|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Difficulties on Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are some useless organs sill found in animals?
(a) Selection takes time.
(b) They have not been bred out.
(c) All organs have a purpose.
(d) They were used by ancestors.
2. Which of the following tends to live over larger areas?
3. What happens when two species from different climates interbreed?
(a) Some traits are not selected for.
(b) All traits are selected for.
(c) Traits favoring the previous climate are still selected for.
4. When is the only time a rational conclusion can be reached on a theory?
(a) After a committee discussion and agreement.
(b) When one side comes up with more proof.
(c) You can never draw a conclusion in science.
(d) When both sides have been considered.
5. What do Naturalists suggest is one definite distinction between a species and a variety?
(b) Life span.
(c) Geographical range.
(d) Size of groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is required for a species to continue to grow?
2. What do scientists attribute to organs that cannot be explained by natural selection?
3. On what ship did Darwin ride while writing The Origin of Species?
4. What typically happens to a species that begins to vary and forms two distinct species?
5. Why would one organism be able to survive in a climate that another could not?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)