|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are elephants famous for in the way they respond to death?
(a) They are famous for not leaving a carcass behind.
(b) They are famous for burying their dead.
(c) They are famous for shunning the dying.
(d) They are famous for their indifference to death.
2. Does McConnell believe that generalizations about breeds are correct?
(b) It depends on the breeder.
(c) It depends on the breed.
3. Besides giving a dog a command to wait at the door, what else does McConnell suggest an owner do?
(a) Say No.
(b) Use a body block.
(c) Clap your hands.
(d) Hold the dog.
4. According to studies McConnell cites, what are the similarities between grieving over a pet and grieving over a person?
(a) Studies show that grieving over a pet is more intense.
(b) Studies show that the stages of grief are the same.
(c) Studies show that grieving of a pet is less intense.
(d) Studies show that there are few similarities between them.
5. What command should be given to curb unwanted behavior, according to McConnell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will spend an hour on grooming, according to McConnell?
2. What does lack of eye contact signal to a dog?
3. According to McConnell, how are dogs like humans when it comes to social hierarchy?
4. How important are physical traits in choosing a dog for McConnell?
5. At the vet's, how should an owner pet her or his dog to calm it down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McConnell state that prospective owners should not be impressed by show dog-type breeds?
2. What have studies found about an owner grieving over a pet, and why is it significant?
3. How do primates socialize that not all dogs may appreciate?
4. What advice does McConnell give to a person grieving over the loss of a pet?
5. According to McConnell, what are the repercussions of a dog who has had a sensitive period?
6. What are puppy mills?
7. Why is a working breed ill-suited to live in an apartment in a city, according to McConnell?
8. What is the sensitive period in a dog's life, and why is it important?
9. How do juvenile wolves differ from adults in terms of social hierarchies and how does it pertain to dogs?
10. What is the difference between breed and personality?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)