|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McConnell, where does the most aggression in a social hierarchy occur?
2. What three things should an owner do to prevent a dog from leaping onto her or his lap?
3. According to McConnell, what is NOT a reliable indicator of personality?
4. According to McConnell, do individual wolves leave their pack?
5. Why is it important to ask a breeder about a dog's lineage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss paedomorphism.
1) Why are both humans and dogs paedomorphic?
2) Provide five example of paedomorphism in humans and 5 examples in dogs.
3) What is the relationship between paedomorphic behavior and mental and physical well-being?
Essay Topic 2
McConnell's discussion of dogs provides insight into how humans and animals deal with conflict.
1) Provide five examples of conflict from the book and the resolution of each.
2) Discuss how people can learn from dog training to resolve conflict in everyday life.
Essay Topic 3
Using McConnell's observations from the book, compare and contrast wolves and dogs. How does each behave in packs? What do they share in terms of ancestry? How are they different?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)