|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
(a) A woman.
(c) A secret service agent.
2. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Trying to conform another worker.
(b) Beating someone in his office.
(c) Sleeping on the floor.
(d) Stealing money from a vault.
3. Where is Sylvanshine in Chapter 30?
(a) Somewhere in New York.
(b) It is unknown.
(c) Washington, D.C.
4. What IRS hiring event takes place in Chapter 27?
(a) The background check review.
(b) The reception before being sworn in.
(c) The informal orientation.
(d) The formal orientation.
5. What do the agents at Peoria REC call the product of Martinsburg?
(a) A file.
(b) A case.
(c) A card.
(d) A problem.
6. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
(a) A wish.
(b) A past memory.
(c) A dream.
(d) A book.
7. What does David first talk about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Movies of the 1920s.
(b) War history.
(c) Pop culture.
(d) His family tree.
8. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
(a) The advice of his mother.
(b) His father's death.
(c) From sitting in on the wrong class at college.
(d) An article in the newspaper.
9. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
(a) An IRS vault.
(b) A civilian home.
(c) A state capitol.
(d) An examination room.
10. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
(a) He asks Cusk where to go.
(b) He reads a map.
(c) He follows a woman with his name on a card.
(d) David doesn't know where to go.
11. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
12. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(b) No one.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
13. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Pulling away from his house.
(b) Stopping for food.
(c) Sitting down next to Cusk.
(d) Turning onto the IRS property.
14. How does Cusk feel when he returns from his break in Chapter 27?
(a) Worse than when he left.
(b) The same as when he left.
(c) Better than when he left.
(d) He doesn't return.
15. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
(a) He couldn't afford them.
(b) He kept changing his major.
(c) He was kicked out of them.
(d) He wanted to be closer to home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
2. What year do David's parents divorce?
3. How does Lane Dean Jr. feel about his work in Chapter 33?
4. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
5. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)