|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman, who is held captive by Skull, have around her neck?
(a) A cowrie.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A scarf.
(d) Some juju.
2. What are the houses in "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
(a) They are underground.
(b) They are three stories.
(c) They are thatched with grass.
(d) They have one room.
3. What color are the creatures the drinkard meets in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
4. What does the drinkard turn himself into after they get to the river and cut down a tree?
(a) A ferry.
(b) A train.
(c) A wheel.
(d) A truck.
5. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(b) A fire.
(c) Hot water.
(d) A tornado.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zurrjir?
2. Who gave the drinkard the juju he uses to turn himself into a large bird?
3. Who dies in the fire that the drinkard starts?
4. What does the drinkard light on fire?
5. Who is the terrible animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the white monster that the drinkard and his wife encounter in "No Road--Ought to Travel from Bush to Bush to the Dead's Town."
2. Describe how the drinkard's son was born. Why is this extraordinary birth significant?
3. What is special about Drum, Song, and Dance?
4. Describe Death and his house.
5. During "To Travel by Air," why does the drinkard turn himself into a bird and fly his wife to their next destination?
6. What kind of story is this? How is it told?
7. When following and spying on Skull, what does the drinkard turn himself into and why?
8. How is the "bush" personified in "Not Too Small to be Chosen"?
9. Describe the "Spirit of Prey" and how he kills his prey.
10. What lesson can be learned from the little creature on Wraith-Island who was not picked by the King to help clear the corn fields?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)