|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the red king kill that caused the town to turn red?
(a) A wizard.
(b) A red creature.
(c) A red bird and red fish.
(d) A red tree.
2. Who figures out how to help the drinkard heal more quickly after he is beat up by the giant?
(a) The tapster.
(c) His wife.
(d) The giant.
3. What does the drinkard turn his wife into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
(a) A tiny kitten.
(b) A wooden doll.
(c) A flat stone.
(d) A small stick.
4. What else does the drinkard do in case there are future difficulties?
(a) He produces money and hides it.
(b) He produces a second magic egg.
(c) He builds a place to store food.
(d) He charges for his help and saves the profits.
5. What does the drinkard use to help alleviate the damage caused by the "natural disaster."
(a) He uses his magic egg.
(b) He uses his juju.
(c) He concocts a remedy out of palm-wine.
(d) He uses his magic seeds from Wraith Island.
6. When the drinkard and his wife are captured and put in a bag, what are the other creatures in the bag like?
(a) Smooth as pebbles.
(b) Furry and soft.
(c) Sharp as sand paper.
(d) Sticky like gum.
7. What happens when the drinkard offers the "Invisible-Pawn" yams and corn as thanks for his work?
(a) "Invisible-Pawn" refuses the offer.
(b) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats corn.
(c) "Invisible-Pawn" eats all the crops in town.
(d) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats yams.
8. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the second wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(b) She went in search of a wizard.
(c) She did nothing.
(d) She died with her husband.
9. What is the verdict for the first case?
(a) There is none because the case is postponed.
(b) Someone is sentenced to life in prison.
(c) Someone is sentenced to one year in prison.
(d) Someone is sentenced to death.
10. When Heaven and Land go hunting, what animal do they kill?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A hippopotamus.
(c) A goat.
(d) A bird.
11. Why is it so hard for the drinkard and his wife to reach and enter "Dead's Town"?
(a) They do not have the special key.
(b) There is a labyrinth they need to get through.
(c) They cannot enter during the day since they are alive.
(d) There is an optical illusion.
12. Whom does the drinkard help during the "natural disaster"?
(a) Only his family and close friends.
(b) People from various towns and villages surrounding his house.
(c) Only his family.
(d) Only people from his hometown.
13. How many creatures are in the bag with the drinkard and his wife?
14. Why can't Faithful-Mother accompany the drinkard and his wife on the rest of their journey?
(a) She must stay within her borders.
(b) She is too ill.
(c) She does not like the drinkard's wife.
(d) She walks more slowly than them and would hold them up.
15. Who is the lady who brought the drinkard to the red bush?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Invisible-Pawn"?
2. What happens when "Invisible-Pawn" is asked to bring firewood?
3. How much money is involved in the first case's conflict?
4. The "natural disaster" that has affected the drinkard's hometown was the result of ________.
5. What is the "Invisible-Pawn's" name?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)