|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how are Stecyk's interviews described by the IRS?
(b) Information gathering.
(d) Public relations.
2. In Chapter 13, what part of the character's body is not affected by the sweat attacks?
(a) No part is unaffected.
(b) His back.
(c) His feet.
(d) His hair.
3. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about financial gain relating to this novel?
(a) That it is the only reason why he wrote it.
(b) That he hopes to make more money than his previous book.
(c) That it is not the reason why he wrote it.
(d) That he has already made money off the book before publishing it.
4. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author say is good at hiding things?
(b) Large things.
(c) Ugly things.
(d) Complicated things.
5. In Chapter 9, why does the author single out the year 1985?
(a) For the birth of his son.
(b) For the death of a loved one.
(c) For the changes in tax law.
(d) For the presidential election.
6. In Chapter 15, what opinion does the narrator have about Claude's psychic ability?
(a) The narrator says nothing about the psychic ability.
(b) The narrator does not believe in the psychic ability.
(c) The narrator is neutral toward the psychic ability.
(d) The narrator believes in the psychic ability.
7. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
8. How does the author identify the men in Chapter 3?
(a) He uses their middle names.
(b) He uses their last names.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He just describes them physically.
9. How is Chapter 11 constructed?
(a) As a list.
(b) As an interview.
(c) As a script.
(d) As a case study.
10. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say about getting reposted?
(a) The IRS only reposts people they dislike.
(b) Everyone wants to be reposted.
(c) Women are mainly reposted.
(d) Single men are reposted the most.
11. In Chapter 9, what name does the author give the society he lives in.
(a) Information society.
(b) Entertainment society.
(c) Game society.
(d) Government society.
12. How does the author describe the man in Chapter 5?
(a) As being an over-achiever.
(b) As lacking any motivation.
(c) As excelling in literary arts.
(d) As being shy.
13. In Chapter 2, what ranking does Reynolds hold?
14. In Chapter 9, who does the author say did most of the editing of this novel?
(a) His brother.
(c) The publisher.
(d) His editor.
15. How does Chapter 1 explain the plot of this novel?
(a) It discusses the major themes.
(b) It describes the main characters.
(c) It creates a strong setting.
(d) It doesn't.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how many men are in the car?
2. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
3. How does the author represent questions during the interviews in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 7, who gets on a the minibus?
5. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)