Part One, The Boy Next Door: Now, November 1997
1. What month and year does the book open up in?
(a) November 1997.
(b) November 1998.
(c) February 1997.
(d) November 1989.
2. What is the name of the family that the Hartes are friends with?
3. How long have the Hartes been friends with their neighbors?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. Where do the Hartes and Golds meet for dinner?
(a) Italian restaurant.
(b) Golds' house.
(c) Hartes' house.
(d) Chinese restaurant.
5. Who arrives to dinner first at the beginning of the story?
(a) James and Melanie.
(b) Michael and Melanie.
(c) Gus and Michael.
(d) James and Gus.
6. What kind of business does Gus run?
(b) A business involving standing in lines for clients.
(c) Restaurant chain.
7. What kind of job does Gus have the night of the dinner in 1997?
(a) Selling items.
(b) Restaurant quality survey.
(c) Waiting in line for concert tickets.
(d) Managing the restaurant.
8. What do the couples in the beginning of the book talk about at dinner?
(a) Their dislike of the children's relationship.
(b) Their upcoming vacation.
(c) The quality of their restaurant service.
(d) Their children.
This section contains 4,607 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)