise?
9. When can the drinkard and his wife enter "Dead's Town"? Is this symbolic?
10. Compare the juju the drinkard used during difficult situations with the gun he used during difficult situations.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)