|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do dogs equate loudness to?
2. What do dogs need that owners should provide in order to prevent behavior problems?
3. According to McConnell, where does the most aggression in a social hierarchy occur?
(a) Within the omega group.
(b) Within all the groups.
(c) Within the beta group.
(d) Within the alpha group.
4. Why is it confusing for a dog when a person uses similar phrasing?
(a) Because these phrases sound completely alike to a dog.
(b) Because these phrases sound submissive to a dog.
(c) Because these phrases sound aggressive to a dog.
(d) Because these phrases sound completely different to a dog.
5. What is a common example of a dog being wrong for a particular home?
(a) A dog who is underemployed.
(b) A dog who is overemployed.
(c) A dog who runs away.
(d) A dog who barks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the leader in a social hierarchy called?
2. What does "ventral-ventral contact" mean?
3. Why can play fighting become dangerous?
4. How did researchers discover that paedomorphism is also physiological?
5. Why do wolf and canine packs use "hip slams" and "shoulder slams"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)