|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what amount of returns are said to be possible audits?
(a) 1 and a half percent.
(b) About 1 percent.
(c) Less than 1 percent.
(d) More than 2 percent.
2. How does Sylvanshine first talk to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
(a) Over the phone.
(b) In a letter.
(c) Face to face.
(d) Through an interpreter.
3. What does Chapter 34 consist of?
(a) IRS return codes.
(b) IRS form numbers.
(c) IRS penalties.
(d) IRS formulas.
4. In Chapter 26, which is the oldest phantom?
5. How does David's father die after his arm is stuck in the train in Chapter 22?
(a) From being dragged by the train.
(b) From hitting the wall of a train tunnel.
(c) From blood poisoning in his arm.
(d) From his arm bleeding.
6. Why does David present information about his childhood in Chapter 22?
(a) To explain why he is who is he is today.
(b) He doesn't give a reason.
(c) Because he says someone asked him.
(d) To explain his relationship with his father.
7. Where does the narrator say Blumquist died?
(a) At his desk.
(b) At home.
(c) In a car.
(d) In the middle of an examination.
8. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
(a) Because he lacked motivation.
(b) Because he did not go to school.
(c) Because he lived at home.
(d) Because he used too many drugs.
9. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
(b) "Full of issues".
10. What IRS hiring event takes place in Chapter 27?
(a) The informal orientation.
(b) The background check review.
(c) The formal orientation.
(d) The reception before being sworn in.
11. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
(a) Push carts.
(b) Adding machines.
(c) Punch cards.
(d) Wall computers.
12. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Turning onto the IRS property.
(b) Sitting down next to Cusk.
(c) Stopping for food.
(d) Pulling away from his house.
13. In Chapter 30, what stands out most to Sylvanshine about Glendenning?
(a) The effectiveness of his team members.
(b) His relationship with Lehrl.
(c) The amount of money he makes.
(d) His recent promotion.
14. In Chapter 31, what do the people wait for?
(a) The work day to end.
(b) Glendenning to arrive.
(c) A phone call from the IRS.
(d) A ride to the IRS office.
15. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
(a) He does not understand it.
(b) He seems to understand it.
(c) He starts to dislike it.
(d) He wants to become a trainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, where does Sylvanshine get the facts from that he shares with Reynolds?
2. In Chapter 24, what does David notice as he walks through the IRS REC building?
3. In Chapter 30, what is Sylvanshine's job?
4. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
5. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)