|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What textual feature does Chapter 9 have that is missing from the other chapters?
(d) In-text citations.
2. What type of psychic is Claude?
(a) A fraud psychic.
(b) An emotion psychic.
(c) A fact psychic.
(d) An animal psychic.
3. In Chapter 6, what upsets Dean most about his relationship with his girlfriend?
(a) Their personal beliefs.
(b) Their lack of money.
(c) Their distance from each other.
(d) Their arguments.
4. How does Claude travel in Chapter 2?
(a) By boat.
(b) By plane.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
5. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is the IRS' biggest strength?
(a) Being run by men.
(b) Being educated.
(c) Being a government agency.
(d) Being dull.
6. In Chapter 9, why does the author single out the year 1985?
(a) For the presidential election.
(b) For the death of a loved one.
(c) For the changes in tax law.
(d) For the birth of his son.
7. In Chapter 13, what does the author suggest causes the sweat attacks?
(c) Thinking about sweat attacks.
(d) Worry about his love life.
8. Why does Stecyk appear trustworthy in Chapter 12?
(a) His father is with him.
(b) He has legitimate materials from the post office.
(c) He doesn't appear trusthworthy.
(d) He is wearing a suit.
9. In Chapter 9, what year does the author say it is?
10. Why is the taxpayer being interviewed in Chapter 21?
(a) To get them to pay taxes.
(b) To return money to them.
(c) To confuse them.
(d) To play a trick on them.
11. Why does Lowtis confront his neighbor in Chapter 20?
(a) Because of lost mail.
(b) Because of a robbery.
(c) Because of overgrown grass.
(d) Because of a barking dog.
12. In Chapter 14, why does the narrator say some people are able to speak from the heart during their interviews?
(a) They are trained actors.
(b) They are naturals.
(c) No one gives an interview from the heart.
(d) They have better interviewers.
13. How do higher temperatures affect the character in Chapter 13?
(a) Sometimes they make him sweat less.
(b) They cause him to panic.
(c) They make him tired.
(d) Sometimes they make him sweat more.
14. In Chapter 18, why do agents use Desk Names?
(a) To feel powerful.
(b) Because they have to.
(c) To play tricks on each other.
(d) They don't use Desk Names.
15. How does Lowtis feel in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what part of the character's body is not affected by the sweat attacks?
2. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author question?
3. What is described in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the man's mother?
5. How does the author identify the men in Chapter 3?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)