|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Mary and George describe Anne's gift to Henry?
2. Who thinks Anne just misses Mary?
3. Who asks George for protection after being questioned at length by the king's men?
4. Where has Anne journeyed to in order to conceive her current child?
5. When does Anne become pregnant again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the people who know of Anne's latest pregnancy?
2. How is Anne seen in the eyes of the English people?
3. What are some of the ways Anne is behaving like Queen Katherine?
4. What does Mary say that the secret is of Anne and her success with the King?
5. Who is taken to the tower and imprisoned?
6. What do Mary and William Stafford both say about the boat trip crossing the English Channel?
7. Why does Mary fear for George's safety?
8. What is Anne's reaction when Mary tells her she is pregnant and married?
9. Why should Mary have been arrested, too?
10. What do Anne and George do to help Anne's stillbirth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many people, after reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" feel the story of Henry VIII is somehow different from the one they've learned in school or on their own.
Part 1: What did you think of the Henry VIII story before you read this book? What were your experiences of it?
Part 2: Do you think this story's portrayal of the history is accurate? Why or why not?
Part 3: How has your opinion of Henry VIII changed? Or has it stayed the same? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Mary is the sister that is asked to do a lot for the family, and she rarely questions it.
Part 1: Why do you think Mary goes along with the plans of her family?
Part 2: What are some of the things Mary does that she disagrees with?
Part 3: Do you think Mary feels like a pawn in the court life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Anne Boleyn is executed, just as the stories and history books have told us for years.
Part 1: Why was Anne sentenced to death? What were the charges?
Part 2: Why do you think King Henry VIII waited so long to punish and execute Anne?
Part 3: Do you think it was right for Anne to be executed? Why or why not?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)