|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed the grand councilor Li Si?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) His personal guards.
(c) Empress Xu.
(d) A eunuch.
2. What justified an armed rebellion against the Emperor in China?
(a) The loss of the Mandate of Stability.
(b) The loss of the Mandate of Heaven.
(c) The loss of the Mandate of Tang.
(d) The loss of the Mandate of Governance.
3. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
(a) The Grum.
(b) The Mari.
(c) The Nuer.
(d) The Glo.
4. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
(a) A Somalian chief.
(b) An Ivory Coast chief.
(c) A Nigerian chief.
(d) A New Guinean chief.
5. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
(a) 7 B.C.
(b) 5 B.C.
(c) 9 B.C.
(d) 12 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Communists claim victory in China?
2. When were the collective farms disbanded in China?
3. How much land remained privately owned in the USSR?
4. When did Ajatashatru die?
5. When did Alexander I of Russia manage to overrun a good part of Europe?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)