|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mary tell Henry she is pregnant?
2. How old is Princess Katherine?
3. For how long does George join Mary at the location in #70?
4. What has the Queen been missing, causing others to believe she's pregnant?
5. Who is called the Queen of May?
Short Essay Questions
1. When is Anne not treated by all as the Queen of England?
2. Why is the Boleyn family unsure of who to promote to the King?
3. How does Anne attempt to have control over her sister?
4. How does Anne make sure Cardinal Wolsey does not stand in the way of her plans?
5. What does King Henry do when he hears Mary is pregnant with his child?
6. What is happening as Mary's pregnancy continues?
7. What does Mary confess to the Queen?
8. Why is the King in a dark mood?
9. Describe Mary Boleyn.
10. What is in the letter Mary receives from her sister Anne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The sibling relationships in this story are different from what one today might consider appropriate.
Part 1: Describe the relationship between Mary and George.
Part 2: Describe the relationship between Anne and George.
Part 3: Describe the scenes in which George and Anne seemed to cross a line of decency in their relationship. Describe at least 2 situations.
Essay Topic 2
Mary and Anne could not be more different, though many of their actions parallel each other.
Part 1: Describe the character of Mary.
Part 2: Describe the character of Anne.
Part 3: Compare and contrast the two sisters. Are they more alike or more different?
Essay Topic 3
Many people, after reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" feel the story of Henry VIII is somehow different from the one they've learned in school or on their own.
Part 1: What did you think of the Henry VIII story before you read this book? What were your experiences of it?
Part 2: Do you think this story's portrayal of the history is accurate? Why or why not?
Part 3: How has your opinion of Henry VIII changed? Or has it stayed the same? Why?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)