|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are IRS performance quotas described in Chapter 27?
(a) As being quick to change.
(b) As being unofficial.
(c) As not existing.
(d) As being official.
2. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
(a) He seems to understand it.
(b) He does not understand it.
(c) He starts to dislike it.
(d) He wants to become a trainer.
3. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
4. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
(b) Late taxes.
(c) Government grants.
(d) Penalty fines.
5. Why does David's father's arm get stuck in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) No one knows.
(b) Because of a malfunction with the train.
(c) Because David's father moves too slow.
(d) Because David's father won't remove his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
2. In Chapter 22, what does David say was his drug of choice when he was younger?
3. Why does David feel confused in Chapter 27?
4. In Chapter 26, which is the oldest phantom?
5. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chapter 25 about?
2. What concerns Lane Dean Jr. most about the work he does in Chapter 33?
3. In Chapter 27, what reason is given for possibly not conducting an audit?
4. What is the relationship between the Peoria REC and Martinsburg?
5. In Chapter 27, what worries Cusk most about his training?
6. In Chapter 33, how does Lane Dean Jr. perform his work?
7. How do IRS workers know of the phantoms?
8. How do the IRS employees entertain themselves in Chapter 32?
9. In Chapter 22, what reason does David give for going to the IRS for a job?
10. Why does David feel he wasted his youth in Chapter 22?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)