|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical behaviors in a dog are NOT important?
(a) Leaning forward and back.
(b) Breathing rate.
(c) Sitting and standing.
(d) Mouth and eyes.
2. What is McConnell doing when she mistakenly gets too close to the dog in front of an audience?
(a) Fielding a question.
(b) Giving a command.
(c) Offering a treat.
(d) Retrieving a toy.
3. What is one way humans can teach dogs to see them as familiar and not a stranger?
(a) Eat in front of the dog.
(b) Walk the dog every day.
(c) Wear a hat around the house.
(d) Talk in the same voice.
4. What does a person who wants to block have to do?
(a) Ignore a dog's movement by turning your back on the dog and walking away.
(b) Move at the same time as the dog by running towards the space the dog has entered.
(c) Anticipate a dog's movement and step in the space you do not want a dog to enter.
(d) Move after the dog has moved and lunge after the dog with your arms.
5. According to McConnell, how can an owner effectively housebreak a dog?
(a) By completely elimating the odor of urine or feces in the home.
(b) By keeping the dog outside of the home.
(c) By telling the dog no when it has an accident int he home.
(d) By rubbing the dog's nose in urine and feces in the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "guy-with-the-gold-chain" hypothesis?
2. What is a little known fact regarding humans sense of smell?
3. According to McConnell, which breed is considered to have a relatively poor sense of smell?
4. Studies prove that who can tell that a shirt has been worn by a man or woman?
5. What is the human equivalent of a "hip slam" and "shoulder slam"?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)