|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chris react upon killing a rabbit?
(a) He throws up.
(b) He reacts happily.
(c) He reacts angrily.
(d) He wants to continue hunting.
2. What reaction do Melanie and Michael have upon finding out about Emily's condition at the time of death?
(a) They knew about her condition.
3. What job does Michael have?
(a) Eye doctor.
4. What does Marrone do about her suspicions about Chris?
(a) Talk to the prosecutor.
(c) She talks to Jordan.
(d) She talks to Chris' mom.
5. What does Gus think of what James does during the dinner party when the dog acts up?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is neutral.
(c) None of the above.
(d) She is devastated.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is Chris moved in November 1997?
2. What are the names of the Hartes' children?
3. What does Chris tell the detective?
4. What does Melanie tell Gus some time after Emily's death?
5. What reaction does Emily have when she completes the dare that Chris prompted as a comeback to her dare at the sleepover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the path of the bullet in Emily's head suggest?
2. What is ironic about the theory that the detective has about the tragedy?
3. What is interesting about Gus at first being upset at James for killing the dog?
4. How does Gus react to news of Emily's death?
5. How did Gus and Melanie bond so quickly when they first met?
6. What causes Emily and Chris to break up temporarily?
7. How do the Golds and Hartes contrast?
8. What does Chris' reaction to the killing of the rabbit suggest?
9. Why does Gus try to keep the police from talking to Chris?
10. What makes it clear that Melanie is still grieving when she returns to work?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)