|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what rank do the prebriefer's have?
2. In Chapter 21, what does the interviewer seem most interested in?
(a) Collecting money.
(b) Getting out of work early.
(c) Upholding tax law.
(d) Making a new friend.
3. In Chapter 14, what is the IRS revealed to have been in the past?
(a) A law enforcement agency.
(b) A part of the defense organization.
(c) A minor subgroup of a different agency.
(d) Nothing at all.
4. What is Dean's main concern in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about financial gain relating to this novel?
(a) That it is the only reason why he wrote it.
(b) That he has already made money off the book before publishing it.
(c) That it is not the reason why he wrote it.
(d) That he hopes to make more money than his previous book.
6. In Chapter 18, why do agents use Desk Names?
(a) To play tricks on each other.
(b) Because they have to.
(c) To feel powerful.
(d) They don't use Desk Names.
7. In Chapter 5, how do other people react to the man?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They are confused by him.
(c) They love him.
(d) They tolerate him.
8. How does the author identify the men in Chapter 3?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) He uses their middle names.
(c) He uses their last names.
(d) He just describes them physically.
9. In Chapter 15, how are Claude's psychic moments described?
(a) As being annoying.
(b) As being harmful to his personal life.
(c) As being random.
(d) As being helpful in work.
10. What does Chapter 4 consist of?
(a) A magazine cover.
(b) A broadcast edit.
(c) A news article.
(d) A page from a play.
11. How do higher temperatures affect the character in Chapter 13?
(a) Sometimes they make him sweat more.
(b) They cause him to panic.
(c) Sometimes they make him sweat less.
(d) They make him tired.
12. In the beginning Chapter 6, how old is Dean?
(a) An adult.
(b) A child.
(c) A baby.
(d) A teenager.
13. How does Claude know Reynolds?
(a) They lived on the same block growing up.
(b) They used to work together.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They used to be roommates.
14. In Chapter 9, who does the author blame for problems with editing this novel?
15. How are the interviews in Chapter 14 described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author say he was given a new social security number?
2. In Chapter 14, why does the narrator say some people are able to speak from the heart during their interviews?
3. Why is Lane outside of the office in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the genre of this novel?
5. What type of interviews has Stecyk prepared in Chapter 14?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)