|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds Anne they are just both whores?
2. With whom does Anne blatantly flirt?
3. Who wants to own a hop field, apple orchard and sheep?
4. What is NOT one of the titles Henry VIII's bastard son already holds?
5. What has King Henry lost with Queen Katherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Mary's son is born?
2. How has the Queen defied the King's order?
3. Why does George have a black eye?
4. Why does King Henry refuse to joust?
5. What is in the letter Mary receives from her sister Anne?
6. How does Anne make sure Cardinal Wolsey does not stand in the way of her plans?
7. Why does Mary shed tears over the cutting of little Henry's hair?
8. What does King Henry send as gifts to Mary's baby once she is born?
9. What does Anne find Queen Katherine is still doing?
10. Why has the Queen missed her "courses"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of a nobody is something that keeps Mary away from William for a while.
Part 1: How does one define "nobody" in this story?
Part 2: Give a list of some of the nobodies in the story.
Part 3: When Mary is told she doesn't really want to be a nobody, even though she does marry one, what does this say about Mary?
Essay Topic 2
The constant searching for power and favors from the King make the Howard-Boleyn family something of an enigma to many modern readers.
Part 1: What is the goal of the Howard-Boleyn family?
Part 2: How does the family work to achieve their goal?
Part 3: Do you think this is a loving family? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The King changes many rules in order to make the world the way he wants it to operate.
Part 1: List some of the rules the King made up in order to ensure he got what he wanted.
Part 2: What do you think the King's abuse of power says about him?
Part 3: Do you agree that the King should be able to change any rule on a whim? Why or why not?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)