|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Difficulties on Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Darwin's ship travel?
(c) North America.
(d) South America.
2. What type of work is presented in The Origin of Species?
3. What does natural selection say about the most distinct characteristic of a species?
(a) It will be the smallest change.
(b) It is the most recently changed.
(c) The change is seen in ancestors.
(d) It will be the largest change.
4. What bodily system do some scientists believe is responsible for producing individual differences?
5. Which term refers to a type of variation that is seen in most or all groups of organisms?
(a) Species variation.
(b) Definite variation.
(c) Organism variation.
(d) Indefinite variation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when species are inter-bred?
2. What aspect of organisms is not caused by chance?
3. What may hinder positive traits from being passed on during natural selection?
4. Why are some useless organs sill found in animals?
5. What animal does Darwin use as an example of an intermediate form of a full-land and full-flying animal?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)