|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what part of the character's body is not affected by the sweat attacks?
(a) No part is unaffected.
(b) His hair.
(c) His back.
(d) His feet.
2. What type of interviews has Stecyk prepared in Chapter 14?
(a) Voice recorded interviews.
(b) Notated interviews.
(c) Videotaped interviews.
(d) Translated interviews.
3. What textual feature does Chapter 9 have that is missing from the other chapters?
(a) In-text citations.
4. In Chapter 21, what does the interviewer seem most interested in?
(a) Collecting money.
(b) Making a new friend.
(c) Upholding tax law.
(d) Getting out of work early.
5. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say about getting reposted?
(a) The IRS only reposts people they dislike.
(b) Everyone wants to be reposted.
(c) Single men are reposted the most.
(d) Women are mainly reposted.
6. What is Dean's main concern in Chapter 6?
7. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about the genre of this novel?
(a) That it is literary fiction.
(b) That it will remind the reader of nonfiction.
(c) That it closely resembles a memoir.
(d) That it is historical fiction.
8. How is Chapter 17 presented?
(a) As a newspaper article.
(b) As a quote.
(c) As an interview.
(d) As a poem.
9. What makes Lane feel out of place in Chapter 16?
(a) Wearing the wrong thing.
(b) Not knowing the new laws.
(c) Being left out of gossip.
(d) Forgetting his money.
10. In Chapter 7, who gets on a the minibus?
11. In Chapter 14, what rank do the prebriefer's have?
12. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
13. In Chapter 19, what is one main reason given for the problems of America?
(a) A lack of Civics classes in school.
(b) Not enough private sector jobs.
(c) Too many government employees.
(d) A lack of immigration controls.
14. How is Chapter 11 constructed?
(a) As a list.
(b) As a script.
(c) As a case study.
(d) As an interview.
15. In Chapter 19, how are the speakers identified?
(a) By full name.
(b) By social security number.
(c) Most of them are not identified.
(d) By job title.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed to be a joke in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
3. How does Lowtis feel in Chapter 20?
4. How does the author present the quoted interviews in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 9, what does the author say is the IRS' biggest strength?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)