|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
(a) He doesn't want to miss the train.
(b) He isn't in a rush to catch the train.
(c) He is nervous about being away from home.
(d) He wants to avoid David's mother.
2. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
3. What do the agents at Peoria REC call the product of Martinsburg?
(a) A file.
(b) A card.
(c) A problem.
(d) A case.
4. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
(a) Tries to take a nap.
(b) Dries off with paper towels.
(c) Falls down the stairs.
(d) Tries to escape the IRS meeting.
5. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(a) No one.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Blumquist died?
2. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
3. What does Chapter 34 consist of?
4. In Chapter 30, what stands out most to Sylvanshine about Glendenning?
5. In Chapter 32, what does the IRS examiner ask someone to do over the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David feel he wasted his youth in Chapter 22?
2. How does David feel while Ms. Neti-Neti leads him into the IRS REC?
3. Why is Lehrl's office so important to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
4. What is Chapter 25 about?
5. In Chapter 27, what reason is given for possibly not conducting an audit?
6. What task is the narrator given by Gary Manshardt in Chapter 35?
7. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
8. What are IRS phantoms?
9. In Chapter 27, what worries Cusk most about his training?
10. How does David describe the van ride after he is hired by the IRS?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)