|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
2. When did Louis XIV die?
3. When did the major powers face growing demands for military expenditures?
4. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
5. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
2. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
3. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
4. What is political decay part of?
5. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
6. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
7. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
8. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
9. What did the Church become in Europe?
10. Where are the political factors traced back to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that Confucianism played in China.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the development of rule of law in world civilizations, and discuss the role that religion played in developing a stronger rule of law.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)