|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is constant contact with humans and other dogs important for dogs?
(a) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a pleasing, satisfying occurence.
(b) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a normal, healthy occurrence.
(c) So that contct with humans and other dogs becomes an intimidating, significant occurence.
(d) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a safe, necessary occurrence.
2. Chimpanzees and _______will carry a dead infant for days, even though it is rotting.
3. According to McConnell, what is NOT a reliable indicator of personality?
(a) The father's.
(b) The mother's.
(c) The dog's.
(d) The breed.
4. What is the leader in a social hierarchy called?
5. What does "ventral-ventral contact" mean?
(c) Physical closeness.
(d) Eye contact.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does NOT display affection by "ventral-ventral contact"
2. What does McConnell liken a death of a pet to?
3. According to McConnell, what should an owner NOT assume about petting her or his dog?
4. According to McConnell, how are dogs like children when it comes to getting what they want?
5. In a dog-to-dog relationship, what is NOT a sign of submissiveness?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)