|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, what does Dance turn into?
(a) A cave.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A valley.
(d) A river.
2. How does the drinkard get his thirst quenched?
(a) He finds a palm forest.
(b) He is given a new tapster.
(c) He is given a small bottomless bottle.
(d) He starts drinking water.
3. What is the verdict for the first case?
(a) There is none because the case is postponed.
(b) Someone is sentenced to one year in prison.
(c) Someone is sentenced to death.
(d) Someone is sentenced to life in prison.
4. How does the wise king help the drinkard and his wife on their journey?
(a) He gives them some money.
(b) He gives them extra juju.
(c) He tells them the shortest route to "Dead's Town."
(d) He lends them three of his slaves.
5. What does the drinkard use to help alleviate the damage caused by the "natural disaster."
(a) He uses his juju.
(b) He concocts a remedy out of palm-wine.
(c) He uses his magic egg.
(d) He uses his magic seeds from Wraith Island.
6. When the drinkard and his wife are captured and put in a bag, what are the other creatures in the bag like?
(a) Smooth as pebbles.
(b) Furry and soft.
(c) Sharp as sand paper.
(d) Sticky like gum.
7. Who is the power that creates the "natural disaster" that affects the drinkard's hometown?
(b) The king of Dead's Town.
8. What gift does the tapster give the drinkard?
(a) A new tapster.
(b) Palm tree seeds.
(c) A rare tapping tool.
(d) A magic egg.
9. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the second wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She went in search of a wizard.
(b) She did nothing.
(c) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(d) She died with her husband.
10. Who does the drinkard assign to help him with his plan to end the "natural disaster"?
(a) The tapster.
(b) The king.
(c) His wife.
(d) A slave.
11. What "natural disaster" has killed millions of people?
(a) A plague.
(b) A famine.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A flood.
12. Who is the king of the Red-Bush related to?
(a) The tapster.
13. When the drinkard becomes a judge, what is his first case about?
(a) A conflict between two professional gamblers
(b) A conflict between a professional thief and a vigilante.
(c) A conflict between a father and his son.
(d) A conflict between a debter and a debt collector.
14. What were the red people before they became red people?
(a) Human beings.
(c) Blue people.
15. What do the drinkard and his wife first give "Hungry-Monster" to eat?
(a) Unripe bananas.
(c) Poisonous berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the drinkard ask of his readers after he explains the two cases?
2. How long is the parade requested by the king supposed to last?
3. What did the red king kill that caused the town to turn red?
4. Who figures out how to help the drinkard heal more quickly after he is beat up by the giant?
5. What does "Hungry-Monster" cry?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)