|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McConnell, do individual wolves leave their pack?
2. What example does McConnell provide that is an analogous to leaving a pack?
3. Besides giving a dog a command to wait at the door, what else does McConnell suggest an owner do?
4. Does McConnell believe that dogs can be moody?
5. Why is a treat more appreciated for a reward than a pet on the head according to McConnell?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose and function of affection in the book. Compare and contrast the ways in which humans and dogs both perceive and express affection.
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss paedomorphism.
1) Why are both humans and dogs paedomorphic?
2) Provide five example of paedomorphism in humans and 5 examples in dogs.
3) What is the relationship between paedomorphic behavior and mental and physical well-being?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how a prospective owner should choose a dog.
1) Where should prospective owners look?
2) What qualities should a prospective owner look for in a dog?
3) What considerations should a prospective owner make before adopting or buying a dog?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)