|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the vomero-nasal organ on a dog?
(a) It is a structure that lets in smell molecules.
(b) It is a structure that closes off smell molecules.
(c) It is a structure that scent molecules stick to.
(d) It is a structure that smell molecules can't stick to.
2. Why do wolf and canine packs use "hip slams" and "shoulder slams"?
(a) To hide their fear.
(b) To stake out their territory.
(c) To entice the opposite sex.
(d) To appear larger than they are.
3. What is "doggie play bow"?
(a) Spreading feet apart.
(b) Touching hands on the ground.
(c) Slightly crouched stance.
(d) Kneeling on the ground.
4. What area of a dog's body is considered a form of dominance if petted?
5. What do dogs equate loudness to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one claim owners make about their dog's personality that is erroneous, according to McConnell?
2. What is an example of "object play" for humans?
3. In a dog-to-dog relationship, what is NOT a sign of submissiveness?
4. What are two other ways to distract a dog from its unwanted behavior, according to McConnell?
5. According to McConnell, humans are "living, breathing _____machine guns."
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)