|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(a) His mother.
(b) No one.
(d) His father.
2. In Chapter 22, what does David say was his drug of choice when he was younger?
(b) Prescription drugs.
(c) Chemical stimulants.
3. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
4. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
(a) His boss.
(d) A phantom.
5. In Chapter 30, what stands out most to Sylvanshine about Glendenning?
(a) The effectiveness of his team members.
(b) The amount of money he makes.
(c) His recent promotion.
(d) His relationship with Lehrl.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
2. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
3. What does Chapter 25 describe?
4. How are IRS performance quotas described in Chapter 27?
5. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the IRS employees entertain themselves in Chapter 32?
2. What concerns Lane Dean Jr. most about the work he does in Chapter 33?
3. In Chapter 27, why is the word "profitable" not used officially?
4. In Chapter 27, what reason is given for possibly not conducting an audit?
5. In Chapter 27, what surprises Cusk when he returns from his break?
6. In Chapter 22, why does David take a long time getting to the train?
7. What task is the narrator given by Gary Manshardt in Chapter 35?
8. Why does Sylvanshine talk to Reynolds over the phone in Chapter 30?
9. In Chapter 27, what worries Cusk most about his training?
10. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)