|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to McConnell, much of a dog's behavior has to do with what is _______versus what is _______.
(a) real; fake.
(b) Safe; dangerous.
(c) Appealing; unappealing.
(d) Familiar; unfamiliar.
2. What is a poorly understood phenomenon regarding death?
(a) What it does to a companion of a person.
(b) What it does to a parent of an animal.
(c) What it does to a companion of an animal.
(d) What it does to a parent of a child.
3. Why does McConnell dislike her least favorite responsibility?
(a) Because it is demanding work.
(b) Because she can get hurt.
(c) Because she doesn't want to see a dog die.
(d) Because the owners are heartbroken.
4. What kind of breed needs a lot of activity, according to McConnell?
(a) A working breed.
(b) A companion breed.
(c) A hunting breed.
(d) A sporting breed.
5. What are two other ways to distract a dog from its unwanted behavior, according to McConnell?
(a) Give it affection and give it another command.
(b) Give it food and give it another command.
(c) Give it affection and take it on a walk.
(d) Give it food and take it on a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does McConnell see similarities in personality between humans and dogs?
2. According to McConnell, how are dogs like humans when it comes to social hierarchy?
3. What does "ventral-ventral contact" mean?
4. According to McConnell, what should an owner NOT assume about petting her or his dog?
5. What is the command McConnell suggests to give a dog so that it will wait at the door?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)