|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the drinkard use to transform himself to escape the creatures, in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(b) His juju.
(c) His father's charm.
(d) A special leaf.
2. Who do the townspeople want to exile?
(a) The drinkard.
(b) The woman.
(d) The complete gentleman.
3. How long ago did the tapster leave the town where the drinkard thought he'd find him?
(a) 2 days ago.
(b) 2 years ago.
(c) 10 hours ago.
(d) 10 years ago.
4. Which description is NOT true about "half-bodied baby"?
(a) He never sleeps.
(b) He is getting heavier.
(c) He is growing long hair.
(d) He is always hungry.
5. To complete his first challenge, what does the drinkard turn himself into?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A dog.
(d) A frog.
6. After meeting Drums, Song, and Dance, what does the drinkard do for five days?
(a) He eats.
(b) He pays the tambourine.
(c) He dances.
(d) He sleeps.
7. What happens when the woman gets off the bullfrog?
(a) Her necklace breaks.
(b) Her scarf starts to choke her.
(c) The cowrie starts screaming.
(d) She disappears.
8. What color are the creatures the drinkard meets in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
9. When does "half-bodied baby" finally come down from the drinkard?
(a) When he want to learn how to walk.
(b) When he gets a big steak.
(c) When he meets Drums, Song, and Dance.
(d) When they run into the white creatures.
10. What is the bed in Death's house made of?
(a) Human bones.
(b) Human hair.
11. The protagonist's siblings were all hard workers, but the protagonist was ____________________.
(a) A hermit who read books all day.
(b) Occupied with drinking palm-wine.
(c) Bedridden from a rare disease.
(d) Too young to help with work.
12. What happens to the woman's thumb?
(a) It shrivels into a raisin.
(b) It turns green.
(c) It is cut off by Skull.
(d) It swells up and a baby is born from it.
13. Who figures out how to help the woman eat and speak again?
(a) Her father.
(c) The complete gentleman.
(d) The drinkard.
14. Why is the terrible animal mad?
(a) The drinkard shot him accidentally.
(b) The drinkard has sentenced him to death.
(c) The drinkard killed him in another life.
(d) The drinkard has not sacrificed to him.
15. What does "Zurrjir" mean?
(a) Born from a thumb.
(b) A son who would change himself into another thing soon.
(c) Insatiable appetite.
(d) Father of gods who could do everthing in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the drinkard and his wife stay by the river for a whole month?
2. How do the drinkard and his wife escape the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town"?
3. Why does the drinkard turn himself into a bird?
4. Who dies in the fire that the drinkard starts?
5. What does the drinkard change the woman into as they escape from Skull?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)