|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word an owner should give once the dog has waited at the door for a moment?
2. What do many owners call deviance from normal behavior that is inaccurate, according to McConnell?
3. Why is constant contact with humans and other dogs important for dogs?
4. Who is usually confident in his position in the social hierarchy?
5. According to McConnell, what should an owner NOT assume about petting her or his dog?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of habituation in relation to dog training in the book.
1) Provide four examples of habituation in dogs.
2) Provide four methods to counteract habituation in dogs.
Essay Topic 2
Choose four breeds and discuss their attributes, including physical traits, temperament, country of origin, what each was bred for, and their ideal home.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss dog training in the book by choosing five commands and illustrating step-by-step how to dog to learn them. Then, discuss the overall approach from a critical standpoint. What does dog training reveal about the way humans learn? Are they comparable?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)