|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what does David note about the van that picks him up?
(a) It was a tax seizure.
(b) It was all black.
(c) It was a new model.
(d) It had bullet proof windows.
2. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
(a) Penalty fines.
(b) Government grants.
(c) Late taxes.
3. How does David know where to go at the IRS REC building in Chapter 24?
(a) David doesn't know where to go.
(b) He follows a woman with his name on a card.
(c) He reads a map.
(d) He asks Cusk where to go.
4. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
(a) Because he lacked motivation.
(b) Because he used too many drugs.
(c) Because he did not go to school.
(d) Because he lived at home.
5. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
6. In Chapter 30, what stands out most to Sylvanshine about Glendenning?
(a) His recent promotion.
(b) The amount of money he makes.
(c) His relationship with Lehrl.
(d) The effectiveness of his team members.
7. What does Chapter 25 describe?
(a) The weather.
(b) The roles people play.
(c) The items in the room.
(d) The pay scale for government employees.
8. Where does Cusk run off to during a break in Chapter 27?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The basement.
(d) The parking lot.
9. Where does David say he lived after he was hired by the IRS?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) A luxury hotel.
(c) A friend's apartment.
(d) Temporary government housing.
10. How does Sylvanshine describe examinations to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
(a) The process that takes place.
(b) The money they create.
(c) The amount of time they take.
(d) The emotions that occur during them.
11. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
(a) An examination room.
(b) An IRS vault.
(c) A civilian home.
(d) A state capitol.
12. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
(a) Highly technical jobs.
(b) Paper processing jobs.
(c) Jobs relating to people.
(d) Create new forms.
13. What IRS hiring event takes place in Chapter 27?
(a) The informal orientation.
(b) The background check review.
(c) The formal orientation.
(d) The reception before being sworn in.
14. In Chapter 30, where does Sylvanshine get the facts from that he shares with Reynolds?
(a) His psychic ability.
(b) A file he stole.
(c) From his boss.
(d) He tells Reynolds lies.
15. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
(a) Manshardt's humming.
(b) The ticking of a clock.
(c) A woman's footsteps.
(d) The stare of an infant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when David sits next to Cusk on the IRS van?
2. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
3. Why does the Peoria REC rely on Martinsburg?
4. In Chapter 24, what does David notice as he walks through the IRS REC building?
5. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)