|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how much does "half-bodied baby" weight by the time the drinkard starts carrying him?
(a) 280 lbs.
(b) 28 lbs.
(c) 2,800 lbs.
2. How does the king try to make the drinkard and his wife talk?
(a) He has their heads shaved.
(b) He has them stabbed with a stick.
(c) He has them tickled.
(d) He has them dumped in water.
3. What is true about the "highway men"?
(a) They come in gangs.
(b) They are all red.
(c) They are very short.
(d) They charge tolls.
4. What is the protagonist's name?
(a) His name is unknown.
(c) Father of the gods who could do everything in this world.
(d) God of Palm-Wine.
5. What is NOT true about "Spirit of Prey"?
(a) He has a head like a lion's.
(b) He is as big as a hippopotamus.
(c) He has hard scales covering his body.
(d) He walks on four legs.
6. The "half-bodied baby" commands his mother to _________.
(a) Carry him in her arms.
(b) Carry him on her shoulders.
(c) Carry him on her back.
(d) Carry him on her head.
7. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(b) Hot water.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A fire.
8. What happens when the drinkard brings Death to the old man (a god)?
(a) Death kills everyone in the town.
(b) The old man and his wife both die.
(c) The old man tells the drinkard where the tapster is.
(d) The old man and his wife run away in fear.
9. What does the Termite House look like?
(a) A maze.
(b) A market place.
(c) A wooden chest.
(d) A cream colored umbrella.
10. After meeting Drums, Song, and Dance, what does the drinkard do for five days?
(a) He dances.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He pays the tambourine.
(d) He eats.
11. What happens when the drinkard and his wife do finally talk to the king?
(a) Everyone begins to laugh.
(b) The drinkard's wife cries.
(c) They find themselves speaking a different language.
(d) The king sentences them to death.
12. What does the woman, who is held captive by Skull, have around her neck?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A cowrie.
(c) Some juju.
(d) A scarf.
13. Who do the townspeople want to exile?
(a) The complete gentleman.
(c) The woman.
(d) The drinkard.
14. Why do the attendants bring an eagle?
(a) To ride on it to the next town.
(b) To kill it and eat it.
(c) To take out the eyes of the drinkard and his wife.
(d) Because it sings a special song.
15. What is NOT true about the market's owner?
(a) He has a strange moustache.
(b) He jumps instead of walks.
(c) He has no foot.
(d) His head is small like a baby's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT true about the terrible animal?
2. What does Skull make the woman sit on?
3. Who is Zurrjir?
4. To complete his first challenge, what does the drinkard turn himself into?
5. What does the protagonist do when he finds the tapster dead?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)