|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do on the morning of the seventh day of the parade?
(a) He admits he is the real murderer.
(b) He kidnaps the king.
(c) He runs away from town.
(d) He kills the drinkard and his wife.
2. What does the tapster do for the drinkard and his wife?
(a) He convinces the head of "Dead's Town" to let them stay.
(b) He finds them a new tapster.
(c) He gets them a ride to their home town.
(d) He builds a hut for them outside of "Dead's Town."
3. How does the wise king help the drinkard and his wife on their journey?
(a) He lends them three of his slaves.
(b) He gives them some money.
(c) He gives them extra juju.
(d) He tells them the shortest route to "Dead's Town."
4. What happens after the drinkard re-gums the broken egg?
(a) The egg produces one million whips and flogs the ungrateful people.
(b) Nothing, the egg still does not work.
(c) The egg only produces palm-wine.
(d) The eggs works good as new.
5. How does the drinkard put an end to the "natural disaster"?
(a) He negotiates with Land.
(b) He sends a sacrifice to Heaven.
(c) He plants his magic seeds.
(d) He throws his magic egg in the river.
6. At the end of the chapter, what does Dance turn into?
(a) A cave.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A valley.
(d) A river.
7. Who joins the "mountain-creatures" in their favorite activity?
(a) The drinkard's wife.
(b) The red lady.
(c) The drinkard.
(d) The tapster.
8. Who is this year's annual sacrifice in the red bush?
(a) The drinkard.
(b) The king.
(c) The red lady.
(d) The drinkard's wife.
9. In the second case, which wife does the husband first pick when he is brought back to life?
(a) His second wife.
(b) None, the third wife offers herself.
(c) His third wife.
(d) His first wife.
10. What was the tapster called before he died?
11. How long do the drinkard and his wife stay with the wise king?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 15 hours.
(c) 1.5 years.
(d) 15 days.
12. Who is the third character involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A wife.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A bystander.
13. Why can't the slave escape the rain?
(a) No one will let them in their house because they fear he will bring them to Heaven.
(b) The rain only goes where he goes.
(c) Land has cursed him to never be dry again.
(d) The drinkard has prohibited anyone in the town to help him, so he can not find cover.
14. The "natural disaster" that has affected the drinkard's hometown was the result of ________.
(a) An agreement between Dead's Town and Heaven.
(b) An agreement between Land and Dead's Town.
(c) An argument between Land and Dead's Town.
(d) An argument between Heaven and Land.
15. What do the drinkard and the tapser do together?
(a) Go hunting.
(b) Build a carriage.
(c) Exchange stories.
(d) Tap palm-wine with new technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who figures out how to help the drinkard heal more quickly after he is beat up by the giant?
2. What does the drinkard use to help alleviate the damage caused by the "natural disaster."
3. What do the drinkard and his wife first give "Hungry-Monster" to eat?
4. When can "alives" enter Dead's Town.
5. When the drinkard and his wife are captured and put in a bag, what are the other creatures in the bag like?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)