|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are men writing to the Queen when Mary returns to court?
(b) Death threats
(d) Simple notes
2. What was sent for Mary and William's journey?
(a) A royal group of horses
(b) A royal escort
(c) A royal coach
(d) A royal barge
3. What does Mary call Jane Seymour?
(a) A good woman
(b) A lustful whore
(c) A blanched snake
(d) A false Queen
4. George tells Anne she belongs in a Bagnio. What is that?
(b) A nunnery
(c) A mental institution
(d) A brothel
5. Where does Mary sit as she and George are covering for Anne and Henry?
(a) On the ground
(b) George's lap
(c) On a rock outside
(d) Anne's chair
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new woman to be presented to Henry as a lover?
2. Whose christening dress does Anne want to use for her coming child?
3. Who does Anne force to be present during the birth of the new child?
4. Who does Anne insist on taking with her when she is arrested?
5. Where was Anne promised she could go if she signed the annulment papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George first experience the public's rejection of Anne?
2. What is Anne's reaction when Mary tells her she is pregnant and married?
3. What are some of the ways Anne is behaving like Queen Katherine?
4. Why does Anne summon Mary back to court?
5. Why does Mary fear for George's safety?
6. What does the reader learn about Henry's sexual performance?
7. What do Mary and William Stafford both say about the boat trip crossing the English Channel?
8. When Mary is summoned back to court, what are the conditions?
9. Who is the King lustfully torn between now?
10. What does George think is the cause of Anne's temper tantrums?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)