|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary tell Anne Henry will not tolerate?
2. Where is Mary confined until the baby is born?
3. What is it customary for the people of the city to see the royal court do?
4. How old is Mary Boleyn when the story begins?
5. What does the Queen wear in court?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne attempt to have control over her sister?
2. What are George's sisters' reactions to his confession of love for Francis Weston?
3. What does Anne find Queen Katherine is still doing?
4. How does King Henry take control of the church?
5. How has the Queen defied the King's order?
6. How does Anne make sure Cardinal Wolsey does not stand in the way of her plans?
7. What does King Henry send as gifts to Mary's baby once she is born?
8. Describe the motivations of the Boleyn family
9. When is Anne not treated by all as the Queen of England?
10. What happens after Mary's son is born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary seems to fall in love with King Henry VIII pretty easily, a little too easily for some readers. But is this really the case?
Part 1: What does Mary see in Henry VIII that makes him attractive to her?
Part 2: Is Mary talked into her feelings for the King? If so, how?
Part 3: Do you believe Mary actually loved the King? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Mary, in the end, chooses a very different life than Anne.
Part 1: Why do you think Mary chooses the simpler life?
Part 2: What does Mary's choice say about her and about her motivations?
Part 3: At the end, Mary still feels she would like to go back to court someday. Why do you think she still longs for that life?
Essay Topic 3
Love seems to be more of a commodity than an actual emotion in this novel at times.
Part 1: Who are some of the characters that are actually in love in this story?
Part 2: How is real love demonstrated in these relationships?
Part 3: Do you think Anne is capable of love? Why or why not?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)