|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Napoleon win at Jena-Auerstadt?
2. What countries were examples of weak absolutism and failed accountability, according to Chapter 25?
3. When was "Political Order in Changing Societies" published according to Chapter 30?
4. What led Emperor Chengu to cancel long distance voyages?
5. When did the Seigneurial courts lose their power in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
2. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
3. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
4. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
5. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
6. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
7. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
8. What was British Common Law?
9. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
10. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of Brahminism and social castes in India and Fukuyama's theories regarding the causes of political development in India.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Ottoman empire, including how it spread and why they were defeated.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)