|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should an owner give two pats on the dog's head after saying the command to curb unwanted behavior?
(a) To reinforce the command for the dog.
(b) To reward the dog for obeying the command.
(c) To reassure the dog that it's okay to follow the command.
(d) To release the dog from the command.
2. According to McConnell, what can happen when an owner caters to a dog?
(a) The dog will be well-adjusted.
(b) The dog may become too submissive.
(c) Other dogs will be too aggressive with the dog.
(d) The dog can have behavior problems.
3. Who are dogs' ancestors?
4. Why is the phenomenon McConnell discusses regarding death so poorly understood?
(a) Because humans can't be objective.
(b) Because pets may grieve in different ways.
(c) Because pets do not grieve.
(d) Because there are no studies about it.
5. According to McConnell, much of a dog's behavior has to do with what is _______versus what is _______.
(a) Safe; dangerous.
(b) real; fake.
(c) Appealing; unappealing.
(d) Familiar; unfamiliar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does McConnell give for an owner who has lost a pet?
2. How important are physical traits in choosing a dog for McConnell?
3. What does "ventral-ventral contact" mean?
4. What is the #1 preference prospective owners base their decision to adopt or buy a dog?
5. Does McConnell believe that dogs can be moody?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)