|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does William disappear?
2. Who has already chosen her wedding clothes?
3. What does Henry make William at Anne's extravagant coronation?
4. What does Anne eat to increase her fertility?
5. What does Mary give birth to in the snowy winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne have built for Henry for a New Year present?
2. What do Mary and William Stafford both say about the boat trip crossing the English Channel?
3. Who are the people who know of Anne's latest pregnancy?
4. What are some of the ways Anne is behaving like Queen Katherine?
5. What is Anne instructed to tell Henry about her miscarriage?
6. Who marries Henry and Anne and what does he think of Henry's previous marriage?
7. How does George first experience the public's rejection of Anne?
8. What does George think is the cause of Anne's temper tantrums?
9. What do George and Mary think of the present from #41?
10. What does Mary think about Catherine asking to go to court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary seems to fall in love with King Henry VIII pretty easily, a little too easily for some readers. But is this really the case?
Part 1: What does Mary see in Henry VIII that makes him attractive to her?
Part 2: Is Mary talked into her feelings for the King? If so, how?
Part 3: Do you believe Mary actually loved the King? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Love seems to be more of a commodity than an actual emotion in this novel at times.
Part 1: Who are some of the characters that are actually in love in this story?
Part 2: How is real love demonstrated in these relationships?
Part 3: Do you think Anne is capable of love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of a nobody is something that keeps Mary away from William for a while.
Part 1: How does one define "nobody" in this story?
Part 2: Give a list of some of the nobodies in the story.
Part 3: When Mary is told she doesn't really want to be a nobody, even though she does marry one, what does this say about Mary?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)