Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a primate way of socializing?
2. According to McConnell, where do dogs not necessarily like to be petted?
3. What kind of breed needs a lot of activity, according to McConnell?
4. Why should an owner give two pats on the dog's head after saying the command to curb unwanted behavior?
5. In a dog-to-dog relationship, what is NOT a sign of submissiveness?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how a prospective owner should choose a dog.
1) Where should prospective owners look?
2) What qualities should a prospective owner look for in a dog?
3) What considerations should a prospective owner make before adopting or buying a dog?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss dog training in the book by choosing five commands and illustrating step-by-step how to dog to learn them. Then, discuss the overall approach from a critical standpoint. What does dog training reveal about the way humans learn? Are they comparable?
Essay Topic 3
McConnell discusses Motherese in the book to illustrate several ways humans and dogs communicate. What is Motherese and how does it influence human and dog communication?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)