|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lane outside of the office in Chapter 16?
(a) He is going to court.
(b) He is in the office.
(c) It is a weekend.
(d) It is a lunch break.
2. In Chapter 5, how do other people react to the man?
(a) They are confused by him.
(b) They dislike him.
(c) They tolerate him.
(d) They love him.
3. In Chapter 13, what does the author suggest causes the sweat attacks?
(c) Thinking about sweat attacks.
(d) Worry about his love life.
4. How does Claude know Reynolds?
(a) They lived on the same block growing up.
(b) They used to work together.
(c) They used to be roommates.
(d) They are cousins.
5. What year is given to the interview files in Chapter 14?
6. What does Chapter 4 consist of?
(a) A page from a play.
(b) A broadcast edit.
(c) A magazine cover.
(d) A news article.
7. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author say is good at hiding things?
(b) Large things.
(c) Ugly things.
(d) Complicated things.
8. In the beginning Chapter 6, how old is Dean?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A child.
(c) An adult.
(d) A baby.
9. In Chapter 9, what does the author point out about televisions?
(a) They are frightening to him.
(b) They are government run.
(c) They are everywhere.
(d) They are getting larger.
10. In Chapter 14, how are Stecyk's interviews described by the IRS?
(c) Information gathering.
(d) Public relations.
11. What is described in Chapter 10?
(a) Government hierarchy.
(b) Bureaucratic systems.
(c) The IRS.
(d) Influential literature.
12. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author question?
(a) The secrecy of men.
(b) The hidden motivations of people.
(c) The role of government.
(d) The presence of silence.
13. What is Merrill's middle name?
14. Why does the author quote Mr. Glendenning in Chapter 9?
(a) As an authority figure.
(b) As a fellow writer.
(c) As a liar.
(d) As a fan.
15. What are Desk Names, as defined in Chapter 18?
(a) Inverted last names.
(b) Made up names.
(c) The agents' middle names.
(d) Government given names.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do higher temperatures affect the character in Chapter 13?
2. How is Chapter 17 presented?
3. How is Chapter 11 constructed?
4. What feeling does the author add to Mr. Glendenning's quote in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 9, what year does the author say it is?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)