|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the judges' vote after the trial?
(a) The vote is divided evenly.
(b) The judges did not vote as they wished to avoid the wrath of the Furies and of the gods.
(c) The vote is in favor of Orestes.
(d) The vote is in favor of the Furies.
2. What do the Eumenides claim about Orestes' travels in the second part of "The Eumenides"?
(a) The voyage should have killed him.
(b) His journey has been useless.
(c) Orestes is defying the will of the gods.
(d) Apollo has been granting him unfair advantages in his travels.
3. In what state is Orestes' old nurse, Cilissa, upon hearing that Orestes was murdered?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is distraught.
4. How does Orestes introduce himself to Athena?
(a) He tells her he is Atreus's grandson.
(b) He tells her he is Agamemnon's son.
(c) He tells her he is Clytemnestra's son.
(d) He tells her he is Electra's brother.
5. How does Orestes convince Electra that he is her brother when they find each other at Agamemnon's tomb?
(a) He looks like their father.
(b) He has the marks from their mother's abuse on him.
(c) He bears letters from her.
(d) He is wearing the robe she made for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the beginning of "The Eumenides" take place?
2. What does Orestes see when he cries out in terror after he has avenged his father's murder?
3. For what does the chorus pray in the third part of the second play?
4. What do the Furies celebrate in poem and dance in the second part of "The Eumenides"?
5. What does Athena name the judges who will vote on whether Orestes is guilty or not in the last part of the third play?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)