|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the drinkard help during the "natural disaster"?
(a) Only his family.
(b) Only his family and close friends.
(c) People from various towns and villages surrounding his house.
(d) Only people from his hometown.
2. What does the man do on the morning of the seventh day of the parade?
(a) He kidnaps the king.
(b) He admits he is the real murderer.
(c) He runs away from town.
(d) He kills the drinkard and his wife.
3. What does the tapster say he did the night he died?
(a) He went home but realized that nobody could see or hear him.
(b) He floated straight to Dead's Town.
(c) He climbed up a palm tree and hid there.
(d) He left in search of his dead father.
4. What "natural disaster" has killed millions of people?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A plague.
(c) A famine.
(d) A flood.
5. What does Faithful-Mother NOT give the drinkard and his wife when they leave?
(a) A map.
(c) A cutlass.
(d) A gun and ammunition.
6. How do the red people loose their redness?
(a) The king dies.
(b) The drinkard kills the red bird and red fish.
(c) The king burns the red tree.
(d) The drinkard makes a deal with the wizard.
7. How does the drinkard get his thirst quenched?
(a) He finds a palm forest.
(b) He starts drinking water.
(c) He is given a small bottomless bottle.
(d) He is given a new tapster.
8. What is the bridge that the drinkard and his wife cross?
(a) It is Faithful-Hands.
(b) A ropes course.
(c) A blanket that turns stiff.
(d) A stick in Faithful-Mother's hand.
9. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the third wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(b) She died with her husband.
(c) She did nothing.
(d) She went in search of a wizard.
10. What is the verdict for the first case?
(a) There is none because the case is postponed.
(b) Someone is sentenced to one year in prison.
(c) Someone is sentenced to death.
(d) Someone is sentenced to life in prison.
11. How is the drinkard supposed to walk in "Dead's Town"?
(c) On his tiptoes.
12. When Heaven and Land go hunting, what animal do they kill?
(a) A bird.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A goat.
(d) A hippopotamus.
13. How do the townspeople react to what "Invisible-Pawn" does when the drinkard offers him yams and corn as a thank you?
(a) They share recipes with "Invisible-Pawn."
(b) They celebrate with a feast.
(c) They are mad at the drinkard and plan to revolt.
(d) They don't care either way.
14. Who joins the "mountain-creatures" in their favorite activity?
(a) The drinkard.
(b) The red lady.
(c) The drinkard's wife.
(d) The tapster.
15. Who is the lady who brought the drinkard to the red bush?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the drinkard use to help alleviate the damage caused by the "natural disaster."
2. How much money is involved in the first case's conflict?
3. When does "Invisible-Pawn" do his work?
4. How does the drinkard get out of "Hungry-Monster's" stomach?
5. What do the "mountain-creatures" love to do?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)