|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49 through 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Waddington think of Dorothy?
(a) He thinks she's extremely beautiful.
(b) He thinks she's very flirtatious.
(c) He thinks she's well-bred and able.
(d) He thinks she's cold and unfeeling.
2. After Kitty and Charlie are done discussing Walter, what does Charlie do?
(a) He rushes out to a business appointment.
(b) He goes for his regular tiffin.
(c) He goes down and pays the curio shop owner.
(d) He locks the door and stays with Kitty.
3. How does Waddington regard the Catholic nuns of the convent?
(a) He doesn't find them very devoted.
(b) He thinks their devotion is a certain kind of madness.
(c) He thinks their devotion to humanity is misplaced.
(d) He is awed by their selfless sacrifice.
4. Where do Kitty and Charlie decide to meet?
(a) The lounge at the Hong Kong Hotel.
(b) Ku-Chou's, the curio shop.
(c) His office.
(d) Her house.
5. What habit of the Fanes does Waddington find surprising and dangerous?
(a) They house several sick invalids.
(b) They eat raw meat.
(c) They eat fresh salad.
(d) The rarely bathe or wash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vocation does Sister St. Joseph's family do in France?
2. Why does Kitty insist on meeting Charlie in person the following day?
3. What one nightly tradition does Walter neglect the night before Kitty meets Charlie in Chapter 20?
4. What color are Charlie's eyes?
5. Why does Kitty attend the daily services in the chapel with the other nuns and children?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)