|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Golds say to the Hartes after the trial?
(a) They are sorry that Chris is not in jail.
(b) They don't say a word.
(c) They cannot be friends with them.
(d) They are sorry.
2. What does Chris insist on telling Jordan when he meets him in prison?
(a) He killed Emily.
(b) Emily tried to kill him.
(c) He was suicidal.
(d) He was never suicidal.
3. What does Gus find in the local newspaper at the grocery store?
(a) Interviews with Jordan about the case.
(b) Interviews with herself about the case.
(c) Interviews with James about the case.
(d) Interviews with Melanie about the case.
4. What does Selena discover about Chris in her research about him?
(a) He wanted to break up with Emily.
(b) He hates children.
(c) He is pro-life.
(d) He had cheated on Emily.
5. How does Melanie react to news of Michael meeting up with Gus?
6. What does Jordan do with the jewelry store clerk's testimony?
(a) Shows how fast Emily's mental state declined.
(b) Shows how Emily must have been murdered.
(c) Shows how Emily was always depressed.
(d) Asks the judge to throw it out.
7. What does Delaney hope to establish through the witness called after the medical examiner?
(a) That Emily didn't intend to die.
(b) That Emily's death was accidental.
(c) That Emily intended to die.
(d) That Emily was murdered by someone other than Chris.
8. How does Jordan explain the bullet path in Emily's head?
(a) A robber could have shot her.
(b) The bullet path was incorrectly determined.
(c) He says the gun could have slipped.
(d) Emily could have had someone other than Chris help her.
9. What does Melanie find in Emily's room?
(a) Suicide note.
(b) Birth control.
(c) A journal.
(d) Abortion pamphlet.
10. What puts Chris on a five-day lockdown while in prison?
(a) A planted illegal cigarette.
(b) A hidden weapon in his cell.
(c) An attempt to escape from jail.
(d) A fight with his cellmate.
11. What does Jordan tell the jury about Emily's death?
(a) It was an accidental death.
(b) Chris killed Emily.
(c) Chris and Emily had a suicide pact that he couldn't fulfill.
(d) Emily committed suicide without Chris' presence.
12. What does Melanie do in Emily's room?
(a) Removes everything.
(b) Removes any trace of Chris.
(c) Removes any trace of Emily.
(d) Searches for evidence.
13. What does Marrone say about the gun?
(a) Tests indicate that Emily fired it.
(b) Tests indicate that someone other than Chris and Emily fired it.
(c) Tests were inconclusive.
(d) Tests indicate that it had only Chris' fingerprints on the handle.
14. What is Chris' cellmate accused of?
(a) Killing his wife.
(b) Attempting to kill his wife.
(c) Attempting to kill his infant son.
(d) Killing his infant son.
15. Whom does Michael unexpectedly visit December 1997?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the information Chris imparts help Jordan decide?
2. What does the discovery made by Selena suggest about Emily?
3. Whom does Michael agree to have coffee with after a visit to the jail?
4. Who is Selena Damascus?
5. What does Jordan stress in his summation at the end of the trial?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)