|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry make William at Anne's extravagant coronation?
2. Who are the two women Henry is torn between?
3. Who does Anne force to be present during the birth of the new child?
4. What is "Sending a Cardinal to Hell"?
5. Who is the discordant one among Anne's ladies in waiting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne have built for Henry for a New Year present?
2. How is Anne seen in the eyes of the English people?
3. With whom is the King in hearings?
4. What do Anne and George do to help Anne's stillbirth?
5. What is Anne promised if she signs the annulment papers quickly?
6. When it is time for Mary to go to Hever to see her children, what does Anne inform Mary Anne has done?
7. Who are the people who know of Anne's latest pregnancy?
8. What is Anne instructed to tell Henry about her miscarriage?
9. What is the new law the Henry legislates?
10. How does Mary describe Jane Seymour to William?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary is the sister that is asked to do a lot for the family, and she rarely questions it.
Part 1: Why do you think Mary goes along with the plans of her family?
Part 2: What are some of the things Mary does that she disagrees with?
Part 3: Do you think Mary feels like a pawn in the court life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Many authors use foreshadowing to give the reader hints as to events to come. In the very first chapter, Mary's conversation with her mother seems to foreshadow the rest of the book.
Part 1: What happens in the conversation between Mary and her mother?
Part 2: How does this conversation foreshadow other parts of the book?
Part 3: What does this conversation say about Mary? About her mother?
Essay Topic 3
Mary seems to fall in love with King Henry VIII pretty easily, a little too easily for some readers. But is this really the case?
Part 1: What does Mary see in Henry VIII that makes him attractive to her?
Part 2: Is Mary talked into her feelings for the King? If so, how?
Part 3: Do you believe Mary actually loved the King? Why or why not?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)