|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When first training a dog to play fetch, what should an owner do?
(a) Throw a ball far away.
(b) Kick the ball to the dog.
(c) Give the ball with a hand.
(d) Throw a ball a few feet away.
2. Why is constant contact with humans and other dogs important for dogs?
(a) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a safe, necessary occurrence.
(b) So that contct with humans and other dogs becomes an intimidating, significant occurence.
(c) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a normal, healthy occurrence.
(d) So that contact with humans and other dogs becomes a pleasing, satisfying occurence.
3. Why did a dog growl and snap at visitors who had recently eaten pizza?
(a) Because she remembered her owner yelling at her after they ate pizza.
(b) Because she remembered a pizza delivery boy yelling at her when he delivered pizza.
(c) Because she remembered a pizza delivery boy kicking her.
(d) Because she remembered her owner kicking her when she ate pizza.
4. What does "ventral-ventral contact" mean?
(b) Eye contact.
(c) Physical closeness.
5. Like dogs, humans are also in tune with what?
(a) Friendly people.
(b) High-pitched sounds.
(c) Minute physical movements.
(d) Approaching danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to McConnell, an owner should de-emphasize what as an ideal way to deal with a dog?
2. What is paedomorphism?
3. What is an example of "object play" for humans?
4. McConnell concluded that animal handlers use rapid sounds for what purpose?
5. What three things should an owner do to prevent a dog from leaping onto her or his lap?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)