|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Princess Katherine?
2. "You have to be a ________ to be loved by this family."
3. Mary's family plans to say that Mary's marriage to William Carey was never __________.
4. What does Mary tell Anne Henry will not tolerate?
5. Anne orders Mary to go where in Autumn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King Henry do when he hears Mary is pregnant with his child?
2. What are George's sisters' reactions to his confession of love for Francis Weston?
3. How does Anne make sure Cardinal Wolsey does not stand in the way of her plans?
4. What is happening as Mary's pregnancy continues?
5. How does King Henry take control of the church?
6. Why is the King in a dark mood?
7. How has the Queen defied the King's order?
8. What happens after Mary's son is born?
9. Describe Mary Boleyn.
10. Why does Mary shed tears over the cutting of little Henry's hair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The King changes many rules in order to make the world the way he wants it to operate.
Part 1: List some of the rules the King made up in order to ensure he got what he wanted.
Part 2: What do you think the King's abuse of power says about him?
Part 3: Do you agree that the King should be able to change any rule on a whim? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Love seems to be more of a commodity than an actual emotion in this novel at times.
Part 1: Who are some of the characters that are actually in love in this story?
Part 2: How is real love demonstrated in these relationships?
Part 3: Do you think Anne is capable of love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Mary seems to fall in love with King Henry VIII pretty easily, a little too easily for some readers. But is this really the case?
Part 1: What does Mary see in Henry VIII that makes him attractive to her?
Part 2: Is Mary talked into her feelings for the King? If so, how?
Part 3: Do you believe Mary actually loved the King? Why or why not?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)