|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't the people of Wraith Island leave with the drinkard and his wife?
(a) They have a festival coming up.
(b) They do not like the drinkard and his wife.
(c) They are too weak too travel.
(d) It is prohibited for them to cross their border.
2. What does the woman's father finally tell the drinkard?
(a) That he can marry the woman.
(b) Who died in the fire.
(c) That he is also the drinkard's father.
(d) Where he can find the tapster.
3. Who do the townspeople want to exile?
(b) The drinkard.
(c) The complete gentleman.
(d) The woman.
4. What does the woman witness as she follows the "complete" gentleman into the forest?
(a) A curious creature kidnaps the complete gentleman.
(b) The complete gentleman shrinks into a tiny complete gentleman.
(c) The complete gentleman returns his body parts to the owner he had rented them from.
(d) A family of skeletons pays him to "lend them a hand."
5. After meeting Drums, Song, and Dance, what does the drinkard do for five days?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) He dances.
(c) He eats.
(d) He pays the tambourine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The "half-bodied baby" commands his mother to _________.
2. What does the drinkard light on fire?
3. How do the drinkard and his wife end up in the white tree?
4. What important question does the king of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" ask the drinkard and his wife?
5. What won't "half-bodied baby" let his parents do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the drinkard and his wife find out when they arrive in the town where the tapster is supposed to be? How do they react?
2. When following and spying on Skull, what does the drinkard turn himself into and why?
3. How does the drinkard react when he first sees the Skull as a "complete gentleman"?
4. How is the "bush" personified in "Not Too Small to be Chosen"?
5. Comment on how the drinkard deals with his insatiable son.
6. Describe the "half-bodied baby." Who is he and what is he like?
7. Describe how the drinkard's son was born. Why is this extraordinary birth significant?
8. Why does the drinkard's initial plan to escape the white creatures backfire?
9. How do the drinkard and his wife eventually escape from the white creatures?
10. The drinkard describes the inhabitants of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" as "backwards." What does he mean by this? Elaborate.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)