|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "right thing" does the old man (a god) want the drinkard to bring back from the black-smith?
(a) A candlestick.
(b) A bell.
(c) A tool.
(d) A key.
2. Why does the drinkard turn himself into a bird?
(a) It was an accident.
(b) Because his wife was also turned into a bird.
(c) So he can disguise himself.
(d) So he can fly over dangerous roads.
3. What does the drinkard light on fire?
(a) The town hall.
(b) Skull's hole.
(c) The building where Zurrjir sleeps.
(d) A palm-wine tree.
4. To complete his first challenge, what does the drinkard turn himself into?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A dog.
(d) A frog.
5. What is the Termite House actually?
(a) A market.
(b) A library.
(c) A tree trunk.
(d) An ant farm.
6. Who is Zurrjir?
(a) Skull's brother.
(b) The complete gentleman.
(c) The woman's father.
(d) The drinkard's son.
7. About how much does "half-bodied baby" weight by the time the drinkard starts carrying him?
(a) 280 lbs.
(c) 2,800 lbs.
(d) 28 lbs.
8. Who gave the drinkard the juju he uses to turn himself into a large bird?
(a) His father.
(b) Spirit of Prey.
(c) A ghost.
(d) Water Spirt Woman.
9. The "half-bodied baby" commands his mother to _________.
(a) Carry him on her shoulders.
(b) Carry him on her head.
(c) Carry him in her arms.
(d) Carry him on her back.
10. What does wife forget in the ashes?
(a) Her ring.
(b) Her gold trinket.
(c) A photo album.
(d) Her silver pendant.
11. What is the drinkard's financial situation when he meets Drums, Song, and Dance?
(a) He is financially stable.
(b) It is not specified.
(c) He is very rich.
(d) He is penniless.
12. Why is the terrible animal mad?
(a) The drinkard has sentenced him to death.
(b) The drinkard shot him accidentally.
(c) The drinkard killed him in another life.
(d) The drinkard has not sacrificed to him.
13. How do the attendants complete the task the king assigns them, regarding the drinkard and his wife?
(a) By kidnapping them and leaving them in a valley far away.
(b) With a flat stone and broken bottle.
(c) By threatening them with a stick.
(d) By hand delivering an invitation.
14. How does the king try to make the drinkard and his wife talk?
(a) He has their heads shaved.
(b) He has them stabbed with a stick.
(c) He has them tickled.
(d) He has them dumped in water.
15. What does the old man (a god) give the drinkard to catch Death?
(a) A spear.
(b) Some garlic.
(c) A black bag.
(d) A net.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the drinkard and his wife meet personally the night, after meeting the king?
2. How does "Spirit of Prey" kill his prey?
3. Who does the woman marry?
4. What does the woman's father finally tell the drinkard?
5. Which description is NOT true about "half-bodied baby"?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)