|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is Chris moved in November 1997?
(a) Psychiatric ward.
(b) Another city.
(c) Another country.
(d) Rehabilitation ward.
2. How do Chris and Emily communicate while they are grounded?
(b) Morse code through flashlights.
(c) Instant messages.
3. What does Chris tell the detective?
(a) Emily tried to kill Chris.
(b) A robber shot Emily.
(c) Chris killed Emily.
(d) Emily committed suicide.
4. What does Marrone do about her suspicions about Chris?
(a) Talk to the prosecutor.
(b) She talks to Chris' mom.
(c) She talks to Jordan.
5. Where does Melanie take Michael the morning after Chris is arrested?
(a) To the county courthouse.
(b) To Gus and James' house.
(c) To jail to visit Chris.
(d) To their favorite restaurant.
6. What else does the autopsy report show?
(a) Cause of death is unknown.
(b) Emily was beaten.
(c) Emily had cancer.
(d) Emily was pregnant.
7. What is the police detective's name?
(b) Anne-Marie Marrone.
8. What does James do during a dinner party when the dog acts up?
(a) He gives the dog away.
(b) He takes the dog to the woods and shoots it.
(c) He puts the dog to sleep at his office.
(d) He finds a specialist for the dog.
9. What happens when Chris and Emily fight about intimacy?
(a) Chris forces Emily to do what he wants.
(b) Chris lets up on the pressure.
(c) They break up.
(d) Emily gives in.
10. Why is Gus concerned about Chris when she catches him stealing the book?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He should know better than to look at things like that.
(c) He is too young to be curious about this subject.
(d) He is too old to be so childish.
11. What dream does Gus have after she returns home from her short separation from James?
(a) James has to choose between the kids.
(b) James brings the dog back to life.
(c) James has to choose between the kids and Gus.
(d) James helps rescue both kids.
12. How does Chris plead at court during his arraignment?
(a) He doesn't get the opportunity to plead.
(b) Not guilty.
(c) No contest.
13. Who is waiting for Melanie and Michael when they arrive home from the hospital in November 1997?
(a) Detective Marrone.
14. What happens in mid-November 1997?
(a) Melanie gets calls asking for Emily.
(b) James gets calls asking for Emily.
(c) Gus gets calls asking for Emily.
(d) Christopher gets calls asking for Emily.
15. What does Gus do after the dog dies?
(a) She moves in with the Golds for a few days.
(b) She buys a new dog.
(c) She cleans out all memories of the dog.
(d) She buys a cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is married to Gus?
2. What does the dog do that frustrates Gus and James?
3. Who arrives to dinner first at the beginning of the story?
4. How does Emily die?
5. What happens when Chris and Emily spend the rest of the Christmas trip inside?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)