|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
2. What happens when David sits next to Cusk on the IRS van?
(a) They are crammed closed together.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) He falls off the seat.
(d) Cusk opens the window.
3. In Chapter 22, why does David go to Libertyville with his father?
(a) To visit his mother.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To go shopping.
(d) To look at a school.
4. In Chapter 32, what does the IRS examiner ask someone to do over the phone?
(a) Explain a problem.
(c) Tell a joke.
(d) An impersonation.
5. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
(b) "Full of issues".
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
2. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
3. How are IRS performance quotas described in Chapter 27?
4. What does David say happened to his mother in 1971?
5. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 33, how does Lane Dean Jr. perform his work?
2. In Chapter 22, why does David take a long time getting to the train?
3. What are IRS phantoms?
4. In Chapter 27, what reason is given for possibly not conducting an audit?
5. In Chapter 22, what details does David give to explain his parents' divorce?
6. What happens with the lawsuits that follow David's father's death?
7. What concerns Lane Dean Jr. most about the work he does in Chapter 33?
8. Why doesn't David exit the van in Chapter 24 with the other people?
9. How do the IRS employees entertain themselves in Chapter 32?
10. How does David's father's arm get stuck in the train?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)