|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day after turning red, did everyone in the town die to then settle in the red bush?
(a) The 14th day.
(b) The 2nd day.
(c) The 7th day.
(d) The 3rd day.
2. Who is the power that creates the "natural disaster" that affects the drinkard's hometown?
(a) The king of Dead's Town.
3. How does the giant revive the creatures after the drinkard kills them?
(a) He puts them back in the bag.
(b) He uses his father's charm.
(c) He finds a wizard.
(d) He squeezes a special leaf over them.
4. How does the wise king help the drinkard and his wife on their journey?
(a) He lends them three of his slaves.
(b) He gives them extra juju.
(c) He tells them the shortest route to "Dead's Town."
(d) He gives them some money.
5. Who says, "Wonderful hard worker, but he would be a wonderful robber in future"?
(a) The drinkard.
(c) The Invisible-Pawn.
(d) The drinkard's wife.
6. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the third wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She went in search of a wizard.
(b) She did nothing.
(c) She died with her husband.
(d) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
7. How does the drinkard get out of "Hungry-Monster's" stomach?
(a) He shoots and cuts his way out.
(b) "Hungry-Monster's" belly-button is also a door, which the drinkard leaves through.
(c) He climbs out "Hungry-Monster's" nose when he's asleep.
(d) He makes "Hungry-Monster" vomit.
8. How does the drinkard put an end to the "natural disaster"?
(a) He plants his magic seeds.
(b) He throws his magic egg in the river.
(c) He negotiates with Land.
(d) He sends a sacrifice to Heaven.
9. Who is the third character involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A wife.
(c) A bystander.
(d) A wizard.
10. When the drinkard and his wife are captured and put in a bag, what are the other creatures in the bag like?
(a) Sharp as sand paper.
(b) Furry and soft.
(c) Sticky like gum.
(d) Smooth as pebbles.
11. What is the bridge that the drinkard and his wife cross?
(a) A stick in Faithful-Mother's hand.
(b) It is Faithful-Hands.
(c) A blanket that turns stiff.
(d) A ropes course.
12. How long do the drinkard and his wife stay with the wise king?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 1.5 years.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 15 hours.
13. What is NOT true about the lady that approaches the drinkard and his wife?
(a) She wears high heels.
(b) She wears a fancy dress.
(c) She has violet colored hair.
(d) She is a deep red color.
14. What does the tapster do for the drinkard and his wife?
(a) He builds a hut for them outside of "Dead's Town."
(b) He finds them a new tapster.
(c) He convinces the head of "Dead's Town" to let them stay.
(d) He gets them a ride to their home town.
15. Who joins the "mountain-creatures" in their favorite activity?
(a) The tapster.
(b) The drinkard.
(c) The red lady.
(d) The drinkard's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pastime does the drinkard take up while in the white tree?
2. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the first wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
3. When Heaven and Land go hunting, what animal do they kill?
4. Where do the drinkard and his wife go to get their heads treated?
5. What was in the center of the white tree?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)