|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claude travel in Chapter 2?
(a) By train.
(b) By plane.
(c) By car.
(d) By boat.
2. In Chapter 5, how do other people react to the man?
(a) They tolerate him.
(b) They are confused by him.
(c) They dislike him.
(d) They love him.
3. What type of psychic is Claude?
(a) A fraud psychic.
(b) An animal psychic.
(c) A fact psychic.
(d) An emotion psychic.
4. In Chapter 9, what name does the author give the society he lives in.
(a) Entertainment society.
(b) Information society.
(c) Government society.
(d) Game society.
5. In Chapter 18, why do agents use Desk Names?
(a) Because they have to.
(b) They don't use Desk Names.
(c) To feel powerful.
(d) To play tricks on each other.
6. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
7. In Chapter 13, what does the character try to attribute his sweating to?
8. In Chapter 19, what is one main reason given for the problems of America?
(a) Not enough private sector jobs.
(b) A lack of immigration controls.
(c) A lack of Civics classes in school.
(d) Too many government employees.
9. How does Claude know Reynolds?
(a) They used to work together.
(b) They lived on the same block growing up.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They used to be roommates.
10. How are the interviews in Chapter 14 described?
11. Why doesn't Dean break up with his girlfriend in Chapter 6?
(a) Because she is pregnant.
(b) Because he wants to make her mad.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because he is afraid to go home.
12. What does the character in Chapter 13 do when a sweat attack begins in public?
(a) He makes a joke.
(b) He tries to hide.
(c) He lies on the ground.
(d) He takes off his shirt.
13. What makes Lane feel out of place in Chapter 16?
(a) Wearing the wrong thing.
(b) Not knowing the new laws.
(c) Forgetting his money.
(d) Being left out of gossip.
14. In Chapter 7, who gets on a the minibus?
15. Who does Claude Sylvanshine work for?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The ATF.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The IRS.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is meant to review the interviews in Chapter 14?
2. Why does the author suggest researching government documents in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 9, what year does the author say it is?
4. What are Desk Names, as defined in Chapter 18?
5. What type of interviews has Stecyk prepared in Chapter 14?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)