|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Turning onto the IRS property.
(b) Pulling away from his house.
(c) Stopping for food.
(d) Sitting down next to Cusk.
2. Why does David's father put his arm in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) Because he is angry.
(b) To let someone get off the train.
(c) To hold it open for David.
(d) It is an accident.
3. Why does David feel confused in Chapter 27?
(a) He is sitting in the wrong room.
(b) He doesn't understand his training.
(c) He gets lost in the hallway.
(d) He thinks he is overqualified for his training.
4. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
(a) Because he lacked motivation.
(b) Because he lived at home.
(c) Because he used too many drugs.
(d) Because he did not go to school.
5. What role does Manshardt have with the IRS?
(a) Childcare worker.
(b) Supervising agent.
(c) File clerk.
(d) Group manager.
6. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
7. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
(a) A past memory.
(b) A wish.
(c) A dream.
(d) A book.
8. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
(b) "Full of issues".
9. Why does the Peoria REC rely on Martinsburg?
(a) They train Peoria's agents.
(b) They process Peoria's paperwork.
(c) They catch the most common tax filing errors.
(d) They provide funding to the Peoria REC.
10. In Chapter 24, what does David note about the van that picks him up?
(a) It was a new model.
(b) It was a tax seizure.
(c) It was all black.
(d) It had bullet proof windows.
11. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(a) No one.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
12. What year do David's parents divorce?
13. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
(a) Wall computers.
(b) Punch cards.
(c) Push carts.
(d) Adding machines.
14. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
(a) The ticking of a clock.
(b) Manshardt's humming.
(c) The stare of an infant.
(d) A woman's footsteps.
15. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
(a) An article in the newspaper.
(b) His father's death.
(c) The advice of his mother.
(d) From sitting in on the wrong class at college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
2. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
3. In Chapter 30, what stands out most to Sylvanshine about Glendenning?
4. In Chapter 31, what do the people wait for?
5. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)