|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jordan get Melanie to admit while testifying at Chris' trial?
(a) That Emily was always depressed.
(b) That she was responsible for Emily's depression.
(c) That Chris didn't murder Emily.
(d) That she didn't know about the pregnancy.
2. What do the Golds do after the trial?
(a) Sell their house.
(b) Become friends with Gus and James again.
(c) Apologize to Chris.
(d) Sue Gus and James.
3. How does Jordan explain the bullet path in Emily's head?
(a) A robber could have shot her.
(b) Emily could have had someone other than Chris help her.
(c) He says the gun could have slipped.
(d) The bullet path was incorrectly determined.
4. What happens during Emily's appointment for the abortion?
(a) The abortion goes as planned.
(b) She decides she wants to keep the baby.
(c) She decides she'll have the baby and put it up for adoption.
(d) She panics and doesn't go through with it.
5. What does the discovery made by Selena suggest about Emily?
(a) Emily was always depressed.
(b) A change in Emily's emotional state.
(c) Emily feared for her life.
(d) Emily did not commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily decide against doing something for her parents?
2. What is Chris' cellmate accused of?
3. What verdict does the jury return?
4. Who is sure that the case is won?
5. Where do Emily and Chris decide to have their first intimate time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael's decision to testify for the defense affect his marriage?
2. How does Chris see the date of jury selection?
3. What kind of memories does Emily begin to have months before she dies?
4. Why is Gus unable to say a proper goodbye to Michael?
5. Why is Jordan not interested in the truth?
6. Why does Selena look for a doctor to confirm Emily's pregnancy?
7. What do the Golds do after the trial?
8. Why does Chris refuse to talk about the night of Emily's death with Michael?
9. How does Emily respond to Chris when he begs her to stay alive out of love for him?
10. How does Gus react to James forgetting to mention Chris in an acceptance speech?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)