|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does NOT display affection by "ventral-ventral contact"
(a) Every one.
2. What does McConnell NOT consider a betrayal?
(a) Rehoming a dog into a safe and happy environment.
(b) Giving up on a dog because of its age.
(c) Adopting a dog when you can't afford one.
(d) Using negative reinforcement to train a dog.
3. What are two other ways to distract a dog from its unwanted behavior, according to McConnell?
(a) Give it food and take it on a walk.
(b) Give it affection and give it another command.
(c) Give it affection and take it on a walk.
(d) Give it food and give it another command.
4. As an applied animal behaviorist, what is McConnell's least favorite responsibility?
(a) Setting up an adoption.
(b) Training an aggressive dog.
(c) Putting a dog to sleep.
(d) Rehoming a dog.
5. What is the name of the book by Marc Hauser McConnell discusses?
(a) Wild Times.
(b) Wild Winds.
(c) Wild Minds.
(d) Wild Hearts.
6. What is the command McConnell suggests to give a dog so that it will wait at the door?
7. In a dog-to-dog relationship, what is NOT a sign of submissiveness?
(a) Leaned-back body.
(b) Wagging tail.
(c) Back-pointed ears.
(d) Lowered head.
8. According to McConnell, whose personality should an owner gauge when considering adopting a dog?
(a) The owner's and the dog's.
(b) It doesn't matter.
(c) The dog's.
(d) The owner's.
9. What do dogs need that owners should provide in order to prevent behavior problems?
10. What is a primate way of socializing?
11. According to McConnell, dog ______changes just like human _________.
(a) Behavior; behavior.
(b) Needs; needs.
(c) Personality; personality.
(d) Desire; desire.
12. What is one example of a dog who cannot be cooped up in a city apartment?
(a) An Italian Greyhound.
(b) A Yorkshire Terrier.
(c) A Border Collie.
(d) An Affenpinscher.
13. Who will spend an hour on grooming, according to McConnell?
14. According to McConnell, where do dogs not necessarily like to be petted?
(a) On the side.
(b) Under the chin.
(c) Top of the head.
(d) On the back.
15. Besides giving a dog a command to wait at the door, what else does McConnell suggest an owner do?
(a) Say No.
(b) Hold the dog.
(c) Use a body block.
(d) Clap your hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McConnell, an owner should de-emphasize what as an ideal way to deal with a dog?
2. What does McConnell believe about how the majority of prospective owners base their decision to adopt or buy a dog on?
3. Why are humans hardwired to find babies adorable, according to McConnell?
4. Does McConnell believe that generalizations about breeds are correct?
5. How many types of individuals are typically in a social hierarchy?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)