|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say happened to his mother in 1971?
(a) She had a nervous breakdown.
(b) She asked his father for a divorce.
(c) She started working a job.
(d) She moved away from his family.
2. What IRS hiring event takes place in Chapter 27?
(a) The formal orientation.
(b) The reception before being sworn in.
(c) The informal orientation.
(d) The background check review.
3. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Turning onto the IRS property.
(b) Sitting down next to Cusk.
(c) Stopping for food.
(d) Pulling away from his house.
4. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
(a) Jobs relating to people.
(b) Paper processing jobs.
(c) Highly technical jobs.
(d) Create new forms.
5. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
(a) He doesn't want to miss the train.
(b) He is nervous about being away from home.
(c) He wants to avoid David's mother.
(d) He isn't in a rush to catch the train.
6. What year do David's parents divorce?
7. In Chapter 22, why does David say he grew up knowing some tax laws?
(a) His father was an accountant.
(b) His family was audited twice.
(c) He did not grow up knowing tax laws.
(d) His mother worked for the IRS.
8. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Stealing money from a vault.
(b) Sleeping on the floor.
(c) Beating someone in his office.
(d) Trying to conform another worker.
9. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(a) His mother.
(c) No one.
(d) His father.
10. How does Sylvanshine describe examinations to Reynolds in Chapter 30?
(a) The amount of time they take.
(b) The money they create.
(c) The emotions that occur during them.
(d) The process that takes place.
11. In Chapter 26, how many phantoms are discussed?
12. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
(d) "Full of issues".
13. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
(a) He starts to dislike it.
(b) He seems to understand it.
(c) He does not understand it.
(d) He wants to become a trainer.
14. In Chapter 30, how does Sylvanshine describe Lehrl's future office?
(a) By its windows and color scheme.
(b) By its size and location.
(c) By its size and color scheme.
(d) By its windows and location.
15. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
(a) An examination room.
(b) A state capitol.
(c) An IRS vault.
(d) A civilian home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, who does the IRS examiner call?
2. In Chapter 30, who is Sylvanshine most interested in while talking with Reynolds?
3. Why does Cusk avoid looking at the woman who sits near him in Chapter 27?
4. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
5. Where is Sylvanshine in Chapter 30?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)