|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
2. What class was eliminated by the two world wars in Germany?
3. How long did the Russian occupation by the Mongols last?
4. What led Emperor Chengu to cancel long distance voyages?
5. What countries were examples of weak absolutism and failed accountability, according to Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
2. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
3. What two countries are examples of states that failed to develop accountability in Chapter 25?
4. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
5. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
6. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
7. What is political decay part of?
8. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
9. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
10. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that Confucianism played in China.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the modern political state evolved from tribal groups based on Fukuyama's discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the three main institutions of modern democracy, and discuss how it benefits a government to have all three.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)