Short Answer Key
Preface and Part I, Chapters 1-2
1. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
2. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
3. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
1 in 5.
4. When did the Berlin Wall fall?
5. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
6. When did India became independent?
7. What percentage of taxes are collected in the U.S?
More than 30%.
8. How many movies does Nigeria produce?
As much as Bollywood.
9. Who was Seymour Martin?
10. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
Comparable to the Roman Empire.
11. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not...
This section contains 2,125 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)