|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what does the narrator assume all IRS agents want?
(a) To be loved.
(b) To find a new job.
(c) To advance their position.
(d) To make the most money on an audit.
2. In Chapter 32, what does the IRS examiner ask someone to do over the phone?
(a) Explain a problem.
(b) Tell a joke.
(c) An impersonation.
3. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
(b) His father was an accountant.
(c) His mother worked for the IRS.
(d) His family was audited twice.
4. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
(a) Because he did not go to school.
(b) Because he lacked motivation.
(c) Because he lived at home.
(d) Because he used too many drugs.
5. In Chapter 22, what word does David use to describe himself in his youth?
(a) A fool-a-tron.
(b) A mess.
(c) A stoner.
(d) A wastoid.
6. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
7. How does Lane Dean Jr. feel about his work in Chapter 33?
(a) He is bored with it.
(b) He is overloaded with it.
(c) He is very happy with it.
(d) He is content with it.
8. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
(b) "Full of issues".
9. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
(a) Dries off with paper towels.
(b) Falls down the stairs.
(c) Tries to escape the IRS meeting.
(d) Tries to take a nap.
10. Where does David say he lived after he was hired by the IRS?
(a) Temporary government housing.
(b) A friend's apartment.
(c) His mother's house.
(d) A luxury hotel.
11. What does the narrator say Cusk is avoiding in Chapter 27?
(a) Being called last.
(b) Falling asleep.
(c) Making eye contact.
(d) Heat sources.
12. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
(a) A woman's footsteps.
(b) Manshardt's humming.
(c) The ticking of a clock.
(d) The stare of an infant.
13. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
(b) A woman.
(d) A secret service agent.
14. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
15. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
(a) He wants to avoid David's mother.
(b) He is nervous about being away from home.
(c) He isn't in a rush to catch the train.
(d) He doesn't want to miss the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sylvanshine describe examinations to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
2. Why does David present information about his childhood in Chapter 22?
3. In Chapter 31, what do the people wait for?
4. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
5. In Chapter 27, what amount of returns are said to be possible audits?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)