|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Michael agree to have coffee with after a visit to the jail?
2. How does Melanie react to news of Michael meeting up with Gus?
3. What happens when Gus tries to talk to Melanie?
(a) Gus yells at Melanie.
(b) Melanie yells at Gus.
(c) They talk.
(d) Melanie runs away.
4. How long does Chris have to wait before he petitions for medium-security prison?
(a) Almost a week.
(b) A month.
(c) A day.
(d) He can't petition.
5. What does Jordan tell the jury about Emily's death?
(a) Emily committed suicide without Chris' presence.
(b) It was an accidental death.
(c) Chris killed Emily.
(d) Chris and Emily had a suicide pact that he couldn't fulfill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do when he visits Chris?
2. What does Jordan get Melanie to admit while testifying at Chris' trial?
3. Which of Emily's friends is called to the stand?
4. What makes Emily's recovered memories more intense?
5. What does Chris do for the first time in a long time after he gets a book from a cellmate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Steve and why he is in jail.
2. What does Jordan get Melanie to reveal while she is testifying?
3. What do the Golds do after the trial?
4. Why does Selena look for a doctor to confirm Emily's pregnancy?
5. Why is Gus unable to say a proper goodbye to Michael?
6. How does Emily begin her day on the day of her suicide?
7. Why does Emily not go through with the abortion?
8. What kind of memories does Emily begin to have months before she dies?
9. What does Jordan stress during the summation?
10. How does Chris act during his last date with Emily in November 1997?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)