|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Golds do after the trial?
(a) Sell their house.
(b) Apologize to Chris.
(c) Become friends with Gus and James again.
(d) Sue Gus and James.
2. What is Chris' cellmate accused of?
(a) Attempting to kill his wife.
(b) Killing his wife.
(c) Attempting to kill his infant son.
(d) Killing his infant son.
3. Who is sure that the case is won?
4. What does Delaney emphasize in Chris' testimony?
(a) That Emily pulled the trigger.
(b) That Chris pulled the trigger.
(c) That Emily provided the gun.
(d) That Chris provided the gun.
5. How does Chris feel when he picks up Emily on their last date in November 1997?
(c) Agitated and worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily's friend think of her suicide?
2. When is Emily's gravestone installed?
3. What does the discovery made by Selena suggest about Emily?
4. What does Chris do when the verdict is returned?
5. Where does Emily go to in the next town once she finds out something concerning her relationship with Chris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of story has Melanie given to a reporter?
2. How does Chris see the date of jury selection?
3. What does Emily's artwork show?
4. Why is Gus unable to say a proper goodbye to Michael?
5. Why does Gus believe that Chris is a hero?
6. Why does Selena look for a doctor to confirm Emily's pregnancy?
7. What kind of memories does Emily begin to have months before she dies?
8. What kind of woman has Melanie become as she takes the stand at the trial?
9. How does Chris react to Steve's attempt to commit suicide?
10. How does Chris act during his last date with Emily in November 1997?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)