|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Girl Next Door: Now, December 1997 and Then, May 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Melanie tell Gus certain things after Emily's death?
(a) Because she believes that Chris murdered Emily.
(b) Because she knows Gus is enduring an ordeal because of the charges.
(c) Because she loves her.
(d) Because she doesn't want to lose their friendship.
2. What reaction do Melanie and Michael have upon finding out about Emily's condition at the time of death?
(a) They knew about her condition.
3. Why does Melanie become upset when Michael presents clothes for Emily at the funeral home?
(a) Melanie wanted to choose the outfit herself.
(b) He chose an outfit that Emily would never have worn.
(c) The outfit is dirty.
(d) The outfit is ripped.
4. Why does Emily agree to appease to Chris' desires?
(a) She is afraid of losing him.
(b) He forces her to appease him.
(c) She feels that it's her only choice.
(d) She doesn't agree to appease him.
5. What recurring dream does Gus have?
(a) Getting into a car accident with her kids.
(b) Her son committing suicide.
(c) Choosing between her kids in a carjacking.
(d) Choosing between her husband and child in a carjacking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris dare Emily to do as a comeback for her dare at the sleepover?
2. What do Gus and Melanie have in common?
3. What happens after Emily does the dare that Chris prompted in 1989?
4. What does Chris dare Emily to do in the flashback to 1989?
5. What does Melanie insist that Michael do the morning after Chris is arrested?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)