|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Princess Mary is said to be near death, who goes to see her?
(c) Queen Katherine
(d) King Henry VIII
2. Who is Mary married to at the beginning of this novel?
(a) Henry VIII
(b) William Strafford
(c) William Carey
(d) No one
3. What do the people who bet on the baby being a boy get?
(c) The king's displeasure
4. Where does Mary go as the trial continues?
5. What does Mary not like about the answer to #79?
(a) His scheming
(b) His bad manners
(c) His preclusions
(d) His infidelity
Short Answer Questions
1. What is King Henry afraid to lose?
2. Who is a devout Catholic?
3. Who has a good education and discusses the idea in #43 with King Henry?
4. Where is the secret court that Cardinal Wolsey has arranged?
5. Who is sent by the Pope to make a determination on King Henry's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Queen defied the King's order?
2. What is happening as Mary's pregnancy continues?
3. What does King Henry send as gifts to Mary's baby once she is born?
4. What does King Henry do when he hears Mary is pregnant with his child?
5. How does Anne attempt to have control over her sister?
6. Why has Cardinal Wolsey arranged a secret court at Westminster?
7. What happens to Henry Fitzroy since the King is so desperate for an heir?
8. Why is the Boleyn family unsure of who to promote to the King?
9. What does Mary confess to the Queen?
10. What does the letter from Mary's father have to tell her?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)