|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did the tapster leave the town where the drinkard thought he'd find him?
(a) 2 days ago.
(b) 10 hours ago.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) 10 years ago.
2. Zurrjir is described as a "wonderful" child because ________.
(a) He has the special power to creat palm-wine out of water.
(b) If there were a famine, he would travel miles to find and bring back food for his family.
(c) If one hundred men tried to fight him, he is so strong he would just flog them away.
(d) He helps out in the kitchen.
3. What is true about the "highway men"?
(a) They are all red.
(b) They charge tolls.
(c) They come in gangs.
(d) They are very short.
4. What happens when the children of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" try to nail the heads of the drinkard and his wife?
(a) The tapster saves them.
(b) The kings saves them.
(c) The eagle saves them.
(d) The children can not find hammers.
5. After meeting Drums, Song, and Dance, what does the drinkard do for five days?
(a) He eats.
(b) He dances.
(c) He pays the tambourine.
(d) He sleeps.
6. What does Skull make the woman sit on?
(a) A stool.
(b) A bullfrog.
(c) A mushroom.
(d) A rotting log.
7. What must happen so the woman can eat and speak again?
(a) She must consume more juju.
(b) The scarf must be dyed red.
(c) The necklace must be put back together.
(d) The cowrie must be removed from her neck.
8. Where is Death when the drinkard reaches his house?
(a) In his yam garden.
(b) By the river.
(c) On the roof.
(d) In his house.
9. What does the woman's father finally tell the drinkard?
(a) That he is also the drinkard's father.
(b) That he can marry the woman.
(c) Who died in the fire.
(d) Where he can find the tapster.
10. What does the drinkard light on fire?
(a) A palm-wine tree.
(b) The building where Zurrjir sleeps.
(c) Skull's hole.
(d) The town hall.
11. Who does the woman marry?
(b) The drinkard.
(d) The complete gentleman.
12. How does "Spirit of Prey" kill his prey?
(a) He fixes his eyes on his prey and then closes them.
(b) He whispers the name of his prey.
(c) He uses a bow and arrow.
(d) He spits on his prey.
13. Why do the drinkard and his wife stay by the river for a whole month?
(a) They are waiting for the rainy season to end.
(b) They have good friends.
(c) They are making and saving up money.
(d) They are under a spell.
14. What is NOT true about "Spirit of Prey"?
(a) He is as big as a hippopotamus.
(b) He walks on four legs.
(c) He has hard scales covering his body.
(d) He has a head like a lion's.
15. What does the protagonist bring with him on his journey?
(b) A sack of money.
(d) A magic stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When his parents do not listen to him, "half-bodied baby" commands that they _________.
2. While living in Wraith Island, what is the drinkard's profession?
3. What is the drinkard's financial situation when he meets Drums, Song, and Dance?
4. Why does the protagonist leave his town?
5. Before entering the white tree, what do the drinkard and his wife do?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)