|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people like in Wraith-Island?
(a) Very violent and mean.
(b) Very nice and loving.
(c) Always busy.
(d) Very talkative.
2. What color are the creatures the drinkard meets in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
3. What does "Zurrjir" mean?
(a) A son who would change himself into another thing soon.
(b) Born from a thumb.
(c) Insatiable appetite.
(d) Father of gods who could do everthing in the world.
4. How do the drinkard and his wife end up in the white tree?
(a) They enter through the back door.
(b) The tree's hands grab them and bring them in.
(c) They climb the tree, then fall through a shoot.
(d) They fall through a hole into another world.
5. What does the old man (a god) give the drinkard to catch Death?
(a) A black bag.
(b) A spear.
(c) A net.
(d) Some garlic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Death when the drinkard reaches his house?
2. Who does the woman marry?
3. What does the protagonist bring with him on his journey?
4. Where does Skull live?
5. Who do the townspeople want to exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the drinkard react when he first sees the Skull as a "complete gentleman"?
2. Describe "Laugh."
3. What is symbolic about the magic seeds?
4. There is a common saying, "like father like son." How is this true in respect to the drinkard and his son Zurrjir?
5. Describe Skull and his house.
6. What is special about Drum, Song, and Dance?
7. Who is the narrator of this novel? What is he like?
8. Why does the drinkard's initial plan to escape the white creatures backfire?
9. Describe the white monster that the drinkard and his wife encounter in "No Road--Ought to Travel from Bush to Bush to the Dead's Town."
10. What kind of story is this? How is it told?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)