|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
(a) Tries to take a nap.
(b) Tries to escape the IRS meeting.
(c) Falls down the stairs.
(d) Dries off with paper towels.
2. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
(a) From sitting in on the wrong class at college.
(b) An article in the newspaper.
(c) The advice of his mother.
(d) His father's death.
3. What role does Manshardt have with the IRS?
(a) File clerk.
(b) Supervising agent.
(c) Childcare worker.
(d) Group manager.
4. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
(a) College hazing.
(b) Running from the police.
(c) Local politics.
(d) Healthy eating.
5. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) No one.
6. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
(a) A wish.
(b) A past memory.
(c) A dream.
(d) A book.
7. Where is Sylvanshine in Chapter 30?
(a) It is unknown.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Somewhere in New York.
8. Where does Cusk run off to during a break in Chapter 27?
(a) The basement.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The parking lot.
(d) The bathroom.
9. In Chapter 27, where does Cusk sit?
(a) At the front of the room.
(b) Next to a window.
(c) Near the exit.
(d) Along the side wall.
10. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
(a) He reads a map.
(b) He asks Cusk where to go.
(c) He follows a woman with his name on a card.
(d) David doesn't know where to go.
11. What year do David's parents divorce?
12. In Chapter 22, why does David go to Libertyville with his father?
(a) To visit his mother.
(b) To go shopping.
(c) To look at a school.
(d) To take a vacation.
13. How does Lane Dean Jr. feel about his work in Chapter 33?
(a) He is content with it.
(b) He is overloaded with it.
(c) He is bored with it.
(d) He is very happy with it.
14. In Chapter 30, how does Sylvanshine describe Lehrl's future office?
(a) By its windows and color scheme.
(b) By its size and color scheme.
(c) By its size and location.
(d) By its windows and location.
15. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Trying to conform another worker.
(b) Beating someone in his office.
(c) Stealing money from a vault.
(d) Sleeping on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
2. In Chapter 27, what amount of returns are said to be possible audits?
3. In Chapter 28, what does the narrator assume all IRS agents want?
4. Why does David present information about his childhood in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)