|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David's father put his arm in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) Because he is angry.
(b) To hold it open for David.
(c) It is an accident.
(d) To let someone get off the train.
2. Why does the Peoria REC rely on Martinsburg?
(a) They process Peoria's paperwork.
(b) They catch the most common tax filing errors.
(c) They provide funding to the Peoria REC.
(d) They train Peoria's agents.
3. Who are the main characters of Chapter 31?
(a) IRS supervisors.
(b) People interviewing for jobs with the IRS.
(c) People being audited by the IRS.
(d) IRS employees.
4. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
(a) He seems to understand it.
(b) He does not understand it.
(c) He starts to dislike it.
(d) He wants to become a trainer.
5. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Pulling away from his house.
(b) Turning onto the IRS property.
(c) Sitting down next to Cusk.
(d) Stopping for food.
6. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His cousin.
7. What happens when David sits next to Cusk on the IRS van?
(a) They are crammed closed together.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) Cusk opens the window.
(d) He falls off the seat.
8. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Stealing money from a vault.
(b) Trying to conform another worker.
(c) Beating someone in his office.
(d) Sleeping on the floor.
9. In Chapter 27, where does Cusk sit?
(a) Near the exit.
(b) Next to a window.
(c) At the front of the room.
(d) Along the side wall.
10. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
(a) He wants to avoid David's mother.
(b) He isn't in a rush to catch the train.
(c) He is nervous about being away from home.
(d) He doesn't want to miss the train.
11. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
12. What does David say happened to his mother in 1971?
(a) She asked his father for a divorce.
(b) She moved away from his family.
(c) She started working a job.
(d) She had a nervous breakdown.
13. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
(a) David doesn't know where to go.
(b) He asks Cusk where to go.
(c) He follows a woman with his name on a card.
(d) He reads a map.
14. What does the narrator say Cusk is avoiding in Chapter 27?
(a) Being called last.
(b) Falling asleep.
(c) Heat sources.
(d) Making eye contact.
15. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
(b) "Full of issues".
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what do the people wait for?
2. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
3. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
4. How does David's father die after his arm is stuck in the train in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 22, what does David say was his drug of choice when he was younger?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)