|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49 through 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kitty attend the daily services in the chapel with the other nuns and children?
(a) Mother Superior has asked her to attend them.
(b) She is worried about offending Mother Superior by not attending.
(c) She finds it restful.
(d) Walter has pressured her to attend them.
2. When Walter asks Kitty if the baby is his, what is her response?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) She tells him it is Charlie's.
(c) She tells him it is his.
(d) She refuses to answer.
3. What compliment does Mother Superior pay Kitty when she sees her in disarray in Chapter 52?
(a) She tells Kitty she is very beautiful.
(b) She compliments Kitty on her hard work.
(c) She tells Kitty she has a soothing voice.
(d) She doesn't compliment, but reprimands Kitty instead.
4. During Kitty and Waddington's first dinner together, what unexpected mutual acquaintance do they discover?
(a) They don't have any mutual acquaintances.
(b) The Curio Shop owner.
(c) Charlie Townsend.
(d) The Governor.
5. What does Kitty think of Walter's dancing ability?
(a) She thinks he is a fair, but undistinguished dancer.
(b) She thinks he is the best dancer she had ever partnered.
(c) She thinks he is a terrible dancer.
(d) She doesn't know as he refuses to dance with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modes of transportation do Kitty and Walter utilize to get to Mei-tan-fu?
2. When Kitty discovers she is pregnant, what is her immediate reaction?
3. What dress did Kitty wear on the first evening she meets Charlie?
4. What vocation does Sister St. Joseph's family do in France?
5. What great noise brings Mother Superior to the room when Kitty is watching the children in Chapter 52?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)