|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
2. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
3. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
4. What is kanunname derived from?
5. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the five attributes that distinguish a state from a tribal organization, and use examples of each from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the three main institutions of modern democracy, and discuss how it benefits a government to have all three.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the thought of modern property rights and the tragedy of commons, and compare such views to that of Fukuyama.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)