|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to McConnell, do humans and dogs living together constitute a single, unified social hierarchy?
(c) In certain parts of the world.
(d) It depends on the breed.
2. Who is usually confident in his position in the social hierarchy?
(a) The omega dog.
(b) The beta dog.
(c) The delta dog.
(d) The alpha dog.
3. What do many owners call deviance from normal behavior that is inaccurate, according to McConnell?
4. Who are dogs' ancestors?
5. Who does NOT display affection by "ventral-ventral contact"
(c) Every one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important to ask a breeder about a dog's lineage?
2. According to McConnell, much of a dog's behavior has to do with what is _______versus what is _______.
3. At the vet's, how should an owner pet her or his dog to calm it down?
4. According to McConnell, how are dogs like children when it comes to getting what they want?
5. What is the command McConnell suggests to give a dog so that it will wait at the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should an owner teach a dog to wait patiently at the door?
2. Why is a bored dog a dangerous dog?
3. What steps should an owner take to curb unwanted behavior?
4. What advice does McConnell give to a person grieving over the loss of a pet?
5. What are the two top factors prospective owners make in choosing a dog, and why are they erroneous?
6. What is the sensitive period in a dog's life, and why is it important?
7. How do primates socialize that not all dogs may appreciate?
8. Why does McConnell state that prospective owners should not be impressed by show dog-type breeds?
9. According to McConnell, what are the repercussions of a dog who has had a sensitive period?
10. Why should owners not expect a dog to behave in the same way no matter what the environment?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)