|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
(a) He kept changing his major.
(b) He wanted to be closer to home.
(c) He was kicked out of them.
(d) He couldn't afford them.
2. In Chapter 24, what does David note about the van that picks him up?
(a) It was all black.
(b) It had bullet proof windows.
(c) It was a tax seizure.
(d) It was a new model.
3. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
4. Why does David's father put his arm in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) To let someone get off the train.
(b) Because he is angry.
(c) To hold it open for David.
(d) It is an accident.
5. Where does David say he lived after he was hired by the IRS?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) A luxury hotel.
(c) A friend's apartment.
(d) Temporary government housing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sylvanshine describe examinations to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
2. In Chapter 30, what stands out most to Sylvanshine about Glendenning?
3. How are IRS performance quotas described in Chapter 27?
4. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
5. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 33, how does Lane Dean Jr. perform his work?
2. How do the IRS employees entertain themselves in Chapter 32?
3. Why is Lehrl's office so important to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
4. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
5. In Chapter 22, why does David take a long time getting to the train?
6. In Chapter 22, what details does David give to explain his parents' divorce?
7. In Chapter 27, why is the word "profitable" not used officially?
8. How do IRS workers know of the phantoms?
9. What happens with the lawsuits that follow David's father's death?
10. Why doesn't David exit the van in Chapter 24 with the other people?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)