Prelude and Part One, Chapters 1 - 3 (pages 3 - 90)
• All Jun Do knows about his mother is that she was a singer; that is all his father, the Orphan Master, will tell him.
• As the oldest boy at the orphanage, Long Tomorrows, Jun Do portions the food, assigns bunks, and renames the new boys.
• He doesn't receive any favoritism from his father; when the rabbit warren is dirty, he spends the night locked in it.
• When boys wet their bunks, he chips the frozen urine off the floor.
• Sometimes boys are adopted by a factory, or they are lent to work for a day.
• In the year Juche 85 the floods come and the boys are put to work trying to save the workers from the Sungli 58 factory from being swept into the harbor.
• After the flood comes famine, and the Orphan Master gives up, burns the boys' bunks, and...
This section contains 3,457 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)