|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anne hide to avoid the crowd?
2. Who is the new woman to be presented to Henry as a lover?
3. What was sent for Mary and William's journey?
4. Who teaches the woman in #129 how to behave for the King?
5. What does Anne eat to increase her fertility?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Anne seen in the eyes of the English people?
2. What does Mary say that the secret is of Anne and her success with the King?
3. Why will Anne not allow Mary to go to Hever?
4. What is the new law the Henry legislates?
5. What does George think is the cause of Anne's temper tantrums?
6. What do Anne and George do to help Anne's stillbirth?
7. What is the great disappointment of Anne's delivery?
8. What is Anne promised if she signs the annulment papers quickly?
9. When Mary is summoned back to court, what are the conditions?
10. What is Anne instructed to tell Henry about her miscarriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, Anne Boleyn is executed, just as the stories and history books have told us for years.
Part 1: Why was Anne sentenced to death? What were the charges?
Part 2: Why do you think King Henry VIII waited so long to punish and execute Anne?
Part 3: Do you think it was right for Anne to be executed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The sibling relationships in this story are different from what one today might consider appropriate.
Part 1: Describe the relationship between Mary and George.
Part 2: Describe the relationship between Anne and George.
Part 3: Describe the scenes in which George and Anne seemed to cross a line of decency in their relationship. Describe at least 2 situations.
Essay Topic 3
Mary is the sister that is asked to do a lot for the family, and she rarely questions it.
Part 1: Why do you think Mary goes along with the plans of her family?
Part 2: What are some of the things Mary does that she disagrees with?
Part 3: Do you think Mary feels like a pawn in the court life? Why or why not?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)