|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
(a) His father's death.
(b) The advice of his mother.
(c) From sitting in on the wrong class at college.
(d) An article in the newspaper.
2. In Chapter 24, what does David note about the van that picks him up?
(a) It was a new model.
(b) It was all black.
(c) It had bullet proof windows.
(d) It was a tax seizure.
3. What happens when David sits next to Cusk on the IRS van?
(a) They are crammed closed together.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) He falls off the seat.
(d) Cusk opens the window.
4. What role does Manshardt have with the IRS?
(a) File clerk.
(b) Group manager.
(c) Supervising agent.
(d) Childcare worker.
5. What do the agents at Peoria REC call the product of Martinsburg?
(a) A card.
(b) A case.
(c) A file.
(d) A problem.
6. What year do David's parents divorce?
7. What is something the examiners discuss in Chapter 29?
(a) Local politics.
(b) College hazing.
(c) Running from the police.
(d) Healthy eating.
8. In Chapter 32, what does the IRS examiner ask someone to do over the phone?
(a) Tell a joke.
(b) Explain a problem.
(d) An impersonation.
9. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
10. In Chapter 30, what is Sylvanshine's job?
(a) Fact findings.
(b) Paper organizing.
(c) Audit management.
(d) Return filing.
11. In Chapter 26, which is the oldest phantom?
12. In Chapter 30, what stands out most to Sylvanshine about Glendenning?
(a) His relationship with Lehrl.
(b) His recent promotion.
(c) The amount of money he makes.
(d) The effectiveness of his team members.
13. What IRS hiring event takes place in Chapter 27?
(a) The background check review.
(b) The formal orientation.
(c) The reception before being sworn in.
(d) The informal orientation.
14. In Chapter 27, what amount of returns are said to be possible audits?
(a) More than 2 percent.
(b) 1 and a half percent.
(c) About 1 percent.
(d) Less than 1 percent.
15. How are IRS performance quotas described in Chapter 27?
(a) As not existing.
(b) As being official.
(c) As being unofficial.
(d) As being quick to change.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cusk feel when he returns from his break in Chapter 27?
2. What does David say happened to his mother in 1971?
3. What does David first talk about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. Where does David say he lived after he was hired by the IRS?
5. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)