|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chapter 34 consist of?
(a) IRS return codes.
(b) IRS form numbers.
(c) IRS penalties.
(d) IRS formulas.
2. In Chapter 27, where does Cusk sit?
(a) Next to a window.
(b) At the front of the room.
(c) Near the exit.
(d) Along the side wall.
3. What does the narrator say Cusk is avoiding in Chapter 27?
(a) Making eye contact.
(b) Heat sources.
(c) Being called last.
(d) Falling asleep.
4. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
5. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
(a) Jobs relating to people.
(b) Highly technical jobs.
(c) Paper processing jobs.
(d) Create new forms.
6. In Chapter 30, where does Sylvanshine get the facts from that he shares with Reynolds?
(a) From his boss.
(b) He tells Reynolds lies.
(c) A file he stole.
(d) His psychic ability.
7. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
(a) Healthy eating.
(b) Local politics.
(c) College hazing.
(d) Running from the police.
8. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Stealing money from a vault.
(b) Sleeping on the floor.
(c) Beating someone in his office.
(d) Trying to conform another worker.
9. What year do David's parents divorce?
10. In Chapter 22, what word does David use to describe himself in his youth?
(a) A fool-a-tron.
(b) A mess.
(c) A stoner.
(d) A wastoid.
11. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
12. In Chapter 27, what amount of returns are said to be possible audits?
(a) 1 and a half percent.
(b) Less than 1 percent.
(c) About 1 percent.
(d) More than 2 percent.
13. Who are the main characters of Chapter 31?
(a) IRS supervisors.
(b) People interviewing for jobs with the IRS.
(c) IRS employees.
(d) People being audited by the IRS.
14. Why does David's father put his arm in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) To let someone get off the train.
(b) It is an accident.
(c) To hold it open for David.
(d) Because he is angry.
15. What do the agents at Peoria REC call the product of Martinsburg?
(a) A case.
(b) A card.
(c) A file.
(d) A problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
2. What does David first talk about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
3. Why does David feel confused in Chapter 27?
4. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
5. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)