|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Battle of Lepanto take place?
2. When did King Bela III die?
3. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
4. What country has become what some political scientists label an "electoral authoritarian" regime according to Chapter 26?
5. What was the population of China at the start of the Ming Dynasty?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the three main institutions of modern democracy, and discuss how it benefits a government to have all three.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the probable contributors in the formation of a state and conclude whether Fukuyama's stance has merit.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Ottoman empire, including how it spread and why they were defeated.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)