|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To complete his first challenge, what does the drinkard turn himself into?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A dog.
(c) A frog.
(d) A bird.
2. How do the drinkard and his wife escape the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town"?
(a) They fly away on the eagle.
(b) They burn down the town.
(c) They create a flood with their juju.
(d) They sneak away at night
3. Who does the king of Wraith Island forget to chose to help clear the fields?
(a) A tiny creature.
(b) An witch.
(c) A transparent spirit.
(d) His cousin.
4. What does the woman, who is held captive by Skull, have around her neck?
(a) A cowrie.
(b) Some juju.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A necklace.
5. Zurrjir is described as a "wonderful" child because ________.
(a) He has the special power to creat palm-wine out of water.
(b) If one hundred men tried to fight him, he is so strong he would just flog them away.
(c) If there were a famine, he would travel miles to find and bring back food for his family.
(d) He helps out in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the protagonist leave his town?
2. Who is inside the white tree?
3. What does wife forget in the ashes?
4. What does the woman witness as she follows the "complete" gentleman into the forest?
5. What is the protagonist's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the "Spirit of Prey" and how he kills his prey.
2. Why is the king from "We and the Wise King in the Wrong Town with the Prince Killer" described as wise?
3. Does the palm-wine drinkard receive a positive or negative reception from tapster in Dead's Town? How so?
4. What did the drinkard and his wife do with their death and fear? Why is this significant?
5. Why couldn't the people of Wraith-Island accompany the drinkar and his wife to their next destination? Have you noticed this problem in previous chapters?
6. Describe the "half-bodied baby." Who is he and what is he like?
7. During "To Travel by Air," why does the drinkard turn himself into a bird and fly his wife to their next destination?
8. The drinkard describes the inhabitants of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" as "backwards." What does he mean by this? Elaborate.
9. Describe the drinkard's reaction when he saves the woman from Skull, brings her home, but then cannot get the cowrie off her neck, which prevents her from speaking and eating. Why is this significant?
10. Describe the group of four hundred dead babies the drinkard and his wife meet on the road.
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)