|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who does the author blame for problems with editing this novel?
2. In Chapter 17, what are IRS jobs compared to?
(a) Business men.
(b) Teacher and administrator jobs.
(c) Police and fire jobs.
3. In Chapter 5, what has happened to the man's mother?
(a) She attempted suicide.
(b) She caught a terrible disease.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She ran away from home.
4. What type of psychic is Claude?
(a) A fraud psychic.
(b) An emotion psychic.
(c) An animal psychic.
(d) A fact psychic.
5. Why does Claude speak to Merrill in Chapter 2?
(a) About a safety flaw.
(b) About a business disaster.
(c) About a hiring problem.
(d) About a financial crisis.
6. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say about getting reposted?
(a) Women are mainly reposted.
(b) The IRS only reposts people they dislike.
(c) Everyone wants to be reposted.
(d) Single men are reposted the most.
7. In Chapter 15, how are Claude's psychic moments described?
(a) As being random.
(b) As being harmful to his personal life.
(c) As being helpful in work.
(d) As being annoying.
8. In Chapter 9, what year does the author say it is?
9. In Chapter 19, how are the speakers identified?
(a) By job title.
(b) Most of them are not identified.
(c) By full name.
(d) By social security number.
10. What does the author say is a lie in Chapter 9?
(a) The book's title.
(b) The book's disclaimer.
(c) The book.
(d) The book's reputation.
11. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author say is good at hiding things?
(a) Ugly things.
(b) Large things.
(d) Complicated things.
12. Who does Claude Sylvanshine work for?
(a) The IRS.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The ATF.
(d) The FBI.
13. In Chapter 14, why does the narrator say some people are able to speak from the heart during their interviews?
(a) They are naturals.
(b) No one gives an interview from the heart.
(c) They are trained actors.
(d) They have better interviewers.
14. In Chapter 14, why is Spackman mentioned?
(a) Because of his quitting.
(b) Because of his interview.
(c) Because of his power.
(d) Because of his memo.
15. What type of interviews has Stecyk prepared in Chapter 14?
(a) Translated interviews.
(b) Notated interviews.
(c) Videotaped interviews.
(d) Voice recorded interviews.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how are Stecyk's interviews described by the IRS?
2. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 9, what name does the author give the society he lives in.
4. In Chapter 18, how does Glendenning feel about Desk Names?
5. In Chapter 10, who justifies the role of large organizations?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)