|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a dog's corners of the mouth are forward, what is it a sign of?
2. Studies prove that who can tell that a shirt has been worn by a man or woman?
3. What myth do humans perpetuate about dog's regard for them, according to McConnell?
4. How do male and female humans engage in play fighting?
5. What three behaviors do dogs consider highly rude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is paedomorphism, and why is it significant?
2. What is object play and what is its relation to our primate heritage?
3. What is the one difference between humans and primates that also presents a challenge when it comes to dog training?
4. How does an owner temper a body block and why is it important?
5. What are commissures, and why are they important?
6. Why does McConnell advise against taking a ball from a dog's mouth, and why is it important?
7. According to McConnell, what sense perception do humans believe dogs respond to that is incorrect and why is it significant?
8. What is Motherese and why is it significant?
9. What myth do humans perpetuate about how dogs respond to them, and what does it signify?
10. Why do primates look away, and in what situations should an owner do the same?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose four breeds and discuss their attributes, including physical traits, temperament, country of origin, what each was bred for, and their ideal home.
Essay Topic 2
According to McConnell, rehoming is sometimes necessary. Provide two examples of rehoming from the book. Do you agree or disagree with McConnell's point of view?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss social hierarchy in dogs. Define and discuss the roles of alpha, omega, and beta dogs in packs. How fluid are packs in terms of social hierarchy?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)