|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man they are following make the drinkard and his wife carry his sack?
(a) He is trying to blackmail them.
(b) They owe him a favor from many years ago.
(c) He doesn't; they offer to help him.
(d) It is too heavy for him.
2. What does the tapster say he did the night he died?
(a) He climbed up a palm tree and hid there.
(b) He went home but realized that nobody could see or hear him.
(c) He left in search of his dead father.
(d) He floated straight to Dead's Town.
3. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
(a) A flat stone.
(b) A wooden doll.
(c) A small stick.
(d) A tiny kitten.
4. What does the tapster bring to the drinkard and his wife?
(b) New clothes.
5. What was the tapster called before he died?
6. What does "Hungry-Monster" do with the wooden doll?
(a) He throws it into the river.
(b) He gives it to his daughter.
(c) He eats it.
(d) He breaks it.
7. What ultimately happens to the man with the sack?
(a) He steals the drinkard's wife.
(b) He hides under the statue of the king for the rest of his life.
(c) He escapes town.
(d) He is killed.
8. Why can't Faithful-Mother accompany the drinkard and his wife on the rest of their journey?
(a) She is too ill.
(b) She walks more slowly than them and would hold them up.
(c) She does not like the drinkard's wife.
(d) She must stay within her borders.
9. What happens after the drinkard re-gums the broken egg?
(a) The egg only produces palm-wine.
(b) Nothing, the egg still does not work.
(c) The egg produces one million whips and flogs the ungrateful people.
(d) The eggs works good as new.
10. What happens when the husband from case #2 comes back to life?
(a) The husband decides he can only have one wife.
(b) The wizard wants to marry one of his wives.
(c) The husband has to sacrifice one of his wives to the gods.
(d) The wizard wants to hire one of the wives as his assistant.
11. When Heaven and Land go hunting, what animal do they kill?
(a) A goat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A hippopotamus.
12. How does the drinkard put an end to the "natural disaster"?
(a) He negotiates with Land.
(b) He throws his magic egg in the river.
(c) He plants his magic seeds.
(d) He sends a sacrifice to Heaven.
13. What does the man do on the morning of the seventh day of the parade?
(a) He kidnaps the king.
(b) He kills the drinkard and his wife.
(c) He runs away from town.
(d) He admits he is the real murderer.
14. What is the verdict for the second case?
(a) The husband's choice is overturned.
(b) There is none because the case is postponed.
(c) The wizard is sentenced to jail.
(d) The husband's choice is made official.
15. Who puts the drinkard and his wife in the huge bag?
(a) A giant.
(b) A goat.
(c) A man.
(d) The red lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the drinkard offers the "Invisible-Pawn" yams and corn as thanks for his work?
2. Why do the drinkard and his wife leave the town?
3. On the way to Dead's Town, the drinkard and his wife get lost and ask to follow a man with a sack. What is in the sack?
4. Who is "Invisible-Pawn"?
5. What is NOT true about the lady that approaches the drinkard and his wife?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)