Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a primate way of socializing?
2. According to McConnell, where do dogs not necessarily like to be petted?
3. What kind of breed needs a lot of activity, according to McConnell?
4. Why should an owner give two pats on the dog's head after saying the command to curb unwanted behavior?
5. In a dog-to-dog relationship, what is NOT a sign of submissiveness?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between physical space and the body in the book. How important are physical movements in terms of training? How do dogs perceive physical space?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss paedomorphism.
1) Why are both humans and dogs paedomorphic?
2) Provide five example of paedomorphism in humans and 5 examples in dogs.
3) What is the relationship between paedomorphic behavior and mental and physical well-being?
Essay Topic 3
According to McConnell, rehoming is sometimes necessary. Provide two examples of rehoming from the book. Do you agree or disagree with McConnell's point of view?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)