|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the drinkard and his wife leave the town?
(a) It is just time to move on.
(b) "Invisible-Pawn" kills all the natives and now they are the only ones left in the town.
(c) They are scared of "Invisible-Pawn."
(d) They are scared of a revolt.
2. The "natural disaster" that has affected the drinkard's hometown was the result of ________.
(a) An argument between Heaven and Land.
(b) An argument between Land and Dead's Town.
(c) An agreement between Dead's Town and Heaven.
(d) An agreement between Land and Dead's Town.
3. How much money is involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) 1000 pounds.
(b) 1 pound.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
4. What do the "mountain-creatures" love to do?
(a) Hide in caves.
(c) Roll down the mountain.
5. What happens when the drinkard offers the "Invisible-Pawn" yams and corn as thanks for his work?
(a) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats yams.
(b) "Invisible-Pawn" eats all the crops in town.
(c) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats corn.
(d) "Invisible-Pawn" refuses the offer.
6. What does the tapster say he did the night he died?
(a) He went home but realized that nobody could see or hear him.
(b) He floated straight to Dead's Town.
(c) He climbed up a palm tree and hid there.
(d) He left in search of his dead father.
7. How long do the drinkard and his wife stay with the wise king?
(a) 15 hours.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 1.5 years.
8. What happens when the husband from case #2 comes back to life?
(a) The wizard wants to hire one of the wives as his assistant.
(b) The wizard wants to marry one of his wives.
(c) The husband has to sacrifice one of his wives to the gods.
(d) The husband decides he can only have one wife.
9. Where do the drinkard and his wife go to get their heads treated?
(a) The stream.
(b) The garden.
(c) The medicine man.
(d) The hospital.
10. Why is it so hard for the drinkard and his wife to reach and enter "Dead's Town"?
(a) They cannot enter during the day since they are alive.
(b) They do not have the special key.
(c) There is an optical illusion.
(d) There is a labyrinth they need to get through.
11. What does the man do on the morning of the seventh day of the parade?
(a) He kills the drinkard and his wife.
(b) He admits he is the real murderer.
(c) He kidnaps the king.
(d) He runs away from town.
12. Who puts the drinkard and his wife in the huge bag?
(a) A goat.
(b) A man.
(c) The red lady.
(d) A giant.
13. On what day after turning red, did everyone in the town die to then settle in the red bush?
(a) The 7th day.
(b) The 3rd day.
(c) The 14th day.
(d) The 2nd day.
14. What did the red king kill that caused the town to turn red?
(a) A red creature.
(b) A red tree.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A red bird and red fish.
15. What is NOT true about the lady that approaches the drinkard and his wife?
(a) She has violet colored hair.
(b) She wears high heels.
(c) She wears a fancy dress.
(d) She is a deep red color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the drinkard turn his wife into to keep her safe from "Hungry-Monster"?
2. How many creatures are in the bag with the drinkard and his wife?
3. What does the drinkard turn his wife into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
4. Why is the drinkard kicked out of "Dead's Town"?
5. How many dead babies do the drinkard and his wife meet on the road?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)