|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
(a) Local politics.
(b) Running from the police.
(c) Healthy eating.
(d) College hazing.
2. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
(a) Falls down the stairs.
(b) Tries to take a nap.
(c) Dries off with paper towels.
(d) Tries to escape the IRS meeting.
3. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
4. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) His mother worked for the IRS.
(b) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
(c) His family was audited twice.
(d) His father was an accountant.
5. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Pulling away from his house.
(b) Turning onto the IRS property.
(c) Stopping for food.
(d) Sitting down next to Cusk.
6. In Chapter 32, what does the IRS examiner ask someone to do over the phone?
(a) Tell a joke.
(b) Explain a problem.
(d) An impersonation.
7. In Chapter 22, why does David go to Libertyville with his father?
(a) To look at a school.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To go shopping.
(d) To visit his mother.
8. In Chapter 22, what word does David use to describe himself in his youth?
(a) A wastoid.
(b) A fool-a-tron.
(c) A stoner.
(d) A mess.
9. In Chapter 31, what do the people wait for?
(a) A phone call from the IRS.
(b) Glendenning to arrive.
(c) The work day to end.
(d) A ride to the IRS office.
10. Why does Cusk avoid looking at the woman who sits near him in Chapter 27?
(a) He thinks he knows her.
(b) He isn't allowed to talk to anyone.
(c) He doesn't avoid looking at the woman.
(d) He doesn't want to talk to her.
11. Why does David's father's arm get stuck in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) No one knows.
(b) Because David's father won't remove his arm.
(c) Because of a malfunction with the train.
(d) Because David's father moves too slow.
12. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
(a) A secret service agent.
(b) A woman.
13. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
(a) A dream.
(b) A wish.
(c) A past memory.
(d) A book.
14. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) No one.
15. What happens when David sits next to Cusk on the IRS van?
(a) Cusk opens the window.
(b) They are crammed closed together.
(c) He falls off the seat.
(d) They ignore each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 25 describe?
2. Who are the main characters of Chapter 31?
3. Why does David's father put his arm in the train door in Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
5. In Chapter 30, what is Sylvanshine's job?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)