|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the first wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She went in search of a wizard.
(b) She did nothing.
(c) She died with her husband.
(d) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
2. What is the verdict for the second case?
(a) There is none because the case is postponed.
(b) The husband's choice is made official.
(c) The husband's choice is overturned.
(d) The wizard is sentenced to jail.
3. What were the red people before they became red people?
(c) Blue people.
(d) Human beings.
4. How does the drinkard's magical egg break?
(a) The drinkard drops it.
(b) An evil person smashes it.
(c) An animal tries to eat it.
(d) People wrestle and knock it over.
5. Why is it so hard for the drinkard and his wife to reach and enter "Dead's Town"?
(a) There is an optical illusion.
(b) They cannot enter during the day since they are alive.
(c) They do not have the special key.
(d) There is a labyrinth they need to get through.
6. What does the tapster do for the drinkard and his wife?
(a) He finds them a new tapster.
(b) He convinces the head of "Dead's Town" to let them stay.
(c) He builds a hut for them outside of "Dead's Town."
(d) He gets them a ride to their home town.
7. What do the "mountain-creatures" love to do?
(a) Hide in caves.
(c) Roll down the mountain.
8. What does "Hungry-Monster" do with the wooden doll?
(a) He throws it into the river.
(b) He eats it.
(c) He breaks it.
(d) He gives it to his daughter.
9. Why can't Faithful-Mother accompany the drinkard and his wife on the rest of their journey?
(a) She does not like the drinkard's wife.
(b) She walks more slowly than them and would hold them up.
(c) She is too ill.
(d) She must stay within her borders.
10. Why is the drinkard kicked out of "Dead's Town"?
(a) He refuses to follow the rules.
(b) He is too loud.
(c) He falls and bleeds.
(d) He is too dangerous.
11. How does the drinkard put an end to the "natural disaster"?
(a) He sends a sacrifice to Heaven.
(b) He negotiates with Land.
(c) He plants his magic seeds.
(d) He throws his magic egg in the river.
12. On what day after turning red, did everyone in the town die to then settle in the red bush?
(a) The 14th day.
(b) The 7th day.
(c) The 3rd day.
(d) The 2nd day.
13. Why can't the slave escape the rain?
(a) No one will let them in their house because they fear he will bring them to Heaven.
(b) The rain only goes where he goes.
(c) Land has cursed him to never be dry again.
(d) The drinkard has prohibited anyone in the town to help him, so he can not find cover.
14. Whom does the drinkard help during the "natural disaster"?
(a) People from various towns and villages surrounding his house.
(b) Only his family and close friends.
(c) Only people from his hometown.
(d) Only his family.
15. Why does the drinkard make the rule that he would only serve people outside?
(a) There are so many people visiting him and they are very pushy.
(b) He wants to keep the egg a secret from them.
(c) He is hiding the tapster in his house.
(d) The egg creats more when there is more open space.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the "mountain-creatures" in their favorite activity?
2. Why does the wise king dress up the drinkard and his wife and parade them around town?
3. How does the drinkard get his thirst quenched?
4. When Heaven and Land go hunting, what animal do they kill?
5. How many dead babies do the drinkard and his wife meet on the road?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)