|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Furies claim about Orestes to Athena?
(a) He will taint his sister's grace if allowed to live.
(b) He is unfit to speak for himself.
(c) He will kill all women if allowed to live.
(d) He is cursed by his mother.
2. What does Orestes believe about the vision he is having at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) His father is cursing his son's actions.
(b) The Furies are going to take revenge upon him for his mother.
(c) His mother will haunt him for all his days.
(d) Aegisthus will try to avenge his death upon Electra.
3. What ends up freeing Orestes from the Furies at the end of "The Eumenides"?
(a) Athena's vote for Orestes breaks the tie in the Areopagus.
(b) The Areopagus votes for Orestes.
(c) Agamemnon's spirit asks the Furies to pursue him in Orestes' place.
(d) Clytemnestra's spirit pleads for her son's freedom.
4. Why does Clytemnestra grieve after the false news of her son's death?
(a) Orestes is the only hope of breaking the family curse.
(b) She regrets banishing him..
(c) She regrets her treatment of Electra.
(d) Orestes was the only child she loved.
5. What is heard from inside the palace after Aegisthus enters it?
(a) Electra screaming as Aegisthus murders her.
(b) Pylades is screaming as Aegisthus murders him.
(c) Aegisthus screaming as he is being murdered.
(d) Orestes screaming as he is murdered by Aegisthus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the second part of "The Eumenides" take place?
2. About whom was the oracle's vision?
3. What is revealed with Orestes in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
4. Why is it important that Athena know about Orestes' familial relations?
5. According to Apollo in the first part of the third play, where must Orestes travel?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)