|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Selena discover during her visit for research on the case?
(a) Nothing of relevance.
(b) She sees no signs of depression in Emily's work.
(c) A disturbing essay by Emily.
(d) A disturbing painting by Emily.
2. What does Gus find in the local newspaper at the grocery store?
(a) Interviews with herself about the case.
(b) Interviews with James about the case.
(c) Interviews with Melanie about the case.
(d) Interviews with Jordan about the case.
3. What does Jordan have Chris emphasize while he testifies?
(a) That Chris didn't have the intention of killing himself or Emily.
(b) That Emily didn't intend to kill herself.
(c) That Chris didn't pull the trigger.
(d) That Chris wasn't present at the scene.
4. What does the information Chris imparts help Jordan decide?
(a) He must allow Chris to take the stand.
(b) He has to hear the whole story from Chris.
(c) He can't defend Chris anymore.
(d) He can never allow Chris to take the stand.
5. What date does the jury selection coincidentally fall on?
(a) Anniversary of Chris and Emily's relationship.
(b) Anniversary of Emily's death.
(c) Emily's birthday.
(d) Chris' birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gus and James forget about?
2. When is Emily's gravestone installed?
3. Where does Emily go to in the next town once she finds out something concerning her relationship with Chris?
4. What does Chris do in his bedroom?
5. What does Melanie find in Emily's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Detective Marrone present evidence at the trial?
2. Why is Gus unable to say a proper goodbye to Michael?
3. Why is Jordan not interested in the truth?
4. Why does Michael decide to testify for the defense?
5. How does Emily respond to Chris when he begs her to stay alive out of love for him?
6. What does Heather say during her testimony?
7. Why does the blank note at the end seem appropriate?
8. Describe Steve and why he is in jail.
9. Why does Chris think that Emily withheld news of her pregnancy?
10. Why does Chris refuse to talk about the night of Emily's death with Michael?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)