|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
2. When did the major powers face growing demands for military expenditures?
3. What country has become what some political scientists label an "electoral authoritarian" regime according to Chapter 26?
4. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
5. How long did the Russian occupation by the Mongols last?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
2. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
3. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
4. What is political decay part of?
5. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
6. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
7. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
8. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
9. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
10. What did the Church become in Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the four differing results relating to accountability and examine the examples of each.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the probable contributors in the formation of a state and conclude whether Fukuyama's stance has merit.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of Brahminism and social castes in India and Fukuyama's theories regarding the causes of political development in India.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)