|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a primate way of socializing?
2. According to McConnell, where do dogs not necessarily like to be petted?
3. What kind of breed needs a lot of activity, according to McConnell?
4. Why should an owner give two pats on the dog's head after saying the command to curb unwanted behavior?
5. In a dog-to-dog relationship, what is NOT a sign of submissiveness?
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss paedomorphism.
1) Why are both humans and dogs paedomorphic?
2) Provide five example of paedomorphism in humans and 5 examples in dogs.
3) What is the relationship between paedomorphic behavior and mental and physical well-being?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between physical space and the body in the book. How important are physical movements in terms of training? How do dogs perceive physical space?
Essay Topic 3
What makes a happy, comfortable home for both humans and dogs according to McConnell? How can humans provide a safe and happy home for their animals?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)