|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the "floating wall" defenders save Pyongyang from invaders?
2. How many pints of blood does it take to kill someone who isn't getting well in Chapter 1?
3. What is Bo Song's handicap?
4. In Part II, Chapter 3, who do the North Korean table-tennis team defeat?
5. In Chapter 1, how many times does Office So say he has come to the shore of Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are some of the people that Jun Do kidnaps?
2. What is an interrogation team doing in Part II, Chapter 1, when Commander Ga is brought to Division 42?
3. Where is the language school where students are taught to speak English, and who are the students there?
4. How does Jun Do get a suit to wear to America?
5. What was Sun Moon's house like?
6. After language school, where is Jun Do sent?
7. What does Mognan help Jun Do find to eat as they leave the prison?
8. Why are only the bottom nine floors of apartment buildings usually the only floors where people live?
9. What was Prison 9 and what happened to it?
10. Why does the Captain ask Jun Do what he wants for being a hero?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Comrade Buc was a realist and how his actions demonstrated this.
Essay Topic 2
If Sun Moon's new script is an allegory, what does it reveal about her life and if she will be able to change the end of her story?
Essay Topic 3
Why, if Jun Do was a hero, was he beaten so badly that it took him a long while to recover?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)