|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jordan have Chris emphasize while he testifies?
(a) That Chris didn't have the intention of killing himself or Emily.
(b) That Emily didn't intend to kill herself.
(c) That Chris didn't pull the trigger.
(d) That Chris wasn't present at the scene.
2. What does Delaney ask Chris to do?
(a) Hold a gun to her head for the jury to see.
(b) Hold a gun to his own head to show how Emily did it to herself.
(c) Hold a gun to Selena's head for the jury to see.
(d) Hold a gun to Jordan's head for the jury to see.
3. What does Chris insist on telling Jordan when he meets him in prison?
(a) He killed Emily.
(b) He was never suicidal.
(c) Emily tried to kill him.
(d) He was suicidal.
4. What does the prosecutor say to explain why Chris killed Emily?
(a) He did it to prevent his future from being ruined.
(b) He was an abusive boyfriend.
(c) He was suicidal and wanted her to die with him.
(d) He was cruel to her.
5. Whom does Selena meet with?
6. What does Selena discover about Chris in her research about him?
(a) He is pro-life.
(b) He had cheated on Emily.
(c) He wanted to break up with Emily.
(d) He hates children.
7. What does Gus find in the local newspaper at the grocery store?
(a) Interviews with James about the case.
(b) Interviews with herself about the case.
(c) Interviews with Jordan about the case.
(d) Interviews with Melanie about the case.
8. What is Chris' cellmate accused of?
(a) Killing his infant son.
(b) Attempting to kill his wife.
(c) Killing his wife.
(d) Attempting to kill his infant son.
9. Why does the detective say she thinks that Chris killed Emily?
(a) Her instincts tell her that he did it.
(b) He admitted it in the first interview.
(c) All evidence definitely points to Chris as the murderer.
(d) The path of the bullet suggests that he held the gun.
10. How does Emily feel when Chris picks her up for their last date?
11. What does Selena discover during her visit for research on the case?
(a) Nothing of relevance.
(b) A disturbing painting by Emily.
(c) A disturbing essay by Emily.
(d) She sees no signs of depression in Emily's work.
12. How does Melanie react to news of Michael meeting up with Gus?
13. In May 1997, what does Emily tell Chris?
(a) She wants to run away.
(b) She wants to break up with him.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) She wants to die.
14. Why does Chris agree to help Emily?
(a) He thinks that he can talk her out of it.
(b) He thinks that she will change her mind on her own.
(c) He feels the same way as she does.
(d) He will do anything she wants.
15. Whom does Selena visit for research on the case?
(b) Chris' art teacher.
(c) Emily's art teacher.
(d) Emily's English teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jordan get Marrone to admit about Emily?
2. What happens when Gus tries to talk to Melanie?
3. What do the Golds do after the trial?
4. What does Melanie do while testifying at Chris' trial?
5. What does the information Chris imparts help Jordan decide?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)