|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the drinkard and his wife do finally talk to the king?
(a) Everyone begins to laugh.
(b) The drinkard's wife cries.
(c) The king sentences them to death.
(d) They find themselves speaking a different language.
2. Why does the drinkard cry when he first sees the complete gentleman?
(a) He cries tears of joy because the complete gentleman is a long lost friend.
(b) He is upset that the complete gentleman was holding a woman captive.
(c) He is jealous that the complete gentleman has palm-wine.
(d) He is jealous of the complete gentleman's beauty.
3. While living in Wraith Island, what is the drinkard's profession?
4. What happens to the woman's thumb?
(a) It turns green.
(b) It shrivels into a raisin.
(c) It swells up and a baby is born from it.
(d) It is cut off by Skull.
5. How do the attendants complete the task the king assigns them, regarding the drinkard and his wife?
(a) By kidnapping them and leaving them in a valley far away.
(b) With a flat stone and broken bottle.
(c) By threatening them with a stick.
(d) By hand delivering an invitation.
6. Who dies in the fire that the drinkard starts?
(a) The drinkard's son.
(c) The woman's father.
(d) The complete gentleman.
7. What does the woman's father finally tell the drinkard?
(a) That he can marry the woman.
(b) That he is also the drinkard's father.
(c) Who died in the fire.
(d) Where he can find the tapster.
8. What is NOT true about the market's owner?
(a) He has a strange moustache.
(b) His head is small like a baby's.
(c) He has no foot.
(d) He jumps instead of walks.
9. What must happen so the woman can eat and speak again?
(a) The necklace must be put back together.
(b) The scarf must be dyed red.
(c) The cowrie must be removed from her neck.
(d) She must consume more juju.
10. What does the protagonist bring with him on his journey?
(a) A sack of money.
(b) A magic stone.
11. What is NOT true about the "complete" gentleman?
(a) He is short.
(b) He could be sold for at least two thousand pounds.
(c) He wears expensive clothes.
(d) He is beautiful.
12. What does the Termite House look like?
(a) A cream colored umbrella.
(b) A maze.
(c) A wooden chest.
(d) A market place.
13. What does the drinkard change himself into to follow the complete gentleman?
(a) A bullfrog.
(b) A woman.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A butterfly.
14. Who is the terrible animal?
(a) The drinkard's son reincarnated.
(b) Someone the drinkard has sentenced in court.
(c) The tapster in form of a beast.
(d) The owner of the land where the drinkard has planted his crops.
15. What is NOT true about "Spirit of Prey"?
(a) He has hard scales covering his body.
(b) He has a head like a lion's.
(c) He walks on four legs.
(d) He is as big as a hippopotamus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did the tapster leave the town where the drinkard thought he'd find him?
2. Who is Zurrjir?
3. What is the protagonist's name?
4. Who does the woman marry?
5. Which god does the king make the drinkard meet?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)