|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how much does "half-bodied baby" weight by the time the drinkard starts carrying him?
(a) 280 lbs.
(c) 28 lbs.
(d) 2,800 lbs.
2. What does the king command his attendants to do to the drinkard and his wife?
(a) Shave their heads.
(b) Invite them for tea.
(c) Put them in jail.
(d) Banish them.
3. What does the terrible animal give the drinkard?
(a) A heavy weapon.
(b) Poisonous fruit.
(c) A book.
(d) Magic seeds.
4. Why is the terrible animal mad?
(a) The drinkard has not sacrificed to him.
(b) The drinkard has sentenced him to death.
(c) The drinkard killed him in another life.
(d) The drinkard shot him accidentally.
5. Why do the attendants bring an eagle?
(a) To ride on it to the next town.
(b) To take out the eyes of the drinkard and his wife.
(c) To kill it and eat it.
(d) Because it sings a special song.
6. What are the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
(a) They are sweet and pleasant.
(b) They do things backwards and incorrectly.
(c) They are well versed in philosophy.
(d) They all have three eyes.
7. Who does the king of Wraith Island forget to chose to help clear the fields?
(a) His cousin.
(b) A transparent spirit.
(c) An witch.
(d) A tiny creature.
8. Who is Zurrjir?
(a) The drinkard's son.
(b) Skull's brother.
(c) The complete gentleman.
(d) The woman's father.
9. What is the Termite House actually?
(a) An ant farm.
(b) A library.
(c) A tree trunk.
(d) A market.
10. Before entering the white tree, what do the drinkard and his wife do?
(a) They sell their deaths and loan out their fears.
(b) They kill a creature because they are hungry.
(c) They dance by a fire for thirteen days.
(d) They gather leaves to make medicine.
11. What is true about the "highway men"?
(a) They come in gangs.
(b) They are very short.
(c) They are all red.
(d) They charge tolls.
12. What is NOT true about the "complete" gentleman?
(a) He wears expensive clothes.
(b) He is beautiful.
(c) He is short.
(d) He could be sold for at least two thousand pounds.
13. Where does the "half-bodied baby" appear?
(a) From a tree.
(b) Out of a bush.
(c) From the ashes.
(d) On the road.
14. Why does the protagonist leave his town?
(a) He follows the woman he wants to marry.
(b) He is exiled by his family.
(c) There is a famine and he is hungry.
(d) He leaves in search of the dead tapster.
15. Who do the townspeople want to exile?
(a) The complete gentleman.
(c) The woman.
(d) The drinkard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the drinkard and his wife escape the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town"?
2. After meeting Drums, Song, and Dance, what does the drinkard do for five days?
3. What is NOT true about "Spirit of Prey"?
4. Why does the drinkard cry when he first sees the complete gentleman?
5. Why does the drinkard cut down a tree when he and his wife reach the river?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)