|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the tapster, why do "alives" and "deads" not live together?
(a) Because each does things in opposite (and incorrect) ways.
(b) Because it is biologically impossible.
(c) Because there is not enough food.
(d) Because God prohibits it.
2. What does the tapster do for the drinkard and his wife?
(a) He finds them a new tapster.
(b) He builds a hut for them outside of "Dead's Town."
(c) He gets them a ride to their home town.
(d) He convinces the head of "Dead's Town" to let them stay.
3. Who joins the "mountain-creatures" in their favorite activity?
(a) The red lady.
(b) The drinkard.
(c) The tapster.
(d) The drinkard's wife.
4. On what day after turning red, did everyone in the town die to then settle in the red bush?
(a) The 7th day.
(b) The 3rd day.
(c) The 2nd day.
(d) The 14th day.
5. The "natural disaster" that has affected the drinkard's hometown was the result of ________.
(a) An argument between Heaven and Land.
(b) An agreement between Land and Dead's Town.
(c) An agreement between Dead's Town and Heaven.
(d) An argument between Land and Dead's Town.
6. What does the drinkard use to help alleviate the damage caused by the "natural disaster."
(a) He uses his juju.
(b) He concocts a remedy out of palm-wine.
(c) He uses his magic egg.
(d) He uses his magic seeds from Wraith Island.
7. What does the man do on the morning of the seventh day of the parade?
(a) He kidnaps the king.
(b) He runs away from town.
(c) He kills the drinkard and his wife.
(d) He admits he is the real murderer.
8. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the second wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She died with her husband.
(b) She did nothing.
(c) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(d) She went in search of a wizard.
9. When can "alives" enter Dead's Town.
(b) Between 4 and 6 p.m.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At night.
10. When Heaven and Land go hunting, what animal do they kill?
(a) A hippopotamus.
(b) A goat.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A bird.
11. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
(a) A small stick.
(b) A wooden doll.
(c) A tiny kitten.
(d) A flat stone.
12. Why does the man they are following make the drinkard and his wife carry his sack?
(a) He doesn't; they offer to help him.
(b) They owe him a favor from many years ago.
(c) He is trying to blackmail them.
(d) It is too heavy for him.
13. How do the drinkard and his wife get more money?
(a) They beg Faithful-Mother for money.
(b) They take their fear back and collect the interest.
(c) They start another ferry business.
(d) They create money with their juju.
14. What happens after the drinkard re-gums the broken egg?
(a) The egg produces one million whips and flogs the ungrateful people.
(b) Nothing, the egg still does not work.
(c) The eggs works good as new.
(d) The egg only produces palm-wine.
15. How many dead babies do the drinkard and his wife meet on the road?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the drinkard make the rule that he would only serve people outside?
2. What do the drinkard and the tapser do together?
3. What does the tapster say he did the night he died?
4. When the drinkard and his wife are captured and put in a bag, what are the other creatures in the bag like?
5. In the second case, which wife does the husband first pick when he is brought back to life?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)