|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Republic of China move to Taiwan according to Chapter 20?
2. When was the Table of Ranks put in place in Russia?
3. When did the Moorish bastion of Grenada fell?
4. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
5. How often were the lords and his commoner vassals called together to judge cases in feudal France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was British Common Law?
2. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
3. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
4. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
5. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
6. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
7. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
8. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
9. What two countries are examples of states that failed to develop accountability in Chapter 25?
10. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Ottoman empire, including how it spread and why they were defeated.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the rule of law and distinguish between law and legislation
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the modern political state evolved from tribal groups based on Fukuyama's discussion.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)