|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does "Invisible-Pawn" do his work?
(a) At noon.
(b) During siesta.
(c) At night.
(d) At dusk.
2. Who is the lady who brought the drinkard to the red bush?
3. What do the "mountain-creatures" love to do?
(a) Hide in caves.
(d) Roll down the mountain.
4. What is the verdict for the first case?
(a) There is none because the case is postponed.
(b) Someone is sentenced to one year in prison.
(c) Someone is sentenced to death.
(d) Someone is sentenced to life in prison.
5. When the drinkard and his wife are captured and put in a bag, what are the other creatures in the bag like?
(a) Sticky like gum.
(b) Furry and soft.
(c) Sharp as sand paper.
(d) Smooth as pebbles.
6. What happens when "Invisible-Pawn" is asked to bring firewood?
(a) He brings a few sticks.
(b) He is lazy and does not bring any.
(c) He brings so much that the town is full of it.
(d) He travels to another bush to get a special type.
7. Who is the third character involved in the first case's conflict?
(a) A wizard.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A bystander.
(d) A wife.
8. On what day after turning red, did everyone in the town die to then settle in the red bush?
(a) The 7th day.
(b) The 2nd day.
(c) The 3rd day.
(d) The 14th day.
9. What was the tapster called before he died?
10. How does the drinkard put an end to the "natural disaster"?
(a) He plants his magic seeds.
(b) He negotiates with Land.
(c) He sends a sacrifice to Heaven.
(d) He throws his magic egg in the river.
11. What does "Hungry-Monster" cry?
(c) "Yummy in my tummy."
12. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the second wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(b) She died with her husband.
(c) She did nothing.
(d) She went in search of a wizard.
13. Who is the king of the Red-Bush related to?
(d) The tapster.
14. What happens after the drinkard re-gums the broken egg?
(a) The egg only produces palm-wine.
(b) Nothing, the egg still does not work.
(c) The eggs works good as new.
(d) The egg produces one million whips and flogs the ungrateful people.
15. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
(a) A flat stone.
(b) A tiny kitten.
(c) A small stick.
(d) A wooden doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "natural disaster" has killed millions of people?
2. How many dead babies do the drinkard and his wife meet on the road?
3. How long is the parade requested by the king supposed to last?
4. According to the tapster, why do "alives" and "deads" not live together?
5. Who is this year's annual sacrifice in the red bush?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)