|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the power that creates the "natural disaster" that affects the drinkard's hometown?
(c) The king of Dead's Town.
2. Who is the lady who brought the drinkard to the red bush?
3. What is the verdict for the second case?
(a) There is none because the case is postponed.
(b) The wizard is sentenced to jail.
(c) The husband's choice is made official.
(d) The husband's choice is overturned.
4. At the end of the chapter, what does Dance turn into?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A cave.
(c) A river.
(d) A valley.
5. Why does the wise king dress up the drinkard and his wife and parade them around town?
(a) To celebrate the foreign visitors.
(b) To express his gratitude.
(c) He thinks they are long lost family members.
(d) He is trying to determine who the true murderer is.
6. What does the drinkard ask of his readers after he explains the two cases?
(a) To not deal with wizards.
(b) To help him make the final judgements.
(c) To pay all debts.
(d) To go to "Mixed Town."
7. How does the giant revive the creatures after the drinkard kills them?
(a) He squeezes a special leaf over them.
(b) He finds a wizard.
(c) He uses his father's charm.
(d) He puts them back in the bag.
8. How much palm-wine does the drinkard consume with his friends when he first returns home?
(a) 2 kegs.
(b) 2 million kegs.
(c) 2 glasses each.
(d) 200 kegs.
9. How much money is involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 1 pound.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 1000 pounds.
10. After how long, does Faithful-Mother tell the drinkard and his wife that they must leave?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four years.
(c) A year and two months.
(d) One day.
11. How long do the drinkard and his wife stay with the wise king?
(a) 1.5 years.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 15 hours.
12. Who says, "Wonderful hard worker, but he would be a wonderful robber in future"?
(a) The Invisible-Pawn.
(b) The drinkard's wife.
(d) The drinkard.
13. How does the drinkard put an end to the "natural disaster"?
(a) He plants his magic seeds.
(b) He sends a sacrifice to Heaven.
(c) He throws his magic egg in the river.
(d) He negotiates with Land.
14. Where is the next town the drinkard and his wife go to after escaping "Hungry-Monster"?
(a) His hometown.
(b) Mixed Town.
(c) His wife's hometown.
(d) Alives' Town.
15. What do the "mountain-creatures" love to do?
(a) Roll down the mountain.
(d) Hide in caves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the center of the white tree?
2. What does the drinkard turn his wife into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
3. What must you do to make the tapster's gift to the drinkard work?
4. What else does the drinkard do in case there are future difficulties?
5. On the way to Dead's Town, the drinkard and his wife get lost and ask to follow a man with a sack. What is in the sack?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)