|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
(a) David doesn't know where to go.
(b) He asks Cusk where to go.
(c) He follows a woman with his name on a card.
(d) He reads a map.
2. Why does Cusk avoid looking at the woman who sits near him in Chapter 27?
(a) He doesn't want to talk to her.
(b) He doesn't avoid looking at the woman.
(c) He thinks he knows her.
(d) He isn't allowed to talk to anyone.
3. What happens when David sits next to Cusk on the IRS van?
(a) They ignore each other.
(b) He falls off the seat.
(c) They are crammed closed together.
(d) Cusk opens the window.
4. Where is Sylvanshine in Chapter 30?
(a) Somewhere in New York.
(b) It is unknown.
(c) Washington, D.C.
5. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
6. In Chapter 30, how does Sylvanshine describe Lehrl's future office?
(a) By its windows and color scheme.
(b) By its windows and location.
(c) By its size and color scheme.
(d) By its size and location.
7. In Chapter 22, what word does David use to describe himself in his youth?
(a) A stoner.
(b) A mess.
(c) A wastoid.
(d) A fool-a-tron.
8. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
9. In Chapter 22, what does David say was his drug of choice when he was younger?
(a) Prescription drugs.
(c) Chemical stimulants.
10. Where does the narrator say Blumquist died?
(a) In a car.
(b) At his desk.
(c) At home.
(d) In the middle of an examination.
11. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
(a) An IRS vault.
(b) An examination room.
(c) A civilian home.
(d) A state capitol.
12. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
(a) His boss.
(b) A phantom.
13. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
(a) Government grants.
(b) Late taxes.
(c) Penalty fines.
14. In Chapter 24, what does David notice as he walks through the IRS REC building?
(a) Broken light bulbs.
(b) Leaky pipes.
(c) Outdated equipment.
(d) Locked doors.
15. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Turning onto the IRS property.
(b) Pulling away from his house.
(c) Sitting down next to Cusk.
(d) Stopping for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
2. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
3. How much time passes in Chapter 25?
4. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
5. Where does Cusk run off to during a break in Chapter 27?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)