|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Chris and Emily spend the rest of the Christmas trip inside?
(a) They avoid each other.
(b) They kiss.
(c) They argue a lot.
(d) They stop being friends.
2. Why doesn't Melanie participate in the interview regarding her daughter's death?
(a) She is still in shock.
(b) She doesn't want to contribute any information.
(c) She is not asked to participate.
(d) She is in denial.
3. What does Marrone do about her suspicions about Chris?
(a) Talk to the prosecutor.
(b) She talks to Chris' mom.
(d) She talks to Jordan.
4. What are the names of the Hartes' children?
(a) Christopher and Kate.
(b) Christopher and Selena.
(c) Kate and Emily.
(d) Christopher and Emily.
5. What does everyone assume about Chris and Emily in high school?
(a) That they are intimate.
(b) That they are married.
(c) They are wrong for each other.
(d) That they are going to break up any minute.
6. Why does Melanie tell Gus certain things after Emily's death?
(a) Because she believes that Chris murdered Emily.
(b) Because she doesn't want to lose their friendship.
(c) Because she knows Gus is enduring an ordeal because of the charges.
(d) Because she loves her.
7. What is the name of the family that the Hartes are friends with?
8. What dream does Gus have after she returns home from her short separation from James?
(a) James has to choose between the kids and Gus.
(b) James brings the dog back to life.
(c) James helps rescue both kids.
(d) James has to choose between the kids.
9. What does Chris do when he is single?
(a) Begs Emily to take him back.
(b) Dates another girl.
(d) Stalks Emily.
10. What happens after Emily does the dare that Chris prompted in 1989?
(a) Emily gets angry at him and stops being friends with him.
(b) They both get in trouble.
(c) They are forbidden from seeing each other anymore.
(d) They get away with it.
11. What kind of job does Gus have the night of the dinner in 1997?
(a) Managing the restaurant.
(b) Selling items.
(c) Waiting in line for concert tickets.
(d) Restaurant quality survey.
12. How does Gus react to the news Melanie gives her after Emily's death?
(a) She is horrified.
(b) She is satisfied.
(c) She is devastated.
(d) She saw it coming.
13. Where do the Hartes and Golds meet for dinner?
(a) Italian restaurant.
(b) Chinese restaurant.
(c) Hartes' house.
(d) Golds' house.
14. What does Chris dare Emily to do one night on their Christmas trip in 1993?
(a) Scare her parents.
(b) Smoke a cigarette.
(c) Take a drink of liquor.
(d) Scare his parents.
15. What do James and Chris do on the Christmas trip in 1993?
(a) Go surfing.
(b) They don't spend time with each other.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Go to the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Gus finds outside her son's hospital room?
2. Who is married to Melanie?
3. What recurring dream does Gus have?
4. What does Chris dare Emily to do in the flashback to 1989?
5. Who is waiting for Melanie and Michael when they arrive home from the hospital in November 1997?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)