|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone assume about Chris and Emily in high school?
(a) That they are married.
(b) That they are intimate.
(c) They are wrong for each other.
(d) That they are going to break up any minute.
2. Why is Gus concerned about Chris when she catches him stealing the book?
(a) He is too old to be so childish.
(b) He is too young to be curious about this subject.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He should know better than to look at things like that.
3. How does Emily die?
(a) Drowning incident.
(b) Overdose of drugs.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Gunshot wound.
4. Why doesn't Chris attend Emily's funeral?
(a) The doctors won't let him.
(b) He didn't know about the funeral.
(c) He doesn't want to.
(d) He is in a coma.
5. Whom does James find at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Gus run?
2. Who arrives to dinner first at the beginning of the story?
3. What does Chris dare Emily to do one night on their Christmas trip in 1993?
4. Why does Melanie become upset when Michael presents clothes for Emily at the funeral home?
5. How does Chris plead at court during his arraignment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is James' award not such a rewarding experience?
2. What does Chris admit to bringing on his date with Emily?
3. What does the path of the bullet in Emily's head suggest?
4. How does Emily and Chris' relationship begin?
5. What makes it clear that Melanie is still grieving when she returns to work?
6. What happens to Chris and Emily in November 1997?
7. Why does Melanie latch onto the idea that Chris killed Emily?
8. How do the parents react to seeing Emily and Chris begin a relationship?
9. What makes Chris appear to be innocent?
10. Why is it important for the reader to see the beginning of Gus and Melanie's friendship?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)