|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melanie find in Emily's room?
(a) Suicide note.
(b) A journal.
(c) Abortion pamphlet.
(d) Birth control.
2. Why does Chris agree to help Emily?
(a) He thinks that he can talk her out of it.
(b) He thinks that she will change her mind on her own.
(c) He will do anything she wants.
(d) He feels the same way as she does.
3. How long does Chris have to wait before he petitions for medium-security prison?
(a) A month.
(b) Almost a week.
(c) A day.
(d) He can't petition.
4. What happens during Emily's appointment for the abortion?
(a) She decides she'll have the baby and put it up for adoption.
(b) The abortion goes as planned.
(c) She panics and doesn't go through with it.
(d) She decides she wants to keep the baby.
5. What does the prosecutor say to explain why Chris killed Emily?
(a) He was an abusive boyfriend.
(b) He was cruel to her.
(c) He was suicidal and wanted her to die with him.
(d) He did it to prevent his future from being ruined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who testifies after Marrone?
2. In May 1997, what does Emily tell Chris?
3. What is Chris' cellmate accused of?
4. Whom does Michael agree to have coffee with after a visit to the jail?
5. What memory does Emily have after being intimate with Chris?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily respond to Chris when he begs her to stay alive out of love for him?
2. Describe Steve and why he is in jail.
3. Why does Chris refuse to talk about the night of Emily's death with Michael?
4. Why is Jordan not interested in the truth?
5. What does Emily's artwork show?
6. How does Emily begin her day on the day of her suicide?
7. What does Jordan stress during the summation?
8. How does Michael's decision to testify for the defense affect his marriage?
9. Why does Gus believe that Chris is a hero?
10. Why is Gus unable to say a proper goodbye to Michael?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)