|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emerged as a a result of lineages need to place to bury their ancestors and appease the souls of the dead according to Chapter 29?
2. How often were the lords and his commoner vassals called together to judge cases in feudal France?
3. When did Mátyás Hunyadi die?
4. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
5. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
2. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
3. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
4. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
5. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
6. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
7. What did the Church become in Europe?
8. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
9. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
10. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the thought of modern property rights and the tragedy of commons, and compare such views to that of Fukuyama.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the development of rule of law in world civilizations, and discuss the role that religion played in developing a stronger rule of law.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the probable contributors in the formation of a state and conclude whether Fukuyama's stance has merit.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)