|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris do once the Golds are gone?
(a) Finds the can that he and Emily used to pass notes in.
(d) Finds a note in his mailbox.
2. How long does Chris have to wait before he petitions for medium-security prison?
(a) A month.
(b) He can't petition.
(c) Almost a week.
(d) A day.
3. What does the discovery made by Selena suggest about Emily?
(a) Emily was always depressed.
(b) A change in Emily's emotional state.
(c) Emily feared for her life.
(d) Emily did not commit suicide.
4. What does Jordan have Chris emphasize while he testifies?
(a) That Chris didn't pull the trigger.
(b) That Chris wasn't present at the scene.
(c) That Chris didn't have the intention of killing himself or Emily.
(d) That Emily didn't intend to kill herself.
5. Why doesn't James want to testify at Chris' trial?
(a) He is angry at Chris.
(b) He believes that his son is guilty.
(c) He is afraid of what it will do to his professional reputation.
(d) He feels ashamed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Emily's gravestone installed?
2. What verdict does the jury return?
3. What does Marrone say about the gun?
4. In September 1997, what has Emily found out?
5. Whom does James forget to mention in an acceptance speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily begin her day on the day of her suicide?
2. How does Emily respond to Chris when he begs her to stay alive out of love for him?
3. What does Emily's artwork show?
4. What kind of memories does Emily begin to have months before she dies?
5. How does Chris react to Steve's attempt to commit suicide?
6. How does Gus react to James forgetting to mention Chris in an acceptance speech?
7. What do the Golds do after the trial?
8. Why does Chris think that Emily withheld news of her pregnancy?
9. Why does Chris refuse to talk about the night of Emily's death with Michael?
10. Why does Selena look for a doctor to confirm Emily's pregnancy?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)