|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What witness does Delaney call to the stand after the medical examiner?
(b) A doctor.
(c) The jewelry store clerk.
2. What does the information Chris imparts help Jordan decide?
(a) He can never allow Chris to take the stand.
(b) He has to hear the whole story from Chris.
(c) He must allow Chris to take the stand.
(d) He can't defend Chris anymore.
3. What does Steve do when he is found guilty?
(a) Kills himself.
(b) Starts a fight with the inmates.
(c) Attempts suicide.
(d) Causes a scene at the courthouse.
4. What has Michael agreed to do for the defense?
(a) Convince his wife of Chris' innocence.
(b) Drop some evidence.
5. What verdict does the jury return?
(b) Not guilty.
(c) The jury could not return a verdict.
(d) A mistrial occurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris insist on telling Jordan when he meets him in prison?
2. What do the Golds do after the trial?
3. What does Melanie do while testifying at Chris' trial?
4. Where do Emily and Chris decide to have their first intimate time?
5. What does Melanie find in Emily's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Golds do after the trial?
2. What does Jordan get Melanie to reveal while she is testifying?
3. What does Chris' decision to tell his father not to visit him again reveal?
4. How does Emily begin her day on the day of her suicide?
5. Why does the blank note at the end seem appropriate?
6. What kind of woman has Melanie become as she takes the stand at the trial?
7. Describe Steve and why he is in jail.
8. Why does Emily not go through with the abortion?
9. How does Gus react to James forgetting to mention Chris in an acceptance speech?
10. Why is Jordan not interested in the truth?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)