|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Apollo in the first part of the third play, where must Orestes travel?
2. What do the Furies claim about Orestes to Athena?
(a) He will taint his sister's grace if allowed to live.
(b) He is cursed by his mother.
(c) He will kill all women if allowed to live.
(d) He is unfit to speak for himself.
3. Why does Orestes wish to return to the oracle at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) He wants to receive absolution for his deeds.
(b) He wants another prophecy revealed to him.
(c) He wants to receive punishment for his deeds.
(d) He wants to be reassured that he did the right thing.
4. What does Aegisthus claim after his entrance in "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) He cannot be fooled.
(b) He is thrice blessed by the gods.
(c) He is the wisest man in Mycenae.
(d) He is the father of Orestes.
5. Where does the second part of "The Eumenides" take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be the first action taken when Orestes and Pylades infiltrate the palace?
2. What does Orestes firmly reinforce while protesting his innocence to the council?
3. According to the chorus, to what did Clytemnestra give birth in her dream?
4. What does Orestes hold up as proof that his father has been avenged?
5. In the last part of "The Eumenides", why does Apollo appear in the court?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)