|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris do when he is single?
(a) Dates another girl.
(b) Begs Emily to take him back.
(d) Stalks Emily.
2. What is the police detective's name?
(b) Anne-Marie Marrone.
3. How does Gus react to the news Melanie gives her after Emily's death?
(a) She is horrified.
(b) She saw it coming.
(c) She is satisfied.
(d) She is devastated.
4. What does Michael wake up to find Melanie doing the day after Chris is arrested for murder?
(a) Calling a lawyer.
(b) Tearing the house apart.
(c) Making breakfast.
5. Who helps Melanie when she goes into labor?
6. What is the name of the Golds' child?
7. Why doesn't Chris fulfill his end of the pact?
(a) The gun malfunctions.
(b) He passes out before he can kill himself.
(c) He runs out of bullets.
(d) He realizes that he can't kill himself.
8. How does Michael explain James' actions concerning the family dog?
(a) He was cruel.
(b) He did not think his actions through.
(c) He was hasty in his actions.
(d) He was putting the dog out of its misery.
9. Why is Gus concerned about Chris when she catches him stealing the book?
(a) He is too old to be so childish.
(b) He should know better than to look at things like that.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He is too young to be curious about this subject.
10. What does Emily do when Chris is dating someone else?
(a) She decides that she hates him.
(b) She begs him to take her back.
(c) She dates someone else.
(d) She harasses his girlfriend.
11. What does Chris reveal in an interview with Marrone?
(a) He provided the gun.
(b) He knew that Emily was pregnant.
(c) He wasn't even there the night of Emily's death.
(d) He wanted Emily to have an abortion.
12. Who arrives to dinner first at the beginning of the story?
(a) James and Gus.
(b) James and Melanie.
(c) Michael and Melanie.
(d) Gus and Michael.
13. How do Chris and Emily communicate while they are grounded?
(a) Morse code through flashlights.
(b) Instant messages.
14. What is the name of the family that the Hartes are friends with?
15. Where is Melanie's husband while she is in labor?
(a) He is away on a call.
(b) He is at dinner with a friend.
(c) He is with Melanie.
(d) He is out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Chris during his birthday dinner in 1997?
2. Whom does James find at the hospital?
3. What does Melanie tell Gus some time after Emily's death?
4. What does Melanie insist that Michael do the morning after Chris is arrested?
5. Where do the Hartes and Golds meet for dinner?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)