|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "object play" associated with for humans?
(a) Our intelligence.
(b) Our memory.
(c) Our primate heritage.
(d) Our speech ability.
2. What kind of dog lunges at McConnell in front of an audience in the opening chapter?
(a) A German shepherd.
(b) A mastiff.
(c) A pitbull.
(d) A Rottweiler.
3. How conscious are humans of their pheromones?
(a) Not conscious.
(b) Not consious except during sex.
(d) Conscious except during sex.
4. What do owners expect from dogs all the time that dogs cannot provide, according to McConnell?
(a) Dogs can't listen to an owners' commands all the time.
(b) Dogs can't behave the same way all the time.
(c) Dogs can't go to be the same time every night.
(d) Dogs can't exercise the same way all the time.
5. Why is it confusing for a dog when a person uses similar phrasing?
(a) Because these phrases sound completely different to a dog.
(b) Because these phrases sound aggressive to a dog.
(c) Because these phrases sound submissive to a dog.
(d) Because these phrases sound completely alike to a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McConnell believe about how the majority of prospective owners base their decision to adopt or buy a dog on?
2. How many types of individuals are typically in a social hierarchy?
3. What is a primate way of socializing?
4. What is the human equivalent of a "hip slam" and "shoulder slam"?
5. How did researchers discover that paedomorphism is also physiological?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)