|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the drinkard turn himself into a bird?
(a) It was an accident.
(b) Because his wife was also turned into a bird.
(c) So he can disguise himself.
(d) So he can fly over dangerous roads.
2. What does the protagonist bring with him on his journey?
(a) A sack of money.
(b) A magic stone.
3. What does the drinkard use to transform himself to escape the creatures, in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) A special leaf.
(b) His father's charm.
(c) His juju.
4. Why does the drinkard cut down a tree when he and his wife reach the river?
(a) He carves it into a paddle.
(b) He carves it into a boat.
(c) He makes his wife a wooden doll.
(d) He carves it into weapons.
5. What was notable about the the protagonist's father?
(a) His father had one leg.
(b) His father lived to be 106 years old.
(c) His father was the richest man in their town.
(d) His father had 13 children.
6. What does the drinkard light on fire?
(a) A palm-wine tree.
(b) Skull's hole.
(c) The building where Zurrjir sleeps.
(d) The town hall.
7. Who do the townspeople want to exile?
(b) The woman.
(c) The complete gentleman.
(d) The drinkard.
8. What is the Termite House actually?
(a) A market.
(b) A library.
(c) A tree trunk.
(d) An ant farm.
9. Why do the drinkard and his wife stay by the river for a whole month?
(a) They are waiting for the rainy season to end.
(b) They have good friends.
(c) They are making and saving up money.
(d) They are under a spell.
10. Who figures out how to help the woman eat and speak again?
(a) The complete gentleman.
(b) Her father.
(c) The drinkard.
11. Before entering the white tree, what do the drinkard and his wife do?
(a) They sell their deaths and loan out their fears.
(b) They dance by a fire for thirteen days.
(c) They kill a creature because they are hungry.
(d) They gather leaves to make medicine.
12. What is NOT true about the specific creature the drinkard describes in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) He has one eye.
(b) He is a quarter of a mile long
(c) He is six feet in diameter.
(d) He has four hands.
13. Why do the attendants bring an eagle?
(a) To kill it and eat it.
(b) Because it sings a special song.
(c) To take out the eyes of the drinkard and his wife.
(d) To ride on it to the next town.
14. What does the protagonist do when he finds the tapster dead?
(a) He sobs for three days.
(b) He runs away in fear.
(c) He brings the body back to town to bury it.
(d) He climbs a palm tree to tap palm-wine.
15. Zurrjir is described as a "wonderful" child because ________.
(a) If one hundred men tried to fight him, he is so strong he would just flog them away.
(b) He has the special power to creat palm-wine out of water.
(c) If there were a famine, he would travel miles to find and bring back food for his family.
(d) He helps out in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true about the "highway men"?
2. Why does the drinkard cry when he first sees the complete gentleman?
3. Where does the "half-bodied baby" appear?
4. How do the drinkard and his wife escape the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town"?
5. What happens when the children of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" try to nail the heads of the drinkard and his wife?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)