|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wishes Katherine would die?
2. Who tells Anne a woman should know her place?
(a) Uncle Howard
(c) King Henry VIII
3. Where is Queen Katherine from?
4. What is it customary for the people of the city to see the royal court do?
5. The joyous news was that the French had been defeated at ________.
(c) The border
6. Where is Mary's sister Anne at the beginning of the story?
7. Who does Anne adopt, much to the dismay of Mary?
(a) Princess Mary
(d) Little Henry
8. Who tells Mary she is no better than her weasel sister?
(a) Uncle Howard
9. What is Anne made to do in order to keep her skin youthful?
(a) Take naps
(b) Rub oil on her face
(c) Lie still
(d) Walk in the rain
10. Who accidentally intercepts a coded message?
(b) Uncle Howard
11. How old is Princess Katherine?
12. Who is Mary married to at the beginning of this novel?
(a) William Strafford
(b) No one
(c) William Carey
(d) Henry VIII
13. For how long does George join Mary at the location in #70?
(a) 1 day
(b) 2 months
(c) 2 weeks
(d) 2 days
14. What do the people who bet on the baby being a boy get?
(a) The king's displeasure
15. Who is Henry VIII's only bastard son?
(a) George Boleyn
(b) Henry Fitzroy
(c) Henry Milton
(d) Brutus Blount
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to own a hop field, apple orchard and sheep?
2. What does King Henry refuse to do?
3. Whose handkerchief does the King wear under his breastplate?
4. From whom does Anne receive a note explaining that the Cardinal knows everything?
5. What has King Henry lost with Queen Katherine?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)