|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
2. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
3. When did Napoleon win at Jena-Auerstadt?
4. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
5. When was "The Wealth of Nations" written in relation to Marx?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
2. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
3. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
4. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
5. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
6. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
7. What did the Church become in Europe?
8. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
9. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
10. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the five attributes that distinguish a state from a tribal organization, and use examples of each from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the rule of law and distinguish between law and legislation
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)