|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who figures out how to help the woman eat and speak again?
(a) The drinkard.
(b) Her father.
(c) The complete gentleman.
2. What happens when the drinkard and his wife do finally talk to the king?
(a) Everyone begins to laugh.
(b) The drinkard's wife cries.
(c) They find themselves speaking a different language.
(d) The king sentences them to death.
3. Why is the terrible animal mad?
(a) The drinkard has not sacrificed to him.
(b) The drinkard killed him in another life.
(c) The drinkard has sentenced him to death.
(d) The drinkard shot him accidentally.
4. What does the drinkard use to transform himself to escape the creatures, in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) A special leaf.
(c) His juju.
(d) His father's charm.
5. What happens when the children of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" try to nail the heads of the drinkard and his wife?
(a) The kings saves them.
(b) The tapster saves them.
(c) The eagle saves them.
(d) The children can not find hammers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bed in Death's house made of?
2. What won't "half-bodied baby" let his parents do?
3. What are the people like in Wraith-Island?
4. Who gave the drinkard the juju he uses to turn himself into a large bird?
5. What important question does the king of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" ask the drinkard and his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the drinkard's son was born. Why is this extraordinary birth significant?
2. When following and spying on Skull, what does the drinkard turn himself into and why?
3. Who is "Faithful-Mother"? What is her responsibility?
4. In "Three Good Creatures Took Over Our Trouble," how do the drinkard and his wife make money? What might this say about their characters?
5. There is a common saying, "like father like son." How is this true in respect to the drinkard and his son Zurrjir?
6. During "To Travel by Air," why does the drinkard turn himself into a bird and fly his wife to their next destination?
7. How does the drinkard react when he first sees the Skull as a "complete gentleman"?
8. The drinkard describes the inhabitants of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" as "backwards." What does he mean by this? Elaborate.
9. Describe the "half-bodied baby." Who is he and what is he like?
10. Why couldn't the people of Wraith-Island accompany the drinkar and his wife to their next destination? Have you noticed this problem in previous chapters?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)