|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
2. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
3. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
4. What king imposed the Magna Carta after a military defeat?
5. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was British Common Law?
2. What is political decay part of?
3. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
4. Where are the political factors traced back to?
5. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
6. What two countries are examples of states that failed to develop accountability in Chapter 25?
7. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
8. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
9. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
10. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the probable contributors in the formation of a state and conclude whether Fukuyama's stance has merit.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a political theorist discussed in Chapter 2 and refute or support their opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)