|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what stands out most to Sylvanshine about Glendenning?
(a) His recent promotion.
(b) The amount of money he makes.
(c) His relationship with Lehrl.
(d) The effectiveness of his team members.
2. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
(a) Because he lacked motivation.
(b) Because he used too many drugs.
(c) Because he lived at home.
(d) Because he did not go to school.
3. In Chapter 24, what does David note about the van that picks him up?
(a) It was all black.
(b) It was a tax seizure.
(c) It was a new model.
(d) It had bullet proof windows.
4. In Chapter 32, what does the IRS examiner ask someone to do over the phone?
(a) An impersonation.
(c) Tell a joke.
(d) Explain a problem.
5. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
2. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
3. What does David first talk about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. What does the narrator say Cusk is avoiding in Chapter 27?
5. What year do David's parents divorce?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do IRS workers know of the phantoms?
2. How does David feel while Ms. Neti-Neti leads him into the IRS REC?
3. In Chapter 27, why is the word "profitable" not used officially?
4. In Chapter 22, what reason does David give for going to the IRS for a job?
5. Why does Sylvanshine talk to Reynolds over the phone in Chapter 30?
6. Why doesn't David exit the van in Chapter 24 with the other people?
7. How does David's father's arm get stuck in the train?
8. What is Chapter 25 about?
9. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
10. How do the IRS employees entertain themselves in Chapter 32?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)