1. What month and year does the book open up in?
2. What is the name of the family that the Hartes are friends with?
3. How long have the Hartes been friends with their neighbors?
4. Where do the Hartes and Golds meet for dinner?
5. Who arrives to dinner first at the beginning of the story?
James and Melanie.
6. What kind of business does Gus run?
A business involving standing in lines for clients.
7. What kind of job does Gus have the night of the dinner in 1997?
Waiting in line for concert tickets.
8. What do the couples in the beginning of the book talk about at dinner?
This section contains 4,607 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)