|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does McConnell see similarities in personality between humans and dogs?
(a) It depends on the age.
(d) It depends on the breed.
2. Why does McConnell advise against purchasing a dog from a puppy mill?
(a) Because the dogs are abused.
(b) Because the dogs are not purebreds.
(c) Because it can be expensive.
(d) Because it is not as convenient.
3. Does McConnell believe that generalizations about breeds are correct?
(a) It depends on the breed.
(b) It depends on the breeder.
4. McConnell states that what is contrary to a dog's nature?
(a) Cooping them up all day.
(b) Putting them in a kennel.
(c) Exercising them too much.
(d) Feeding them twice a day.
5. Does McConnell advocate choosing a dog for its physical traits?
(b) It depends on the breed.
(c) It depends on the breeder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many types of individuals are typically in a social hierarchy?
2. Why is constant contact with humans and other dogs important for dogs?
3. What do dogs need that owners should provide in order to prevent behavior problems?
4. According to McConnell, what should an owner NOT assume about petting her or his dog?
5. McConnell states that a theory of "___________" is the ideal way to deal with a dog.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a dog interpret being petted on the top of the head, and why is it significant?
2. How does a person spot submissiveness in a dog, and why is it important?
3. According to McConnell, what are the repercussions of a dog who has had a sensitive period?
4. What are the two top factors prospective owners make in choosing a dog, and why are they erroneous?
5. In what circumstances is a dog wrong for a home and what are the consequences?
6. How do juvenile wolves differ from adults in terms of social hierarchies and how does it pertain to dogs?
7. What does McConnell sometimes advocate for an owner to startle a dog?
8. What is rehoming and why is it sometimes necessary?
9. What are the types of individuals in social hierarchies, and which type has the most aggression?
10. What are the differences between the way humans and dogs show affection, and why is it significant?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)