|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the red king kill that caused the town to turn red?
(a) A red bird and red fish.
(b) A red tree.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A red creature.
2. Who says, "Wonderful hard worker, but he would be a wonderful robber in future"?
(b) The Invisible-Pawn.
(c) The drinkard's wife.
(d) The drinkard.
3. How does the giant revive the creatures after the drinkard kills them?
(a) He finds a wizard.
(b) He puts them back in the bag.
(c) He squeezes a special leaf over them.
(d) He uses his father's charm.
4. How does the drinkard put an end to the "natural disaster"?
(a) He sends a sacrifice to Heaven.
(b) He plants his magic seeds.
(c) He throws his magic egg in the river.
(d) He negotiates with Land.
5. In the second case, which wife does the husband first pick when he is brought back to life?
(a) His first wife.
(b) None, the third wife offers herself.
(c) His third wife.
(d) His second wife.
6. Why does the wise king dress up the drinkard and his wife and parade them around town?
(a) To express his gratitude.
(b) To celebrate the foreign visitors.
(c) He is trying to determine who the true murderer is.
(d) He thinks they are long lost family members.
7. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the third wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(b) She died with her husband.
(c) She did nothing.
(d) She went in search of a wizard.
8. Who figures out how to help the drinkard heal more quickly after he is beat up by the giant?
(b) The giant.
(c) His wife.
(d) The tapster.
9. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the second wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She went in search of a wizard.
(b) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(c) She died with her husband.
(d) She did nothing.
10. Why can't the slave escape the rain?
(a) The rain only goes where he goes.
(b) No one will let them in their house because they fear he will bring them to Heaven.
(c) The drinkard has prohibited anyone in the town to help him, so he can not find cover.
(d) Land has cursed him to never be dry again.
11. What pastime does the drinkard take up while in the white tree?
(a) Rock collecting.
(c) Chess playing.
12. How many creatures are in the bag with the drinkard and his wife?
13. What color are the "deads'" clothing?
(b) Dark Blue.
14. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
(a) A wooden doll.
(b) A flat stone.
(c) A small stick.
(d) A tiny kitten.
15. Who is the power that creates the "natural disaster" that affects the drinkard's hometown?
(a) The king of Dead's Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the drinkard's magical egg break?
2. How much palm-wine does the drinkard consume with his friends when he first returns home?
3. What does "Hungry-Monster" cry?
4. Why can't Faithful-Mother accompany the drinkard and his wife on the rest of their journey?
5. What is the drinkard's hobby in the next town they go to after escaping "Hungry-Monster"?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)