|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much palm-wine does the drinkard consume with his friends when he first returns home?
(a) 2 kegs.
(b) 2 million kegs.
(c) 200 kegs.
(d) 2 glasses each.
2. How do the red people loose their redness?
(a) The drinkard makes a deal with the wizard.
(b) The drinkard kills the red bird and red fish.
(c) The king dies.
(d) The king burns the red tree.
3. Who is the lady who brought the drinkard to the red bush?
4. Why can't the slave escape the rain?
(a) The drinkard has prohibited anyone in the town to help him, so he can not find cover.
(b) No one will let them in their house because they fear he will bring them to Heaven.
(c) The rain only goes where he goes.
(d) Land has cursed him to never be dry again.
5. What is the verdict for the first case?
(a) There is none because the case is postponed.
(b) Someone is sentenced to death.
(c) Someone is sentenced to one year in prison.
(d) Someone is sentenced to life in prison.
6. When does "Invisible-Pawn" do his work?
(a) During siesta.
(b) At night.
(c) At dusk.
(d) At noon.
7. What was in the center of the white tree?
(a) A large dance hall.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A park.
8. On the way to Dead's Town, the drinkard and his wife get lost and ask to follow a man with a sack. What is in the sack?
(a) Nine creepy creatures.
(b) The tapster.
(d) A dead prince.
9. What were the red people before they became red people?
(a) Human beings.
(d) Blue people.
10. How does the drinkard get his thirst quenched?
(a) He is given a small bottomless bottle.
(b) He is given a new tapster.
(c) He finds a palm forest.
(d) He starts drinking water.
11. What is the bridge that the drinkard and his wife cross?
(a) A ropes course.
(b) A blanket that turns stiff.
(c) A stick in Faithful-Mother's hand.
(d) It is Faithful-Hands.
12. What do the "mountain-creatures" love to do?
(a) Hide in caves.
(c) Roll down the mountain.
13. Who puts the drinkard and his wife in the huge bag?
(a) A giant.
(b) The red lady.
(c) A goat.
(d) A man.
14. According to the tapster, why do "alives" and "deads" not live together?
(a) Because God prohibits it.
(b) Because each does things in opposite (and incorrect) ways.
(c) Because it is biologically impossible.
(d) Because there is not enough food.
15. How does the drinkard's magical egg break?
(a) People wrestle and knock it over.
(b) An evil person smashes it.
(c) An animal tries to eat it.
(d) The drinkard drops it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the drinkard turn his wife into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
2. What happens when the drinkard offers the "Invisible-Pawn" yams and corn as thanks for his work?
3. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the second wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
4. How is the drinkard supposed to walk in "Dead's Town"?
5. Where do the drinkard and his wife go to get their heads treated?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)