|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
2. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
3. When did the French revolution take place?
4. When did Louis XIV die?
5. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
2. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
3. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
4. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
5. What was British Common Law?
6. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
7. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
8. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
9. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
10. What is political decay part of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a political theorist discussed in Chapter 2 and refute or support their opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Define legalism and compare legalism with Confucianism, and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of kinship, and the types of kinship, as discussed in Chapter 3.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)