|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Motherese" mean?
(a) It is universal speech.
(b) It is difficult speech.
(c) It is maternal speech.
(d) It is approximate speech.
2. What choice should humans make in regard to how they treat dogs, according to McConnell?
(a) Humans should choose to be the aggressive, strong leader.
(b) Humans should choose to be the indifferent, passive follower.
(c) Humans should choose to be the benevolent, wise leader.
(d) Humans should choose to be the benevolent, kind follower.
3. How important are physical traits in choosing a dog for McConnell?
(a) Important for women.
(b) Very important.
(c) Not important.
(d) Important for men.
4. When does the "sensitive period" occur in a dog's life?
(a) From birth to 2 or 3 months.
(b) From 1 to 3 months.
(c) From 3 to 4 months.
(d) From birth to 3 or 4 months.
5. What is the word an owner should give once the dog has waited at the door for a moment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do adult humans and dogs both do that make them rare in the animal world?
2. How conscious are dogs of their pheromones?
3. How should a person greet a new dog so as not to appear aggressive or rude?
4. Who are the betas in a social hierarchy?
5. What is the best way to sniff, according to McConnell?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)