|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
2. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
3. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
4. How much land did the French peasants own at the eve of the Revolution?
5. How long did the Russian occupation by the Mongols last?
Essay Topic 1
Choose a political theorist discussed in Chapter 2 and refute or support their opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the Catholic Church in Europe and why Pope Gregory VII clashed with Holy Roman Emperor Henry IV, and the eventual resolution.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of Brahminism and social castes in India and Fukuyama's theories regarding the causes of political development in India.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)