|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides giving a dog a command to wait at the door, what else does McConnell suggest an owner do?
2. What is the word an owner should give once the dog has waited at the door for a moment?
3. According to McConnell, what should an owner NOT assume about petting her or his dog?
4. What are elephants famous for in the way they respond to death?
5. Why does McConnell dislike her least favorite responsibility?
Essay Topic 1
Choose four breeds and discuss their attributes, including physical traits, temperament, country of origin, what each was bred for, and their ideal home.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss dog training in the book by choosing five commands and illustrating step-by-step how to dog to learn them. Then, discuss the overall approach from a critical standpoint. What does dog training reveal about the way humans learn? Are they comparable?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Puppy Mills. What are they and why should prospective owners avoid them? What role should the government have in regulating them?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)