|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Death when the drinkard reaches his house?
(a) In his house.
(b) In his yam garden.
(c) On the roof.
(d) By the river.
2. What are the people like in Wraith-Island?
(a) Very talkative.
(b) Very violent and mean.
(c) Always busy.
(d) Very nice and loving.
3. What "right thing" does the old man (a god) want the drinkard to bring back from the black-smith?
(a) A key.
(b) A bell.
(c) A candlestick.
(d) A tool.
4. Why does the man with eyes in back of his knees chase the drinkard and his wife?
(a) They made fun of his odd body.
(b) They stole his cowrie, which had fallen on the ground.
(c) They knew each other from the drinkard's home town.
(d) They took a cola from the image of a basket.
5. Who dies in the fire that the drinkard starts?
(a) The woman's father.
(b) The complete gentleman.
(c) The drinkard's son.
6. What does "Zurrjir" mean?
(a) Insatiable appetite.
(b) Born from a thumb.
(c) A son who would change himself into another thing soon.
(d) Father of gods who could do everthing in the world.
7. As a child, what was the only type of money used in the protagonist's town?
8. Which god does the king make the drinkard meet?
(a) God of Travel.
(b) God of War.
(c) God of Fertility.
(d) God of Wine.
9. How do the attendants complete the task the king assigns them, regarding the drinkard and his wife?
(a) With a flat stone and broken bottle.
(b) By hand delivering an invitation.
(c) By kidnapping them and leaving them in a valley far away.
(d) By threatening them with a stick.
10. What does Skull make the woman sit on?
(a) A mushroom.
(b) A bullfrog.
(c) A stool.
(d) A rotting log.
11. What does the drinkard use to transform himself to escape the creatures, in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) His father's charm.
(b) A special leaf.
(d) His juju.
12. Whom does the drinkard and his wife meet personally the night, after meeting the king?
13. Why is the terrible animal mad?
(a) The drinkard killed him in another life.
(b) The drinkard shot him accidentally.
(c) The drinkard has sentenced him to death.
(d) The drinkard has not sacrificed to him.
14. What are the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
(a) They do things backwards and incorrectly.
(b) They are sweet and pleasant.
(c) They are well versed in philosophy.
(d) They all have three eyes.
15. What happens when the children of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" try to nail the heads of the drinkard and his wife?
(a) The children can not find hammers.
(b) The tapster saves them.
(c) The kings saves them.
(d) The eagle saves them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the drinkard brings Death to the old man (a god)?
2. How does the king try to make the drinkard and his wife talk?
3. How long ago did the tapster leave the town where the drinkard thought he'd find him?
4. After meeting Drums, Song, and Dance, what does the drinkard do for five days?
5. Why does the protagonist leave his town?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)