1. How do the Golds and Hartes contrast?
Melanie Gold and James Harte are more quiet and introverted, while Gus Harte and Michael Gold are more outgoing and talkative.
2. What occupation does Melanie hold, and how does it complement her personality?
Melanie is a librarian, and it reflects her quiet personality and her being most interested in facts.
3. What happens to Chris and Emily in November 1997?
In November 1997, Emily is killed by a gunshot wound and Chris has a head injury.
4. How does Gus react to news of Emily's death?
Gus reacts to Emily's death by getting into a very protective mode and wants to know all the information to protect Chris.
5. Why does Gus try to keep the police from talking to Chris?
Gus tries to keep the police from talking to Chris because she doesn't want him to find out that Emily died through them.
This section contains 2,184 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)