|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McConnell, both humans and dogs are ______and_______.
2. When do humans that dogs are accustomed to become strangers?
3. When an owner yells at a dog to stop barking, what is she or he encouraging the dog to do?
4. How many languages do the animal handlers McConnell researches use?
5. How did researchers discover that paedomorphism is also physiological?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to properly teach a dog to play fetch?
2. What is Motherese and why is it significant?
3. What is paedomorphism, and why is it significant?
4. What do the steps in teaching a dog how to come illustrate about training dogs?
5. What is object play and what is its relation to our primate heritage?
6. How do dogs interpret loud voices and what does it signify?
7. How does a dog interpret being petted on the top of the head, and why is it significant?
8. According to McConnell, what physical behaviors do dogs not appreciate that humans do and why?
9. Why is a bored dog a dangerous dog?
10. What is the theory of benevolent leadership?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of habituation in relation to dog training in the book.
1) Provide four examples of habituation in dogs.
2) Provide four methods to counteract habituation in dogs.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss qualities that make a good leader, according to McConnell. How do these leadership qualities pertain to effective dog training and hare they relevant to everyday life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how humans and dogs cope with death.
1) What are the similarities and difference between how humans and dogs grieve?
2) What resources are available for owners who have lost a pet or pets who have lost a companion?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)