|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the drinkard and his wife are captured and put in a bag, what are the other creatures in the bag like?
(a) Sticky like gum.
(b) Smooth as pebbles.
(c) Sharp as sand paper.
(d) Furry and soft.
2. How does the drinkard get out of "Hungry-Monster's" stomach?
(a) "Hungry-Monster's" belly-button is also a door, which the drinkard leaves through.
(b) He shoots and cuts his way out.
(c) He makes "Hungry-Monster" vomit.
(d) He climbs out "Hungry-Monster's" nose when he's asleep.
3. What does the tapster say he did the night he died?
(a) He climbed up a palm tree and hid there.
(b) He floated straight to Dead's Town.
(c) He left in search of his dead father.
(d) He went home but realized that nobody could see or hear him.
4. Who is "Invisible-Pawn"?
(a) The tapster.
(c) The drinkard's son.
(d) The head of the bush creatures.
5. What pastime does the drinkard take up while in the white tree?
(a) Rock collecting.
(d) Chess playing.
6. What does the drinkard ask of his readers after he explains the two cases?
(a) To help him make the final judgements.
(b) To not deal with wizards.
(c) To pay all debts.
(d) To go to "Mixed Town."
7. Why does the drinkard make the rule that he would only serve people outside?
(a) The egg creats more when there is more open space.
(b) He is hiding the tapster in his house.
(c) He wants to keep the egg a secret from them.
(d) There are so many people visiting him and they are very pushy.
8. What happens when the drinkard offers the "Invisible-Pawn" yams and corn as thanks for his work?
(a) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats corn.
(b) "Invisible-Pawn" eats all the crops in town.
(c) "Invisible-Pawn" refuses the offer.
(d) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats yams.
9. What must you do to make the tapster's gift to the drinkard work?
(a) You put it in water.
(b) You insert a key.
(c) You shake it before use.
(d) You heat it up.
10. How do the drinkard and his wife get more money?
(a) They start another ferry business.
(b) They take their fear back and collect the interest.
(c) They create money with their juju.
(d) They beg Faithful-Mother for money.
11. What did the red king kill that caused the town to turn red?
(a) A red bird and red fish.
(b) A red creature.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A red tree.
12. How long do the drinkard and his wife stay with the wise king?
(a) 1.5 years.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 15 hours.
13. What does the drinkard turn his wife into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
(a) A wooden doll.
(b) A small stick.
(c) A tiny kitten.
(d) A flat stone.
14. What do the drinkard and his wife first give "Hungry-Monster" to eat?
(b) Unripe bananas.
(c) Poisonous berries.
15. Why can't Faithful-Mother accompany the drinkard and his wife on the rest of their journey?
(a) She is too ill.
(b) She must stay within her borders.
(c) She walks more slowly than them and would hold them up.
(d) She does not like the drinkard's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dead babies do the drinkard and his wife meet on the road?
2. What is the verdict for the second case?
3. How do the townspeople react to what "Invisible-Pawn" does when the drinkard offers him yams and corn as a thank you?
4. What is the "Invisible-Pawn's" name?
5. Who is the lady who brought the drinkard to the red bush?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)