|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cardinal Wolsey order to celebrate the victory in #31?
2. What is Queen Katherine still doing for Henry?
3. What does Mary name her first child?
4. "You have to be a ________ to be loved by this family."
5. Who wants to own a hop field, apple orchard and sheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary confess to the Queen?
2. What does King Henry do when he hears Mary is pregnant with his child?
3. Describe Mary Boleyn.
4. What is Mary's and George's fantasies of a dream life?
5. What happens after Mary's son is born?
6. Why has Cardinal Wolsey arranged a secret court at Westminster?
7. How does King Henry take control of the church?
8. Describe Anne's condition in the section "Summer 1528."
9. What happens to Henry Fitzroy since the King is so desperate for an heir?
10. What are George's sisters' reactions to his confession of love for Francis Weston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The constant searching for power and favors from the King make the Howard-Boleyn family something of an enigma to many modern readers.
Part 1: What is the goal of the Howard-Boleyn family?
Part 2: How does the family work to achieve their goal?
Part 3: Do you think this is a loving family? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Mary is the sister that is asked to do a lot for the family, and she rarely questions it.
Part 1: Why do you think Mary goes along with the plans of her family?
Part 2: What are some of the things Mary does that she disagrees with?
Part 3: Do you think Mary feels like a pawn in the court life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Anne Boleyn is executed, just as the stories and history books have told us for years.
Part 1: Why was Anne sentenced to death? What were the charges?
Part 2: Why do you think King Henry VIII waited so long to punish and execute Anne?
Part 3: Do you think it was right for Anne to be executed? Why or why not?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)