|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily's friend think of her suicide?
(a) It's shocking and unexpected.
(b) It's shocking but she knew that Emily was depressed.
(c) She doesn't think it was suicide.
(d) She knew Emily would do it.
2. What does Delaney ask Chris to do?
(a) Hold a gun to her head for the jury to see.
(b) Hold a gun to Jordan's head for the jury to see.
(c) Hold a gun to his own head to show how Emily did it to herself.
(d) Hold a gun to Selena's head for the jury to see.
3. What evidence does Jordan ask the judge to throw out?
(b) Any evidence from the night of Emily's death.
(c) News of the pregnancy.
(d) Marrone's interview with Chris.
4. What does Jordan get Marrone to admit about Emily?
(a) Emily definitely fired the gun.
(b) Emily was not tested for gunpowder residue.
(c) Emily had gunpowder residue on her.
(d) All tests indicate that Emily fired the gun.
5. What does James do when he visits Chris?
(a) Tells Chris that he is ashamed of him.
(b) Talks to him about anything but the case.
(c) Tells Chris that he can't support him.
(d) Promises to support him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Emily's recovered memories more intense?
2. What does Steve do when he is found guilty?
3. Which of Emily's friends is called to the stand?
4. What does Jordan get Melanie to admit while testifying at Chris' trial?
5. What is James planning since the incident at Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of story has Melanie given to a reporter?
2. How does Chris react to Steve's attempt to commit suicide?
3. Why is Jordan not interested in the truth?
4. Why does the blank note at the end seem appropriate?
5. How does Chris see the date of jury selection?
6. Why does Chris think that Emily withheld news of her pregnancy?
7. Why does Emily not go through with the abortion?
8. How does Detective Marrone present evidence at the trial?
9. What do the Golds do after the trial?
10. Describe Steve and why he is in jail.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)