|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Manshardt have with the IRS?
(a) Childcare worker.
(b) File clerk.
(c) Supervising agent.
(d) Group manager.
2. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
(b) His mother worked for the IRS.
(c) His father was an accountant.
(d) His family was audited twice.
3. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
(a) Running from the police.
(b) Local politics.
(c) College hazing.
(d) Healthy eating.
4. In Chapter 27, where does Cusk sit?
(a) Next to a window.
(b) Near the exit.
(c) At the front of the room.
(d) Along the side wall.
5. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
(a) Push carts.
(b) Adding machines.
(c) Punch cards.
(d) Wall computers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
2. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
3. Why does David present information about his childhood in Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 26, which is the oldest phantom?
5. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chapter 25 about?
2. What is the relationship between the Peoria REC and Martinsburg?
3. What concerns Lane Dean Jr. most about the work he does in Chapter 33?
4. What task is the narrator given by Gary Manshardt in Chapter 35?
5. What happens with the lawsuits that follow David's father's death?
6. What are IRS phantoms?
7. In Chapter 27, what surprises Cusk when he returns from his break?
8. Why does David feel he wasted his youth in Chapter 22?
9. In Chapter 33, how does Lane Dean Jr. perform his work?
10. Why does Sylvanshine talk to Reynolds over the phone in Chapter 30?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)