|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jordan do with the jewelry store clerk's testimony?
(a) Shows how Emily must have been murdered.
(b) Shows how fast Emily's mental state declined.
(c) Asks the judge to throw it out.
(d) Shows how Emily was always depressed.
2. In September 1997, what has Emily found out?
(a) She has an STD.
(b) Chris is cheating on her.
(c) She has HIV.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. Where do Chris and Steve move?
(a) They don't move.
(b) Maximum-secuirty prison.
(c) Medium-security prison.
(d) Minimum-security prison.
4. What is the name of Chris' cellmate?
5. What happens during Emily's appointment for the abortion?
(a) The abortion goes as planned.
(b) She decides she'll have the baby and put it up for adoption.
(c) She decides she wants to keep the baby.
(d) She panics and doesn't go through with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delaney emphasize in Chris' testimony?
2. What does Jordan stress in his summation at the end of the trial?
3. Why doesn't James want to testify at Chris' trial?
4. What does Gus find in the local newspaper at the grocery store?
5. What do the Golds do after the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Detective Marrone present evidence at the trial?
2. Why does Gus believe that Chris is a hero?
3. Why is Gus unable to say a proper goodbye to Michael?
4. How does Chris see the date of jury selection?
5. Why does the blank note at the end seem appropriate?
6. What does Chris' decision to tell his father not to visit him again reveal?
7. What does Heather say during her testimony?
8. Why does Michael decide to testify for the defense?
9. How does Chris react to Steve's attempt to commit suicide?
10. Why is Jordan not interested in the truth?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)