Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claude know Reynolds?
(a) They lived on the same block growing up.
(b) They used to be roommates.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They used to work together.
2. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
3. In Chapter 16, how does Lane feel toward his job?
4. In Chapter 9, what name does the author give the society he lives in.
(a) Information society.
(b) Entertainment society.
(c) Government society.
(d) Game society.
5. Why doesn't Dean break up with his girlfriend in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he is afraid to go home.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) Because she is pregnant.
(d) Because he wants to make her mad.
6. Why does the author say he was given a new social security number?
(a) He was not given a new social security number.
(b) Because he worked for the government.
(c) Because he moved to a new country.
(d) Because he lost his.
7. How does the author describe the man in Chapter 5?
(a) As excelling in literary arts.
(b) As being an over-achiever.
(c) As being shy.
(d) As lacking any motivation.
8. In Chapter 9, who does the author say did most of the editing of this novel?
(a) His editor.
(b) His brother.
(d) The publisher.
9. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the man's mother?
(a) She caught a terrible disease.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She ran away from home.
(d) She attempted suicide.
10. In Chapter 13, what does the character try to attribute his sweating to?
11. What is Dean's main concern in Chapter 6?
12. In Chapter 14, why does the narrator say some people are able to speak from the heart during their interviews?
(a) They are trained actors.
(b) No one gives an interview from the heart.
(c) They have better interviewers.
(d) They are naturals.
13. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author question?
(a) The role of government.
(b) The secrecy of men.
(c) The hidden motivations of people.
(d) The presence of silence.
14. In Chapter 9, why does the author single out the year 1985?
(a) For the birth of his son.
(b) For the death of a loved one.
(c) For the presidential election.
(d) For the changes in tax law.
15. Why does Stecyk appear trustworthy in Chapter 12?
(a) He doesn't appear trusthworthy.
(b) His father is with him.
(c) He has legitimate materials from the post office.
(d) He is wearing a suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the interviews in Chapter 14 described?
2. What is revealed to be a joke in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 2, where is Claude reassigned?
4. In Chapter 17, what are IRS jobs compared to?
5. How is Chapter 11 constructed?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)