|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Manshardt have with the IRS?
(a) File clerk.
(b) Supervising agent.
(c) Childcare worker.
(d) Group manager.
2. In Chapter 24, what does David notice as he walks through the IRS REC building?
(a) Leaky pipes.
(b) Outdated equipment.
(c) Broken light bulbs.
(d) Locked doors.
3. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
(a) He asks Cusk where to go.
(b) He reads a map.
(c) David doesn't know where to go.
(d) He follows a woman with his name on a card.
4. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
(a) Penalty fines.
(b) Government grants.
(d) Late taxes.
5. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
(a) His wife.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
2. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
3. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
4. What IRS hiring event takes place in Chapter 27?
5. In Chapter 27, what amount of returns are said to be possible audits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sylvanshine talk to Reynolds over the phone in Chapter 30?
2. In Chapter 27, what surprises Cusk when he returns from his break?
3. How do IRS workers know of the phantoms?
4. What are IRS phantoms?
5. What concerns Lane Dean Jr. most about the work he does in Chapter 33?
6. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
7. What is the relationship between the Peoria REC and Martinsburg?
8. How does David's father's arm get stuck in the train?
9. In Chapter 22, what details does David give to explain his parents' divorce?
10. In Chapter 27, why is the word "profitable" not used officially?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)