|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have the Hartes been friends with their neighbors?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. What happens on the expert slope on the Christmas trip in 1993?
(a) Chris breaks his arm.
(b) Emily breaks her leg.
(c) Chris breaks his leg.
(d) Emily breaks her arm.
3. Who arrives to dinner first at the beginning of the story?
(a) Michael and Melanie.
(b) Gus and Michael.
(c) James and Gus.
(d) James and Melanie.
4. What does Marrone do about her suspicions about Chris?
(b) Talk to the prosecutor.
(c) She talks to Chris' mom.
(d) She talks to Jordan.
5. What happens when Chris and Emily spend the rest of the Christmas trip inside?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They argue a lot.
(c) They avoid each other.
(d) They stop being friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gus react to the news Melanie gives her after Emily's death?
2. What is the name of the family that the Hartes are friends with?
3. How does Chris react to the assumption that everyone in high school makes about their relationship?
4. Which children of the two couples are dating?
5. To where is Chris moved in November 1997?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Emily and Chris to break up temporarily?
2. What does Chris admit to bringing on his date with Emily?
3. What does Chris' reaction to the killing of the rabbit suggest?
4. Why is James' award not such a rewarding experience?
5. What is ironic about the theory that the detective has about the tragedy?
6. How do Emily and Chris' needs contrast?
7. What does Gus' dream of James rescuing both children show about her opinion of him?
8. Why does Gus relent and let the detective talk to Chris?
9. What happens to Chris and Emily in November 1997?
10. Why is Melanie unable to take part in funeral preparations?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)