|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman's father finally tell the drinkard?
(a) Who died in the fire.
(b) Where he can find the tapster.
(c) That he can marry the woman.
(d) That he is also the drinkard's father.
2. What is NOT true about the specific creature the drinkard describes in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) He is six feet in diameter.
(b) He is a quarter of a mile long
(c) He has one eye.
(d) He has four hands.
3. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) A fire.
(b) Hot water.
(c) A tornado.
4. Why does the drinkard cry when he first sees the complete gentleman?
(a) He is jealous that the complete gentleman has palm-wine.
(b) He cries tears of joy because the complete gentleman is a long lost friend.
(c) He is upset that the complete gentleman was holding a woman captive.
(d) He is jealous of the complete gentleman's beauty.
5. How is the bush described that the drinkard and his wife next travel through?
6. Why does the protagonist leave his town?
(a) He leaves in search of the dead tapster.
(b) There is a famine and he is hungry.
(c) He is exiled by his family.
(d) He follows the woman he wants to marry.
7. Who gave the drinkard the juju he uses to turn himself into a large bird?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Spirit of Prey.
(c) Water Spirt Woman.
(d) His father.
8. The protagonist's siblings were all hard workers, but the protagonist was ____________________.
(a) Bedridden from a rare disease.
(b) Occupied with drinking palm-wine.
(c) A hermit who read books all day.
(d) Too young to help with work.
9. How does "Spirit of Prey" kill his prey?
(a) He uses a bow and arrow.
(b) He whispers the name of his prey.
(c) He fixes his eyes on his prey and then closes them.
(d) He spits on his prey.
10. What does the terrible animal give the drinkard?
(a) Poisonous fruit.
(b) A book.
(c) Magic seeds.
(d) A heavy weapon.
11. Where is Death when the drinkard reaches his house?
(a) On the roof.
(b) In his yam garden.
(c) By the river.
(d) In his house.
12. What does wife forget in the ashes?
(a) Her ring.
(b) A photo album.
(c) Her gold trinket.
(d) Her silver pendant.
13. What does "Zurrjir" mean?
(a) A son who would change himself into another thing soon.
(b) Born from a thumb.
(c) Father of gods who could do everthing in the world.
(d) Insatiable appetite.
14. Who is Zurrjir?
(a) Skull's brother.
(b) The woman's father.
(c) The drinkard's son.
(d) The complete gentleman.
15. What does the woman witness as she follows the "complete" gentleman into the forest?
(a) The complete gentleman shrinks into a tiny complete gentleman.
(b) The complete gentleman returns his body parts to the owner he had rented them from.
(c) A family of skeletons pays him to "lend them a hand."
(d) A curious creature kidnaps the complete gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the drinkard and his wife meet personally the night, after meeting the king?
2. What is the protagonist's name?
3. How long ago did the tapster leave the town where the drinkard thought he'd find him?
4. As a child, what was the only type of money used in the protagonist's town?
5. What does the old man (a god) give the drinkard to catch Death?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)