|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George have when Mary returns to the court?
2. Who tells Anne a woman should know her place?
3. What does King Henry refuse to do?
4. Who is the other family that competes with the Boleyns?
5. To where does Anne invite Mary and William?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne find Queen Katherine is still doing?
2. How has the Queen defied the King's order?
3. What happens as a result of Mary's second pregnancy?
4. Why does Mary shed tears over the cutting of little Henry's hair?
5. What happens after Mary's son is born?
6. Why is the Boleyn family unsure of who to promote to the King?
7. What are George's sisters' reactions to his confession of love for Francis Weston?
8. How does Anne make sure Cardinal Wolsey does not stand in the way of her plans?
9. How does Anne attempt to have control over her sister?
10. Why do people assume Mary is carrying a boy this time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne seems to have some self esteem issues in this story, going back and forth between feeling like a whore to feeling like the most powerful person in the world.
Part 1: Give some examples of how Anne seems to have low self esteem. What does she do/say that makes you believe this?
Part 2: Are there times when Anne is simply content? If not, why not?
Part 3: Do you think Anne is a happy person when she gets what she wants? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Mary is the sister that is asked to do a lot for the family, and she rarely questions it.
Part 1: Why do you think Mary goes along with the plans of her family?
Part 2: What are some of the things Mary does that she disagrees with?
Part 3: Do you think Mary feels like a pawn in the court life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
While Anne Boleyn seems to get more of the attention in history books, she is certainly something different than the title of this novel suggests.
Part 1: Do you think Anne or Mary was the more important Boleyn girl? Why did you choose the answer you did?
Part 2: If you have read about Anne Boleyn before, how has your opinion changed of her?
Part 3: After seeing the progression of events in the story, is Mary a lesser or a greater character in terms of her growth in the novel? Why?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)