|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, The Boy Next Door: Then, December 1993 and Now, Mid to Late November 1997.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Golds' child?
2. What does Chris tell the detective?
(a) Chris killed Emily.
(b) Emily committed suicide.
(c) A robber shot Emily.
(d) Emily tried to kill Chris.
3. What do the Golds and Hartes do for Christmas 1993?
(a) Stay home.
(b) Go to Hawaii.
(c) Go to Canada.
(d) Take a ski trip.
4. How does Melanie meet Gus?
(a) Registering her daughter for school.
(b) Gus helps her unpack when she moves in next door.
(c) Melanie knocks on Gus's door for help.
(d) At the supermarket.
5. What does Gus think of what James does during the dinner party when the dog acts up?
(a) She is devastated.
(b) She is neutral.
(c) She is happy.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gus react to the news Melanie gives her after Emily's death?
2. What is the name of the family that the Hartes are friends with?
3. What happens when Chris and Emily spend the rest of the Christmas trip inside?
4. What do the couples in the beginning of the book talk about at dinner?
5. Who helps Melanie pick out an outfit for Emily's funeral?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)