|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
(a) Because he used too many drugs.
(b) Because he lived at home.
(c) Because he did not go to school.
(d) Because he lacked motivation.
2. In Chapter 24, what does David notice as he walks through the IRS REC building?
(a) Locked doors.
(b) Outdated equipment.
(c) Leaky pipes.
(d) Broken light bulbs.
3. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
(a) From sitting in on the wrong class at college.
(b) The advice of his mother.
(c) An article in the newspaper.
(d) His father's death.
4. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
5. What form does the narrator of Chapter 22 claim to use?
(a) Historical fiction.
(b) Rhyming poetry.
6. What does David say happened to his mother in 1971?
(a) She asked his father for a divorce.
(b) She had a nervous breakdown.
(c) She moved away from his family.
(d) She started working a job.
7. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
(b) His mother worked for the IRS.
(c) His family was audited twice.
(d) His father was an accountant.
8. In Chapter 30, how does Sylvanshine describe Lehrl's future office?
(a) By its size and location.
(b) By its windows and location.
(c) By its windows and color scheme.
(d) By its size and color scheme.
9. In Chapter 30, what is Sylvanshine's job?
(a) Fact findings.
(b) Audit management.
(c) Return filing.
(d) Paper organizing.
10. How does David's father die after his arm is stuck in the train in Chapter 22?
(a) From blood poisoning in his arm.
(b) From his arm bleeding.
(c) From being dragged by the train.
(d) From hitting the wall of a train tunnel.
11. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
(a) Local politics.
(b) Healthy eating.
(c) College hazing.
(d) Running from the police.
12. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
(a) David is awarded money from the head of public transportation.
(b) The newspaper calls to interview David.
(c) There are a series of lawsuits.
(d) David is unable to ride trains.
13. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
(a) His boss.
(d) A phantom.
14. How are IRS performance quotas described in Chapter 27?
(a) As being quick to change.
(b) As being official.
(c) As being unofficial.
(d) As not existing.
15. In Chapter 28, what does the narrator assume all IRS agents want?
(a) To find a new job.
(b) To be loved.
(c) To advance their position.
(d) To make the most money on an audit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cusk avoid looking at the woman who sits near him in Chapter 27?
2. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
3. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
4. How does Sylvanshine first talk to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
5. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)