|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the Queen been missing, causing others to believe she's pregnant?
2. Who accidentally intercepts a coded message?
3. Who is a devout Catholic?
4. Whose handkerchief does the King wear under his breastplate?
5. What does Mary not like about the answer to #79?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Cardinal Wolsey arranged a secret court at Westminster?
2. What does King Henry do when he hears Mary is pregnant with his child?
3. Why do people assume Mary is carrying a boy this time?
4. What happens as a result of Mary's second pregnancy?
5. Describe the motivations of the Boleyn family
6. How has the Queen defied the King's order?
7. Why has the Queen missed her "courses"?
8. Why doesn't Henry share a bed with Mary over the Christmas holiday?
9. Why is the King in a dark mood?
10. What does Anne find Queen Katherine is still doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary seems to fall in love with King Henry VIII pretty easily, a little too easily for some readers. But is this really the case?
Part 1: What does Mary see in Henry VIII that makes him attractive to her?
Part 2: Is Mary talked into her feelings for the King? If so, how?
Part 3: Do you believe Mary actually loved the King? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Mary has to betray Queen Katherine in the story, saying she feels she has no choice. Is this really the truth?
Part 1: What does Mary do that ends up betraying the Queen?
Part 2: What rationalization does Mary give for her actions?
Part 3: Do you agree she had no choice? Why or why not? What else could she have done if you felt she did have a choice?
Essay Topic 3
Being a homosexual was a crime in the time of Henry VIII. And yet, there are homosexual characters in this novel.
Part 1: Why do you think being a homosexual was considered a crime?
Part 2: Why do you think George was so open about his sexuality, much to the dismay of his sisters?
Part 3: What do you think of the possible child that George and Anne created? What does that possibility say to you about these characters?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)