|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Louis XIV die?
2. When was the Duma reinstated after Peter the Great?
3. When did Mátyás Hunyadi die?
4. When did the French revolution take place?
5. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
2. What was British Common Law?
3. What did the Church become in Europe?
4. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
5. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
6. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
7. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
8. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
9. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
10. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of kinship, and the types of kinship, as discussed in Chapter 3.
Essay Topic 2
Define legalism and compare legalism with Confucianism, and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the modern political state evolved from tribal groups based on Fukuyama's discussion.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)