|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jordan stress in his summation at the end of the trial?
(a) That Emily pulled the trigger.
(b) The truth.
(c) That the evidence is inconclusive.
(d) That Chris was not at the scene.
2. What does Delaney ask Chris to do?
(a) Hold a gun to Jordan's head for the jury to see.
(b) Hold a gun to Selena's head for the jury to see.
(c) Hold a gun to his own head to show how Emily did it to herself.
(d) Hold a gun to her head for the jury to see.
3. Who is sure that the case is won?
4. Who is the first witness for the prosecution?
(c) Detective Marrone.
5. What is Chris' cellmate accused of?
(a) Attempting to kill his wife.
(b) Killing his wife.
(c) Attempting to kill his infant son.
(d) Killing his infant son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prosecutor say to explain why Chris killed Emily?
2. What does Jordan tell the jury about Emily's death?
3. Why does Chris agree to help Emily?
4. In November 1997, what does Emily think about doing for her parents?
5. What happens when Gus tries to talk to Melanie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Selena look for a doctor to confirm Emily's pregnancy?
2. What kind of woman has Melanie become as she takes the stand at the trial?
3. Why does Chris think that Emily withheld news of her pregnancy?
4. What does Jordan stress during the summation?
5. What do the Golds do after the trial?
6. How does Emily begin her day on the day of her suicide?
7. Why does Gus believe that Chris is a hero?
8. What does Jordan get Melanie to reveal while she is testifying?
9. How does Chris act during his last date with Emily in November 1997?
10. Describe Steve and why he is in jail.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)