|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
2. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
3. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
(a) Create new forms.
(b) Highly technical jobs.
(c) Paper processing jobs.
(d) Jobs relating to people.
4. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
(a) Punch cards.
(b) Push carts.
(c) Adding machines.
(d) Wall computers.
5. How does Lane Dean Jr. feel about his work in Chapter 33?
(a) He is overloaded with it.
(b) He is content with it.
(c) He is bored with it.
(d) He is very happy with it.
6. In Chapter 24, what does David note about the van that picks him up?
(a) It was a new model.
(b) It was all black.
(c) It was a tax seizure.
(d) It had bullet proof windows.
7. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Turning onto the IRS property.
(b) Stopping for food.
(c) Pulling away from his house.
(d) Sitting down next to Cusk.
8. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
9. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
(a) He reads a map.
(b) He follows a woman with his name on a card.
(c) He asks Cusk where to go.
(d) David doesn't know where to go.
10. In Chapter 27, where does Cusk sit?
(a) Next to a window.
(b) Along the side wall.
(c) Near the exit.
(d) At the front of the room.
11. What does David say happened to his mother in 1971?
(a) She had a nervous breakdown.
(b) She started working a job.
(c) She asked his father for a divorce.
(d) She moved away from his family.
12. In Chapter 30, where does Sylvanshine get the facts from that he shares with Reynolds?
(a) His psychic ability.
(b) He tells Reynolds lies.
(c) From his boss.
(d) A file he stole.
13. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
(a) He wants to avoid David's mother.
(b) He isn't in a rush to catch the train.
(c) He doesn't want to miss the train.
(d) He is nervous about being away from home.
14. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
(a) There are a series of lawsuits.
(b) David is unable to ride trains.
(c) The newspaper calls to interview David.
(d) David is awarded money from the head of public transportation.
15. In Chapter 31, what do the people wait for?
(a) A ride to the IRS office.
(b) The work day to end.
(c) A phone call from the IRS.
(d) Glendenning to arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cusk run off to during a break in Chapter 27?
2. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
3. How much time passes in Chapter 25?
4. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
5. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)