|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the tapster, why do "alives" and "deads" not live together?
(a) Because each does things in opposite (and incorrect) ways.
(b) Because there is not enough food.
(c) Because it is biologically impossible.
(d) Because God prohibits it.
2. How long is the parade requested by the king supposed to last?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 3 days.
3. How does the wise king help the drinkard and his wife on their journey?
(a) He gives them extra juju.
(b) He gives them some money.
(c) He tells them the shortest route to "Dead's Town."
(d) He lends them three of his slaves.
4. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the third wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(b) She did nothing.
(c) She died with her husband.
(d) She went in search of a wizard.
5. Where do the drinkard and his wife go to get their heads treated?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The stream.
(c) The garden.
(d) The medicine man.
6. Why is the drinkard kicked out of "Dead's Town"?
(a) He is too loud.
(b) He is too dangerous.
(c) He falls and bleeds.
(d) He refuses to follow the rules.
7. What happens when the husband from case #2 comes back to life?
(a) The husband has to sacrifice one of his wives to the gods.
(b) The wizard wants to hire one of the wives as his assistant.
(c) The husband decides he can only have one wife.
(d) The wizard wants to marry one of his wives.
8. After how long, does Faithful-Mother tell the drinkard and his wife that they must leave?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two months.
(c) A year and two months.
(d) One day.
9. What does Faithful-Mother NOT give the drinkard and his wife when they leave?
(a) A cutlass.
(c) A map.
(d) A gun and ammunition.
10. Why can't Faithful-Mother accompany the drinkard and his wife on the rest of their journey?
(a) She must stay within her borders.
(b) She is too ill.
(c) She does not like the drinkard's wife.
(d) She walks more slowly than them and would hold them up.
11. What does the drinkard ask of his readers after he explains the two cases?
(a) To pay all debts.
(b) To go to "Mixed Town."
(c) To help him make the final judgements.
(d) To not deal with wizards.
12. What gift does the tapster give the drinkard?
(a) A new tapster.
(b) A rare tapping tool.
(c) A magic egg.
(d) Palm tree seeds.
13. What does the tapster do for the drinkard and his wife?
(a) He convinces the head of "Dead's Town" to let them stay.
(b) He finds them a new tapster.
(c) He gets them a ride to their home town.
(d) He builds a hut for them outside of "Dead's Town."
14. What does the tapster say he did the night he died?
(a) He left in search of his dead father.
(b) He climbed up a palm tree and hid there.
(c) He floated straight to Dead's Town.
(d) He went home but realized that nobody could see or hear him.
15. What must you do to make the tapster's gift to the drinkard work?
(a) You put it in water.
(b) You insert a key.
(c) You heat it up.
(d) You shake it before use.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the "mountain-creatures" love to do?
2. When the drinkard becomes a judge, what is his first case about?
3. What ultimately happens to the man with the sack?
4. Who is this year's annual sacrifice in the red bush?
5. What does the man do on the morning of the seventh day of the parade?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)