|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Charlie?
2. What position does Charlie hold?
(a) King's Counsel.
(b) Assistant Colonial Secretary.
(d) Colonial Governor.
3. Where do Charlie and Kitty usually meet?
(a) Charlie's office.
(b) A rented hotel room above a cafe.
(c) The house of a curio dealer.
(d) The cottage of a friend.
4. Why did Maugham decide to change the last name of his main character in the novel?
(a) The name was misprinted in the first edition and he decided to leave it with the new spelling.
(b) He found over time he disliked the original name and it didn't fit the character.
(c) Several people with that name brought an action against Maugham.
(d) A close friend asked him to change it.
5. Where does Kitty's family go for their summer holiday?
(a) They stay in London.
(b) A quiet, cheap place in the country.
(c) They go abroad to different countries.
(d) A bustling village by the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Charlie and Dorothy have?
2. How old is Doris when she becomes engaged?
3. What does Charlie think that Walter would do if he found out about the affair going on between himself and Kitty?
4. Why doesn't Walter like to answer questions about himself?
5. Why do Walter and Kitty plan their wedding so quickly?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)