|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the last part of "The Eumenides", why does Apollo appear in the court?
(a) He is there to keep the Furies under control.
(b) He is there to testify in Orestes' favor.
(c) He is there to testify against Orestes.
(d) He is there to protect Orestes during the trial.
2. What is revealed with Orestes in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Electra's body.
(b) Cilissa's body.
(c) Aegisthus's body.
(d) His father's armor.
3. What do the Furies celebrate in poem and dance in the second part of "The Eumenides"?
(a) Their immortality, power, and divine right.
(b) The freedom of Clytemnestra's soul.
(c) The vengeance of all women.
(d) The imminent death of Orestes.
4. Why is it important that Athena know about Orestes' familial relations?
(a) Athena cursed Atreus.
(b) Athena favored Clytemnestra above all other queens.
(c) Athena favored Agamemnon during the Trojan War.
(d) Athena favors Electra as a priestess.
5. Whom must Cilissa go fetch?
(c) The leader of the chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orestes promise Zeus if he succeeds in his revenge?
2. What does Orestes firmly reinforce while protesting his innocence to the council?
3. What would happen to Orestes if he did not take revenge upon his mother, according the oracle?
4. What does Apollo claim about mothers and fathers in the last part of "The Eumenides"?
5. In what state is Orestes' old nurse, Cilissa, upon hearing that Orestes was murdered?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)