|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Blumquist died?
(a) At his desk.
(b) In the middle of an examination.
(c) At home.
(d) In a car.
2. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
(a) He is nervous about being away from home.
(b) He doesn't want to miss the train.
(c) He isn't in a rush to catch the train.
(d) He wants to avoid David's mother.
3. What does David say happened to his mother in 1971?
(a) She started working a job.
(b) She moved away from his family.
(c) She asked his father for a divorce.
(d) She had a nervous breakdown.
4. In Chapter 22, why does David go to Libertyville with his father?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To look at a school.
(c) To visit his mother.
(d) To go shopping.
5. In Chapter 24, what does David note about the van that picks him up?
(a) It was all black.
(b) It was a tax seizure.
(c) It was a new model.
(d) It had bullet proof windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
2. Why does David feel confused in Chapter 27?
3. How does Sylvanshine first talk to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
4. How does David's father die after his arm is stuck in the train in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 26, which is the oldest phantom?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David take a long time getting to the train?
2. What is the relationship between the Peoria REC and Martinsburg?
3. In Chapter 22, what details does David give to explain his parents' divorce?
4. In Chapter 27, what surprises Cusk when he returns from his break?
5. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
6. In Chapter 33, how does Lane Dean Jr. perform his work?
7. In Chapter 22, what reason does David give for going to the IRS for a job?
8. How does David feel while Ms. Neti-Neti leads him into the IRS REC?
9. In Chapter 27, what reason is given for possibly not conducting an audit?
10. In Chapter 27, what worries Cusk most about his training?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)