|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is summoned back to the court, without their spouse or child?
2. Who asks to go to court with Mary?
3. Whose death does Mary describe as the loss of her other self?
4. How big is the farm William and Mary share?
5. What does Henry make William at Anne's extravagant coronation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Anne seen in the eyes of the English people?
2. What does Mary say that the secret is of Anne and her success with the King?
3. How does Mary describe Jane Seymour to William?
4. How does George first experience the public's rejection of Anne?
5. What does Anne have built for Henry for a New Year present?
6. Who marries Henry and Anne and what does he think of Henry's previous marriage?
7. What does Mary think about Catherine asking to go to court?
8. When Mary is summoned back to court, what are the conditions?
9. Who are the people who know of Anne's latest pregnancy?
10. What is the new law the Henry legislates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The sibling relationships in this story are different from what one today might consider appropriate.
Part 1: Describe the relationship between Mary and George.
Part 2: Describe the relationship between Anne and George.
Part 3: Describe the scenes in which George and Anne seemed to cross a line of decency in their relationship. Describe at least 2 situations.
Essay Topic 2
While Anne Boleyn seems to get more of the attention in history books, she is certainly something different than the title of this novel suggests.
Part 1: Do you think Anne or Mary was the more important Boleyn girl? Why did you choose the answer you did?
Part 2: If you have read about Anne Boleyn before, how has your opinion changed of her?
Part 3: After seeing the progression of events in the story, is Mary a lesser or a greater character in terms of her growth in the novel? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Anne Boleyn is executed, just as the stories and history books have told us for years.
Part 1: Why was Anne sentenced to death? What were the charges?
Part 2: Why do you think King Henry VIII waited so long to punish and execute Anne?
Part 3: Do you think it was right for Anne to be executed? Why or why not?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)