|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent makes Mrs. Garstin a valuable dinner guest?
(a) She is good at settling disagreements.
(b) She is an expert at small talk.
(c) She is quiet and unassuming.
(d) She has a beautiful singing voice to entertain.
2. After being married for some time, how does Kitty feel towards Walter?
(a) She finds him amusing and has a platonic affection for him.
(b) She is constantly angry with him.
(c) She is indifferent to him.
(d) She is deeply in love with him.
3. Why does Charlie leave the sitting room in Chapter 1?
(a) He has a quarrel with Kitty.
(b) The time has come for him to return to work.
(c) He is meeting his wife for lunch.
(d) He is afraid of being caught there by Walter.
4. Often, why doesn't Walter respond to casual remarks that Kitty makes?
(a) Small talk annoys him.
(b) He doesn't hear her.
(c) He has nothing to say.
(d) He wants to hurt her feelings.
5. In Chapter 5, how does Kitty find out that Walter has been home?
(a) A neighbor tells her.
(b) The servant boy tells her.
(c) She sees his gloves on the entry table.
(d) Walter tells her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Dorothy's eyes?
2. How many children do Charlie and Dorothy have?
3. What causes Kitty to marry Walter Fane in a panic?
4. What item does Charlie leave downstairs during his rendezvous with Kitty in Chapter 1?
5. Who does Kitty initially blame for her mistake in marriage?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)