|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it so hard for the drinkard and his wife to reach and enter "Dead's Town"?
(a) They cannot enter during the day since they are alive.
(b) There is a labyrinth they need to get through.
(c) There is an optical illusion.
(d) They do not have the special key.
2. What was the tapster called before he died?
3. What do the "mountain-creatures" love to do?
(a) Hide in caves.
(c) Roll down the mountain.
4. How do the red people loose their redness?
(a) The king dies.
(b) The drinkard makes a deal with the wizard.
(c) The drinkard kills the red bird and red fish.
(d) The king burns the red tree.
5. How does the giant revive the creatures after the drinkard kills them?
(a) He finds a wizard.
(b) He squeezes a special leaf over them.
(c) He uses his father's charm.
(d) He puts them back in the bag.
6. Where is the next town the drinkard and his wife go to after escaping "Hungry-Monster"?
(a) Mixed Town.
(b) Alives' Town.
(c) His hometown.
(d) His wife's hometown.
7. How much money is involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) 1 pound.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 1000 pounds.
8. How much palm-wine does the drinkard consume with his friends when he first returns home?
(a) 200 kegs.
(b) 2 glasses each.
(c) 2 million kegs.
(d) 2 kegs.
9. Who is "Invisible-Pawn"?
(a) The head of the bush creatures.
(b) The drinkard's son.
(d) The tapster.
10. What happens when the drinkard offers the "Invisible-Pawn" yams and corn as thanks for his work?
(a) "Invisible-Pawn" eats all the crops in town.
(b) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats yams.
(c) "Invisible-Pawn" only eats corn.
(d) "Invisible-Pawn" refuses the offer.
11. In the second case, which wife does the husband first pick when he is brought back to life?
(a) His second wife.
(b) His first wife.
(c) His third wife.
(d) None, the third wife offers herself.
12. What does the tapster say he did the night he died?
(a) He went home but realized that nobody could see or hear him.
(b) He floated straight to Dead's Town.
(c) He climbed up a palm tree and hid there.
(d) He left in search of his dead father.
13. Who figures out how to help the drinkard heal more quickly after he is beat up by the giant?
(a) The tapster.
(b) His wife.
(d) The giant.
14. Why can't the slave escape the rain?
(a) The drinkard has prohibited anyone in the town to help him, so he can not find cover.
(b) The rain only goes where he goes.
(c) No one will let them in their house because they fear he will bring them to Heaven.
(d) Land has cursed him to never be dry again.
15. What does "Hungry-Monster" cry?
(a) "Yummy in my tummy."
Short Answer Questions
1. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the first wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
2. What must you do to make the tapster's gift to the drinkard work?
3. What is the verdict for the first case?
4. On what day after turning red, did everyone in the town die to then settle in the red bush?
5. What is the "Invisible-Pawn's" name?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)