|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gus and James forget about?
(a) Chris' birthday.
(b) Kate's birthday.
(d) Thanksgiving dinner.
2. What do the Golds say to the Hartes after the trial?
(a) They don't say a word.
(b) They are sorry that Chris is not in jail.
(c) They are sorry.
(d) They cannot be friends with them.
3. What does Jordan underscore in Chris' testimony?
(a) That Chris pulled the trigger.
(b) That Emily pulled the trigger.
(c) That the gun accidentally went off.
(d) That Chris does not know who pulled the trigger.
4. In May 1997, what does Emily tell Chris?
(a) She wants to break up with him.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She wants to run away.
(d) She wants to die.
5. What does Jordan do with the jewelry store clerk's testimony?
(a) Asks the judge to throw it out.
(b) Shows how fast Emily's mental state declined.
(c) Shows how Emily was always depressed.
(d) Shows how Emily must have been murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. In May 1996, what is Emily having dreams and memories of?
2. What does Jordan get Melanie to admit while testifying at Chris' trial?
3. What does Chris do in his bedroom?
4. Who is the first witness for the prosecution?
5. What does Delaney hope to establish through the witness called after the medical examiner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the blank note at the end seem appropriate?
2. Why is Gus unable to say a proper goodbye to Michael?
3. What does Heather say during her testimony?
4. Describe Steve and why he is in jail.
5. How does Chris see the date of jury selection?
6. How does Chris act during his last date with Emily in November 1997?
7. Why does Gus believe that Chris is a hero?
8. Why does Chris refuse to talk about the night of Emily's death with Michael?
9. What kind of woman has Melanie become as she takes the stand at the trial?
10. How does Emily begin her day on the day of her suicide?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)