|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what ranking does Reynolds hold?
2. In Chapter 9, what year does the author say it is?
3. How does the author describe the man in Chapter 5?
(a) As being shy.
(b) As excelling in literary arts.
(c) As being an over-achiever.
(d) As lacking any motivation.
4. How does Chapter 1 explain the plot of this novel?
(a) It discusses the major themes.
(b) It creates a strong setting.
(c) It doesn't.
(d) It describes the main characters.
5. What is Dean's main concern in Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 18, how does Glendenning feel about Desk Names?
(a) He supports them.
(b) He fears them.
(c) He doesn't allow them.
(d) He created them.
7. In Chapter 9, what name does the author give the society he lives in.
(a) Game society.
(b) Government society.
(c) Information society.
(d) Entertainment society.
8. How does Lowtis feel in Chapter 20?
9. In Chapter 18, why do agents use Desk Names?
(a) To feel powerful.
(b) To play tricks on each other.
(c) Because they have to.
(d) They don't use Desk Names.
10. In Chapter 14, what is the IRS revealed to have been in the past?
(a) A law enforcement agency.
(b) A minor subgroup of a different agency.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) A part of the defense organization.
11. How are the interviews in Chapter 14 described?
12. Why doesn't Dean break up with his girlfriend in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he wants to make her mad.
(b) Because she is pregnant.
(c) Because he is afraid to go home.
(d) Because he loves her.
13. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
14. How is Chapter 17 presented?
(a) As an interview.
(b) As a newspaper article.
(c) As a poem.
(d) As a quote.
15. In Chapter 13, what does the author suggest causes the sweat attacks?
(a) Thinking about sweat attacks.
(b) Worry about his love life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claude Sylvanshine work for?
2. How does Claude know Reynolds?
3. In Chapter 9, where does the author say he kept his notes for this novel?
4. What are Desk Names, as defined in Chapter 18?
5. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author question?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)