|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, what does Dance turn into?
(a) A valley.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A cave.
(d) A river.
2. Whom does the drinkard help during the "natural disaster"?
(a) Only his family and close friends.
(b) People from various towns and villages surrounding his house.
(c) Only people from his hometown.
(d) Only his family.
3. How much money is involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 1000 pounds.
(d) 1 pound.
4. How do the drinkard and his wife get more money?
(a) They start another ferry business.
(b) They beg Faithful-Mother for money.
(c) They take their fear back and collect the interest.
(d) They create money with their juju.
5. How long is the parade requested by the king supposed to last?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 3 days.
6. Who is the king of the Red-Bush related to?
(a) The tapster.
7. When Heaven and Land go hunting, what animal do they kill?
(a) A hippopotamus.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A goat.
(d) A bird.
8. What is NOT true about the lady that approaches the drinkard and his wife?
(a) She is a deep red color.
(b) She wears a fancy dress.
(c) She has violet colored hair.
(d) She wears high heels.
9. How does the drinkard get his thirst quenched?
(a) He is given a new tapster.
(b) He starts drinking water.
(c) He is given a small bottomless bottle.
(d) He finds a palm forest.
10. What happens when the husband from case #2 comes back to life?
(a) The husband decides he can only have one wife.
(b) The wizard wants to hire one of the wives as his assistant.
(c) The husband has to sacrifice one of his wives to the gods.
(d) The wizard wants to marry one of his wives.
11. What must you do to make the tapster's gift to the drinkard work?
(a) You heat it up.
(b) You insert a key.
(c) You put it in water.
(d) You shake it before use.
12. Who is the third character involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) A wife.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A bystander.
(d) A wizard.
13. What is the "Invisible-Pawn's" name?
(a) Give and Take.
(b) Here and There.
(c) Come and Go.
(d) Catch and Release.
14. What does the man do on the morning of the seventh day of the parade?
(a) He runs away from town.
(b) He kidnaps the king.
(c) He kills the drinkard and his wife.
(d) He admits he is the real murderer.
15. On the way to Dead's Town, the drinkard and his wife get lost and ask to follow a man with a sack. What is in the sack?
(b) Nine creepy creatures.
(c) The tapster.
(d) A dead prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. The "natural disaster" that has affected the drinkard's hometown was the result of ________.
2. Why can't Faithful-Mother accompany the drinkard and his wife on the rest of their journey?
3. What color are the "deads'" clothing?
4. How does the wise king help the drinkard and his wife on their journey?
5. Who figures out how to help the drinkard heal more quickly after he is beat up by the giant?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)