|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lineage of the woman with Agamemnon in the third part of the first play?
(a) She is a Trojan princess.
(b) She is Helen's half sister.
(c) She is the daughter of the queen of the Amazons.
(d) She is a priestess of Athena.
2. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
(a) Never tell anyone what they witnessed.
(b) Pray to the gods.
(c) Keep to their place.
(d) Make offerings for Agamemnon's soul.
3. In the first play, how is the chorus described in the narration?
(a) A group of holy men.
(b) A group of young women.
(c) A group of young men.
(d) A group of old men.
4. What does the herald ask of the gods?
(a) He asks that they send a sign for whether he should leave the city.
(b) He asks that they continue to bless Agamemnon on his return home.
(c) He asks that they bless Clytemnestra and her family.
(d) He asks that they send Agamemmon good winds for his journey.
5. What future events does Cassandra foresee after she sees the past?
(a) She sees herself ruling Mycenae with Clytemnestra's lover.
(b) She sees the murder of herself and Agamemnon by Clytemnestra.
(c) She sees herself as queen of Mycenae.
(d) She sees herself escaping the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, what was Paris's crime?
2. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
3. What does Agamemnon find unsuitable about his welcome?
4. According to Clytemnestra, what did she watch for while Agamemnon was gone?
5. In her first appearance, Clytemnestra claims the chorus does not believe her. On what grounds does she base this claim?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what is Agamemnon praised and what is his response when he returns to Mycenae?
2. What is Cassandra's curse and why was it placed on her?
3. To what does the chorus compare Troy and why?
4. According to the chorus, how must Electra pray?
5. Why does Aegisthus threaten the chorus?
6. What message does Clytemnestra send with the herald to Agamemnon?
7. What feelings does the Watchman have while on the roof in the beginning of the play?
8. What is significant about Agamemnon walking into his palace barefoot?
9. What are the chorus's opinions on Paris and his actions in the second part of "The Agamemnon"?
10. What do the chorus of women comment upon while bewailing their grief over Agamemnon?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)