|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the townspeople want to exile?
(a) The drinkard.
(b) The complete gentleman.
(d) The woman.
2. The protagonist's siblings were all hard workers, but the protagonist was ____________________.
(a) A hermit who read books all day.
(b) Occupied with drinking palm-wine.
(c) Too young to help with work.
(d) Bedridden from a rare disease.
3. What does wife forget in the ashes?
(a) Her ring.
(b) Her gold trinket.
(c) A photo album.
(d) Her silver pendant.
4. What are the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
(a) They do things backwards and incorrectly.
(b) They all have three eyes.
(c) They are sweet and pleasant.
(d) They are well versed in philosophy.
5. What are the people like in Wraith-Island?
(a) Always busy.
(b) Very violent and mean.
(c) Very talkative.
(d) Very nice and loving.
6. The "half-bodied baby" commands his mother to _________.
(a) Carry him on her shoulders.
(b) Carry him in her arms.
(c) Carry him on her head.
(d) Carry him on her back.
7. What "right thing" does the old man (a god) want the drinkard to bring back from the black-smith?
(a) A candlestick.
(b) A bell.
(c) A tool.
(d) A key.
8. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(b) A fire.
(c) A tornado.
(d) Hot water.
9. What are the houses in "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
(a) They are three stories.
(b) They are thatched with grass.
(c) They are underground.
(d) They have one room.
10. After meeting Drums, Song, and Dance, what does the drinkard do for five days?
(a) He pays the tambourine.
(b) He eats.
(c) He sleeps.
(d) He dances.
11. Who does the king of Wraith Island forget to chose to help clear the fields?
(a) His cousin.
(b) A tiny creature.
(c) A transparent spirit.
(d) An witch.
12. Zurrjir is described as a "wonderful" child because ________.
(a) He has the special power to creat palm-wine out of water.
(b) If one hundred men tried to fight him, he is so strong he would just flog them away.
(c) If there were a famine, he would travel miles to find and bring back food for his family.
(d) He helps out in the kitchen.
13. What does the terrible animal give the drinkard?
(a) A heavy weapon.
(b) Poisonous fruit.
(c) A book.
(d) Magic seeds.
14. What happens when the woman gets off the bullfrog?
(a) The cowrie starts screaming.
(b) Her scarf starts to choke her.
(c) Her necklace breaks.
(d) She disappears.
15. How do the attendants complete the task the king assigns them, regarding the drinkard and his wife?
(a) With a flat stone and broken bottle.
(b) By threatening them with a stick.
(c) By kidnapping them and leaving them in a valley far away.
(d) By hand delivering an invitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. While living in Wraith Island, what is the drinkard's profession?
2. Why won't the people of Wraith Island leave with the drinkard and his wife?
3. What does the drinkard change himself into to follow the complete gentleman?
4. What is NOT true about the market's owner?
5. Which god does the king make the drinkard meet?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)