|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
(b) A woman.
(c) A secret service agent.
2. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
(a) A book.
(b) A past memory.
(c) A wish.
(d) A dream.
3. In Chapter 24, what does David note about the van that picks him up?
(a) It was a tax seizure.
(b) It was a new model.
(c) It was all black.
(d) It had bullet proof windows.
4. What form does the narrator of Chapter 22 claim to use?
(b) Rhyming poetry.
(d) Historical fiction.
5. How does Lane Dean Jr. feel about his work in Chapter 33?
(a) He is bored with it.
(b) He is content with it.
(c) He is very happy with it.
(d) He is overloaded with it.
6. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) His mother worked for the IRS.
(b) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
(c) His father was an accountant.
(d) His family was audited twice.
7. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(a) No one.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
8. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
(a) An IRS vault.
(b) An examination room.
(c) A civilian home.
(d) A state capitol.
9. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
(a) Local politics.
(b) Running from the police.
(c) College hazing.
(d) Healthy eating.
10. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
(a) His father's death.
(b) The advice of his mother.
(c) From sitting in on the wrong class at college.
(d) An article in the newspaper.
11. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
12. What does Chapter 25 describe?
(a) The items in the room.
(b) The roles people play.
(c) The weather.
(d) The pay scale for government employees.
13. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
(a) Dries off with paper towels.
(b) Tries to escape the IRS meeting.
(c) Falls down the stairs.
(d) Tries to take a nap.
14. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
15. Who are the main characters of Chapter 31?
(a) People being audited by the IRS.
(b) People interviewing for jobs with the IRS.
(c) IRS employees.
(d) IRS supervisors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David first talk about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. In Chapter 22, why does David go to Libertyville with his father?
3. Where does David say he lived after he was hired by the IRS?
4. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
5. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)