|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
2. What did Hayek say is not the result of top-down rational planning?
3. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
4. When did the Seigneurial courts lose their power in England?
5. When was the Duma reinstated after Peter the Great?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
2. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
3. What is political decay part of?
4. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
5. What two countries are examples of states that failed to develop accountability in Chapter 25?
6. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
7. What did the Church become in Europe?
8. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
9. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
10. What was British Common Law?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the modern political state evolved from tribal groups based on Fukuyama's discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Ottoman empire, including how it spread and why they were defeated.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of kinship, and the types of kinship, as discussed in Chapter 3.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)