|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, where does most of the REC revenue come from?
(b) Penalty fines.
(c) Late taxes.
(d) Government grants.
2. In Chapter 22, what does David say was his drug of choice when he was younger?
(a) Chemical stimulants.
(b) Prescription drugs.
3. Why does Cusk avoid looking at the woman who sits near him in Chapter 27?
(a) He doesn't avoid looking at the woman.
(b) He doesn't want to talk to her.
(c) He thinks he knows her.
(d) He isn't allowed to talk to anyone.
4. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
(a) A civilian home.
(b) An IRS vault.
(c) An examination room.
(d) A state capitol.
5. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Stopping for food.
(b) Turning onto the IRS property.
(c) Sitting down next to Cusk.
(d) Pulling away from his house.
6. Why does David present information about his childhood in Chapter 22?
(a) To explain why he is who is he is today.
(b) He doesn't give a reason.
(c) Because he says someone asked him.
(d) To explain his relationship with his father.
7. In Chapter 24, who is the last person on the van once it arrives at the IRS building?
(a) A secret service agent.
(d) A woman.
8. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
(a) The stare of an infant.
(b) The ticking of a clock.
(c) Manshardt's humming.
(d) A woman's footsteps.
9. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
(a) He doesn't want to miss the train.
(b) He is nervous about being away from home.
(c) He wants to avoid David's mother.
(d) He isn't in a rush to catch the train.
10. In Chapter 31, what do the people wait for?
(a) A phone call from the IRS.
(b) Glendenning to arrive.
(c) The work day to end.
(d) A ride to the IRS office.
11. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Beating someone in his office.
(b) Sleeping on the floor.
(c) Trying to conform another worker.
(d) Stealing money from a vault.
12. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
(a) Tries to escape the IRS meeting.
(b) Dries off with paper towels.
(c) Tries to take a nap.
(d) Falls down the stairs.
13. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
(a) The advice of his mother.
(b) From sitting in on the wrong class at college.
(c) An article in the newspaper.
(d) His father's death.
14. What happens when David sits next to Cusk on the IRS van?
(a) Cusk opens the window.
(b) They are crammed closed together.
(c) He falls off the seat.
(d) They ignore each other.
15. How does Lane Dean Jr. feel about his work in Chapter 33?
(a) He is overloaded with it.
(b) He is very happy with it.
(c) He is bored with it.
(d) He is content with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what does David notice as he walks through the IRS REC building?
2. Why does the Peoria REC rely on Martinsburg?
3. Why does David's father's arm get stuck in the train door in Chapter 22?
4. What does Chapter 25 describe?
5. In Chapter 30, what stands out most to Sylvanshine about Glendenning?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)