|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Doris' fiance?
(a) William Foster.
(b) Walter Fane.
(c) Geoffrey Dennison.
(d) Bernard Garstin.
2. Why is Kitty initially surprised by Walter's proposal of marriage?
(a) Walter had mentioned he did not wish to marry.
(b) Walter had not asked permission of her father.
(c) They didn't know each other well.
(d) She was unaware that Walter was in love with her.
3. How old is Doris when she becomes engaged?
4. How old is Kitty when she becomes engaged?
5. Often, why doesn't Walter respond to casual remarks that Kitty makes?
(a) He doesn't hear her.
(b) He wants to hurt her feelings.
(c) He has nothing to say.
(d) Small talk annoys him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kitty refuse so many proposals?
2. Why won't Walter join in singing with others at a party?
3. What is the first thing to startle Kitty in the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What is the area called where Kitty's house is?
5. Who took Kitty into dinner at Government House when they first arrived in Hong Kong?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)