|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sylvanshine in Chapter 30?
(a) It is unknown.
(b) Somewhere in New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
2. What year do David's parents divorce?
3. In Chapter 23, what is the primary feelings the narrator tries to convey?
4. Where does the narrator say Blumquist died?
(a) In a car.
(b) At home.
(c) At his desk.
(d) In the middle of an examination.
5. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
(a) He doesn't want to miss the train.
(b) He isn't in a rush to catch the train.
(c) He is nervous about being away from home.
(d) He wants to avoid David's mother.
6. In Chapter 30, what is Sylvanshine's job?
(a) Audit management.
(b) Return filing.
(c) Paper organizing.
(d) Fact findings.
7. In Chapter 27, what do the officials of the Peoria REC say about the filings they look for to avoid calling them "profitable"?
(b) "Full of issues".
8. How does David's father die after his arm is stuck in the train in Chapter 22?
(a) From being dragged by the train.
(b) From blood poisoning in his arm.
(c) From his arm bleeding.
(d) From hitting the wall of a train tunnel.
9. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
(a) He couldn't afford them.
(b) He kept changing his major.
(c) He was kicked out of them.
(d) He wanted to be closer to home.
10. In Chapter 27, what amount of returns are said to be possible audits?
(a) Less than 1 percent.
(b) About 1 percent.
(c) 1 and a half percent.
(d) More than 2 percent.
11. In Chapter 27, what does Cusk do during his break?
(a) Tries to escape the IRS meeting.
(b) Dries off with paper towels.
(c) Falls down the stairs.
(d) Tries to take a nap.
12. In Chapter 24, what level does David say he was hired into the IRS as?
13. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
14. In Chapter 22, what makes David interested in tax and tax law?
(a) His father's death.
(b) From sitting in on the wrong class at college.
(c) An article in the newspaper.
(d) The advice of his mother.
15. What does Chapter 34 consist of?
(a) IRS return codes.
(b) IRS formulas.
(c) IRS form numbers.
(d) IRS penalties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chapter 25 take place?
2. In Chapter 22, why does David go to Libertyville with his father?
3. Why does Cusk avoid looking at the woman who sits near him in Chapter 27?
4. In Chapter 24, what does David note about the van that picks him up?
5. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)