|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called the Queen of May?
2. To where does Anne invite Mary and William?
3. Mary's family plans to say that Mary's marriage to William Carey was never __________.
4. Little Princess Mary is to be married with someone from what country?
5. Who tells Mary she is no better than her weasel sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has the Queen missed her "courses"?
2. Why does King Henry refuse to joust?
3. Describe Mary Boleyn.
4. What does King Henry send as gifts to Mary's baby once she is born?
5. How does Anne attempt to have control over her sister?
6. Why is the King in a dark mood?
7. Describe Anne's condition in the section "Summer 1528."
8. Describe the motivations of the Boleyn family
9. What is in the letter Mary receives from her sister Anne?
10. What does King Henry do when he hears Mary is pregnant with his child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary and Anne could not be more different, though many of their actions parallel each other.
Part 1: Describe the character of Mary.
Part 2: Describe the character of Anne.
Part 3: Compare and contrast the two sisters. Are they more alike or more different?
Essay Topic 2
Mary, in the end, chooses a very different life than Anne.
Part 1: Why do you think Mary chooses the simpler life?
Part 2: What does Mary's choice say about her and about her motivations?
Part 3: At the end, Mary still feels she would like to go back to court someday. Why do you think she still longs for that life?
Essay Topic 3
Many authors use foreshadowing to give the reader hints as to events to come. In the very first chapter, Mary's conversation with her mother seems to foreshadow the rest of the book.
Part 1: What happens in the conversation between Mary and her mother?
Part 2: How does this conversation foreshadow other parts of the book?
Part 3: What does this conversation say about Mary? About her mother?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)