|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
2. Where is Sylvanshine in Chapter 30?
(a) It is unknown.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Somewhere in New York.
3. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
(b) Penalty fines.
(c) Government grants.
(d) Late taxes.
4. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
(a) College hazing.
(b) Local politics.
(c) Running from the police.
(d) Healthy eating.
5. In Chapter 27, what amount of returns are said to be possible audits?
(a) About 1 percent.
(b) Less than 1 percent.
(c) 1 and a half percent.
(d) More than 2 percent.
6. In Chapter 27, where does Cusk sit?
(a) Along the side wall.
(b) At the front of the room.
(c) Near the exit.
(d) Next to a window.
7. How does Sylvanshine describe examinations to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
(a) The amount of time they take.
(b) The emotions that occur during them.
(c) The process that takes place.
(d) The money they create.
8. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
9. What does David first talk about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Movies of the 1920s.
(b) His family tree.
(c) War history.
(d) Pop culture.
10. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
(a) An article in the newspaper.
(b) From sitting in on the wrong class at college.
(c) His father's death.
(d) The advice of his mother.
11. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
12. In Chapter 22, what does David say was his drug of choice when he was younger?
(b) Prescription drugs.
(c) Chemical stimulants.
13. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
(a) He wants to become a trainer.
(b) He seems to understand it.
(c) He does not understand it.
(d) He starts to dislike it.
14. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
(a) An IRS vault.
(b) A state capitol.
(c) An examination room.
(d) A civilian home.
15. Why does David present information about his childhood in Chapter 22?
(a) He doesn't give a reason.
(b) To explain his relationship with his father.
(c) To explain why he is who is he is today.
(d) Because he says someone asked him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
2. In Chapter 30, where does Sylvanshine get the facts from that he shares with Reynolds?
3. In Chapter 22, why does David go to Libertyville with his father?
4. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
5. What form does the narrator of Chapter 22 claim to use?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)