|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the corners of a dog's mouth called?
2. What is the biggest misconception owner's make regarding their influence on a dog's behavior?
(a) That their speed is their biggest influence.
(b) That their size is their biggest influence.
(c) That their voice is their biggest influence.
(d) That their body is their biggest influence.
3. Like dogs, humans are also in tune with what?
(a) Approaching danger.
(b) Friendly people.
(c) Minute physical movements.
(d) High-pitched sounds.
4. What physical behaviors in a dog are NOT important?
(a) Breathing rate.
(b) Sitting and standing.
(c) Leaning forward and back.
(d) Mouth and eyes.
5. How many scent receptors do humans have?
(a) 5 million.
(b) 220 million.
(c) 120 million.
(d) 20 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McConnell, an owner's body should be trained like what?
2. What is the "guy-with-the-gold-chain" hypothesis?
3. What is the second mistake McConnell makes with the dog who lunges at her in front of an audience?
4. Studies prove that who can tell that a shirt has been worn by a man or woman?
5. Why is it confusing for a dog when a person uses similar phrasing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are commissures, and why are they important?
2. Why is it important to properly teach a dog to play fetch?
3. What is the "guy-with-the-gold-chain" hypothesis and what does it signify?
4. Why does McConnell recommend that a dog owner wear a hat around the house, and what is her larger point?
5. How should an owner house train her or his dog?
6. How does a person spot submissiveness in a dog, and why is it important?
7. What is the difference between how we use our sense of smell versus how dogs use their sense of smell?
8. What is a little known fact about our sense of smell, and what does it indicate about how humans live in the world?
9. Why does McConnell advise against play fighting or wrestling with a dog?
10. What is an alpha rollover and why does McConnell advise against it?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)