|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How conscious are humans of their pheromones?
(a) Not conscious.
(b) Not consious except during sex.
(d) Conscious except during sex.
2. What main difference is there between humans play fighting and dogs play fighting?
(a) Both female and male humans wrestle equally.
(b) Both female and male dogs wrestle equally.
(c) Only female dogs wrestle.
(d) Only male dogs wrestle.
3. What physical traits were present in the study which illustrated that paedomorphism is also physiological?
(a) Short legs, long torso, and different brain chemistry in humans.
(b) Large eyes, round face, and different brain chemistry in primates.
(c) Floppy ears, curly tails, and different brain chemistry in foxes.
(d) Floppy ears, long tails, and different brain chemistry in dogs.
4. How many scent receptors do dogs have?
(a) 120 million.
(b) 20 million.
(c) 220 million.
(d) 5 million.
5. According to McConnell, what does the episode with the dog who lunges at her illustrate the importance of for an owner and trainer?
(a) Avoid training an aggressive dog.
(b) Learning to be more aggressive with a dog.
(c) Getting to know a dog before he or she begins to train it.
(d) Controlling her or his physical movements around a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Motherese" mean?
2. Who does NOT display affection by "ventral-ventral contact"
3. According to McConnell, do all dogs enjoy petting?
4. What do dogs equate loudness to?
5. According to McConnell what is a great way for rewarding a dog that stays?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)