|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are high pitched sounds NOT used for?
2. When do humans that dogs are accustomed to become strangers?
(a) When the feel of their skin changes.
(b) When the shape of their body changes.
(c) When the sound of their voice changes.
(d) When the color of their clothing changes.
3. Why does commanding "down" for a dog to lie down and "down" for a dog to get off the couch confusing?
(a) Because a dog is inclined to do both behaviors.
(b) Because they are entirely separate behaviors.
(c) Because a dog cannot understand down.
(d) Because a dog doesn't want to obey.
4. What have scientists observed as the one crucial difference between primates and humans?
5. According to McConnell, small _______impart big meaning for a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example of "object play" for humans?
2. What three behaviors do dogs consider highly rude?
3. Can dogs sniff out land mines and cancer?
4. What do dogs equate loudness to?
5. What ingrained behavior is considered affectionate for humans but rude for dogs and should be avoided?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are puppy mills?
2. What is the sensitive period in a dog's life, and why is it important?
3. What two mistakes did McConnell make with an aggressive mastiff, and why was it dangerous?
4. Why is a bored dog a dangerous dog?
5. What is Motherese and why is it significant?
6. What is the "guy-with-the-gold-chain" hypothesis and what does it signify?
7. How should an owner teach a dog to wait patiently at the door?
8. What are the types of individuals in social hierarchies, and which type has the most aggression?
9. What steps should an owner take to curb unwanted behavior?
10. What is a little known fact about our sense of smell, and what does it indicate about how humans live in the world?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)