|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to some members of the court that Mary blames on her sister and her father?
2. From whom does Anne receive a note explaining that the Cardinal knows everything?
3. Little Princess Mary is to be married with someone from what country?
4. Who is called the Queen of May?
5. King Henry is looking through the Bible for support that his marriage was not _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Cardinal Wolsey arranged a secret court at Westminster?
2. When is Anne not treated by all as the Queen of England?
3. Why do people assume Mary is carrying a boy this time?
4. What does Anne find Queen Katherine is still doing?
5. How has the Queen defied the King's order?
6. What is Mary's and George's fantasies of a dream life?
7. What happens after Mary's son is born?
8. What happens as a result of Mary's second pregnancy?
9. What happens to Henry Fitzroy since the King is so desperate for an heir?
10. What is happening as Mary's pregnancy continues?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary is the sister that is asked to do a lot for the family, and she rarely questions it.
Part 1: Why do you think Mary goes along with the plans of her family?
Part 2: What are some of the things Mary does that she disagrees with?
Part 3: Do you think Mary feels like a pawn in the court life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Mary and Anne could not be more different, though many of their actions parallel each other.
Part 1: Describe the character of Mary.
Part 2: Describe the character of Anne.
Part 3: Compare and contrast the two sisters. Are they more alike or more different?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Anne Boleyn is executed, just as the stories and history books have told us for years.
Part 1: Why was Anne sentenced to death? What were the charges?
Part 2: Why do you think King Henry VIII waited so long to punish and execute Anne?
Part 3: Do you think it was right for Anne to be executed? Why or why not?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)