|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mongnan and Jun Do pick to eat as they leave the prison camp?
2. How many prisoners are incarcerated in Prison Number 9?
3. In Part I, Chapter 1 when the orphans were shoveling a powder from the boxcars, what color did they turn?
4. How many names are on the list used to name the orphans?
5. Who does Officer So say they will finally kidnap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What book does the Senator's wife try to give Jun Do, and why doesn't he take it?
2. Why are only the bottom nine floors of apartment buildings usually the only floors where people live?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, where does Jun Do recuperate?
4. What happens to the professor from Kaesong after the interrogation is finished?
5. What type of merchandise does Team Leader Gun had to barter?
6. What was Sun Moon's house like?
7. How does the crew of the fishing boat treat Jun Do as he performs his duties listening?
8. What is an interrogation team doing in Part II, Chapter 1, when Commander Ga is brought to Division 42?
9. How has the Junma been damaged by fire?
10. What is Comrade Buc's job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the retelling of the visit to the cemetery develop the theme of propaganda in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Why did no one, not even Kim Jong Il, question or make it publicly known that Commander Ga had died and an imposter took his place?
Essay Topic 3
Why were Dr. Song and Comrade Buc highly motivated to succeed at the mission to Texas?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)