|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
2. Who are the main characters of Chapter 31?
(a) IRS supervisors.
(b) IRS employees.
(c) People interviewing for jobs with the IRS.
(d) People being audited by the IRS.
3. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
(a) There are a series of lawsuits.
(b) The newspaper calls to interview David.
(c) David is unable to ride trains.
(d) David is awarded money from the head of public transportation.
4. What form does the narrator of Chapter 22 claim to use?
(a) Rhyming poetry.
(c) Historical fiction.
5. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
6. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
(a) "Full of issues".
7. What does Chapter 25 describe?
(a) The pay scale for government employees.
(b) The weather.
(c) The roles people play.
(d) The items in the room.
8. Why does Cusk avoid looking at the woman who sits near him in Chapter 27?
(a) He doesn't want to talk to her.
(b) He doesn't avoid looking at the woman.
(c) He isn't allowed to talk to anyone.
(d) He thinks he knows her.
9. What happens when David sits next to Cusk on the IRS van?
(a) They ignore each other.
(b) He falls off the seat.
(c) Cusk opens the window.
(d) They are crammed closed together.
10. How are IRS performance quotas described in Chapter 27?
(a) As being unofficial.
(b) As not existing.
(c) As being official.
(d) As being quick to change.
11. In Chapter 32, what does the IRS examiner ask someone to do over the phone?
(a) An impersonation.
(b) Tell a joke.
(d) Explain a problem.
12. In Chapter 28, what does the narrator assume all IRS agents want?
(a) To advance their position.
(b) To find a new job.
(c) To be loved.
(d) To make the most money on an audit.
13. In Chapter 30, what is Sylvanshine's job?
(a) Paper organizing.
(b) Return filing.
(c) Fact findings.
(d) Audit management.
14. In Chapter 26, which is the oldest phantom?
15. Where does David say he lived after he was hired by the IRS?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) Temporary government housing.
(c) A luxury hotel.
(d) A friend's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
2. What does David first talk about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
3. In Chapter 22, why does David go to Libertyville with his father?
4. Why does David's father put his arm in the train door in Chapter 22?
5. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)