|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chimpanzees and _______will carry a dead infant for days, even though it is rotting.
2. Why does McConnell dislike her least favorite responsibility?
(a) Because the owners are heartbroken.
(b) Because she can get hurt.
(c) Because she doesn't want to see a dog die.
(d) Because it is demanding work.
3. According to McConnell, do humans and dogs living together constitute a single, unified social hierarchy?
(a) It depends on the breed.
(d) In certain parts of the world.
4. What is the word an owner should give once the dog has waited at the door for a moment?
5. What area of a dog's body is considered a form of dominance if petted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the command McConnell suggests to give a dog so that it will wait at the door?
2. Who are the betas in a social hierarchy?
3. When does the "sensitive period" occur in a dog's life?
4. McConnell states that what is contrary to a dog's nature?
5. Who will spend an hour on grooming, according to McConnell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an alpha rollover and why does McConnell advise against it?
2. Why does McConnell state that prospective owners should not be impressed by show dog-type breeds?
3. What are the differences between the way humans and dogs show affection, and why is it significant?
4. Why do behavior problems arise when dogs are always given what they want?
5. What are the two top factors prospective owners make in choosing a dog, and why are they erroneous?
6. What advice does McConnell give to a person grieving over the loss of a pet?
7. What are puppy mills?
8. What is the difference between breed and personality?
9. In what circumstances is a dog wrong for a home and what are the consequences?
10. What does McConnell sometimes advocate for an owner to startle a dog?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)