|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does McConnell respond to the dog when it lunges at her in front of an audience?
(a) She retreats from the dog.
(b) She pets the dog.
(c) She yells at the dog.
(d) She kicks the dog.
2. How conscious are humans of their pheromones?
(b) Conscious except during sex.
(c) Not consious except during sex.
(d) Not conscious.
3. What is McConnell doing when she mistakenly gets too close to the dog in front of an audience?
(a) Giving a command.
(b) Retrieving a toy.
(c) Fielding a question.
(d) Offering a treat.
4. What kind of animal behaviorist is Patricia McConnell?
(a) A genetic animal behaviorist.
(b) A theoretical animal behaviorist.
(c) A biological animal behaviorist.
(d) An applied animal behaviorist.
5. What does a person who wants to block have to do?
(a) Move after the dog has moved and lunge after the dog with your arms.
(b) Ignore a dog's movement by turning your back on the dog and walking away.
(c) Anticipate a dog's movement and step in the space you do not want a dog to enter.
(d) Move at the same time as the dog by running towards the space the dog has entered.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McConnell, an owner's body should be trained like what?
2. Why do wolf and canine packs use "hip slams" and "shoulder slams"?
3. What myth do humans perpetuate about dog's regard for them, according to McConnell?
4. What do dogs equate loudness to?
5. According to McConnell, what do decades of research indicate about what almost all dogs respond to?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)