|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many prisoners are incarcerated in Prison Number 9?
2. What type of shoes does Officer So give Jun Do?
3. Which country was a pioneer in training female interrogators?
4. What is the highest floor of apartment buildings were residents live?
5. In Part I, Chapter 4, from where can the radio in the car Jun Do is riding in pick up broadcasts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Pubyok?
2. After language school, where is Jun Do sent?
3. What is Jun Do's assignment after the kidnappings end?
4. How did the Second Mate's wife avoid being taken to Pyongyang when she was young?
5. What is Comrade Buc's job?
6. Why does the Captain ask Jun Do what he wants for being a hero?
7. What was Prison 9 and what happened to it?
8. Where is the language school where students are taught to speak English, and who are the students there?
9. What does Jun Do suggest the Americans do with the "tiger" meat?
10. What are some of the things the crew of the Junma catch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the depiction of the narrator reveal about the role of propaganda and coercion in North Korea?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the Interrogator and Dr. Song believe that truth was not an absolute?
Essay Topic 3
What factors--natural, political, and economic--lead to the disbanding of the orphanage where Jun Do and the other boys lived?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)