Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a primate way of socializing?
2. According to McConnell, where do dogs not necessarily like to be petted?
3. What kind of breed needs a lot of activity, according to McConnell?
4. Why should an owner give two pats on the dog's head after saying the command to curb unwanted behavior?
5. In a dog-to-dog relationship, what is NOT a sign of submissiveness?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Puppy Mills. What are they and why should prospective owners avoid them? What role should the government have in regulating them?
Essay Topic 2
Using McConnell's observations from the book, compare and contrast wolves and dogs. How does each behave in packs? What do they share in terms of ancestry? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
McConnell's discussion of dogs provides insight into how humans and animals deal with conflict.
1) Provide five examples of conflict from the book and the resolution of each.
2) Discuss how people can learn from dog training to resolve conflict in everyday life.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)