|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is constant contact with humans and other dogs important for dogs?
(a) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a safe, necessary occurrence.
(b) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a pleasing, satisfying occurence.
(c) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a normal, healthy occurrence.
(d) So that contct with humans and other dogs becomes an intimidating, significant occurence.
2. What is the first step a person should do in order to ingratiate her or himself with a dog?
(a) Give treats from your hand.
(b) Approach the dog.
(c) Talk to the dog from ten feet away.
(d) Throw treats from ten feet away.
3. What is McConnell doing when she mistakenly gets too close to the dog in front of an audience?
(a) Fielding a question.
(b) Offering a treat.
(c) Giving a command.
(d) Retrieving a toy.
4. According to McConnell, small _______impart big meaning for a dog.
5. Studies prove that who can tell that a shirt has been worn by a man or woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What have scientists observed as the one crucial difference between primates and humans?
2. What does "ventral-ventral contact" mean?
3. If a parent play fights with a dog, how will the dog play fight with a child?
4. McConnell concluded that animal handlers use rapid sounds for what purpose?
5. What kind of behavioral disorders will a dog develop if it is not properly trained during the "sensitive period"?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)