|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are show dogs typically bred for?
(c) Physical traits.
2. Why should an owner give two pats on the dog's head after saying the command to curb unwanted behavior?
(a) To release the dog from the command.
(b) To reassure the dog that it's okay to follow the command.
(c) To reinforce the command for the dog.
(d) To reward the dog for obeying the command.
3. Besides giving a dog a command to wait at the door, what else does McConnell suggest an owner do?
(a) Use a body block.
(b) Say No.
(c) Hold the dog.
(d) Clap your hands.
4. Does McConnell believe that dogs can be moody?
(a) It depends on the size.
(d) It depends on the breed.
5. What are two other ways to distract a dog from its unwanted behavior, according to McConnell?
(a) Give it affection and take it on a walk.
(b) Give it food and take it on a walk.
(c) Give it food and give it another command.
(d) Give it affection and give it another command.
6. What command should be given to curb unwanted behavior, according to McConnell?
7. What does "ventral-ventral contact" mean?
(b) Eye contact.
(d) Physical closeness.
8. What is the #2 preference prospective owners base their decision to adopt or buy a dog?
9. Should an owner choose a breed if she or he wants a personality?
(a) It depends on the breeder.
(b) It depends on the owner.
10. What area of a dog's body is considered a form of dominance if petted?
11. What do owners expect from dogs all the time that dogs cannot provide, according to McConnell?
(a) Dogs can't listen to an owners' commands all the time.
(b) Dogs can't exercise the same way all the time.
(c) Dogs can't go to be the same time every night.
(d) Dogs can't behave the same way all the time.
12. According to McConnell, an owner should de-emphasize what as an ideal way to deal with a dog?
13. Who will spend an hour on grooming, according to McConnell?
14. Why is constant contact with humans and other dogs important for dogs?
(a) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a pleasing, satisfying occurence.
(b) So that contct with humans and other dogs becomes an intimidating, significant occurence.
(c) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a normal, healthy occurrence.
(d) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a safe, necessary occurrence.
15. What do many owners call deviance from normal behavior that is inaccurate, according to McConnell?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McConnell, where does the most aggression in a social hierarchy occur?
2. Why does McConnell advocate for a dog to be in the right environment for its breed?
3. Who are the betas in a social hierarchy?
4. What is the command McConnell suggests to give a dog so that it will wait at the door?
5. Why is the phenomenon McConnell discusses regarding death so poorly understood?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)