Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to McConnell, both humans and dogs are ______and_______.
(a) Highly oral and shy.
(b) Highly visual and social.
(c) Highly sensitive and shy.
(d) Highly oral and social.
2. According to McConnell, what do decades of research indicate about what almost all dogs respond to?
(a) That almost all dogs respond to aural stimuli.
(b) That almost all dogs respond to physical stimuli.
(c) That almost all dogs respond to visual stimuli.
(d) That almost all dogs respond to gustation stimuli.
3. What will primates do with the objects around them?
(a) Manipulate them to get food.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Use them as weapons.
(d) Barter them for comfort.
4. When an owner yells at a dog to stop barking, what is she or he encouraging the dog to do?
(a) Continue to bark.
(b) Sit down.
(c) Run away.
(d) Stop barking.
5. What is "doggie play bow"?
(a) Spreading feet apart.
(b) Kneeling on the ground.
(c) Slightly crouched stance.
(d) Touching hands on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the corners of a dog's mouth called?
2. What three behaviors do dogs consider highly rude?
3. What is a dog pushing the corners of her or his mouth back a sign of?
4. What ingrained behavior is considered affectionate for humans but rude for dogs and should be avoided?
5. How conscious are humans of their pheromones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the differences between the way humans and dogs show affection, and why is it significant?
2. What is the "guy-with-the-gold-chain" hypothesis and what does it signify?
3. What myth do humans perpetuate about how dogs respond to them, and what does it signify?
4. In what ways are dogs' personalities similar to humans, and why is it significant?
5. What do the steps in teaching a dog how to come illustrate about training dogs?
6. What is the command McConnell teaches that mimics pack behavior, and how is it executed?
7. In what circumstances is a dog wrong for a home and what are the consequences?
8. According to McConnell, what are the repercussions of a dog who has had a sensitive period?
9. What biological and anatomical differences are their between humans and dogs in terms of smell, and why is it significant for owners and trainers?
10. How does a person spot submissiveness in a dog, and why is it important?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)