Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McConnell, both humans and dogs are ______and_______.
2. According to McConnell, what do decades of research indicate about what almost all dogs respond to?
3. What will primates do with the objects around them?
4. When an owner yells at a dog to stop barking, what is she or he encouraging the dog to do?
5. What is "doggie play bow"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the differences between the way humans and dogs show affection, and why is it significant?
2. What is the "guy-with-the-gold-chain" hypothesis and what does it signify?
3. What myth do humans perpetuate about how dogs respond to them, and what does it signify?
4. In what ways are dogs' personalities similar to humans, and why is it significant?
5. What do the steps in teaching a dog how to come illustrate about training dogs?
6. What is the command McConnell teaches that mimics pack behavior, and how is it executed?
7. In what circumstances is a dog wrong for a home and what are the consequences?
8. According to McConnell, what are the repercussions of a dog who has had a sensitive period?
9. What biological and anatomical differences are their between humans and dogs in terms of smell, and why is it significant for owners and trainers?
10. How does a person spot submissiveness in a dog, and why is it important?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of habituation in relation to dog training in the book.
1) Provide four examples of habituation in dogs.
2) Provide four methods to counteract habituation in dogs.
Essay Topic 2
What makes a happy, comfortable home for both humans and dogs according to McConnell? How can humans provide a safe and happy home for their animals?
Essay Topic 3
According to McConnell, rehoming is sometimes necessary. Provide two examples of rehoming from the book. Do you agree or disagree with McConnell's point of view?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)