|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have scientists observed as the one crucial difference between primates and humans?
2. When a dog's corners of the mouth are forward, what is it a sign of?
3. What are high pitched sounds NOT used for?
4. How does a person "release the pressure" after a block has been initiated?
(a) By stepping aside.
(b) By crouching down.
(c) By turning around.
(d) By leaning back.
5. Why would an owner use "pup pup pup"?
(a) To get the dog to come.
(b) To offer the dog a treat.
(c) To tell the dog to stay.
(d) To give the dog a task.
Short Answer Questions
1. When an owner yells at a dog to stop barking, what is she or he encouraging the dog to do?
2. How do you teach a dog to come?
3. What kind of dog lunges at McConnell in front of an audience in the opening chapter?
4. What is the first step a person should do in order to ingratiate her or himself with a dog?
5. Why do wolf and canine packs use "hip slams" and "shoulder slams"?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)