|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What script does Kim Jong Il send in Chapter 14 to Sun Moon?
2. What is North Korea's most poisonous snake?
3. In Chapter 15, what treatise of the Dear Leader is published?
4. Where does Commander Ga meet with the Dear Leader in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. By Chapter 19, how many years had the narrator used the Pubyok badge to escape harvest details?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, how is Wonsan described?
2. Why do Sun Moon and Ga go the the Martyrs' Cemetery in Chapter 16?
3. What does Ga suggest the Dear Leader give the Americans?
4. What does Buc say about the chances of getting out of North Korea?
5. How did the Propaganda boys write the story of a lady missionary who snuck in from the south with a satchel of Bibles?
6. What answer does Commander Ga give when Sun Moon asks him why he was in prison?
7. In Chapter 15 what has the Dear Leader done and how will it be celebrated?
8. What does Ga fix to eat at the cemetery?
9. In Chapter 16, how does Ga describe the stonings he participated in?
10. Why does the narrator have a good night's sleep sleeping out in the open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jun Do was not an orphan, yet he lived in an orphanage. Why did Jun Do live in an orphan and bear an orphan's name if he was not an orphan?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Comrade Buc was a realist and how his actions demonstrated this.
Essay Topic 3
What information did Comrade Buc reveal that made the interrogators begin to think about the future and what it might hold for them? Why did what he said relate to their future?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)