|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
(a) He was kicked out of them.
(b) He kept changing his major.
(c) He wanted to be closer to home.
(d) He couldn't afford them.
2. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
(a) Push carts.
(b) Wall computers.
(c) Punch cards.
(d) Adding machines.
3. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(b) No one.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) His father was an accountant.
(b) His mother worked for the IRS.
(c) His family was audited twice.
(d) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
5. Why does David's father's arm get stuck in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) Because David's father moves too slow.
(b) Because David's father won't remove his arm.
(c) No one knows.
(d) Because of a malfunction with the train.
6. Where does the narrator say Blumquist died?
(a) In the middle of an examination.
(b) At home.
(c) In a car.
(d) At his desk.
7. How does David's father die after his arm is stuck in the train in Chapter 22?
(a) From being dragged by the train.
(b) From his arm bleeding.
(c) From blood poisoning in his arm.
(d) From hitting the wall of a train tunnel.
8. In Chapter 35, what worries the narrator?
(a) Manshardt's humming.
(b) The stare of an infant.
(c) The ticking of a clock.
(d) A woman's footsteps.
9. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
(b) His boss.
(d) A phantom.
10. What does the narrator say Cusk is avoiding in Chapter 27?
(a) Being called last.
(b) Heat sources.
(c) Falling asleep.
(d) Making eye contact.
11. How much time passes in Chapter 25?
(a) A few hours.
(b) It is unclear how much time passes.
(c) About a day.
(d) About an hour.
12. In Chapter 28, what does the narrator assume all IRS agents want?
(a) To advance their position.
(b) To be loved.
(c) To make the most money on an audit.
(d) To find a new job.
13. In Chapter 30, where does Sylvanshine get the facts from that he shares with Reynolds?
(a) From his boss.
(b) He tells Reynolds lies.
(c) His psychic ability.
(d) A file he stole.
14. How does Sylvanshine describe examinations to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
(a) The money they create.
(b) The amount of time they take.
(c) The process that takes place.
(d) The emotions that occur during them.
15. In Chapter 24, what does David notice as he walks through the IRS REC building?
(a) Broken light bulbs.
(b) Leaky pipes.
(c) Locked doors.
(d) Outdated equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David go to Libertyville with his father?
2. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
3. In Chapter 22, what does David say was his drug of choice when he was younger?
4. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
5. What does Chapter 34 consist of?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)