|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
(a) Jobs relating to people.
(b) Create new forms.
(c) Paper processing jobs.
(d) Highly technical jobs.
2. In Chapter 22, what does David say was his drug of choice when he was younger?
(b) Prescription drugs.
(d) Chemical stimulants.
3. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
(a) Manshardt's humming.
(b) The stare of an infant.
(c) A woman's footsteps.
(d) The ticking of a clock.
4. In Chapter 27, what amount of returns are said to be possible audits?
(a) More than 2 percent.
(b) Less than 1 percent.
(c) 1 and a half percent.
(d) About 1 percent.
5. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say happened to his mother in 1971?
2. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
3. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
4. Why does David feel confused in Chapter 27?
5. In Chapter 31, what do the people wait for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David take a long time getting to the train?
2. How do IRS workers know of the phantoms?
3. Why does Sylvanshine talk to Reynolds over the phone in Chapter 30?
4. In Chapter 22, what details does David give to explain his parents' divorce?
5. In Chapter 27, why is the word "profitable" not used officially?
6. How do the IRS employees entertain themselves in Chapter 32?
7. In Chapter 27, what surprises Cusk when he returns from his break?
8. What concerns Lane Dean Jr. most about the work he does in Chapter 33?
9. Why does David feel he wasted his youth in Chapter 22?
10. What is the relationship between the Peoria REC and Martinsburg?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)