|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stecyk's neighbors react to him in Chapter 12?
(a) They run away from him.
(b) They are pleased.
(c) They are annoyed.
(d) They laugh at him.
2. In Chapter 5, how do other people react to the man?
(a) They are confused by him.
(b) They love him.
(c) They dislike him.
(d) They tolerate him.
3. In Chapter 19, how are the speakers identified?
(a) By job title.
(b) By full name.
(c) Most of them are not identified.
(d) By social security number.
4. What does RECs stand for?
(a) Regional Exploratory Centers.
(b) Random Evaluations Centers.
(c) Risk and Evaluations Centers.
(d) Regional Examination Centers.
5. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
6. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the genre of this novel?
(a) That it will remind the reader of nonfiction.
(b) That it closely resembles a memoir.
(c) That it is literary fiction.
(d) That it is historical fiction.
7. How does Lowtis feel in Chapter 20?
8. Why does Stecyk appear trustworthy in Chapter 12?
(a) He doesn't appear trusthworthy.
(b) He has legitimate materials from the post office.
(c) He is wearing a suit.
(d) His father is with him.
9. In Chapter 14, how are Stecyk's interviews described by the IRS?
(a) Information gathering.
(b) Public relations.
10. In Chapter 13, what part of the character's body is not affected by the sweat attacks?
(a) No part is unaffected.
(b) His hair.
(c) His back.
(d) His feet.
11. In Chapter 7, who gets on a the minibus?
12. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author question?
(a) The hidden motivations of people.
(b) The secrecy of men.
(c) The role of government.
(d) The presence of silence.
13. What feeling does the author add to Mr. Glendenning's quote in Chapter 9?
14. In Chapter 13, what does the author suggest causes the sweat attacks?
(c) Worry about his love life.
(d) Thinking about sweat attacks.
15. Why is Lane outside of the office in Chapter 16?
(a) He is in the office.
(b) He is going to court.
(c) It is a lunch break.
(d) It is a weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author present the quoted interviews in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 10, who justifies the role of large organizations?
3. In Chapter 8, who does the girl run away with?
4. In the beginning Chapter 6, how old is Dean?
5. In Chapter 19, what is one main reason given for the problems of America?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)