|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
2. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
3. What countries were examples of weak absolutism and failed accountability, according to Chapter 25?
4. When was an examination system put back in place in China?
5. When did the Kwangju massacre take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the political factors traced back to?
2. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
3. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
4. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
5. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
6. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
7. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
8. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
9. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
10. What did the Church become in Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the modern political state evolved from tribal groups based on Fukuyama's discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the thought of modern property rights and the tragedy of commons, and compare such views to that of Fukuyama.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)