|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day after turning red, did everyone in the town die to then settle in the red bush?
(a) The 2nd day.
(b) The 14th day.
(c) The 3rd day.
(d) The 7th day.
2. The "natural disaster" that has affected the drinkard's hometown was the result of ________.
(a) An argument between Land and Dead's Town.
(b) An argument between Heaven and Land.
(c) An agreement between Dead's Town and Heaven.
(d) An agreement between Land and Dead's Town.
3. Why does the drinkard make the rule that he would only serve people outside?
(a) He is hiding the tapster in his house.
(b) There are so many people visiting him and they are very pushy.
(c) He wants to keep the egg a secret from them.
(d) The egg creats more when there is more open space.
4. How do the townspeople react to what "Invisible-Pawn" does when the drinkard offers him yams and corn as a thank you?
(a) They celebrate with a feast.
(b) They are mad at the drinkard and plan to revolt.
(c) They share recipes with "Invisible-Pawn."
(d) They don't care either way.
5. What ultimately happens to the man with the sack?
(a) He escapes town.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He hides under the statue of the king for the rest of his life.
(d) He steals the drinkard's wife.
6. What does the drinkard ask of his readers after he explains the two cases?
(a) To go to "Mixed Town."
(b) To pay all debts.
(c) To not deal with wizards.
(d) To help him make the final judgements.
7. Who does the drinkard assign to help him with his plan to end the "natural disaster"?
(a) A slave.
(b) His wife.
(c) The tapster.
(d) The king.
8. Who is the third character involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) A bystander.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A wife.
9. When the drinkard and his wife are captured and put in a bag, what are the other creatures in the bag like?
(a) Sticky like gum.
(b) Smooth as pebbles.
(c) Sharp as sand paper.
(d) Furry and soft.
10. How does the drinkard put an end to the "natural disaster"?
(a) He sends a sacrifice to Heaven.
(b) He plants his magic seeds.
(c) He throws his magic egg in the river.
(d) He negotiates with Land.
11. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the second wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She went in search of a wizard.
(b) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(c) She did nothing.
(d) She died with her husband.
12. Why do the drinkard and his wife leave the town?
(a) It is just time to move on.
(b) "Invisible-Pawn" kills all the natives and now they are the only ones left in the town.
(c) They are scared of "Invisible-Pawn."
(d) They are scared of a revolt.
13. Where do the drinkard and his wife go to get their heads treated?
(a) The garden.
(b) The stream.
(c) The medicine man.
(d) The hospital.
14. Why is the drinkard kicked out of "Dead's Town"?
(a) He falls and bleeds.
(b) He is too loud.
(c) He refuses to follow the rules.
(d) He is too dangerous.
15. What do the dead babies do?
(a) Beat with sticks the adults who pass by.
(b) Sing happy nursery rhymes.
(c) Roll to their destinations.
(d) Beg for milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the first wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
2. How do the red people loose their redness?
3. Why is it so hard for the drinkard and his wife to reach and enter "Dead's Town"?
4. Who is "Invisible-Pawn"?
5. How many creatures are in the bag with the drinkard and his wife?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)