|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 293-302.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT true about the "complete" gentleman?
(a) He is beautiful.
(b) He is short.
(c) He wears expensive clothes.
(d) He could be sold for at least two thousand pounds.
2. Why is the drinkard kicked out of "Dead's Town"?
(a) He is too loud.
(b) He falls and bleeds.
(c) He is too dangerous.
(d) He refuses to follow the rules.
3. How do the drinkard and his wife get more money?
(a) They create money with their juju.
(b) They beg Faithful-Mother for money.
(c) They start another ferry business.
(d) They take their fear back and collect the interest.
4. What "natural disaster" has killed millions of people?
(a) A plague.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A famine.
(d) A flood.
5. From the second case the drinkard tries, what did the third wife do when her husband died unexpectedly?
(a) She went in search of a wizard.
(b) She did nothing.
(c) She stayed and guarded the dead husband's body.
(d) She died with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the drinkard turn himself into to escape the creatures in "No road--out to travel from bust to bush to the Dead's town"?
2. When his parents do not listen to him, "half-bodied baby" commands that they _________.
3. What does the drinkard turn his wife into to escape from the "mountain-creatures"?
4. Who figures out how to help the drinkard heal more quickly after he is beat up by the giant?
5. As a child, what was the only type of money used in the protagonist's town?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)