|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the narrator lift a Pubyok badge?
(a) Kim Jong Il's birthday.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) April Fifteenth Celebration.
(d) Last year.
2. In Chapter 18, how long has Kim Jong Il been visiting the girl rower?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
3. By Chapter 20, how many times has Commander Ga been to South Korea?
4. In Chapter 15, what treatise of the Dear Leader is published?
(a) On the Art of the Cinema.
(b) On the Art of the Play.
(c) On the Art of Music.
(d) On the Art of Opera.
5. In Chapter 18, what name does Commander Ga type into master computer?
(a) Office So.
(b) Commander Ga Chol Chun.
(c) Dr. Song.
(d) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many blasts does the shock-work whistle in the morning?
2. How often were peasants bussed in to visit the capital?
3. What does Commander Ga hit with the car in Part II, Chapter 10?
4. Where does Commander Ga meet with the Dear Leader in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. What does Comrade Buc give Commander Ga in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator get caught up in a work detail for the rice harvest?
2. What does Ga fix to eat at the cemetery?
3. Why will Buc help Commander Ga engineer an escape?
4. What did Commander Ga want the prisoners in Camp 33 to look for in the mines and why?
5. Where has Sun Moons seen the gun that Kim Jong Il gives Commander Ga?
6. How did Buc's wife and daughters die?
7. What is the case against the nurse from Panmunjom?
8. Why do soldiers come to see Commander Ga in Part II, Chapter 10?
9. In Chapter 17, why are the narrator's neighbors taken away early one morning?
10. How did Comrade Buc get his scar?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)