|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kitty appears so radiant (shortly after commencing her affair with Charlie), what do her friends assume?
(a) That she has discovered an Asian beauty secret.
(b) That she and Walter are more in love than ever.
(c) That she has begun an illicit affair.
(d) That she is expecting a baby.
2. Why does Kitty think that Walter will allow a divorce if he was to find out about the affair?
(a) He is intimidated by Charlie's position.
(b) He loves her and is a gentleman.
(c) He has grown tired of her.
(d) He is having an affair of his own.
3. What instrument does Charlie play?
(a) The harp.
(b) The violin.
(c) The piano.
(d) He does not play an instrument.
4. How soon after her marriage does Kitty realize she's made a mistake?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three days.
(c) She doesn't think she made a mistake.
(d) Three months.
5. In Chapter 21, for what reason do others suppose that Walter is pale?
(a) The believe he has been working too hard.
(b) They believe his is dreadfully ill.
(c) They suspect he knows about Kitty's affair.
(d) They don't notice anything different in his appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kitty insist on meeting Charlie in person the following day?
2. How does Mrs. Garstin feel towards Mr. Garstin?
3. Who does Kitty initially blame for her mistake in marriage?
4. Often, why doesn't Walter respond to casual remarks that Kitty makes?
5. What color are Dorothy's eyes?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)