|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what does David notice as he walks through the IRS REC building?
(a) Leaky pipes.
(b) Outdated equipment.
(c) Broken light bulbs.
(d) Locked doors.
2. Who are the main characters of Chapter 31?
(a) People interviewing for jobs with the IRS.
(b) IRS employees.
(c) People being audited by the IRS.
(d) IRS supervisors.
3. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
(a) A phantom.
(b) His boss.
4. How does Lane Dean Jr. feel about his work in Chapter 33?
(a) He is bored with it.
(b) He is overloaded with it.
(c) He is content with it.
(d) He is very happy with it.
5. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) His mother worked for the IRS.
(b) His family was audited twice.
(c) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
(d) His father was an accountant.
6. In Chapter 32, what does the IRS examiner ask someone to do over the phone?
(a) An impersonation.
(b) Tell a joke.
(c) Explain a problem.
7. In Chapter 30, what is Sylvanshine's job?
(a) Return filing.
(b) Paper organizing.
(c) Fact findings.
(d) Audit management.
8. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Turning onto the IRS property.
(b) Sitting down next to Cusk.
(c) Stopping for food.
(d) Pulling away from his house.
9. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
(a) Jobs relating to people.
(b) Paper processing jobs.
(c) Highly technical jobs.
(d) Create new forms.
10. Why does the Peoria REC rely on Martinsburg?
(a) They provide funding to the Peoria REC.
(b) They process Peoria's paperwork.
(c) They catch the most common tax filing errors.
(d) They train Peoria's agents.
11. How does Cusk feel when he returns from his break in Chapter 27?
(a) Worse than when he left.
(b) He doesn't return.
(c) Better than when he left.
(d) The same as when he left.
12. In Chapter 26, which is the oldest phantom?
13. In Chapter 30, where does Sylvanshine get the facts from that he shares with Reynolds?
(a) He tells Reynolds lies.
(b) His psychic ability.
(c) From his boss.
(d) A file he stole.
14. What does the narrator say Cusk is avoiding in Chapter 27?
(a) Heat sources.
(b) Being called last.
(c) Making eye contact.
(d) Falling asleep.
15. In Chapter 22, what word does David use to describe himself in his youth?
(a) A mess.
(b) A stoner.
(c) A fool-a-tron.
(d) A wastoid.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
2. In Chapter 31, what do the people wait for?
3. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
4. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
5. What role does Manshardt have with the IRS?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)