|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man they are following make the drinkard and his wife carry his sack?
(a) He doesn't; they offer to help him.
(b) It is too heavy for him.
(c) They owe him a favor from many years ago.
(d) He is trying to blackmail them.
2. What is the "Invisible-Pawn's" name?
(a) Here and There.
(b) Catch and Release.
(c) Give and Take.
(d) Come and Go.
3. How many dead babies do the drinkard and his wife meet on the road?
4. On the way to Dead's Town, the drinkard and his wife get lost and ask to follow a man with a sack. What is in the sack?
(b) The tapster.
(c) Nine creepy creatures.
(d) A dead prince.
5. On what day after turning red, did everyone in the town die to then settle in the red bush?
(a) The 7th day.
(b) The 14th day.
(c) The 2nd day.
(d) The 3rd day.
6. What does the tapster do for the drinkard and his wife?
(a) He finds them a new tapster.
(b) He builds a hut for them outside of "Dead's Town."
(c) He convinces the head of "Dead's Town" to let them stay.
(d) He gets them a ride to their home town.
7. What "natural disaster" has killed millions of people?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A flood.
(c) A famine.
(d) A plague.
8. What do the dead babies do?
(a) Beat with sticks the adults who pass by.
(b) Sing happy nursery rhymes.
(c) Roll to their destinations.
(d) Beg for milk.
9. What do the drinkard and his wife first give "Hungry-Monster" to eat?
(a) Unripe bananas.
(d) Poisonous berries.
10. What gift does the tapster give the drinkard?
(a) Palm tree seeds.
(b) A new tapster.
(c) A rare tapping tool.
(d) A magic egg.
11. What happens after the drinkard re-gums the broken egg?
(a) The egg produces one million whips and flogs the ungrateful people.
(b) The eggs works good as new.
(c) Nothing, the egg still does not work.
(d) The egg only produces palm-wine.
12. What happens when the drinkard offers the "Invisible-Pawn" yams and corn as thanks for his work?
(a) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats corn.
(b) "Invisible-Pawn" eats all the crops in town.
(c) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats yams.
(d) "Invisible-Pawn" refuses the offer.
13. How is the drinkard supposed to walk in "Dead's Town"?
(c) On his tiptoes.
14. What is the verdict for the first case?
(a) Someone is sentenced to death.
(b) Someone is sentenced to one year in prison.
(c) Someone is sentenced to life in prison.
(d) There is none because the case is postponed.
15. How does the drinkard's magical egg break?
(a) The drinkard drops it.
(b) People wrestle and knock it over.
(c) An evil person smashes it.
(d) An animal tries to eat it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the king of the Red-Bush related to?
2. How does the giant revive the creatures after the drinkard kills them?
3. What did the red king kill that caused the town to turn red?
4. In the second case, which wife does the husband first pick when he is brought back to life?
5. What does the man do on the morning of the seventh day of the parade?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)