|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does the drinkard do in case there are future difficulties?
(a) He produces a second magic egg.
(b) He charges for his help and saves the profits.
(c) He produces money and hides it.
(d) He builds a place to store food.
2. How does the giant revive the creatures after the drinkard kills them?
(a) He squeezes a special leaf over them.
(b) He puts them back in the bag.
(c) He finds a wizard.
(d) He uses his father's charm.
3. What is NOT true about the lady that approaches the drinkard and his wife?
(a) She has violet colored hair.
(b) She is a deep red color.
(c) She wears a fancy dress.
(d) She wears high heels.
4. The "natural disaster" that has affected the drinkard's hometown was the result of ________.
(a) An agreement between Dead's Town and Heaven.
(b) An argument between Land and Dead's Town.
(c) An argument between Heaven and Land.
(d) An agreement between Land and Dead's Town.
5. When the drinkard becomes a judge, what is his first case about?
(a) A conflict between a debter and a debt collector.
(b) A conflict between two professional gamblers
(c) A conflict between a father and his son.
(d) A conflict between a professional thief and a vigilante.
6. What is the bridge that the drinkard and his wife cross?
(a) A blanket that turns stiff.
(b) A stick in Faithful-Mother's hand.
(c) It is Faithful-Hands.
(d) A ropes course.
7. What color are the "deads'" clothing?
(a) Dark Blue.
8. When the drinkard and his wife are captured and put in a bag, what are the other creatures in the bag like?
(a) Furry and soft.
(b) Sticky like gum.
(c) Sharp as sand paper.
(d) Smooth as pebbles.
9. What happens after the drinkard re-gums the broken egg?
(a) The egg only produces palm-wine.
(b) The eggs works good as new.
(c) Nothing, the egg still does not work.
(d) The egg produces one million whips and flogs the ungrateful people.
10. How is the drinkard supposed to walk in "Dead's Town"?
(a) On his tiptoes.
11. Who is "Invisible-Pawn"?
(a) The tapster.
(b) The head of the bush creatures.
(c) The drinkard's son.
12. How much money is involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 1 pound.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 1000 pounds.
13. Why do the drinkard and his wife leave the town?
(a) They are scared of "Invisible-Pawn."
(b) It is just time to move on.
(c) They are scared of a revolt.
(d) "Invisible-Pawn" kills all the natives and now they are the only ones left in the town.
14. Who says, "Wonderful hard worker, but he would be a wonderful robber in future"?
(a) The drinkard.
(b) The drinkard's wife.
(c) The Invisible-Pawn.
15. What was in the center of the white tree?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A park.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A large dance hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who figures out how to help the drinkard heal more quickly after he is beat up by the giant?
2. How does the drinkard's magical egg break?
3. How do the drinkard and his wife get more money?
4. What does the drinkard ask of his readers after he explains the two cases?
5. After how long, does Faithful-Mother tell the drinkard and his wife that they must leave?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)