|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the discovery made by Selena suggest about Emily?
(a) A change in Emily's emotional state.
(b) Emily feared for her life.
(c) Emily did not commit suicide.
(d) Emily was always depressed.
2. What does Emily's friend think of her suicide?
(a) She knew Emily would do it.
(b) It's shocking and unexpected.
(c) It's shocking but she knew that Emily was depressed.
(d) She doesn't think it was suicide.
3. How does Jordan explain the bullet path in Emily's head?
(a) The bullet path was incorrectly determined.
(b) Emily could have had someone other than Chris help her.
(c) He says the gun could have slipped.
(d) A robber could have shot her.
4. How long does Chris have to wait before he petitions for medium-security prison?
(a) Almost a week.
(b) He can't petition.
(c) A day.
(d) A month.
5. Why doesn't James want to testify at Chris' trial?
(a) He feels ashamed.
(b) He believes that his son is guilty.
(c) He is afraid of what it will do to his professional reputation.
(d) He is angry at Chris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who testifies after Marrone?
2. Whom does Michael agree to have coffee with after a visit to the jail?
3. What do the Golds do after the trial?
4. What does Jordan underscore in Chris' testimony?
5. What does Gus find in the local newspaper at the grocery store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of memories does Emily begin to have months before she dies?
2. Why is Jordan not interested in the truth?
3. How does Emily begin her day on the day of her suicide?
4. What does Emily's artwork show?
5. Why is the jewelry store clerk's testimony potentially damaging?
6. Describe Steve and why he is in jail.
7. What does Jordan stress during the summation?
8. What does Heather say during her testimony?
9. Why does Emily not go through with the abortion?
10. Why is Gus unable to say a proper goodbye to Michael?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)