|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
2. What did Hayek say is not the result of top-down rational planning?
3. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
4. What was the population of China at the start of the Ming Dynasty?
5. When did the Catholic Church declare its independence from secular authorities?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
2. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
3. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
4. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
5. What was British Common Law?
6. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
7. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
8. What is political decay part of?
9. Where are the political factors traced back to?
10. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the probable contributors in the formation of a state and conclude whether Fukuyama's stance has merit.
Essay Topic 2
Define legalism and compare legalism with Confucianism, and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a political theorist discussed in Chapter 2 and refute or support their opinions.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)