Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McConnell, both humans and dogs are ______and_______.
2. According to McConnell, what do decades of research indicate about what almost all dogs respond to?
3. What will primates do with the objects around them?
4. When an owner yells at a dog to stop barking, what is she or he encouraging the dog to do?
5. What is "doggie play bow"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the differences between the way humans and dogs show affection, and why is it significant?
2. What is the "guy-with-the-gold-chain" hypothesis and what does it signify?
3. What myth do humans perpetuate about how dogs respond to them, and what does it signify?
4. In what ways are dogs' personalities similar to humans, and why is it significant?
5. What do the steps in teaching a dog how to come illustrate about training dogs?
6. What is the command McConnell teaches that mimics pack behavior, and how is it executed?
7. In what circumstances is a dog wrong for a home and what are the consequences?
8. According to McConnell, what are the repercussions of a dog who has had a sensitive period?
9. What biological and anatomical differences are their between humans and dogs in terms of smell, and why is it significant for owners and trainers?
10. How does a person spot submissiveness in a dog, and why is it important?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss qualities that make a good leader, according to McConnell. How do these leadership qualities pertain to effective dog training and hare they relevant to everyday life?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast human and canine sense perception.
1) How many sense receptors do humans have? How many do dogs?
2) What senses do humans use the most? What senses do dogs use the most?
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss paedomorphism.
1) Why are both humans and dogs paedomorphic?
2) Provide five example of paedomorphism in humans and 5 examples in dogs.
3) What is the relationship between paedomorphic behavior and mental and physical well-being?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)