|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the drinkard change the woman into as they escape from Skull?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A bullfrog.
(c) A sparrow-like bird.
(d) A tiny kitten.
2. What is NOT true about the market's owner?
(a) He has a strange moustache.
(b) His head is small like a baby's.
(c) He jumps instead of walks.
(d) He has no foot.
3. Why does the man with eyes in back of his knees chase the drinkard and his wife?
(a) They stole his cowrie, which had fallen on the ground.
(b) They made fun of his odd body.
(c) They knew each other from the drinkard's home town.
(d) They took a cola from the image of a basket.
4. What must happen so the woman can eat and speak again?
(a) The scarf must be dyed red.
(b) The cowrie must be removed from her neck.
(c) The necklace must be put back together.
(d) She must consume more juju.
5. What does wife forget in the ashes?
(a) Her silver pendant.
(b) Her gold trinket.
(c) Her ring.
(d) A photo album.
6. After meeting Drums, Song, and Dance, what does the drinkard do for five days?
(a) He dances.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He pays the tambourine.
(d) He eats.
7. What does "Zurrjir" mean?
(a) Father of gods who could do everthing in the world.
(b) Insatiable appetite.
(c) A son who would change himself into another thing soon.
(d) Born from a thumb.
8. What does the terrible animal give the drinkard?
(a) A book.
(b) A heavy weapon.
(c) Magic seeds.
(d) Poisonous fruit.
9. Why is the terrible animal mad?
(a) The drinkard killed him in another life.
(b) The drinkard has not sacrificed to him.
(c) The drinkard has sentenced him to death.
(d) The drinkard shot him accidentally.
10. How is the bush described that the drinkard and his wife next travel through?
11. What does the protagonist do when he finds the tapster dead?
(a) He climbs a palm tree to tap palm-wine.
(b) He brings the body back to town to bury it.
(c) He runs away in fear.
(d) He sobs for three days.
12. What did Zurrjir love to do?
13. Why do the drinkard and his wife stay by the river for a whole month?
(a) They are making and saving up money.
(b) They are under a spell.
(c) They are waiting for the rainy season to end.
(d) They have good friends.
14. Why does the drinkard cut down a tree when he and his wife reach the river?
(a) He carves it into weapons.
(b) He makes his wife a wooden doll.
(c) He carves it into a boat.
(d) He carves it into a paddle.
15. What is NOT true about "Spirit of Prey"?
(a) He is as big as a hippopotamus.
(b) He has hard scales covering his body.
(c) He walks on four legs.
(d) He has a head like a lion's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the woman's thumb?
2. What happens when the woman gets off the bullfrog?
3. Who is the terrible animal?
4. What is NOT true about the terrible animal?
5. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)