|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
2. When did the Supreme Court rule on the Lochner v. New York case?
3. When was the Table of Ranks put in place in Russia?
4. When did the Battle of Lepanto take place?
5. When did the French revolution take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Church become in Europe?
2. What is political decay part of?
3. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
4. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
5. Where are the political factors traced back to?
6. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
7. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
8. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
9. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
10. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the probable contributors in the formation of a state and conclude whether Fukuyama's stance has merit.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the Catholic Church in Europe and why Pope Gregory VII clashed with Holy Roman Emperor Henry IV, and the eventual resolution.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the Mamluks and discuss how they came into power and why they were conquered.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)