|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What won't "half-bodied baby" let his parents do?
(a) Talk or laugh.
(b) Eat or laugh.
(c) Eat or sleep.
(d) Talk or sleep.
2. What does the protagonist do when he finds the tapster dead?
(a) He climbs a palm tree to tap palm-wine.
(b) He runs away in fear.
(c) He sobs for three days.
(d) He brings the body back to town to bury it.
3. Who figures out how to help the woman eat and speak again?
(a) Her father.
(b) The drinkard.
(d) The complete gentleman.
4. Why do the attendants bring an eagle?
(a) To take out the eyes of the drinkard and his wife.
(b) To ride on it to the next town.
(c) Because it sings a special song.
(d) To kill it and eat it.
5. What is true about the "highway men"?
(a) They are very short.
(b) They come in gangs.
(c) They charge tolls.
(d) They are all red.
6. The protagonist's siblings were all hard workers, but the protagonist was ____________________.
(a) Bedridden from a rare disease.
(b) A hermit who read books all day.
(c) Occupied with drinking palm-wine.
(d) Too young to help with work.
7. What happens when the woman gets off the bullfrog?
(a) Her scarf starts to choke her.
(b) She disappears.
(c) Her necklace breaks.
(d) The cowrie starts screaming.
8. Where does the "half-bodied baby" appear?
(a) On the road.
(b) Out of a bush.
(c) From a tree.
(d) From the ashes.
9. Why does the man with eyes in back of his knees chase the drinkard and his wife?
(a) They stole his cowrie, which had fallen on the ground.
(b) They knew each other from the drinkard's home town.
(c) They made fun of his odd body.
(d) They took a cola from the image of a basket.
10. Zurrjir is described as a "wonderful" child because ________.
(a) He has the special power to creat palm-wine out of water.
(b) He helps out in the kitchen.
(c) If one hundred men tried to fight him, he is so strong he would just flog them away.
(d) If there were a famine, he would travel miles to find and bring back food for his family.
11. Who do the townspeople want to exile?
(b) The woman.
(c) The complete gentleman.
(d) The drinkard.
12. Who does the woman marry?
(b) The complete gentleman.
(d) The drinkard.
13. Which description is NOT true about "half-bodied baby"?
(a) He is always hungry.
(b) He is getting heavier.
(c) He is growing long hair.
(d) He never sleeps.
14. What color are the creatures the drinkard meets in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
15. What are the people like in Wraith-Island?
(a) Always busy.
(b) Very nice and loving.
(c) Very talkative.
(d) Very violent and mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the terrible animal mad?
2. What does the drinkard change himself into to follow the complete gentleman?
3. How does "Spirit of Prey" kill his prey?
4. What is the Termite House actually?
5. Where does Skull live?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)