|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
(b) A secret service agent.
(c) A woman.
2. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) His family was audited twice.
(b) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
(c) His mother worked for the IRS.
(d) His father was an accountant.
3. In Chapter 24, what does David note about the van that picks him up?
(a) It was a new model.
(b) It had bullet proof windows.
(c) It was all black.
(d) It was a tax seizure.
4. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
(a) His boss.
(b) A phantom.
5. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
(a) Government grants.
(b) Penalty fines.
(d) Late taxes.
6. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
7. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
(a) A woman's footsteps.
(b) Manshardt's humming.
(c) The ticking of a clock.
(d) The stare of an infant.
8. How does Lane Dean Jr. feel about his work in Chapter 33?
(a) He is overloaded with it.
(b) He is very happy with it.
(c) He is content with it.
(d) He is bored with it.
9. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
(a) There are a series of lawsuits.
(b) David is unable to ride trains.
(c) The newspaper calls to interview David.
(d) David is awarded money from the head of public transportation.
10. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
(a) A book.
(b) A dream.
(c) A wish.
(d) A past memory.
11. How does Cusk feel when he returns from his break in Chapter 27?
(a) He doesn't return.
(b) Worse than when he left.
(c) The same as when he left.
(d) Better than when he left.
12. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
(a) Push carts.
(b) Punch cards.
(c) Wall computers.
(d) Adding machines.
13. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
(a) From sitting in on the wrong class at college.
(b) His father's death.
(c) The advice of his mother.
(d) An article in the newspaper.
14. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
15. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Cusk is avoiding in Chapter 27?
2. What does Chapter 25 describe?
3. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
4. What happens when David sits next to Cusk on the IRS van?
5. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)