Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Queen Katherine from?
2. With whom does Anne blatantly flirt?
3. Who is the gentleman asked to escort Mary on her travel to Hever?
4. King Henry is looking through the Bible for support that his marriage was not _______.
5. What is Anne made to do in order to keep her skin youthful?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George first experience the public's rejection of Anne?
2. What does the letter from Mary's father have to tell her?
3. Why doesn't Henry share a bed with Mary over the Christmas holiday?
4. When Mary is summoned back to court, what are the conditions?
5. What is happening as Mary's pregnancy continues?
6. What does King Henry send as gifts to Mary's baby once she is born?
7. What are some of the ways Anne is behaving like Queen Katherine?
8. How is Anne seen in the eyes of the English people?
9. Describe Anne's condition in the section "Summer 1528."
10. Why will Anne not allow Mary to go to Hever?
Mary seems to fall in love with King Henry VIII pretty easily, a little too easily for some readers. But is this really the case?
Part 1: What does Mary see in Henry VIII that makes him attractive to her?
Part 2: Is Mary talked into her feelings for the King? If so, how?
Part 3: Do you believe Mary actually loved the King? Why or why not?
The sibling relationships in this story are different from what one today might consider appropriate.
Part 1: Describe the relationship between Mary and George.
Part 2: Describe the relationship between Anne and George.
Part 3: Describe the scenes in which George and Anne seemed to cross a line of decency in their relationship. Describe at least 2 situations.
Mary and Anne could not be more different, though many of their actions parallel each other.
Part 1: Describe the character of Mary.
Part 2: Describe the character of Anne.
Part 3: Compare and contrast the two sisters. Are they more alike or more different?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)