|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are not formally accountable to their people except through a parliament with very limited powers, but have been careful to attend to the demands of the various groups that make up the country?
2. What problem did the Chinese not solve?
3. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
4. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
5. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
2. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
3. Where are the political factors traced back to?
4. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
5. What is political decay part of?
6. What did the Church become in Europe?
7. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
8. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
9. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
10. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the four differing results relating to accountability and examine the examples of each.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a political theorist discussed in Chapter 2 and refute or support their opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the Mamluks and discuss how they came into power and why they were conquered.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)