|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merrill's middle name?
2. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say about getting reposted?
(a) Everyone wants to be reposted.
(b) Women are mainly reposted.
(c) Single men are reposted the most.
(d) The IRS only reposts people they dislike.
3. In Chapter 14, what is the IRS revealed to have been in the past?
(a) A law enforcement agency.
(b) A minor subgroup of a different agency.
(c) A part of the defense organization.
(d) Nothing at all.
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
(a) They are frightening to him.
(b) They are government run.
(c) They are getting larger.
(d) They are everywhere.
5. In Chapter 2, where is Claude reassigned?
6. How do higher temperatures affect the character in Chapter 13?
(a) Sometimes they make him sweat less.
(b) They cause him to panic.
(c) Sometimes they make him sweat more.
(d) They make him tired.
7. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
8. What feeling does the author add to Mr. Glendenning's quote in Chapter 9?
9. How does Claude's ranking compare with Reynold's ranking in Chapter 2?
(a) Claude's is higher.
(b) They are ranked differently and can't be compared.
(c) Claude's is the same.
(d) Claude's is lower.
10. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author say is good at hiding things?
(b) Ugly things.
(c) Complicated things.
(d) Large things.
11. In Chapter 16, how does Lane feel toward his job?
12. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
(a) Business directories.
(b) ZIP code books.
(c) Phone books.
(d) Change of address cards.
13. How is Chapter 11 constructed?
(a) As a case study.
(b) As a list.
(c) As an interview.
(d) As a script.
14. In Chapter 2, where does Claude allude to previously working?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington D.C.
15. What is Dean's main concern in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what does the interviewer seem most interested in?
2. What type of psychic is Claude?
3. What are Desk Names, as defined in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is the IRS' biggest strength?
5. Why is Lane outside of the office in Chapter 16?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)