|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie think that Walter would do if he found out about the affair going on between himself and Kitty?
(a) Divorce Kitty.
(b) Try to get Charlie fired.
(c) Alert Charlie's spouse.
(d) Do nothing or ignore it.
2. What is the name of Doris' fiance?
(a) Walter Fane.
(b) William Foster.
(c) Bernard Garstin.
(d) Geoffrey Dennison.
3. What determines Kitty's social position in Hong Kong?
(a) The size of her home.
(b) The type of attire she wears.
(c) Her husband's occupation.
(d) The connections of her family.
4. Who does Kitty initially blame for her mistake in marriage?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
5. What type of books does Walter like to read?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) Historical works and books about China.
(c) Poetry and contemporary literature.
(d) Mystery stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Walter join in singing with others at a party?
2. What is Walter's occupation?
3. How soon after her marriage does Kitty realize she's made a mistake?
4. In Hong Kong, why is Kitty vague about Walter's job to others?
5. Which Italian city was Somerset Maugham staying in when he was inspired to write The Painted Veil?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)