|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Furies complain about when Athena leaves in the second part of the third play?
(a) The older gods.
(b) The younger gods.
(d) The Ancients.
2. What does Clytemnestra call out for when she hears the noise from inside the palace in the third part of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) A sword.
(b) The Furies.
(c) Zeus's intervention.
(d) An axe.
3. What false news does the disguised Orestes give Clytemnestra?
(a) Electra has run away.
(b) Orestes is returning.
(c) Orestes is dead.
(d) Electra is dead.
4. What do the Furies tell Apollo about their hunt for Orestes?
(a) It is their right to avenge the death of Iphigenia upon anyone connected.
(b) It is their right to hunt someone who has left his sister an orphan.
(c) It is their right to punish those who murder their mothers.
(d) It is their right to hunt whom they please.
5. What has Electra been forced to do in the years since her father's death?
(a) Treat Aegisthus as her father.
(b) Mourn him in secret.
(c) Disown her brother.
(d) Disown her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Apollo in the first part of the third play, where must Orestes travel?
2. Where does the action of the third part of "The Libation Bearers" take place?
3. What is coming true for Clytemnestra in the fourth part of "The Libation Bearers"?
4. What do the Eumenides claim about Orestes' travels in the second part of "The Eumenides"?
5. Where does the beginning of "The Eumenides" take place?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)