|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Girl Next Door: Now, December 1997 and Then, May 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dog do that frustrates Gus and James?
(a) The dog has fleas.
(b) Won't sleep outside.
(c) Begs for affection.
(d) Vomits and wets on the rugs.
2. What is the police detective's name?
(b) Anne-Marie Marrone.
3. What happens when Chris and Emily fight about intimacy?
(a) Chris lets up on the pressure.
(b) Chris forces Emily to do what he wants.
(c) They break up.
(d) Emily gives in.
4. What happens after Emily does the dare that Chris prompted in 1989?
(a) They get away with it.
(b) They both get in trouble.
(c) They are forbidden from seeing each other anymore.
(d) Emily gets angry at him and stops being friends with him.
5. Why is Gus concerned about Chris when she catches him stealing the book?
(a) He is too young to be curious about this subject.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He should know better than to look at things like that.
(d) He is too old to be so childish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chris' cellmate accused of?
2. What reaction do Melanie and Michael have upon finding out about Emily's condition at the time of death?
3. What does Gus think of what James does during the dinner party when the dog acts up?
4. How does Gus react to the news Melanie gives her after Emily's death?
5. What does Gus do after the dog dies?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)