|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 3, who does Jun Do remember helping up the stairs of the community housing block?
(b) First Mate.
(c) Second Mate.
(d) Sun Moon.
2. From what prison did the narrator believe that the man impersonating Commander Ga escaped from?
(a) Prison 33.
(b) Prison 48.
(c) Prison 19.
(d) Prison 27.
3. In Part II, Chapter 1, how long has a professor from Kaesong been interrogated?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What day is Kim Jong Il's birthday?
(a) March 3.
(b) February 16.
(c) January 9.
(d) April 12.
5. Where does Comrade Buc have a scar?
(a) Left cheek.
(b) Above his right eye.
(c) Left forearm.
(d) Right forearm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Jun Do dream?
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, when Jun Do is able to go to the toilet by himself, how many days has it been since he was interrogated?
3. When the second mate left the boat, what did he take?
4. When Officer So commandeers a fishing boat in Chapter 1, what do the fisherman have tattooed on their chests?
5. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does the Captain think Jun Do should ask for since he is a prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Second Mate's wife avoid being taken to Pyongyang when she was young?
2. Why does the Captain ask Jun Do what he wants for being a hero?
3. Who are the Pubyok?
4. What is Comrade Buc's job?
5. What happened when the Captain of the Junma was captured by the Russians?
6. How does Jun Do get a suit to wear to America?
7. What is Jun Do's assignment after the kidnappings end?
8. What is an interrogation team doing in Part II, Chapter 1, when Commander Ga is brought to Division 42?
9. Why are only the bottom nine floors of apartment buildings usually the only floors where people live?
10. Where is the language school where students are taught to speak English, and who are the students there?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)