|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) A fire.
(b) A tornado.
(c) Hot water.
2. What are the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
(a) They all have three eyes.
(b) They are sweet and pleasant.
(c) They are well versed in philosophy.
(d) They do things backwards and incorrectly.
3. What was notable about the the protagonist's father?
(a) His father had 13 children.
(b) His father was the richest man in their town.
(c) His father lived to be 106 years old.
(d) His father had one leg.
4. What happens when the drinkard brings Death to the old man (a god)?
(a) The old man tells the drinkard where the tapster is.
(b) The old man and his wife both die.
(c) Death kills everyone in the town.
(d) The old man and his wife run away in fear.
5. What happens when the children of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" try to nail the heads of the drinkard and his wife?
(a) The tapster saves them.
(b) The children can not find hammers.
(c) The kings saves them.
(d) The eagle saves them.
6. How long ago did the tapster leave the town where the drinkard thought he'd find him?
(a) 10 hours ago.
(b) 10 years ago.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) 2 days ago.
7. How do the drinkard and his wife end up in the white tree?
(a) They enter through the back door.
(b) They fall through a hole into another world.
(c) They climb the tree, then fall through a shoot.
(d) The tree's hands grab them and bring them in.
8. What do the creatures do when the drinkard transforms himself in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) They run away in fear.
(b) They touch him.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They get closer to get warm.
9. Why does the protagonist leave his town?
(a) He follows the woman he wants to marry.
(b) He is exiled by his family.
(c) He leaves in search of the dead tapster.
(d) There is a famine and he is hungry.
10. Which description is NOT true about "half-bodied baby"?
(a) He is always hungry.
(b) He is getting heavier.
(c) He is growing long hair.
(d) He never sleeps.
11. What does the Termite House look like?
(a) A market place.
(b) A maze.
(c) A wooden chest.
(d) A cream colored umbrella.
12. What does the woman witness as she follows the "complete" gentleman into the forest?
(a) A family of skeletons pays him to "lend them a hand."
(b) The complete gentleman shrinks into a tiny complete gentleman.
(c) A curious creature kidnaps the complete gentleman.
(d) The complete gentleman returns his body parts to the owner he had rented them from.
13. What does the drinkard light on fire?
(a) The town hall.
(b) A palm-wine tree.
(c) Skull's hole.
(d) The building where Zurrjir sleeps.
14. The protagonist's siblings were all hard workers, but the protagonist was ____________________.
(a) A hermit who read books all day.
(b) Occupied with drinking palm-wine.
(c) Too young to help with work.
(d) Bedridden from a rare disease.
15. What does the protagonist bring with him on his journey?
(c) A magic stone.
(d) A sack of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the drinkard cut down a tree when he and his wife reach the river?
2. To complete his first challenge, what does the drinkard turn himself into?
3. Why does the drinkard cry when he first sees the complete gentleman?
4. What is the drinkard's financial situation when he meets Drums, Song, and Dance?
5. Who is the terrible animal?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)