• The protagonist, whose name is "Father of gods who could do anything in this world," is so good at drinking massive quantities of palm-wine that his father assigns him the job of drinking wine and hires an expert palm-wine tapster.
• The father dies, and soon after the tapster dies too. The drinkard is unable to live without sufficient amounts of palm-wine, so he sets out to find the dead tapster.
• In the first town the drinkard visits, he meets a man (a god) who says he will tell the drinkard where the tapster is if the drinkard lives ups to his name and proves that he "could do anything in the world."
• The drinkard completes the tasks assigned to him (including capturing Death with a net).
• This scares the the man, who runs away.
• The drinkard moves on to another town where a man knows...
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)