|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Chapter 11 constructed?
(a) As an interview.
(b) As a case study.
(c) As a list.
(d) As a script.
2. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
3. In the beginning Chapter 6, how old is Dean?
(a) A child.
(b) A teenager.
(c) An adult.
(d) A baby.
4. In Chapter 15, how are Claude's psychic moments described?
(a) As being random.
(b) As being harmful to his personal life.
(c) As being annoying.
(d) As being helpful in work.
5. In Chapter 9, who does the author say did most of the editing of this novel?
(a) His brother.
(b) The publisher.
(d) His editor.
6. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author question?
(a) The hidden motivations of people.
(b) The secrecy of men.
(c) The presence of silence.
(d) The role of government.
7. Why is the taxpayer being interviewed in Chapter 21?
(a) To return money to them.
(b) To play a trick on them.
(c) To get them to pay taxes.
(d) To confuse them.
8. What title does Lane Dean Jr. have in Chapter 16?
9. How old is the man in Chapter 5?
(a) A teenager.
(b) An adult.
(c) A child.
(d) A baby.
10. How does the author identify the men in Chapter 3?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) He uses their last names.
(c) He uses their middle names.
(d) He just describes them physically.
11. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the genre of this novel?
(a) That it will remind the reader of nonfiction.
(b) That it is literary fiction.
(c) That it closely resembles a memoir.
(d) That it is historical fiction.
12. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
(a) Change of address cards.
(b) ZIP code books.
(c) Phone books.
(d) Business directories.
13. Why does the author suggest researching government documents in Chapter 9?
(a) To undermine elected officials.
(b) To kill time.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To increase understanding.
14. What is described in Chapter 10?
(a) Influential literature.
(b) Government hierarchy.
(c) Bureaucratic systems.
(d) The IRS.
15. In Chapter 9, what year does the author say it is?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claude's ranking compare with Reynold's ranking in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 17, what are IRS jobs compared to?
3. In Chapter 9, why does the author single out the year 1985?
4. In Chapter 19, what is one main reason given for the problems of America?
5. In Chapter 15, what opinion does the narrator have about Claude's psychic ability?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)