|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Sir Edward Coke die?
2. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
3. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
4. When was the Golden Bull put in effect?
5. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
2. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
3. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
4. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
5. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
6. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
7. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
8. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
9. What is political decay part of?
10. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Ottoman empire, including how it spread and why they were defeated.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of Brahminism and social castes in India and Fukuyama's theories regarding the causes of political development in India.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the development of rule of law in world civilizations, and discuss the role that religion played in developing a stronger rule of law.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)