|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David's father put his arm in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) To let someone get off the train.
(b) It is an accident.
(c) Because he is angry.
(d) To hold it open for David.
2. In Chapter 27, where does Cusk sit?
(a) At the front of the room.
(b) Along the side wall.
(c) Near the exit.
(d) Next to a window.
3. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
(a) A secret service agent.
(b) A woman.
4. How much time passes in Chapter 25?
(a) About an hour.
(b) About a day.
(c) A few hours.
(d) It is unclear how much time passes.
5. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
2. What form does the narrator of Chapter 22 claim to use?
3. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
4. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
5. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns Lane Dean Jr. most about the work he does in Chapter 33?
2. In Chapter 22, why does David take a long time getting to the train?
3. Why doesn't David exit the van in Chapter 24 with the other people?
4. Why is Lehrl's office so important to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
5. What task is the narrator given by Gary Manshardt in Chapter 35?
6. In Chapter 27, why is the word "profitable" not used officially?
7. What are IRS phantoms?
8. What happens with the lawsuits that follow David's father's death?
9. How does David describe the van ride after he is hired by the IRS?
10. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)