Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "right thing" does the old man (a god) want the drinkard to bring back from the black-smith?
(a) A tool.
(b) A bell.
(c) A key.
(d) A candlestick.
2. What is the bed in Death's house made of?
(b) Human hair.
(c) Human bones.
3. Why does the man with eyes in back of his knees chase the drinkard and his wife?
(a) They took a cola from the image of a basket.
(b) They made fun of his odd body.
(c) They stole his cowrie, which had fallen on the ground.
(d) They knew each other from the drinkard's home town.
4. About how much does "half-bodied baby" weight by the time the drinkard starts carrying him?
(a) 28 lbs.
(b) 2,800 lbs.
(c) 280 lbs.
5. What happens when the woman gets off the bullfrog?
(a) She disappears.
(b) Her necklace breaks.
(c) The cowrie starts screaming.
(d) Her scarf starts to choke her.
6. What did Zurrjir love to do?
7. What does the woman witness as she follows the "complete" gentleman into the forest?
(a) A curious creature kidnaps the complete gentleman.
(b) The complete gentleman returns his body parts to the owner he had rented them from.
(c) A family of skeletons pays him to "lend them a hand."
(d) The complete gentleman shrinks into a tiny complete gentleman.
8. Zurrjir is described as a "wonderful" child because ________.
(a) If there were a famine, he would travel miles to find and bring back food for his family.
(b) He helps out in the kitchen.
(c) He has the special power to creat palm-wine out of water.
(d) If one hundred men tried to fight him, he is so strong he would just flog them away.
9. What does Skull make the woman sit on?
(a) A stool.
(b) A rotting log.
(c) A mushroom.
(d) A bullfrog.
10. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) Hot water.
(b) A fire.
(c) A tornado.
11. What does the drinkard change himself into to follow the complete gentleman?
(a) A woman.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A bullfrog.
12. Whom does the drinkard and his wife meet personally the night, after meeting the king?
13. When does "half-bodied baby" finally come down from the drinkard?
(a) When he want to learn how to walk.
(b) When they run into the white creatures.
(c) When he gets a big steak.
(d) When he meets Drums, Song, and Dance.
14. Where does the "half-bodied baby" appear?
(a) Out of a bush.
(b) From a tree.
(c) On the road.
(d) From the ashes.
15. What is true about the "highway men"?
(a) They charge tolls.
(b) They are all red.
(c) They come in gangs.
(d) They are very short.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Termite House actually?
2. While living in Wraith Island, what is the drinkard's profession?
3. What is the protagonist's name?
4. What are the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
5. What does the drinkard turn himself into after they get to the river and cut down a tree?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)