|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have scientists observed as the one crucial difference between primates and humans?
2. How does a person "release the pressure" after a block has been initiated?
(a) By crouching down.
(b) By turning around.
(c) By stepping aside.
(d) By leaning back.
3. What is a dog pushing the corners of her or his mouth back a sign of?
(a) Excitement and submissiveness.
(b) Excitement and aggression.
(c) Fear and aggression.
(d) Fear and submissiveness.
4. According to McConnell, both humans and dogs are ______and_______.
(a) Highly visual and social.
(b) Highly oral and shy.
(c) Highly sensitive and shy.
(d) Highly oral and social.
5. When an owner yells at a dog to stop barking, what is she or he encouraging the dog to do?
(a) Stop barking.
(b) Run away.
(c) Sit down.
(d) Continue to bark.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scent receptors do humans have?
2. What does a person who wants to block have to do?
3. Why does commanding "down" for a dog to lie down and "down" for a dog to get off the couch confusing?
4. Why did a dog growl and snap at visitors who had recently eaten pizza?
5. According to McConnell, how can an owner effectively housebreak a dog?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)