|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What IRS hiring event takes place in Chapter 27?
(a) The informal orientation.
(b) The formal orientation.
(c) The background check review.
(d) The reception before being sworn in.
2. In Chapter 22, why does David go to Libertyville with his father?
(a) To visit his mother.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To look at a school.
(d) To go shopping.
3. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(a) No one.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
4. In Chapter 27, what amount of returns are said to be possible audits?
(a) About 1 percent.
(b) Less than 1 percent.
(c) More than 2 percent.
(d) 1 and a half percent.
5. Why does Cusk avoid looking at the woman who sits near him in Chapter 27?
(a) He doesn't want to talk to her.
(b) He isn't allowed to talk to anyone.
(c) He thinks he knows her.
(d) He doesn't avoid looking at the woman.
6. Why does David's father's arm get stuck in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) Because David's father moves too slow.
(b) Because of a malfunction with the train.
(c) Because David's father won't remove his arm.
(d) No one knows.
7. Where does Cusk run off to during a break in Chapter 27?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The basement.
(c) The hallway.
(d) The parking lot.
8. In Chapter 24, what does David notice as he walks through the IRS REC building?
(a) Broken light bulbs.
(b) Locked doors.
(c) Leaky pipes.
(d) Outdated equipment.
9. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
(a) Local politics.
(b) Healthy eating.
(c) College hazing.
(d) Running from the police.
10. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
(a) He does not understand it.
(b) He seems to understand it.
(c) He starts to dislike it.
(d) He wants to become a trainer.
11. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Stealing money from a vault.
(b) Beating someone in his office.
(c) Sleeping on the floor.
(d) Trying to conform another worker.
12. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) His mother worked for the IRS.
(b) His family was audited twice.
(c) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
(d) His father was an accountant.
13. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
(c) A woman.
(d) A secret service agent.
14. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
(a) Create new forms.
(b) Highly technical jobs.
(c) Jobs relating to people.
(d) Paper processing jobs.
15. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
(a) Because he lived at home.
(b) Because he used too many drugs.
(c) Because he lacked motivation.
(d) Because he did not go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
2. What does the narrator say Cusk is avoiding in Chapter 27?
3. In Chapter 22, what word does David use to describe himself in his youth?
4. How does Cusk feel when he returns from his break in Chapter 27?
5. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)