|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Kitty and Charlie consummate their affair, how does she feel?
(a) She is sad and distracted.
(b) She is confused and upset at the circumstances.
(c) She feels no different than before.
(d) She is intensely guilty.
2. Why does Kitty insist on meeting Charlie in person the following day?
(a) She is too nervous to go to his office.
(b) She hopes to convince him to run away with her.
(c) She is in need of comfort and wants to be near him.
(d) She is afraid to discuss details over the phone.
3. When Kitty and Charlie meet in Chapter 20, what does the room smell like?
(a) Furniture polish.
4. Where do Kitty and Charlie decide to meet?
(a) The lounge at the Hong Kong Hotel.
(b) Her house.
(c) His office.
(d) Ku-Chou's, the curio shop.
5. Once he knows fully of Walter's ultimatum, what does Charlie think of Walter's offer?
(a) He thinks it is very generous.
(b) He has no opinion on the ultimatum.
(c) He thinks Walter made it strictly for professional reasons.
(d) He thinks it is callous and cruel.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner what excuse does Walter give to leave Kitty alone?
2. What causes Kitty to marry Walter Fane in a panic?
3. What does Waddington think of Dorothy?
4. What does Charlie think that Walter would do if he found out about the affair going on between himself and Kitty?
5. How many people die each day in Mei-tan-fu from the cholera?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)