|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is George in love?
2. Who is exhausted and losing weight from all of the activity in the court?
3. With whom does Anne blatantly flirt?
4. Who is a devout Catholic?
5. What do the people who bet on the baby being a boy get?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Boleyn family unsure of who to promote to the King?
2. What happens to Henry Fitzroy since the King is so desperate for an heir?
3. What does King Henry send as gifts to Mary's baby once she is born?
4. Why is the King in a dark mood?
5. How does King Henry take control of the church?
6. Describe the motivations of the Boleyn family
7. Why does Mary shed tears over the cutting of little Henry's hair?
8. What happens as a result of Mary's second pregnancy?
9. Why does King Henry refuse to joust?
10. What is in the letter Mary receives from her sister Anne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many people, after reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" feel the story of Henry VIII is somehow different from the one they've learned in school or on their own.
Part 1: What did you think of the Henry VIII story before you read this book? What were your experiences of it?
Part 2: Do you think this story's portrayal of the history is accurate? Why or why not?
Part 3: How has your opinion of Henry VIII changed? Or has it stayed the same? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Mary seems to fall in love with King Henry VIII pretty easily, a little too easily for some readers. But is this really the case?
Part 1: What does Mary see in Henry VIII that makes him attractive to her?
Part 2: Is Mary talked into her feelings for the King? If so, how?
Part 3: Do you believe Mary actually loved the King? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Mary is the sister that is asked to do a lot for the family, and she rarely questions it.
Part 1: Why do you think Mary goes along with the plans of her family?
Part 2: What are some of the things Mary does that she disagrees with?
Part 3: Do you think Mary feels like a pawn in the court life? Why or why not?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)