|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies from the illness in #62
2. What does Uncle Howard send to Mary to give to King Henry for Christmas?
3. Where is Mary confined until the baby is born?
4. Who wishes Katherine would die?
5. Who gives Mary the message the the King wants her in his rooms for wine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the ways Anne is behaving like Queen Katherine?
2. What do Mary and William Stafford both say about the boat trip crossing the English Channel?
3. What does Mary confess to the Queen?
4. Why does King Henry refuse to joust?
5. When Mary is summoned back to court, what are the conditions?
6. Describe Mary Boleyn.
7. Why doesn't Henry share a bed with Mary over the Christmas holiday?
8. Why is the King in a dark mood?
9. What are George's sisters' reactions to his confession of love for Francis Weston?
10. What does Henry do at the May celebration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of a nobody is something that keeps Mary away from William for a while.
Part 1: How does one define "nobody" in this story?
Part 2: Give a list of some of the nobodies in the story.
Part 3: When Mary is told she doesn't really want to be a nobody, even though she does marry one, what does this say about Mary?
Essay Topic 2
Anne seems to have some self esteem issues in this story, going back and forth between feeling like a whore to feeling like the most powerful person in the world.
Part 1: Give some examples of how Anne seems to have low self esteem. What does she do/say that makes you believe this?
Part 2: Are there times when Anne is simply content? If not, why not?
Part 3: Do you think Anne is a happy person when she gets what she wants? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Mary seems to fall in love with King Henry VIII pretty easily, a little too easily for some readers. But is this really the case?
Part 1: What does Mary see in Henry VIII that makes him attractive to her?
Part 2: Is Mary talked into her feelings for the King? If so, how?
Part 3: Do you believe Mary actually loved the King? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,868 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)