|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49 through 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During dinner conversation outlined in Chapter 32, what aspect of London does Waddington discuss at length?
(a) The musuems.
(b) The latest war news.
(c) The theatre.
(d) Political gossip.
2. How does Waddington regard the Catholic nuns of the convent?
(a) He is awed by their selfless sacrifice.
(b) He thinks their devotion is a certain kind of madness.
(c) He doesn't find them very devoted.
(d) He thinks their devotion to humanity is misplaced.
3. Why does Kitty insist on meeting Charlie in person the following day?
(a) She is in need of comfort and wants to be near him.
(b) She hopes to convince him to run away with her.
(c) She is afraid to discuss details over the phone.
(d) She is too nervous to go to his office.
4. What plans do Kitty and Walter have for their evening in Chapter 21?
(a) They are packing for a vacation.
(b) They plan to play games with another couple.
(c) They are dining out with some friends.
(d) They are hosting a dinner party.
5. What does Kitty think of her first view from her window of the bungalow?
(a) She finds it breathtakingly beautiful.
(b) She finds the view pretty much the same as her view in Hong Kong.
(c) She finds it dreary and depressing.
(d) She takes no notice of the view and is so depressed she doesn't really register her surroundings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vocation does Sister St. Joseph's family do in France?
2. What does Waddington think of Dorothy?
3. How many people die each day in Mei-tan-fu from the cholera?
4. What job is Kitty given at the convent?
5. Why does Kitty attend the daily services in the chapel with the other nuns and children?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)