|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what do the people wait for?
(a) The work day to end.
(b) A phone call from the IRS.
(c) Glendenning to arrive.
(d) A ride to the IRS office.
2. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
(a) David is awarded money from the head of public transportation.
(b) There are a series of lawsuits.
(c) The newspaper calls to interview David.
(d) David is unable to ride trains.
3. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
(a) Highly technical jobs.
(b) Paper processing jobs.
(c) Jobs relating to people.
(d) Create new forms.
4. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
(c) "Full of issues".
5. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
(a) Push carts.
(b) Punch cards.
(c) Wall computers.
(d) Adding machines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes in Chapter 25?
2. How does Sylvanshine first talk to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
3. What does David first talk about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. Who are the main characters of Chapter 31?
5. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what details does David give to explain his parents' divorce?
2. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
3. Why is Lehrl's office so important to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
4. Why does David feel he wasted his youth in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 22, why does David take a long time getting to the train?
6. In Chapter 27, why is the word "profitable" not used officially?
7. What concerns Lane Dean Jr. most about the work he does in Chapter 33?
8. Why doesn't David exit the van in Chapter 24 with the other people?
9. In Chapter 27, what surprises Cusk when he returns from his break?
10. How does David feel while Ms. Neti-Neti leads him into the IRS REC?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)