|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year do David's parents divorce?
2. What does the narrator say Cusk is avoiding in Chapter 27?
(a) Falling asleep.
(b) Being called last.
(c) Making eye contact.
(d) Heat sources.
3. In Chapter 26, which is the oldest phantom?
4. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
5. Who are the main characters of Chapter 31?
(a) People interviewing for jobs with the IRS.
(b) IRS employees.
(c) People being audited by the IRS.
(d) IRS supervisors.
6. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
(a) An article in the newspaper.
(b) From sitting in on the wrong class at college.
(c) His father's death.
(d) The advice of his mother.
7. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
(a) Paper processing jobs.
(b) Create new forms.
(c) Jobs relating to people.
(d) Highly technical jobs.
8. Where does Cusk run off to during a break in Chapter 27?
(a) The hallway.
(b) The basement.
(c) The parking lot.
(d) The bathroom.
9. What does David first talk about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Pop culture.
(b) Movies of the 1920s.
(c) War history.
(d) His family tree.
10. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Stopping for food.
(b) Turning onto the IRS property.
(c) Pulling away from his house.
(d) Sitting down next to Cusk.
11. In Chapter 24, what does David notice as he walks through the IRS REC building?
(a) Leaky pipes.
(b) Broken light bulbs.
(c) Outdated equipment.
(d) Locked doors.
12. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
(a) He starts to dislike it.
(b) He seems to understand it.
(c) He wants to become a trainer.
(d) He does not understand it.
13. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
(a) Late taxes.
(b) Penalty fines.
(d) Government grants.
14. In Chapter 32, what does the IRS examiner ask someone to do over the phone?
(a) An impersonation.
(b) Explain a problem.
(c) Tell a joke.
15. Why does the Peoria REC rely on Martinsburg?
(a) They process Peoria's paperwork.
(b) They provide funding to the Peoria REC.
(c) They catch the most common tax filing errors.
(d) They train Peoria's agents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
2. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
3. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
4. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
5. What does Chapter 34 consist of?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)