Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a primate way of socializing?
2. According to McConnell, where do dogs not necessarily like to be petted?
3. What kind of breed needs a lot of activity, according to McConnell?
4. Why should an owner give two pats on the dog's head after saying the command to curb unwanted behavior?
5. In a dog-to-dog relationship, what is NOT a sign of submissiveness?
Essay Topic 1
Using McConnell's observations from the book, compare and contrast wolves and dogs. How does each behave in packs? What do they share in terms of ancestry? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
What makes a happy, comfortable home for both humans and dogs according to McConnell? How can humans provide a safe and happy home for their animals?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of habituation in relation to dog training in the book.
1) Provide four examples of habituation in dogs.
2) Provide four methods to counteract habituation in dogs.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)