|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Uncle Howard holding meetings?
2. What does Henry make William at Anne's extravagant coronation?
3. How big is the farm William and Mary share?
4. George tells Anne she belongs in a Bagnio. What is that?
5. Who thinks Anne just misses Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom is the King in hearings?
2. Why does Anne summon Mary back to court?
3. Why does Mary fear for George's safety?
4. What does Anne tell Mary the King can make her?
5. What does George think is the cause of Anne's temper tantrums?
6. How does George first experience the public's rejection of Anne?
7. What is the great disappointment of Anne's delivery?
8. How is Anne seen in the eyes of the English people?
9. What are some of the ways Anne is behaving like Queen Katherine?
10. What does Anne have built for Henry for a New Year present?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of a nobody is something that keeps Mary away from William for a while.
Part 1: How does one define "nobody" in this story?
Part 2: Give a list of some of the nobodies in the story.
Part 3: When Mary is told she doesn't really want to be a nobody, even though she does marry one, what does this say about Mary?
Essay Topic 2
Mary and Anne could not be more different, though many of their actions parallel each other.
Part 1: Describe the character of Mary.
Part 2: Describe the character of Anne.
Part 3: Compare and contrast the two sisters. Are they more alike or more different?
Essay Topic 3
The sibling relationships in this story are different from what one today might consider appropriate.
Part 1: Describe the relationship between Mary and George.
Part 2: Describe the relationship between Anne and George.
Part 3: Describe the scenes in which George and Anne seemed to cross a line of decency in their relationship. Describe at least 2 situations.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)