|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faithful-Mother NOT give the drinkard and his wife when they leave?
(a) A cutlass.
(b) A gun and ammunition.
(c) A map.
2. How do the red people loose their redness?
(a) The drinkard kills the red bird and red fish.
(b) The drinkard makes a deal with the wizard.
(c) The king burns the red tree.
(d) The king dies.
3. What is the bridge that the drinkard and his wife cross?
(a) A blanket that turns stiff.
(b) A ropes course.
(c) It is Faithful-Hands.
(d) A stick in Faithful-Mother's hand.
4. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the first wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She did nothing.
(b) She went in search of a wizard.
(c) She died with her husband.
(d) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
5. In the second case, which wife does the husband first pick when he is brought back to life?
(a) His first wife.
(b) None, the third wife offers herself.
(c) His third wife.
(d) His second wife.
6. What do the dead babies do?
(a) Beg for milk.
(b) Sing happy nursery rhymes.
(c) Roll to their destinations.
(d) Beat with sticks the adults who pass by.
7. What must you do to make the tapster's gift to the drinkard work?
(a) You put it in water.
(b) You shake it before use.
(c) You insert a key.
(d) You heat it up.
8. Why does the drinkard make the rule that he would only serve people outside?
(a) The egg creats more when there is more open space.
(b) There are so many people visiting him and they are very pushy.
(c) He is hiding the tapster in his house.
(d) He wants to keep the egg a secret from them.
9. Why do the drinkard and his wife leave the town?
(a) They are scared of a revolt.
(b) They are scared of "Invisible-Pawn."
(c) "Invisible-Pawn" kills all the natives and now they are the only ones left in the town.
(d) It is just time to move on.
10. Who is the third character involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) A wife.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A bystander.
(d) A wizard.
11. What does "Hungry-Monster" cry?
(b) "Yummy in my tummy."
12. What is the verdict for the second case?
(a) The husband's choice is overturned.
(b) The wizard is sentenced to jail.
(c) The husband's choice is made official.
(d) There is none because the case is postponed.
13. Who says, "Wonderful hard worker, but he would be a wonderful robber in future"?
(a) The drinkard's wife.
(c) The drinkard.
(d) The Invisible-Pawn.
14. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the third wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She did nothing.
(b) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(c) She went in search of a wizard.
(d) She died with her husband.
15. What is NOT true about the lady that approaches the drinkard and his wife?
(a) She wears high heels.
(b) She is a deep red color.
(c) She wears a fancy dress.
(d) She has violet colored hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, what does Dance turn into?
2. When can "alives" enter Dead's Town.
3. What pastime does the drinkard take up while in the white tree?
4. What do the drinkard and the tapser do together?
5. What else does the drinkard do in case there are future difficulties?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)