|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sylvanshine in Chapter 30?
(b) Somewhere in New York.
(c) It is unknown.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
(a) He does not understand it.
(b) He starts to dislike it.
(c) He wants to become a trainer.
(d) He seems to understand it.
3. What IRS hiring event takes place in Chapter 27?
(a) The background check review.
(b) The formal orientation.
(c) The reception before being sworn in.
(d) The informal orientation.
4. In Chapter 32, what does the IRS examiner ask someone to do over the phone?
(a) Tell a joke.
(b) Explain a problem.
(c) An impersonation.
5. What does the narrator say Cusk is avoiding in Chapter 27?
(a) Being called last.
(b) Falling asleep.
(c) Heat sources.
(d) Making eye contact.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, which is the oldest phantom?
2. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
3. How much time passes in Chapter 25?
4. In Chapter 27, where does Cusk sit?
5. What does David say happened to his mother in 1971?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do IRS workers know of the phantoms?
2. What concerns Lane Dean Jr. most about the work he does in Chapter 33?
3. How does David's early IRS training differ from Cusk's?
4. Why does David feel he wasted his youth in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 22, why does David take a long time getting to the train?
6. What is Chapter 25 about?
7. In Chapter 27, why is the word "profitable" not used officially?
8. In Chapter 27, what reason is given for possibly not conducting an audit?
9. How do the IRS employees entertain themselves in Chapter 32?
10. In Chapter 27, what worries Cusk most about his training?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)