|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting Drums, Song, and Dance, what does the drinkard do for five days?
(a) He pays the tambourine.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He dances.
(d) He eats.
2. What does this character do in return for being forgotten by the king?
(a) He clears the field himself to get some attention.
(b) He undoes all the work everyone else had done in the field.
(c) He leaves Wraith Island.
(d) He goes staight to the king to complain.
3. Why won't the people of Wraith Island leave with the drinkard and his wife?
(a) It is prohibited for them to cross their border.
(b) They are too weak too travel.
(c) They have a festival coming up.
(d) They do not like the drinkard and his wife.
4. Who gave the drinkard the juju he uses to turn himself into a large bird?
(a) His father.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Spirit of Prey.
(d) Water Spirt Woman.
5. What is NOT true about the market's owner?
(a) He has no foot.
(b) His head is small like a baby's.
(c) He jumps instead of walks.
(d) He has a strange moustache.
6. What is the bed in Death's house made of?
(b) Human hair.
(d) Human bones.
7. What does Skull make the woman sit on?
(a) A bullfrog.
(b) A rotting log.
(c) A mushroom.
(d) A stool.
8. Why does the drinkard cry when he first sees the complete gentleman?
(a) He is jealous that the complete gentleman has palm-wine.
(b) He cries tears of joy because the complete gentleman is a long lost friend.
(c) He is jealous of the complete gentleman's beauty.
(d) He is upset that the complete gentleman was holding a woman captive.
9. What happens when the drinkard brings Death to the old man (a god)?
(a) Death kills everyone in the town.
(b) The old man and his wife both die.
(c) The old man and his wife run away in fear.
(d) The old man tells the drinkard where the tapster is.
10. How do the attendants complete the task the king assigns them, regarding the drinkard and his wife?
(a) By kidnapping them and leaving them in a valley far away.
(b) With a flat stone and broken bottle.
(c) By hand delivering an invitation.
(d) By threatening them with a stick.
11. Who is Zurrjir?
(a) Skull's brother.
(b) The drinkard's son.
(c) The woman's father.
(d) The complete gentleman.
12. What does the woman, who is held captive by Skull, have around her neck?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A cowrie.
(c) Some juju.
(d) A necklace.
13. In the second town where the drinkard goes, a man says he will tell the drinkard where the tapster is if he ______.
(a) Kills the curious creature who killed his crops.
(b) Returns the man's daughter who was captured by a curious creature.
(c) Goes to the market and learn how to become a "complete" gentleman.
(d) Marries the man's daughter.
14. What is NOT true about the "complete" gentleman?
(a) He is beautiful.
(b) He wears expensive clothes.
(c) He is short.
(d) He could be sold for at least two thousand pounds.
15. The "half-bodied baby" commands his mother to _________.
(a) Carry him on her back.
(b) Carry him in her arms.
(c) Carry him on her shoulders.
(d) Carry him on her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the drinkard light on fire?
2. How does "Spirit of Prey" kill his prey?
3. What do the creatures do when the drinkard transforms himself in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
4. What does wife forget in the ashes?
5. What is NOT true about the terrible animal?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)