|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
(b) His boss.
(c) A phantom.
2. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
3. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
(a) He reads a map.
(b) He follows a woman with his name on a card.
(c) He asks Cusk where to go.
(d) David doesn't know where to go.
4. Why does David feel confused in Chapter 27?
(a) He gets lost in the hallway.
(b) He is sitting in the wrong room.
(c) He doesn't understand his training.
(d) He thinks he is overqualified for his training.
5. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
(a) Adding machines.
(b) Push carts.
(c) Punch cards.
(d) Wall computers.
6. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
(a) A past memory.
(b) A wish.
(c) A book.
(d) A dream.
7. What year do David's parents divorce?
8. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(a) His mother.
(b) No one.
(d) His father.
9. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
(a) There are a series of lawsuits.
(b) David is unable to ride trains.
(c) The newspaper calls to interview David.
(d) David is awarded money from the head of public transportation.
10. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) His father was an accountant.
(b) His mother worked for the IRS.
(c) His family was audited twice.
(d) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
11. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
12. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
(a) He does not understand it.
(b) He starts to dislike it.
(c) He wants to become a trainer.
(d) He seems to understand it.
13. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
(a) He wanted to be closer to home.
(b) He kept changing his major.
(c) He couldn't afford them.
(d) He was kicked out of them.
14. How does Lane Dean Jr. feel about his work in Chapter 33?
(a) He is overloaded with it.
(b) He is bored with it.
(c) He is very happy with it.
(d) He is content with it.
15. What do the agents at Peoria REC call the product of Martinsburg?
(a) A card.
(b) A case.
(c) A file.
(d) A problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what amount of returns are said to be possible audits?
2. In Chapter 30, how does Sylvanshine describe Lehrl's future office?
3. Where does David say he lived after he was hired by the IRS?
4. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
5. How are IRS performance quotas described in Chapter 27?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)