|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman witness as she follows the "complete" gentleman into the forest?
(a) The complete gentleman shrinks into a tiny complete gentleman.
(b) The complete gentleman returns his body parts to the owner he had rented them from.
(c) A family of skeletons pays him to "lend them a hand."
(d) A curious creature kidnaps the complete gentleman.
2. What is the drinkard's financial situation when he meets Drums, Song, and Dance?
(a) He is financially stable.
(b) He is penniless.
(c) It is not specified.
(d) He is very rich.
3. What are the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
(a) They do things backwards and incorrectly.
(b) They all have three eyes.
(c) They are well versed in philosophy.
(d) They are sweet and pleasant.
4. The "half-bodied baby" commands his mother to _________.
(a) Carry him on her head.
(b) Carry him on her shoulders.
(c) Carry him in her arms.
(d) Carry him on her back.
5. When his parents do not listen to him, "half-bodied baby" commands that they _________.
(a) Be blinded and unable to breathe.
(b) Be unable to eat or breathe.
(c) Be blinded and silenced.
(d) Be silenced and unable to breathe.
6. Why is the terrible animal mad?
(a) The drinkard has not sacrificed to him.
(b) The drinkard killed him in another life.
(c) The drinkard shot him accidentally.
(d) The drinkard has sentenced him to death.
7. What does the drinkard change himself into to follow the complete gentleman?
(a) A bullfrog.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A woman.
8. What is true about the "highway men"?
(a) They are very short.
(b) They charge tolls.
(c) They are all red.
(d) They come in gangs.
9. What important question does the king of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" ask the drinkard and his wife?
(a) "How long will you stay here?"
(b) "Are you gods?"
(c) "Where is my sister?"
(d) "Where did you come from?"
10. What does the protagonist do when he finds the tapster dead?
(a) He climbs a palm tree to tap palm-wine.
(b) He runs away in fear.
(c) He brings the body back to town to bury it.
(d) He sobs for three days.
11. What does the drinkard turn himself into after they get to the river and cut down a tree?
(a) A train.
(b) A wheel.
(c) A truck.
(d) A ferry.
12. Who is Zurrjir?
(a) The complete gentleman.
(b) Skull's brother.
(c) The woman's father.
(d) The drinkard's son.
13. What color are the creatures the drinkard meets in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
14. Where does the "half-bodied baby" appear?
(a) Out of a bush.
(b) On the road.
(c) From the ashes.
(d) From a tree.
15. Where is Death when the drinkard reaches his house?
(a) In his yam garden.
(b) On the roof.
(c) In his house.
(d) By the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the bush described that the drinkard and his wife next travel through?
2. What is NOT true about the "complete" gentleman?
3. Who gave the drinkard the juju he uses to turn himself into a large bird?
4. Why does the drinkard turn himself into a bird?
5. Why won't the people of Wraith Island leave with the drinkard and his wife?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)