|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steve do when he is found guilty?
(a) Causes a scene at the courthouse.
(b) Starts a fight with the inmates.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Attempts suicide.
2. Where does Emily go to in the next town once she finds out something concerning her relationship with Chris?
(a) Her doctor.
(b) A gynecologist.
(c) An abortion clinic.
(d) Planned Parenthood.
3. What does Jordan get Melanie to admit while testifying at Chris' trial?
(a) That Emily was always depressed.
(b) That she was responsible for Emily's depression.
(c) That Chris didn't murder Emily.
(d) That she didn't know about the pregnancy.
4. What does Delaney ask Chris to do?
(a) Hold a gun to Jordan's head for the jury to see.
(b) Hold a gun to her head for the jury to see.
(c) Hold a gun to his own head to show how Emily did it to herself.
(d) Hold a gun to Selena's head for the jury to see.
5. Why does Emily decide against doing something for her parents?
(a) She decides that they don't need it.
(b) She forgets about it.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She doesn't know what to say.
6. Which of Emily's friends is called to the stand?
7. Whom does Selena visit for research on the case?
(a) Chris' art teacher.
(b) Emily's art teacher.
(c) Emily's English teacher.
8. What does Jordan do with the jewelry store clerk's testimony?
(a) Shows how Emily must have been murdered.
(b) Asks the judge to throw it out.
(c) Shows how fast Emily's mental state declined.
(d) Shows how Emily was always depressed.
9. What date does the jury selection coincidentally fall on?
(a) Anniversary of Chris and Emily's relationship.
(b) Emily's birthday.
(c) Anniversary of Emily's death.
(d) Chris' birthday.
10. What happens during Emily's appointment for the abortion?
(a) She decides she'll have the baby and put it up for adoption.
(b) She decides she wants to keep the baby.
(c) The abortion goes as planned.
(d) She panics and doesn't go through with it.
11. In May 1996, what is Emily having dreams and memories of?
(a) A car accident.
(b) Physical abuse.
(c) Mental abuse.
(d) Sexual assault.
12. What does Jordan have Chris emphasize while he testifies?
(a) That Chris wasn't present at the scene.
(b) That Emily didn't intend to kill herself.
(c) That Chris didn't pull the trigger.
(d) That Chris didn't have the intention of killing himself or Emily.
13. What does Gus find in the local newspaper at the grocery store?
(a) Interviews with Melanie about the case.
(b) Interviews with James about the case.
(c) Interviews with herself about the case.
(d) Interviews with Jordan about the case.
14. How long does Chris have to wait before he petitions for medium-security prison?
(a) Almost a week.
(b) He can't petition.
(c) A day.
(d) A month.
15. What does the discovery made by Selena suggest about Emily?
(a) Emily feared for her life.
(b) A change in Emily's emotional state.
(c) Emily did not commit suicide.
(d) Emily was always depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puts Chris on a five-day lockdown while in prison?
2. Who is the first witness for the prosecution?
3. What memory does Emily have after being intimate with Chris?
4. How does Jordan explain the bullet path in Emily's head?
5. What does Steve give Chris while in prison?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)