|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prelude and Part One, Chapters 1 - 3 (pages 3 - 90).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jun Do when he becomes a soldier?
2. During the opera, in what language(s) does Rumina sing?
(a) Italian, German, Japanese, and Korean.
(c) Italian, French, Spanish, and Japanese.
3. What is the name of the girl that drowns after Gil throws her over the railing in Chapter 1?
4. How does the Orphan Master punish Jun Do sometimes?
(a) A whip.
(c) The smoking end of a coal shovel.
(d) A narrow board.
5. In what harbor did sharks offer fish to help sustain Admiral Yi's sailors during a siege?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prelude, what river are the engineers deepening?
2. How many stamps a day do military comfort girls receive for their quota books?
3. In Part I, Chapter 1 when the orphans were shoveling a powder from the boxcars, what color did they turn?
4. How many boys are left when the Orphan Master sends the boys to the military?
5. Where does Office So tell Jun Do that the other mission officers are?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)