|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By Chapter 20, how many times has Commander Ga been to South Korea?
2. In Chapter 21, what does the radio announcer say is flying above Pyongyang?
3. In Part II, Chapter 10, how many couples are at the Grand People's Opera House when Commander Ga and Sun Moon arrive?
4. What does Commander Ga make Sun Moon eat at the end of Part II, Chapter 10?
5. Near what river is the peasant village where the city folk sleep in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and when does Sun Moon realize that she will never see her husband again?
2. What does Comrade Buc say happened to Sun Moon and her children?
3. Why does the Dear Leader say he will probably never see the Texas Commander Ga set up?
4. In Chapter 15 what has the Dear Leader done and how will it be celebrated?
5. Why does Comrade Buc say that Commander Ga didn't have anything to do with the missing actress?
6. How did Comrade Buc get his scar?
7. Why do soldiers come to see Commander Ga in Part II, Chapter 10?
8. In Chapter 16, how does Ga describe the stonings he participated in?
9. Where has Sun Moons seen the gun that Kim Jong Il gives Commander Ga?
10. What answer does Commander Ga give when Sun Moon asks him why he was in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the reasons why Commander Ga and other officials wanted the white rock from Prison 33? What power did this represent?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the Dear Leader want to cling to the idea that a syndrome is at work in the relationship between himself and the rower girl?
Essay Topic 3
Jun Do was not an orphan, yet he lived in an orphanage. Why did Jun Do live in an orphan and bear an orphan's name if he was not an orphan?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)