|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do dogs equate loudness to?
2. If an owner wants to encourage movement in a dog, what should she or he do?
(a) Use short, repetitive notes.
(b) Use both long, repetitive notes.
(c) Use both short and spare notes.
(d) Use long, spare notes.
3. How many animal handlers has McConnell researched for her book?
4. What kind of animal behaviorist is Patricia McConnell?
(a) A genetic animal behaviorist.
(b) An applied animal behaviorist.
(c) A biological animal behaviorist.
(d) A theoretical animal behaviorist.
5. How many languages do the animal handlers McConnell researches use?
Short Answer Questions
1. What three behaviors do dogs consider highly rude?
2. What is a little known fact regarding humans sense of smell?
3. What form of play does McConnell NOT recommend?
4. Can dogs sniff out land mines and cancer?
5. What is an example of "object play" for humans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is habituation and why does it present a challenge for trainers?
2. What is the command McConnell teaches that mimics pack behavior, and how is it executed?
3. What point does McConnell make in relating her experience with the aggressive mastiff?
4. What biological and anatomical differences are their between humans and dogs in terms of smell, and why is it significant for owners and trainers?
5. What do the steps in teaching a dog how to come illustrate about training dogs?
6. What advice does McConnell offer in terms of how humans monitor their speech?
7. According to McConnell, what sense perception do humans believe dogs respond to that is incorrect and why is it significant?
8. Why is it counter-intuitive to yell a command to a barking dog?
9. What is object play and what is its relation to our primate heritage?
10. What are commissures, and why are they important?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)