|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puts Chris on a five-day lockdown while in prison?
(a) An attempt to escape from jail.
(b) A hidden weapon in his cell.
(c) A planted illegal cigarette.
(d) A fight with his cellmate.
2. What does Melanie do in Emily's room?
(a) Removes any trace of Chris.
(b) Removes everything.
(c) Removes any trace of Emily.
(d) Searches for evidence.
3. What does Chris do once the Golds are gone?
(a) Finds a note in his mailbox.
(b) Finds the can that he and Emily used to pass notes in.
4. Whom does Michael agree to have coffee with after a visit to the jail?
5. What happens during Emily's appointment for the abortion?
(a) She panics and doesn't go through with it.
(b) The abortion goes as planned.
(c) She decides she wants to keep the baby.
(d) She decides she'll have the baby and put it up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Golds do after the trial?
2. What date does the jury selection coincidentally fall on?
3. In December 1997, what does Gus overhear in the grocery store?
4. What does James do when he visits Chris?
5. What does Steve do when he is found guilty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jordan stress during the summation?
2. What kind of woman has Melanie become as she takes the stand at the trial?
3. Why is Jordan not interested in the truth?
4. How does Michael's decision to testify for the defense affect his marriage?
5. What do the Golds do after the trial?
6. How does Chris react to Steve's attempt to commit suicide?
7. What does Heather say during her testimony?
8. Why does the blank note at the end seem appropriate?
9. What kind of memories does Emily begin to have months before she dies?
10. How does Emily begin her day on the day of her suicide?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)