|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who figures out how to help the woman eat and speak again?
(a) Her father.
(b) The complete gentleman.
(c) The drinkard.
2. What does the protagonist do when he finds the tapster dead?
(a) He climbs a palm tree to tap palm-wine.
(b) He runs away in fear.
(c) He sobs for three days.
(d) He brings the body back to town to bury it.
3. In the second town where the drinkard goes, a man says he will tell the drinkard where the tapster is if he ______.
(a) Marries the man's daughter.
(b) Kills the curious creature who killed his crops.
(c) Returns the man's daughter who was captured by a curious creature.
(d) Goes to the market and learn how to become a "complete" gentleman.
4. What are the houses in "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
(a) They are underground.
(b) They are thatched with grass.
(c) They have one room.
(d) They are three stories.
5. While living in Wraith Island, what is the drinkard's profession?
6. Who is inside the white tree?
(a) A mouse.
(b) The tapster.
(c) Oak Spirit.
7. How does "Spirit of Prey" kill his prey?
(a) He fixes his eyes on his prey and then closes them.
(b) He uses a bow and arrow.
(c) He spits on his prey.
(d) He whispers the name of his prey.
8. What is NOT true about "Spirit of Prey"?
(a) He has hard scales covering his body.
(b) He has a head like a lion's.
(c) He is as big as a hippopotamus.
(d) He walks on four legs.
9. As a child, what was the only type of money used in the protagonist's town?
10. Why does the drinkard cry when he first sees the complete gentleman?
(a) He is upset that the complete gentleman was holding a woman captive.
(b) He cries tears of joy because the complete gentleman is a long lost friend.
(c) He is jealous that the complete gentleman has palm-wine.
(d) He is jealous of the complete gentleman's beauty.
11. What do the creatures do when the drinkard transforms himself in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They run away in fear.
(c) They get closer to get warm.
(d) They touch him.
12. What happens when the woman gets off the bullfrog?
(a) The cowrie starts screaming.
(b) Her necklace breaks.
(c) She disappears.
(d) Her scarf starts to choke her.
13. What does the king command his attendants to do to the drinkard and his wife?
(a) Shave their heads.
(b) Banish them.
(c) Put them in jail.
(d) Invite them for tea.
14. Who dies in the fire that the drinkard starts?
(a) The woman's father.
(c) The drinkard's son.
(d) The complete gentleman.
15. Which god does the king make the drinkard meet?
(a) God of War.
(b) God of Travel.
(c) God of Fertility.
(d) God of Wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the children of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" try to nail the heads of the drinkard and his wife?
2. What is NOT true about the specific creature the drinkard describes in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
3. Why won't the people of Wraith Island leave with the drinkard and his wife?
4. Where does Skull live?
5. The protagonist's siblings were all hard workers, but the protagonist was ____________________.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)