|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the attendants bring an eagle?
(a) To kill it and eat it.
(b) Because it sings a special song.
(c) To take out the eyes of the drinkard and his wife.
(d) To ride on it to the next town.
2. Which description is NOT true about "half-bodied baby"?
(a) He is getting heavier.
(b) He is always hungry.
(c) He is growing long hair.
(d) He never sleeps.
3. Why do the drinkard and his wife stay by the river for a whole month?
(a) They have good friends.
(b) They are under a spell.
(c) They are making and saving up money.
(d) They are waiting for the rainy season to end.
4. What is NOT true about the specific creature the drinkard describes in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) He is a quarter of a mile long
(b) He is six feet in diameter.
(c) He has one eye.
(d) He has four hands.
5. Where does Skull live?
(a) Under a big rock.
(b) Inside a rotting log.
(c) In a hole.
(d) In the side of a hill.
6. What does the protagonist bring with him on his journey?
(a) A magic stone.
(b) A sack of money.
7. Why does the protagonist leave his town?
(a) He follows the woman he wants to marry.
(b) He leaves in search of the dead tapster.
(c) He is exiled by his family.
(d) There is a famine and he is hungry.
8. What won't "half-bodied baby" let his parents do?
(a) Eat or laugh.
(b) Eat or sleep.
(c) Talk or laugh.
(d) Talk or sleep.
9. What does "Zurrjir" mean?
(a) Father of gods who could do everthing in the world.
(b) A son who would change himself into another thing soon.
(c) Insatiable appetite.
(d) Born from a thumb.
10. What is NOT true about the market's owner?
(a) He has a strange moustache.
(b) His head is small like a baby's.
(c) He jumps instead of walks.
(d) He has no foot.
11. What is NOT true about "Spirit of Prey"?
(a) He is as big as a hippopotamus.
(b) He has a head like a lion's.
(c) He has hard scales covering his body.
(d) He walks on four legs.
12. Why does the man with eyes in back of his knees chase the drinkard and his wife?
(a) They made fun of his odd body.
(b) They knew each other from the drinkard's home town.
(c) They took a cola from the image of a basket.
(d) They stole his cowrie, which had fallen on the ground.
13. Zurrjir is described as a "wonderful" child because ________.
(a) If one hundred men tried to fight him, he is so strong he would just flog them away.
(b) He helps out in the kitchen.
(c) He has the special power to creat palm-wine out of water.
(d) If there were a famine, he would travel miles to find and bring back food for his family.
14. What does the protagonist do when he finds the tapster dead?
(a) He sobs for three days.
(b) He climbs a palm tree to tap palm-wine.
(c) He brings the body back to town to bury it.
(d) He runs away in fear.
15. What does the terrible animal give the drinkard?
(a) Magic seeds.
(b) Poisonous fruit.
(c) A heavy weapon.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the drinkard change himself into to follow the complete gentleman?
2. Why won't the people of Wraith Island leave with the drinkard and his wife?
3. What is the Termite House actually?
4. What happens when the children of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" try to nail the heads of the drinkard and his wife?
5. How do the drinkard and his wife end up in the white tree?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)