|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bed in Death's house made of?
(c) Human hair.
(d) Human bones.
2. What is the drinkard's financial situation when he meets Drums, Song, and Dance?
(a) He is penniless.
(b) He is financially stable.
(c) He is very rich.
(d) It is not specified.
3. What does the woman's father finally tell the drinkard?
(a) That he can marry the woman.
(b) Who died in the fire.
(c) Where he can find the tapster.
(d) That he is also the drinkard's father.
4. What does the old man (a god) give the drinkard to catch Death?
(a) A spear.
(b) A black bag.
(c) A net.
(d) Some garlic.
5. Why does the man with eyes in back of his knees chase the drinkard and his wife?
(a) They stole his cowrie, which had fallen on the ground.
(b) They took a cola from the image of a basket.
(c) They made fun of his odd body.
(d) They knew each other from the drinkard's home town.
6. What happens when the woman gets off the bullfrog?
(a) She disappears.
(b) Her scarf starts to choke her.
(c) Her necklace breaks.
(d) The cowrie starts screaming.
7. About how much does "half-bodied baby" weight by the time the drinkard starts carrying him?
(b) 2,800 lbs.
(c) 280 lbs.
(d) 28 lbs.
8. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) Hot water.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A fire.
9. What does this character do in return for being forgotten by the king?
(a) He goes staight to the king to complain.
(b) He undoes all the work everyone else had done in the field.
(c) He leaves Wraith Island.
(d) He clears the field himself to get some attention.
10. While living in Wraith Island, what is the drinkard's profession?
11. What does the woman, who is held captive by Skull, have around her neck?
(a) A cowrie.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A necklace.
(d) Some juju.
12. When does "half-bodied baby" finally come down from the drinkard?
(a) When he meets Drums, Song, and Dance.
(b) When he want to learn how to walk.
(c) When they run into the white creatures.
(d) When he gets a big steak.
13. Why does the drinkard turn himself into a bird?
(a) So he can fly over dangerous roads.
(b) So he can disguise himself.
(c) Because his wife was also turned into a bird.
(d) It was an accident.
14. What does the drinkard use to transform himself to escape the creatures, in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) A special leaf.
(c) His juju.
(d) His father's charm.
15. What does "Zurrjir" mean?
(a) Father of gods who could do everthing in the world.
(b) A son who would change himself into another thing soon.
(c) Born from a thumb.
(d) Insatiable appetite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the drinkard cry when he first sees the complete gentleman?
2. How long ago did the tapster leave the town where the drinkard thought he'd find him?
3. What "right thing" does the old man (a god) want the drinkard to bring back from the black-smith?
4. What are the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
5. What happens when the drinkard brings Death to the old man (a god)?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)