|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why is Spackman mentioned?
(a) Because of his interview.
(b) Because of his memo.
(c) Because of his power.
(d) Because of his quitting.
2. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
(a) They are government run.
(b) They are getting larger.
(c) They are frightening to him.
(d) They are everywhere.
3. In Chapter 15, what opinion does the narrator have about Claude's psychic ability?
(a) The narrator says nothing about the psychic ability.
(b) The narrator does not believe in the psychic ability.
(c) The narrator is neutral toward the psychic ability.
(d) The narrator believes in the psychic ability.
4. In Chapter 9, why does the author single out the year 1985?
(a) For the presidential election.
(b) For the birth of his son.
(c) For the changes in tax law.
(d) For the death of a loved one.
5. In Chapter 2, where does Claude allude to previously working?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) New York City.
6. In Chapter 2, where is Claude reassigned?
7. How is Chapter 11 constructed?
(a) As a list.
(b) As a case study.
(c) As an interview.
(d) As a script.
8. In Chapter 14, what rank do the prebriefer's have?
9. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say was the basis of IRS agent performance review in the past?
(a) The speed at which they finished returns.
(b) Their ability to pay their own taxes.
(c) The amount of vacation days they did not take.
(d) The amount of money collected.
10. In Chapter 18, why do agents use Desk Names?
(a) To feel powerful.
(b) They don't use Desk Names.
(c) To play tricks on each other.
(d) Because they have to.
11. In the beginning Chapter 6, how old is Dean?
(a) An adult.
(b) A baby.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A child.
12. How is Chapter 17 presented?
(a) As a newspaper article.
(b) As a poem.
(c) As a quote.
(d) As an interview.
13. What is revealed to be a joke in Chapter 14?
(a) The role of women in the IRS.
(b) The head of the IRS.
(c) Some previous IRS protocols.
(d) The previous president.
14. What feeling does the author add to Mr. Glendenning's quote in Chapter 9?
15. What is Merrill's middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what part of the character's body is not affected by the sweat attacks?
2. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
3. In Chapter 8, who does the girl run away with?
4. In Chapter 14, how are Stecyk's interviews described by the IRS?
5. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)