|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Studies prove that who can tell that a shirt has been worn by a man or woman?
2. What is a dog pushing the corners of her or his mouth back a sign of?
3. What kind of dog lunges at McConnell in front of an audience in the opening chapter?
4. What is the biggest misconception owner's make regarding their influence on a dog's behavior?
5. Why is it confusing for a dog when a person uses similar phrasing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Motherese and why is it significant?
2. What biological and anatomical differences are their between humans and dogs in terms of smell, and why is it significant for owners and trainers?
3. Why does McConnell advise against play fighting or wrestling with a dog?
4. What point does McConnell make in relating her experience with the aggressive mastiff?
5. What is object play and what is its relation to our primate heritage?
6. What two mistakes did McConnell make with an aggressive mastiff, and why was it dangerous?
7. According to McConnell, what sense perception do humans believe dogs respond to that is incorrect and why is it significant?
8. What is the command McConnell teaches that mimics pack behavior, and how is it executed?
9. What is paedomorphism, and why is it significant?
10. How does an owner temper a body block and why is it important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how humans and dogs cope with death.
1) What are the similarities and difference between how humans and dogs grieve?
2) What resources are available for owners who have lost a pet or pets who have lost a companion?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss paedomorphism.
1) Why are both humans and dogs paedomorphic?
2) Provide five example of paedomorphism in humans and 5 examples in dogs.
3) What is the relationship between paedomorphic behavior and mental and physical well-being?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how a prospective owner should choose a dog.
1) Where should prospective owners look?
2) What qualities should a prospective owner look for in a dog?
3) What considerations should a prospective owner make before adopting or buying a dog?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)