|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Apollo appear at his altar?
(a) He wants to help Orestes.
(b) He is called down by the oracle.
(c) He appears at his altar daily.
(d) He senses the presence of the Furies.
2. According to Apollo, why should Orestes be left alone?
(a) Orestes was meant to kill his mother a long time ago.
(b) Clytemnestra deserved to die.
(c) Electra would have killed Clytemnestra and Orestes saved her from it.
(d) Apollo himself sent Orestes to kill his mother.
3. What does Orestes claim has taken away the sin of his mother's murder away?
(a) The blessings of the gods.
(b) The sins of the the mother.
4. What do the Furies claim about Orestes to Athena?
(a) He will taint his sister's grace if allowed to live.
(b) He will kill all women if allowed to live.
(c) He is cursed by his mother.
(d) He is unfit to speak for himself.
5. What does Athena decide about the case presented to her by Orestes and the Furies?
(a) She sides with Orestes.
(b) She sides with Orestes, but refuses to grant him sanctuary.
(c) It is not part of her divine right to judge this case.
(d) She sides with the Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What false news does the disguised Orestes give Clytemnestra?
2. For what does the chorus pray in the third part of the second play?
3. How does Orestes introduce himself to Athena?
4. How does Clytemnestra plead for her life to Orestes?
5. How does Orestes convince Electra that he is her brother when they find each other at Agamemnon's tomb?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)