|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical traits were present in the study which illustrated that paedomorphism is also physiological?
2. What is a dog pushing the corners of her or his mouth back a sign of?
3. What do dogs equate loudness to?
4. What is the second mistake McConnell makes with the dog who lunges at her in front of an audience?
5. How conscious are dogs of their pheromones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a little known fact about our sense of smell, and what does it indicate about how humans live in the world?
2. What is the difference between how we use our sense of smell versus how dogs use their sense of smell?
3. What is paedomorphism, and why is it significant?
4. Why is it counter-intuitive to yell a command to a barking dog?
5. According to McConnell, what physical behaviors should people pay the most attention to in a dog and why?
6. Why does McConnell advise against taking a ball from a dog's mouth, and why is it important?
7. What two mistakes did McConnell make with an aggressive mastiff, and why was it dangerous?
8. What advice does McConnell offer in terms of how humans monitor their speech?
9. What myth do humans perpetuate about how dogs respond to them, and what does it signify?
10. How does an owner temper a body block and why is it important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how humans and dogs cope with death.
1) What are the similarities and difference between how humans and dogs grieve?
2) What resources are available for owners who have lost a pet or pets who have lost a companion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities and differences between primates and humans in terms of evolutionary behavior and social interaction.
Essay Topic 3
Choose four breeds and discuss their attributes, including physical traits, temperament, country of origin, what each was bred for, and their ideal home.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)