|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Golds do after the trial?
(a) Sue Gus and James.
(b) Become friends with Gus and James again.
(c) Apologize to Chris.
(d) Sell their house.
2. Where do Emily and Chris decide to have their first intimate time?
(a) His room in his house.
(b) The carousel.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A park.
3. When is Emily's gravestone installed?
(a) Three months after her death.
(b) On her birthday.
(c) On the one-year anniversary of her death.
(d) On the six-month anniversary of her death.
4. What does Melanie do while testifying at Chris' trial?
(a) Recants her accusation that Chris is a murderer.
(b) Calls Chris a murderer in a tirade.
(c) Tells Chris that she is sorry.
(d) Has a nervous breakdown.
5. Why does the detective say she thinks that Chris killed Emily?
(a) Her instincts tell her that he did it.
(b) The path of the bullet suggests that he held the gun.
(c) He admitted it in the first interview.
(d) All evidence definitely points to Chris as the murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In May 1996, what is Emily having dreams and memories of?
2. Who is the first witness for the prosecution?
3. In December 1997, what does Gus overhear in the grocery store?
4. What memory does Emily have after being intimate with Chris?
5. What do the Golds say to the Hartes after the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chris react to Steve's attempt to commit suicide?
2. How does Gus react to James forgetting to mention Chris in an acceptance speech?
3. Why is Gus unable to say a proper goodbye to Michael?
4. Why does Chris think that Emily withheld news of her pregnancy?
5. What do the Golds do after the trial?
6. What does Jordan stress during the summation?
7. Describe Steve and why he is in jail.
8. What does Heather say during her testimony?
9. How does Detective Marrone present evidence at the trial?
10. What kind of memories does Emily begin to have months before she dies?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)