Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Queen Katherine from?
2. With whom does Anne blatantly flirt?
3. Who is the gentleman asked to escort Mary on her travel to Hever?
4. King Henry is looking through the Bible for support that his marriage was not _______.
5. What is Anne made to do in order to keep her skin youthful?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George first experience the public's rejection of Anne?
2. What does the letter from Mary's father have to tell her?
3. Why doesn't Henry share a bed with Mary over the Christmas holiday?
4. When Mary is summoned back to court, what are the conditions?
5. What is happening as Mary's pregnancy continues?
6. What does King Henry send as gifts to Mary's baby once she is born?
7. What are some of the ways Anne is behaving like Queen Katherine?
8. How is Anne seen in the eyes of the English people?
9. Describe Anne's condition in the section "Summer 1528."
10. Why will Anne not allow Mary to go to Hever?
Essay Topic 1
Mary, in the end, chooses a very different life than Anne.
Part 1: Why do you think Mary chooses the simpler life?
Part 2: What does Mary's choice say about her and about her motivations?
Part 3: At the end, Mary still feels she would like to go back to court someday. Why do you think she still longs for that life?
Essay Topic 2
Sex is obviously a large part of this text and of the lives of the women and men in the novel.
Part 1: How does sex come into play in this novel? Who are some of the couples, for example?
Part 2: How is sex used in the story? Why do Mary and Anne, for example, have sex with the men in their lives? For love? For power? Both?
Part 3: What does the author seem to be saying about sex in this time period?
Essay Topic 3
The constant searching for power and favors from the King make the Howard-Boleyn family something of an enigma to many modern readers.
Part 1: What is the goal of the Howard-Boleyn family?
Part 2: How does the family work to achieve their goal?
Part 3: Do you think this is a loving family? Why or why not?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)