|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT true about the terrible animal?
(a) He has teeth as thick as cow horns.
(b) His fingernails are about two feet long.
(c) He is as big as an elephant.
(d) He has long red hair.
2. What does the protagonist do when he finds the tapster dead?
(a) He sobs for three days.
(b) He runs away in fear.
(c) He brings the body back to town to bury it.
(d) He climbs a palm tree to tap palm-wine.
3. When does "half-bodied baby" finally come down from the drinkard?
(a) When he meets Drums, Song, and Dance.
(b) When he want to learn how to walk.
(c) When he gets a big steak.
(d) When they run into the white creatures.
4. In the second town where the drinkard goes, a man says he will tell the drinkard where the tapster is if he ______.
(a) Kills the curious creature who killed his crops.
(b) Marries the man's daughter.
(c) Returns the man's daughter who was captured by a curious creature.
(d) Goes to the market and learn how to become a "complete" gentleman.
5. What is NOT true about the "complete" gentleman?
(a) He wears expensive clothes.
(b) He is short.
(c) He could be sold for at least two thousand pounds.
(d) He is beautiful.
6. Who do the townspeople want to exile?
(a) The complete gentleman.
(c) The woman.
(d) The drinkard.
7. What are the people like in Wraith-Island?
(a) Very violent and mean.
(b) Always busy.
(c) Very talkative.
(d) Very nice and loving.
8. Which description is NOT true about "half-bodied baby"?
(a) He never sleeps.
(b) He is growing long hair.
(c) He is always hungry.
(d) He is getting heavier.
9. Where is Death when the drinkard reaches his house?
(a) On the roof.
(b) By the river.
(c) In his yam garden.
(d) In his house.
10. How long ago did the tapster leave the town where the drinkard thought he'd find him?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) 10 hours ago.
(c) 2 days ago.
(d) 10 years ago.
11. Why do the attendants bring an eagle?
(a) Because it sings a special song.
(b) To take out the eyes of the drinkard and his wife.
(c) To ride on it to the next town.
(d) To kill it and eat it.
12. What happens when the woman gets off the bullfrog?
(a) The cowrie starts screaming.
(b) Her scarf starts to choke her.
(c) Her necklace breaks.
(d) She disappears.
13. Why does the drinkard cry when he first sees the complete gentleman?
(a) He is jealous of the complete gentleman's beauty.
(b) He is upset that the complete gentleman was holding a woman captive.
(c) He cries tears of joy because the complete gentleman is a long lost friend.
(d) He is jealous that the complete gentleman has palm-wine.
14. How does the king try to make the drinkard and his wife talk?
(a) He has them dumped in water.
(b) He has them stabbed with a stick.
(c) He has their heads shaved.
(d) He has them tickled.
15. What does the drinkard change the woman into as they escape from Skull?
(a) A bullfrog.
(b) A tiny kitten.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A sparrow-like bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important question does the king of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" ask the drinkard and his wife?
2. Which god does the king make the drinkard meet?
3. What does the woman, who is held captive by Skull, have around her neck?
4. What does the protagonist bring with him on his journey?
5. Why is the terrible animal mad?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)