|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a primate way of socializing?
2. According to McConnell, where do dogs not necessarily like to be petted?
(a) On the back.
(b) Under the chin.
(c) Top of the head.
(d) On the side.
3. What kind of breed needs a lot of activity, according to McConnell?
(a) A hunting breed.
(b) A sporting breed.
(c) A working breed.
(d) A companion breed.
4. Why should an owner give two pats on the dog's head after saying the command to curb unwanted behavior?
(a) To reward the dog for obeying the command.
(b) To reinforce the command for the dog.
(c) To release the dog from the command.
(d) To reassure the dog that it's okay to follow the command.
5. In a dog-to-dog relationship, what is NOT a sign of submissiveness?
(a) Lowered head.
(b) Wagging tail.
(c) Leaned-back body.
(d) Back-pointed ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McConnell, how are dogs like humans when it comes to social hierarchy?
2. At the vet's, how should an owner pet her or his dog to calm it down?
3. According to McConnell, where does the most aggression in a social hierarchy occur?
4. Why does McConnell advise against purchasing a dog from a puppy mill?
5. Should an owner choose a breed if she or he wants a personality?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)