|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Safe voyage overseas.
(b) Success in his plan of revenge for his father's murder.
(c) His success in war.
(d) Peace of mind.
2. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Aegisthus is preparing to murder her.
(b) The ghost of her daughter is following her.
(c) Agamemnon and Cassandra are murdered.
(d) Orestes has returned.
3. What is Aegisthus's reaction when the chorus brings up Clytemnestra and her role in the murders?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He meekly agrees.
(c) He goes back inside.
(d) He threatens them violently.
4. Whom does Agamemnon tell Clytemnestra to greet and treat well?
5. What had Clytemnestra told her daughter to say in her prayers before she comes to the tomb in the second play?
(a) The offerings come from a detached subject.
(b) The offerings come from Electra as an angry daughter.
(c) The offerings come from Clytemnestra as a loving wife .
(d) The offerings come from a loyal follower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassandra walk into the palace?
2. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
3. What is Clytemnestra's final reaction to Cassandra?
4. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
5. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the chorus call out for Orestes to return home at the end of the first play?
2. What do the chorus of women comment upon while bewailing their grief over Agamemnon?
3. How did Agamemnon make the winds blow so that they might sail to Troy before the events of the play?
4. For what is the herald giving thanks during his entrance?
5. What are the disputes amongst the chorus when they hear Agamemnon screaming from inside the palace?
6. How does Cassandra describe Apollo and why?
7. What message does Clytemnestra send with the herald to Agamemnon?
8. What is the dispute Agamemnon and Clytemnestra have about his homecoming?
9. What are Agamemnon's feelings about Troy?
10. For what does Clytemnestra take particular offense with the chorus in the last part of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)