|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where does Claude allude to previously working?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington D.C.
2. What does RECs stand for?
(a) Risk and Evaluations Centers.
(b) Random Evaluations Centers.
(c) Regional Examination Centers.
(d) Regional Exploratory Centers.
3. In Chapter 2, what ranking does Reynolds hold?
4. In Chapter 14, what rank do the prebriefer's have?
5. In Chapter 9, what does the author say about financial gain relating to this novel?
(a) That it is not the reason why he wrote it.
(b) That it is the only reason why he wrote it.
(c) That he hopes to make more money than his previous book.
(d) That he has already made money off the book before publishing it.
6. In Chapter 14, what does one interviewee say about getting reposted?
(a) Everyone wants to be reposted.
(b) Women are mainly reposted.
(c) The IRS only reposts people they dislike.
(d) Single men are reposted the most.
7. In Chapter 9, what name does the author give the society he lives in.
(a) Entertainment society.
(b) Government society.
(c) Information society.
(d) Game society.
8. What does the author say is a lie in Chapter 9?
(a) The book.
(b) The book's reputation.
(c) The book's title.
(d) The book's disclaimer.
9. In Chapter 19, how are the speakers identified?
(a) By full name.
(b) By social security number.
(c) Most of them are not identified.
(d) By job title.
10. In Chapter 9, where does the author say he kept his notes for this novel?
(a) His wallet.
(c) In a secret safe.
(d) Computer files.
11. At the end of Chapter 9, what does the author question?
(a) The hidden motivations of people.
(b) The presence of silence.
(c) The secrecy of men.
(d) The role of government.
12. In Chapter 9, what does the author say was once pitted against efficacy?
(c) The public.
13. Why is the taxpayer being interviewed in Chapter 21?
(a) To return money to them.
(b) To get them to pay taxes.
(c) To confuse them.
(d) To play a trick on them.
14. How does Claude's ranking compare with Reynold's ranking in Chapter 2?
(a) Claude's is lower.
(b) Claude's is the same.
(c) Claude's is higher.
(d) They are ranked differently and can't be compared.
15. What name does the author give himself in Chapter 9?
(a) David Foster Wallace.
(b) David Foster.
(c) David Wallace.
(d) Foster Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claude know Reynolds?
2. Who does Claude Sylvanshine work for?
3. In Chapter 2, where is Claude reassigned?
4. In the beginning Chapter 6, how old is Dean?
5. What feeling does the author add to Mr. Glendenning's quote in Chapter 9?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)