Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a primate way of socializing?
2. According to McConnell, where do dogs not necessarily like to be petted?
(a) On the back.
(b) Under the chin.
(c) Top of the head.
(d) On the side.
3. What kind of breed needs a lot of activity, according to McConnell?
(a) A hunting breed.
(b) A sporting breed.
(c) A working breed.
(d) A companion breed.
4. Why should an owner give two pats on the dog's head after saying the command to curb unwanted behavior?
(a) To reward the dog for obeying the command.
(b) To reinforce the command for the dog.
(c) To release the dog from the command.
(d) To reassure the dog that it's okay to follow the command.
5. In a dog-to-dog relationship, what is NOT a sign of submissiveness?
(a) Lowered head.
(b) Wagging tail.
(c) Leaned-back body.
(d) Back-pointed ears.
6. According to McConnell, how are dogs like humans when it comes to social hierarchy?
(a) Because a dog always wants to be in the highest category.
(b) Because a dog stays in its own category.
(c) Because a dog can fit into multiple categories.
(d) Because a dog always wants to be with other dogs in the same category.
7. At the vet's, how should an owner pet her or his dog to calm it down?
(a) Short and fast.
(b) Long and slow.
(c) Short and slow.
(d) Long and fast.
8. According to McConnell, where does the most aggression in a social hierarchy occur?
(a) Within the omega group.
(b) Within all the groups.
(c) Within the beta group.
(d) Within the alpha group.
9. Why does McConnell advise against purchasing a dog from a puppy mill?
(a) Because the dogs are not purebreds.
(b) Because the dogs are abused.
(c) Because it can be expensive.
(d) Because it is not as convenient.
10. Should an owner choose a breed if she or he wants a personality?
(c) It depends on the breeder.
(d) It depends on the owner.
11. What does McConnell advise about an alpha rollover?
(a) She does not condone it.
(b) She does condone it.
(c) She is indifferent to it.
(d) She sometimes condones it.
12. Why is it important to consider a dog's personality when choosing a breed?
(a) Because there is a link between personality and longevity.
(b) Because a good dog is more expensive.
(c) Because there are so many dogs with bad personalities.
(d) Because a cute dog can be a nasty dog.
13. What should an owner do if the dog persists in an unwanted behavior?
(a) Grab the dog by the collar and make eye contact.
(b) Turn away from the dog and avoid eye contact.
(c) Turn towards the dog and make eye contact.
(d) Grab the dog by the scruff of the neck and avoid eye contact.
14. According to McConnell, what can happen when an owner caters to a dog?
(a) The dog will be well-adjusted.
(b) The dog can have behavior problems.
(c) Other dogs will be too aggressive with the dog.
(d) The dog may become too submissive.
15. What three things should an owner do to prevent a dog from leaping onto her or his lap?
(a) Body block, make eye contact, tell the dog "Stop."
(b) Body block, avert eye contact, tell the dog "No."
(c) Get up, make eye contact, tell the dog "Stop."
(d) Get up, avert eye contact, tell the dog "No."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important to ask a breeder about a dog's lineage?
2. Does McConnell believe that dogs can be moody?
3. Who displays affection by "ventral-ventral contact"?
4. What is one example of a dog who cannot be cooped up in a city apartment?
5. Besides giving a dog a command to wait at the door, what else does McConnell suggest an owner do?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)