|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily dare Chris to do at a sleepover?
(a) Prank call her dad.
(b) Go into the ladies' bathroom of a McDonalds.
(c) Prank call her mom.
(d) Kiss her.
2. What does Chris insist on doing once he is home from the hospital?
(a) Moving away.
(b) Visiting Emily's grave.
(c) Finding a new girlfriend.
(d) Changing schools.
3. What else does the autopsy report show?
(a) Emily was beaten.
(b) Cause of death is unknown.
(c) Emily was pregnant.
(d) Emily had cancer.
4. What do the Golds and Hartes do for Christmas 1993?
(a) Take a ski trip.
(b) Go to Hawaii.
(c) Stay home.
(d) Go to Canada.
5. How does Chris get back at Emily on the Christmas trip in 1993?
(a) Dares her to go down an expert slope.
(b) Blames her for something she didn't do.
(c) Gets her into trouble.
(d) Stops being friends with her.
6. What do James and Chris do on the Christmas trip in 1993?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) They don't spend time with each other.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Go surfing.
7. Who is waiting for Melanie and Michael when they arrive home from the hospital in November 1997?
(c) Detective Marrone.
8. To where is Chris moved in November 1997?
(a) Psychiatric ward.
(b) Another country.
(c) Rehabilitation ward.
(d) Another city.
9. What month and year does the book open up in?
(a) November 1989.
(b) February 1997.
(c) November 1997.
(d) November 1998.
10. What does Melanie do a few weeks after Emily's death?
(a) Divorces her husband.
(b) Quits her job.
(c) Returns to work.
(d) Reconnects with Gus.
11. Where does Melanie take Michael the morning after Chris is arrested?
(a) To jail to visit Chris.
(b) To Gus and James' house.
(c) To the county courthouse.
(d) To their favorite restaurant.
12. What does Emily do when Chris is dating someone else?
(a) She decides that she hates him.
(b) She dates someone else.
(c) She harasses his girlfriend.
(d) She begs him to take her back.
13. What is the name of the person that Gus finds outside her son's hospital room?
14. Why doesn't Melanie participate in the interview regarding her daughter's death?
(a) She is not asked to participate.
(b) She doesn't want to contribute any information.
(c) She is still in shock.
(d) She is in denial.
15. What does Marrone do about her suspicions about Chris?
(b) She talks to Jordan.
(c) She talks to Chris' mom.
(d) Talk to the prosecutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gus concerned about Chris when she catches him stealing the book?
2. What does Michael wake up to find Melanie doing the day after Chris is arrested for murder?
3. How does Michael explain James' actions concerning the family dog?
4. Who helps Melanie when she goes into labor?
5. What happens when Chris and Emily spend the rest of the Christmas trip inside?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)