|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melanie do at Emily's grave?
(a) Reads to her.
(b) Arranges presents for her.
2. What does Marrone say about the gun?
(a) Tests were inconclusive.
(b) Tests indicate that Emily fired it.
(c) Tests indicate that someone other than Chris and Emily fired it.
(d) Tests indicate that it had only Chris' fingerprints on the handle.
3. Where do Chris and Steve move?
(a) Minimum-security prison.
(b) Medium-security prison.
(c) Maximum-secuirty prison.
(d) They don't move.
4. What evidence does Jordan ask the judge to throw out?
(a) Marrone's interview with Chris.
(b) Any evidence from the night of Emily's death.
(d) News of the pregnancy.
5. In December 1997, what does Gus overhear in the grocery store?
(a) Gossip about Melanie.
(b) Gossip about Chris.
(c) Gossip about Emily.
(d) Gossip about Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily's friend think of her suicide?
2. What does the discovery made by Selena suggest about Emily?
3. In May 1996, what is Emily having dreams and memories of?
4. Who loads the gun used in the incident that ended Emily's life?
5. How long does Chris have to wait before he petitions for medium-security prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily respond to Chris when he begs her to stay alive out of love for him?
2. What does Chris' decision to tell his father not to visit him again reveal?
3. How does Detective Marrone present evidence at the trial?
4. Why does the blank note at the end seem appropriate?
5. What kind of woman has Melanie become as she takes the stand at the trial?
6. Why does Emily not go through with the abortion?
7. What does Heather say during her testimony?
8. Why does Gus believe that Chris is a hero?
9. What kind of memories does Emily begin to have months before she dies?
10. Why does Selena look for a doctor to confirm Emily's pregnancy?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)