|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Napoleon win at Jena-Auerstadt?
2. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
3. When did the Seigneurial courts lose their power in England?
4. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
5. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Church become in Europe?
2. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
3. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
4. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
5. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
6. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
7. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
8. Where are the political factors traced back to?
9. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
10. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the probable contributors in the formation of a state and conclude whether Fukuyama's stance has merit.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the five attributes that distinguish a state from a tribal organization, and use examples of each from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)