|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cusk avoid looking at the woman who sits near him in Chapter 27?
(a) He isn't allowed to talk to anyone.
(b) He doesn't want to talk to her.
(c) He thinks he knows her.
(d) He doesn't avoid looking at the woman.
2. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Pulling away from his house.
(b) Sitting down next to Cusk.
(c) Turning onto the IRS property.
(d) Stopping for food.
3. Why does the Peoria REC rely on Martinsburg?
(a) They train Peoria's agents.
(b) They provide funding to the Peoria REC.
(c) They process Peoria's paperwork.
(d) They catch the most common tax filing errors.
4. In Chapter 31, what do the people wait for?
(a) A phone call from the IRS.
(b) The work day to end.
(c) A ride to the IRS office.
(d) Glendenning to arrive.
5. What does David first talk about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) His family tree.
(b) War history.
(c) Pop culture.
(d) Movies of the 1920s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David present information about his childhood in Chapter 22?
2. In Chapter 28, what does the narrator assume all IRS agents want?
3. How are IRS performance quotas described in Chapter 27?
4. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
5. In Chapter 32, what does the IRS examiner ask someone to do over the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what reason does David give for going to the IRS for a job?
2. In Chapter 27, what surprises Cusk when he returns from his break?
3. Why does Sylvanshine talk to Reynolds over the phone in Chapter 30?
4. What task is the narrator given by Gary Manshardt in Chapter 35?
5. How does David feel while Ms. Neti-Neti leads him into the IRS REC?
6. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
7. How do the IRS employees entertain themselves in Chapter 32?
8. What is Chapter 25 about?
9. In Chapter 22, what details does David give to explain his parents' divorce?
10. How does David describe the van ride after he is hired by the IRS?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)