|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the drinkard and his wife end up in the white tree?
(a) They fall through a hole into another world.
(b) They enter through the back door.
(c) The tree's hands grab them and bring them in.
(d) They climb the tree, then fall through a shoot.
2. What does the protagonist do when he finds the tapster dead?
(a) He brings the body back to town to bury it.
(b) He sobs for three days.
(c) He climbs a palm tree to tap palm-wine.
(d) He runs away in fear.
3. What did Zurrjir love to do?
4. What is NOT true about the market's owner?
(a) He jumps instead of walks.
(b) He has no foot.
(c) His head is small like a baby's.
(d) He has a strange moustache.
5. What color are the creatures the drinkard meets in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Skull live?
2. What is NOT true about the specific creature the drinkard describes in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
3. What happens when the drinkard brings Death to the old man (a god)?
4. Why does the drinkard cut down a tree when he and his wife reach the river?
5. Where did the tapster go after leaving town?
Short Essay Questions
1. When following and spying on Skull, what does the drinkard turn himself into and why?
2. Describe the "Spirit of Prey" and how he kills his prey.
3. Comment on the parent-child relationship, during "On the Way to an Unknown Place." What is significant about the characters' roles?
4. Comment on how the drinkard deals with his insatiable son.
5. What is symbolic about the magic seeds?
6. Describe the "half-bodied baby." Who is he and what is he like?
7. How do the drinkard and his wife eventually escape from the white creatures?
8. Who is "Faithful-Mother"? What is her responsibility?
9. Why does the drinkard's initial plan to escape the white creatures backfire?
10. There is a common saying, "like father like son." How is this true in respect to the drinkard and his son Zurrjir?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)