|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McConnell concluded that animal handlers use slow, continuous notes for what purpose?
(a) To enourage animals to stay calm.
(b) To distract animals from potential danger.
(c) To get animals to slow down.
(d) To stop animals from disobeying.
2. What is "doggie play bow"?
(a) Touching hands on the ground.
(b) Kneeling on the ground.
(c) Slightly crouched stance.
(d) Spreading feet apart.
3. Who displays affection by "ventral-ventral contact"?
(a) No one.
4. According to McConnell, do humans and dogs living together constitute a single, unified social hierarchy?
(a) In certain parts of the world.
(d) It depends on the breed.
5. Why is constant contact with humans and other dogs important for dogs?
(a) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a pleasing, satisfying occurence.
(b) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a normal, healthy occurrence.
(c) So that contct with humans and other dogs becomes an intimidating, significant occurence.
(d) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a safe, necessary occurrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should an owner do if the dog persists in an unwanted behavior?
2. According to McConnell, small _______impart big meaning for a dog.
3. Why should an owner give two pats on the dog's head after saying the command to curb unwanted behavior?
4. Who is usually confident in his position in the social hierarchy?
5. What main difference is there between humans play fighting and dogs play fighting?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)