|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT true about the specific creature the drinkard describes in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) He has four hands.
(b) He has one eye.
(c) He is a quarter of a mile long
(d) He is six feet in diameter.
2. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) Hot water.
(b) A fire.
(d) A tornado.
3. Who is Zurrjir?
(a) The woman's father.
(b) Skull's brother.
(c) The complete gentleman.
(d) The drinkard's son.
4. Before entering the white tree, what do the drinkard and his wife do?
(a) They kill a creature because they are hungry.
(b) They gather leaves to make medicine.
(c) They sell their deaths and loan out their fears.
(d) They dance by a fire for thirteen days.
5. Where did the tapster go after leaving town?
(a) Unreturnable-Heaven's Town.
(b) Palm-wine Grove.
(c) Mixed Town.
(d) Dead's Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the houses in "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
2. What must happen so the woman can eat and speak again?
3. What won't "half-bodied baby" let his parents do?
4. What is NOT true about the "complete" gentleman?
5. Who is inside the white tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolic about the magic seeds?
2. Describe the hungry-creature.
3. Who is the narrator of this novel? What is he like?
4. Describe the "Spirit of Prey" and how he kills his prey.
5. How could the magic egg be seen as symbolic?
6. Describe the group of four hundred dead babies the drinkard and his wife meet on the road.
7. Comment on the parent-child relationship, during "On the Way to an Unknown Place." What is significant about the characters' roles?
8. Describe "Laugh."
9. Describe Skull and his house.
10. Describe the white tree.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)