|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was an examination system put back in place in China?
2. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
3. When did the Mongols enter Hungary?
4. When did Napoleon win at Jena-Auerstadt?
5. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
2. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
3. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
4. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
5. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
6. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
7. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
8. Where are the political factors traced back to?
9. What two countries are examples of states that failed to develop accountability in Chapter 25?
10. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the Catholic Church in Europe and why Pope Gregory VII clashed with Holy Roman Emperor Henry IV, and the eventual resolution.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the development of rule of law in world civilizations, and discuss the role that religion played in developing a stronger rule of law.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)