|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the "half-bodied baby" appear?
(a) From the ashes.
(b) From a tree.
(c) Out of a bush.
(d) On the road.
2. What is the protagonist's name?
(a) God of Palm-Wine.
(b) His name is unknown.
(c) Father of the gods who could do everything in this world.
3. What is NOT true about the market's owner?
(a) He has a strange moustache.
(b) His head is small like a baby's.
(c) He has no foot.
(d) He jumps instead of walks.
4. What does the drinkard light on fire?
(a) The building where Zurrjir sleeps.
(b) The town hall.
(c) A palm-wine tree.
(d) Skull's hole.
5. What does the Termite House look like?
(a) A wooden chest.
(b) A maze.
(c) A cream colored umbrella.
(d) A market place.
6. To complete his first challenge, what does the drinkard turn himself into?
(a) A frog.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A bird.
7. What does Skull make the woman sit on?
(a) A rotting log.
(b) A stool.
(c) A bullfrog.
(d) A mushroom.
8. What does the drinkard change the woman into as they escape from Skull?
(a) A sparrow-like bird.
(b) A bullfrog.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A tiny kitten.
9. What does the woman, who is held captive by Skull, have around her neck?
(a) Some juju.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A cowrie.
(d) A necklace.
10. What does this character do in return for being forgotten by the king?
(a) He undoes all the work everyone else had done in the field.
(b) He clears the field himself to get some attention.
(c) He goes staight to the king to complain.
(d) He leaves Wraith Island.
11. Which description is NOT true about "half-bodied baby"?
(a) He is always hungry.
(b) He is getting heavier.
(c) He is growing long hair.
(d) He never sleeps.
12. Who does the woman marry?
(a) The drinkard.
(d) The complete gentleman.
13. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(b) Hot water.
(c) A fire.
(d) A tornado.
14. What did Zurrjir love to do?
15. As a child, what was the only type of money used in the protagonist's town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the drinkard brings Death to the old man (a god)?
2. What does the protagonist bring with him on his journey?
3. About how much does "half-bodied baby" weight by the time the drinkard starts carrying him?
4. What does the drinkard change himself into to follow the complete gentleman?
5. Before entering the white tree, what do the drinkard and his wife do?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)