|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claude Sylvanshine work for?
(a) The ATF.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The IRS.
2. What does the character in Chapter 13 do when a sweat attack begins in public?
(a) He makes a joke.
(b) He tries to hide.
(c) He lies on the ground.
(d) He takes off his shirt.
3. Why does the author say he was given a new social security number?
(a) Because he moved to a new country.
(b) He was not given a new social security number.
(c) Because he lost his.
(d) Because he worked for the government.
4. Why does Claude speak to Merrill in Chapter 2?
(a) About a business disaster.
(b) About a hiring problem.
(c) About a financial crisis.
(d) About a safety flaw.
5. How old is the character who sweats in Chapter 13?
6. How does the author identify the men in Chapter 3?
(a) He uses their middle names.
(b) He just describes them physically.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He uses their last names.
7. In Chapter 7, who gets on a the minibus?
8. What does RECs stand for?
(a) Regional Exploratory Centers.
(b) Random Evaluations Centers.
(c) Regional Examination Centers.
(d) Risk and Evaluations Centers.
9. What makes Lane feel out of place in Chapter 16?
(a) Forgetting his money.
(b) Being left out of gossip.
(c) Wearing the wrong thing.
(d) Not knowing the new laws.
10. How does Stecyk's neighbors react to him in Chapter 12?
(a) They run away from him.
(b) They are annoyed.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They are pleased.
11. In Chapter 14, why does the narrator say some people are able to speak from the heart during their interviews?
(a) They have better interviewers.
(b) No one gives an interview from the heart.
(c) They are trained actors.
(d) They are naturals.
12. In Chapter 13, what does the character try to attribute his sweating to?
13. In Chapter 13, what happens when the character tries to hide his sweating?
(a) He doesn't even try to hide the sweating.
(b) It makes it worse.
(c) It works about half of the time.
(d) It works.
14. How does the author represent questions during the interviews in Chapter 14?
(a) He replaced them with the letter Q.
(b) There is no representation of the questions.
(c) He puts all the questions in italics.
(d) He puts all the questions in bold.
15. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about financial gain relating to this novel?
(a) That he hopes to make more money than his previous book.
(b) That he has already made money off the book before publishing it.
(c) That it is not the reason why he wrote it.
(d) That it is the only reason why he wrote it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where does Claude allude to previously working?
2. In Chapter 9, where does the author say he kept his notes for this novel?
3. How does Claude travel in Chapter 2?
4. What does Stecyk deliver in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 17, what are IRS jobs compared to?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)