|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Zurrjir" mean?
(a) Born from a thumb.
(b) A son who would change himself into another thing soon.
(c) Insatiable appetite.
(d) Father of gods who could do everthing in the world.
2. What are the people like in Wraith-Island?
(a) Very nice and loving.
(b) Always busy.
(c) Very violent and mean.
(d) Very talkative.
3. Why does the drinkard cry when he first sees the complete gentleman?
(a) He is jealous that the complete gentleman has palm-wine.
(b) He cries tears of joy because the complete gentleman is a long lost friend.
(c) He is jealous of the complete gentleman's beauty.
(d) He is upset that the complete gentleman was holding a woman captive.
4. Why do the attendants bring an eagle?
(a) Because it sings a special song.
(b) To ride on it to the next town.
(c) To kill it and eat it.
(d) To take out the eyes of the drinkard and his wife.
5. What does this character do in return for being forgotten by the king?
(a) He goes staight to the king to complain.
(b) He undoes all the work everyone else had done in the field.
(c) He leaves Wraith Island.
(d) He clears the field himself to get some attention.
6. What is the protagonist's name?
(b) God of Palm-Wine.
(c) His name is unknown.
(d) Father of the gods who could do everything in this world.
7. Where is Death when the drinkard reaches his house?
(a) In his yam garden.
(b) By the river.
(c) In his house.
(d) On the roof.
8. What important question does the king of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" ask the drinkard and his wife?
(a) "Are you gods?"
(b) "How long will you stay here?"
(c) "Where is my sister?"
(d) "Where did you come from?"
9. Who does the king of Wraith Island forget to chose to help clear the fields?
(a) A transparent spirit.
(b) A tiny creature.
(c) His cousin.
(d) An witch.
10. What is NOT true about the market's owner?
(a) His head is small like a baby's.
(b) He has no foot.
(c) He has a strange moustache.
(d) He jumps instead of walks.
11. How do the drinkard and his wife escape the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town"?
(a) They fly away on the eagle.
(b) They sneak away at night
(c) They create a flood with their juju.
(d) They burn down the town.
12. Who gave the drinkard the juju he uses to turn himself into a large bird?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Water Spirt Woman.
(c) Spirit of Prey.
(d) His father.
13. Who dies in the fire that the drinkard starts?
(b) The drinkard's son.
(c) The woman's father.
(d) The complete gentleman.
14. What does wife forget in the ashes?
(a) A photo album.
(b) Her ring.
(c) Her silver pendant.
(d) Her gold trinket.
15. How long ago did the tapster leave the town where the drinkard thought he'd find him?
(a) 10 hours ago.
(b) 10 years ago.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) 2 days ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT true about the terrible animal?
2. About how much does "half-bodied baby" weight by the time the drinkard starts carrying him?
3. Why won't the people of Wraith Island leave with the drinkard and his wife?
4. When does "half-bodied baby" finally come down from the drinkard?
5. While living in Wraith Island, what is the drinkard's profession?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)