|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wishes Katherine would die?
2. Who does Anne adopt, much to the dismay of Mary?
3. Who is prohibited from seeing both the King and the Queen?
4. While most of the family gets something in return for Anne's sexual techniques, who is left out of the King's generosity?
5. When Princess Mary is said to be near death, who goes to see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people assume Mary is carrying a boy this time?
2. What does King Henry send as gifts to Mary's baby once she is born?
3. What happens to Henry Fitzroy since the King is so desperate for an heir?
4. What are George's sisters' reactions to his confession of love for Francis Weston?
5. What happens after Mary's son is born?
6. How does Anne make sure Cardinal Wolsey does not stand in the way of her plans?
7. What does Anne find Queen Katherine is still doing?
8. What is in the letter Mary receives from her sister Anne?
9. Describe Mary Boleyn.
10. How does King Henry take control of the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love seems to be more of a commodity than an actual emotion in this novel at times.
Part 1: Who are some of the characters that are actually in love in this story?
Part 2: How is real love demonstrated in these relationships?
Part 3: Do you think Anne is capable of love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The constant searching for power and favors from the King make the Howard-Boleyn family something of an enigma to many modern readers.
Part 1: What is the goal of the Howard-Boleyn family?
Part 2: How does the family work to achieve their goal?
Part 3: Do you think this is a loving family? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Being a homosexual was a crime in the time of Henry VIII. And yet, there are homosexual characters in this novel.
Part 1: Why do you think being a homosexual was considered a crime?
Part 2: Why do you think George was so open about his sexuality, much to the dismay of his sisters?
Part 3: What do you think of the possible child that George and Anne created? What does that possibility say to you about these characters?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)