|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
2. What king imposed the Magna Carta after a military defeat?
3. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
4. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
5. How often were the lords and his commoner vassals called together to judge cases in feudal France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Church become in Europe?
2. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
3. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
4. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
5. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
6. Where are the political factors traced back to?
7. What is political decay part of?
8. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
9. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
10. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the Mamluks and discuss how they came into power and why they were conquered.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of kinship, and the types of kinship, as discussed in Chapter 3.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the four differing results relating to accountability and examine the examples of each.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)