|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Manshardt have with the IRS?
(a) Group manager.
(b) Childcare worker.
(c) File clerk.
(d) Supervising agent.
2. In Chapter 30, how does Sylvanshine describe Lehrl's future office?
(a) By its size and color scheme.
(b) By its windows and color scheme.
(c) By its windows and location.
(d) By its size and location.
3. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
(a) He follows a woman with his name on a card.
(b) He asks Cusk where to go.
(c) He reads a map.
(d) David doesn't know where to go.
4. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
(a) The stare of an infant.
(b) Manshardt's humming.
(c) The ticking of a clock.
(d) A woman's footsteps.
5. In Chapter 28, what does the narrator assume all IRS agents want?
(a) To be loved.
(b) To advance their position.
(c) To find a new job.
(d) To make the most money on an audit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
2. How does Cusk feel when he returns from his break in Chapter 27?
3. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
4. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
5. In Chapter 22, what word does David use to describe himself in his youth?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 33, how does Lane Dean Jr. perform his work?
2. In Chapter 22, what details does David give to explain his parents' divorce?
3. What is the relationship between the Peoria REC and Martinsburg?
4. What is Chapter 25 about?
5. Why does David feel he wasted his youth in Chapter 22?
6. What task is the narrator given by Gary Manshardt in Chapter 35?
7. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
8. In Chapter 27, why is the word "profitable" not used officially?
9. What happens with the lawsuits that follow David's father's death?
10. How does David feel while Ms. Neti-Neti leads him into the IRS REC?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)