|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, why does David say he switched colleges often?
(a) He was kicked out of them.
(b) He kept changing his major.
(c) He couldn't afford them.
(d) He wanted to be closer to home.
2. In Chapter 22, who does David blame his parents' divorce on?
(a) No one.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. In Chapter 30, what example of outdated material does Sylvanshine talk about with Reynolds?
(a) Punch cards.
(b) Push carts.
(c) Adding machines.
(d) Wall computers.
4. What emotional reaction does the narrator say is not associated with phantoms in Chapter 26?
5. In Chapter 22, what happens after David's father's death?
(a) David is unable to ride trains.
(b) There are a series of lawsuits.
(c) The newspaper calls to interview David.
(d) David is awarded money from the head of public transportation.
6. What happens when David sits next to Cusk on the IRS van?
(a) They are crammed closed together.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) Cusk opens the window.
(d) He falls off the seat.
7. Why is David's father in a rush to leave Libertyville in Chapter 22?
(a) He is nervous about being away from home.
(b) He wants to avoid David's mother.
(c) He isn't in a rush to catch the train.
(d) He doesn't want to miss the train.
8. In Chapter 24, what part of David's van ride does he describe the most?
(a) Sitting down next to Cusk.
(b) Turning onto the IRS property.
(c) Stopping for food.
(d) Pulling away from his house.
9. Why does David's father put his arm in the train door in Chapter 22?
(a) To hold it open for David.
(b) It is an accident.
(c) Because he is angry.
(d) To let someone get off the train.
10. Why does the Peoria REC rely on Martinsburg?
(a) They process Peoria's paperwork.
(b) They provide funding to the Peoria REC.
(c) They catch the most common tax filing errors.
(d) They train Peoria's agents.
11. How does David's father die after his arm is stuck in the train in Chapter 22?
(a) From his arm bleeding.
(b) From hitting the wall of a train tunnel.
(c) From blood poisoning in his arm.
(d) From being dragged by the train.
12. At the end of Cusk's training in Chapter 27, how does Cusk respond to the training?
(a) He seems to understand it.
(b) He does not understand it.
(c) He starts to dislike it.
(d) He wants to become a trainer.
13. Who interrupts Lane Dean's work in Chapter 33?
(c) A phantom.
(d) His boss.
14. What does David see Stecyk do at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Beating someone in his office.
(b) Stealing money from a vault.
(c) Sleeping on the floor.
(d) Trying to conform another worker.
15. In Chapter 27, where does Cusk sit?
(a) Next to a window.
(b) Near the exit.
(c) Along the side wall.
(d) At the front of the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the agents at Peoria REC call the product of Martinsburg?
2. In Chapter 27, what is David trained to do?
3. Why does David feel he did not live fully in his youth in Chapter 22?
4. Why does David's father's arm get stuck in the train door in Chapter 22?
5. Where does the narrator say Blumquist died?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)