|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Pope do to Henry?
2. What does Mary give birth to in the snowy winter?
3. How would Mary and George describe Anne's gift to Henry?
4. What are men writing to the Queen when Mary returns to court?
5. Who does Anne insist on taking with her when she is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the ways Anne is behaving like Queen Katherine?
2. Who are the people who know of Anne's latest pregnancy?
3. What does Mary say that the secret is of Anne and her success with the King?
4. When Mary is summoned back to court, what are the conditions?
5. When it is time for Mary to go to Hever to see her children, what does Anne inform Mary Anne has done?
6. What is Anne instructed to tell Henry about her miscarriage?
7. What do George and Mary think of the present from #41?
8. What does George think is the cause of Anne's temper tantrums?
9. How does George first experience the public's rejection of Anne?
10. What do Anne and George do to help Anne's stillbirth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne seems to have some self esteem issues in this story, going back and forth between feeling like a whore to feeling like the most powerful person in the world.
Part 1: Give some examples of how Anne seems to have low self esteem. What does she do/say that makes you believe this?
Part 2: Are there times when Anne is simply content? If not, why not?
Part 3: Do you think Anne is a happy person when she gets what she wants? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The King changes many rules in order to make the world the way he wants it to operate.
Part 1: List some of the rules the King made up in order to ensure he got what he wanted.
Part 2: What do you think the King's abuse of power says about him?
Part 3: Do you agree that the King should be able to change any rule on a whim? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Anne Boleyn is executed, just as the stories and history books have told us for years.
Part 1: Why was Anne sentenced to death? What were the charges?
Part 2: Why do you think King Henry VIII waited so long to punish and execute Anne?
Part 3: Do you think it was right for Anne to be executed? Why or why not?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)