|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how much does "half-bodied baby" weight by the time the drinkard starts carrying him?
(a) 280 lbs.
(c) 28 lbs.
(d) 2,800 lbs.
2. How do the drinkard and his wife escape the people of "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town"?
(a) They create a flood with their juju.
(b) They fly away on the eagle.
(c) They burn down the town.
(d) They sneak away at night
3. What does the drinkard change the woman into as they escape from Skull?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A sparrow-like bird.
(c) A bullfrog.
(d) A tiny kitten.
4. What are the people like in Wraith-Island?
(a) Always busy.
(b) Very nice and loving.
(c) Very talkative.
(d) Very violent and mean.
5. The protagonist's siblings were all hard workers, but the protagonist was ____________________.
(a) A hermit who read books all day.
(b) Bedridden from a rare disease.
(c) Too young to help with work.
(d) Occupied with drinking palm-wine.
6. What are the houses in "Unreturnable-Heaven's Town" like?
(a) They are underground.
(b) They have one room.
(c) They are three stories.
(d) They are thatched with grass.
7. What does the woman witness as she follows the "complete" gentleman into the forest?
(a) A curious creature kidnaps the complete gentleman.
(b) The complete gentleman shrinks into a tiny complete gentleman.
(c) The complete gentleman returns his body parts to the owner he had rented them from.
(d) A family of skeletons pays him to "lend them a hand."
8. What is the bed in Death's house made of?
(b) Human bones.
(d) Human hair.
9. What is NOT true about the market's owner?
(a) He jumps instead of walks.
(b) He has a strange moustache.
(c) He has no foot.
(d) His head is small like a baby's.
10. Zurrjir is described as a "wonderful" child because ________.
(a) If one hundred men tried to fight him, he is so strong he would just flog them away.
(b) If there were a famine, he would travel miles to find and bring back food for his family.
(c) He helps out in the kitchen.
(d) He has the special power to creat palm-wine out of water.
11. Why does the protagonist leave his town?
(a) He follows the woman he wants to marry.
(b) He is exiled by his family.
(c) There is a famine and he is hungry.
(d) He leaves in search of the dead tapster.
12. Whom does the drinkard and his wife meet personally the night, after meeting the king?
13. What does the Termite House look like?
(a) A cream colored umbrella.
(b) A wooden chest.
(c) A market place.
(d) A maze.
14. What is the drinkard's financial situation when he meets Drums, Song, and Dance?
(a) He is very rich.
(b) He is penniless.
(c) It is not specified.
(d) He is financially stable.
15. What does the drinkard change himself into to follow the complete gentleman?
(a) A bullfrog.
(b) A woman.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A butterfly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does wife forget in the ashes?
2. What happens when the drinkard brings Death to the old man (a god)?
3. Where does the "half-bodied baby" appear?
4. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
5. Who is Zurrjir?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)