|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Hartes and Golds meet for dinner?
(a) Golds' house.
(b) Italian restaurant.
(c) Hartes' house.
(d) Chinese restaurant.
2. What does the dog do that frustrates Gus and James?
(a) The dog has fleas.
(b) Begs for affection.
(c) Won't sleep outside.
(d) Vomits and wets on the rugs.
3. What did the Golds learn in the hospital in November 1997?
(a) Their daughter was shot but survived.
(b) Christopher died.
(c) Their daughter died.
(d) Their daughter killed Christopher.
4. What does Melanie find out in mid-November 1997?
(a) Emily had ordered a watch for Chris' birthday.
(b) Emily had ordered a watch for another man.
(c) Emily had an abortion.
(d) Emily had bought a car for Chris.
5. What does Gus think of what James does during the dinner party when the dog acts up?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She is devastated.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is neutral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris dare Emily to do one night on their Christmas trip in 1993?
2. How does Chris react upon killing a rabbit?
3. To where is Chris moved in November 1997?
4. What reaction do Melanie and Michael have upon finding out about Emily's condition at the time of death?
5. What kind of business does Gus run?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Emily and Chris' needs contrast?
2. What does Gus' dream of James rescuing both children show about her opinion of him?
3. How do the parents react to seeing Emily and Chris begin a relationship?
4. How does the euthanasia of the dog affect Chris?
5. What does Chris admit to bringing on his date with Emily?
6. Why does Gus try to keep the police from talking to Chris?
7. What does the euthanasia of the dog represent?
8. How did Gus and Melanie bond so quickly when they first met?
9. How does Emily break her leg?
10. What happens when Emily dares Chris to kiss her?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)