|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year do David's parents divorce?
2. In Chapter 23, what does the narrator describe?
(a) A wish.
(b) A past memory.
(c) A dream.
(d) A book.
3. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
(a) Because he lacked motivation.
(b) Because he used too many drugs.
(c) Because he lived at home.
(d) Because he did not go to school.
4. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
(a) He wants to avoid David's mother.
(b) He isn't in a rush to catch the train.
(c) He is nervous about being away from home.
(d) He doesn't want to miss the train.
5. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) His father was an accountant.
(b) His family was audited twice.
(c) His mother worked for the IRS.
(d) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
6. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
7. Why does David's father put his arm in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) It is an accident.
(b) Because he is angry.
(c) To let someone get off the train.
(d) To hold it open for David.
8. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
(a) He kept changing his major.
(b) He wanted to be closer to home.
(c) He couldn't afford them.
(d) He was kicked out of them.
9. What role does Manshardt have with the IRS?
(a) Group manager.
(b) Supervising agent.
(c) File clerk.
(d) Childcare worker.
10. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
(a) Running from the police.
(b) Healthy eating.
(c) Local politics.
(d) College hazing.
11. How does David's father die after his arm is stuck in the train in Chapter 22?
(a) From blood poisoning in his arm.
(b) From hitting the wall of a train tunnel.
(c) From his arm bleeding.
(d) From being dragged by the train.
12. Where is Sylvanshine in Chapter 30?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) It is unknown.
(d) Somewhere in New York.
13. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(b) No one.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
15. In Chapter 22, what does David say was his drug of choice when he was younger?
(b) Chemical stimulants.
(c) Prescription drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cusk avoid looking at the woman who sits near him in Chapter 27?
2. How does Lane Dean Jr. feel about his work in Chapter 33?
3. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
4. What IRS hiring event takes place in Chapter 27?
5. In Chapter 22, why does David go to Libertyville with his father?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)