|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Queen Katherine from?
2. Who is Queen Katherine's confessor?
3. What does George have when Mary returns to the court?
4. What does Uncle Howard send to Mary to give to King Henry for Christmas?
5. Who accidentally intercepts a coded message?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King Henry take control of the church?
2. How has the Queen defied the King's order?
3. Why is the King in a dark mood?
4. Why doesn't Henry share a bed with Mary over the Christmas holiday?
5. How does Anne make sure Cardinal Wolsey does not stand in the way of her plans?
6. What are George's sisters' reactions to his confession of love for Francis Weston?
7. What happens as a result of Mary's second pregnancy?
8. Why does Mary shed tears over the cutting of little Henry's hair?
9. What does King Henry send as gifts to Mary's baby once she is born?
10. What happens after Mary's son is born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary and Anne could not be more different, though many of their actions parallel each other.
Part 1: Describe the character of Mary.
Part 2: Describe the character of Anne.
Part 3: Compare and contrast the two sisters. Are they more alike or more different?
Essay Topic 2
Anne seems to have some self esteem issues in this story, going back and forth between feeling like a whore to feeling like the most powerful person in the world.
Part 1: Give some examples of how Anne seems to have low self esteem. What does she do/say that makes you believe this?
Part 2: Are there times when Anne is simply content? If not, why not?
Part 3: Do you think Anne is a happy person when she gets what she wants? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of a nobody is something that keeps Mary away from William for a while.
Part 1: How does one define "nobody" in this story?
Part 2: Give a list of some of the nobodies in the story.
Part 3: When Mary is told she doesn't really want to be a nobody, even though she does marry one, what does this say about Mary?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)