|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is the IRS' biggest strength?
(a) Being dull.
(b) Being run by men.
(c) Being educated.
(d) Being a government agency.
2. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say was the basis of IRS agent performance review in the past?
(a) The speed at which they finished returns.
(b) The amount of money collected.
(c) Their ability to pay their own taxes.
(d) The amount of vacation days they did not take.
3. In Chapter 2, what ranking does Reynolds hold?
4. How do higher temperatures affect the character in Chapter 13?
(a) Sometimes they make him sweat more.
(b) They make him tired.
(c) They cause him to panic.
(d) Sometimes they make him sweat less.
5. In Chapter 9, what name does the author give the society he lives in.
(a) Entertainment society.
(b) Information society.
(c) Government society.
(d) Game society.
6. How does Stecyk's neighbors react to him in Chapter 12?
(a) They run away from him.
(b) They are pleased.
(c) They are annoyed.
(d) They laugh at him.
7. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
(a) Change of address cards.
(b) Business directories.
(c) ZIP code books.
(d) Phone books.
8. In Chapter 13, what does the character try to attribute his sweating to?
9. In the beginning Chapter 6, how old is Dean?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A child.
(c) A baby.
(d) An adult.
10. Why does Claude speak to Merrill in Chapter 2?
(a) About a hiring problem.
(b) About a safety flaw.
(c) About a business disaster.
(d) About a financial crisis.
11. What does Chapter 4 consist of?
(a) A broadcast edit.
(b) A page from a play.
(c) A news article.
(d) A magazine cover.
12. What does RECs stand for?
(a) Regional Exploratory Centers.
(b) Random Evaluations Centers.
(c) Regional Examination Centers.
(d) Risk and Evaluations Centers.
13. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
(a) They are government run.
(b) They are getting larger.
(c) They are frightening to him.
(d) They are everywhere.
14. In Chapter 7, who gets on a the minibus?
15. In Chapter 6, what upsets Dean most about his relationship with his girlfriend?
(a) Their personal beliefs.
(b) Their distance from each other.
(c) Their lack of money.
(d) Their arguments.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where is Claude reassigned?
2. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
3. What title does Lane Dean Jr. have in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 14, what rank do the prebriefer's have?
5. How does Claude know Reynolds?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)