|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, what was the only type of money used in the protagonist's town?
2. What is the Termite House actually?
(a) A market.
(b) An ant farm.
(c) A library.
(d) A tree trunk.
3. Why does the drinkard cry when he first sees the complete gentleman?
(a) He is jealous of the complete gentleman's beauty.
(b) He is jealous that the complete gentleman has palm-wine.
(c) He cries tears of joy because the complete gentleman is a long lost friend.
(d) He is upset that the complete gentleman was holding a woman captive.
4. Who does the king of Wraith Island forget to chose to help clear the fields?
(a) A tiny creature.
(b) An witch.
(c) A transparent spirit.
(d) His cousin.
5. How do the drinkard and his wife end up in the white tree?
(a) They enter through the back door.
(b) The tree's hands grab them and bring them in.
(c) They fall through a hole into another world.
(d) They climb the tree, then fall through a shoot.
6. What does the drinkard turn himself into after they get to the river and cut down a tree?
(a) A ferry.
(b) A train.
(c) A wheel.
(d) A truck.
7. What does the woman's father finally tell the drinkard?
(a) That he is also the drinkard's father.
(b) Where he can find the tapster.
(c) Who died in the fire.
(d) That he can marry the woman.
8. What happens to the woman's thumb?
(a) It is cut off by Skull.
(b) It shrivels into a raisin.
(c) It swells up and a baby is born from it.
(d) It turns green.
9. What does the drinkard change the woman into as they escape from Skull?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A tiny kitten.
(c) A bullfrog.
(d) A sparrow-like bird.
10. Who dies in the fire that the drinkard starts?
(a) The drinkard's son.
(b) The complete gentleman.
(c) The woman's father.
11. What does the drinkard light on fire?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The building where Zurrjir sleeps.
(c) Skull's hole.
(d) A palm-wine tree.
12. Whom does the drinkard and his wife meet personally the night, after meeting the king?
13. The "half-bodied baby" commands his mother to _________.
(a) Carry him on her head.
(b) Carry him in her arms.
(c) Carry him on her shoulders.
(d) Carry him on her back.
14. What is the bed in Death's house made of?
(a) Human hair.
(d) Human bones.
15. What is NOT true about the "complete" gentleman?
(a) He could be sold for at least two thousand pounds.
(b) He wears expensive clothes.
(c) He is short.
(d) He is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who figures out how to help the woman eat and speak again?
2. Why does the drinkard cut down a tree when he and his wife reach the river?
3. What does the woman, who is held captive by Skull, have around her neck?
4. How does "Spirit of Prey" kill his prey?
5. What happens when the drinkard and his wife do finally talk to the king?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)