|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What command should be given to curb unwanted behavior, according to McConnell?
2. Why does McConnell advise against purchasing a dog from a puppy mill?
(a) Because it can be expensive.
(b) Because the dogs are abused.
(c) Because the dogs are not purebreds.
(d) Because it is not as convenient.
3. Who will spend an hour on grooming, according to McConnell?
4. What is a primate way of socializing?
5. According to McConnell, what human behavior signals to a dog that the human is NOT in control?
(a) Listening and commanding.
(b) Politeness and patience.
(c) Directing and controlling.
(d) Yelling and hitting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does McConnell advocate choosing a dog for its physical traits?
2. Who are the betas in a social hierarchy?
3. What is the name of the book by Marc Hauser McConnell discusses?
4. What does "ventral-ventral contact" mean?
5. What choice should humans make in regard to how they treat dogs, according to McConnell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What steps should an owner take to curb unwanted behavior?
2. How does a person spot submissiveness in a dog, and why is it important?
3. How should an owner teach a dog to wait patiently at the door?
4. What is an alpha rollover and why does McConnell advise against it?
5. Why should owners not expect a dog to behave in the same way no matter what the environment?
6. What advice does McConnell give to a person grieving over the loss of a pet?
7. Why does McConnell state that prospective owners should not be impressed by show dog-type breeds?
8. What does McConnell sometimes advocate for an owner to startle a dog?
9. What are the two top factors prospective owners make in choosing a dog, and why are they erroneous?
10. What is rehoming and why is it sometimes necessary?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)