|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
2. What does Orestes pray for at the beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
(a) Success in his plan of revenge for his father's murder.
(b) Peace of mind.
(c) Safe voyage overseas.
(d) His success in war.
3. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
4. Why does Agamemnon walk inside his palace the way he does?
(a) He does not care about Clytemnestra's feelings on the matter.
(b) He believes it is more touching to walk in together.
(c) He believes it is more humbling.
(d) He believes it is grander.
5. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
(a) He impregnated her, shaming her family.
(b) He turned the other gods against her.
(c) He cursed her to speak the truth but never to be believed.
(d) He took away her gift of prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
2. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
3. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
4. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
5. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. After he is freed at the end of "The Oresteia", what does Orestes claim to want for the future?
2. What are the Furies and why are they tormenting Orestes at the end of "The Libation Bearers"?
3. According to the chorus, how must Electra pray?
4. For what is the herald giving thanks during his entrance?
5. What is Clytemnestra's vision for the future after the death of Agamemnon?
6. What are the chorus's opinions on Paris and his actions in the second part of "The Agamemnon"?
7. In the beginning of "The Eumenides", what is the oracle's vision and what does it mean?
8. According to their words in the second part of the third play, what do the Furies believe about their rights?
9. What is Cassandra's curse and why was it placed on her?
10. What are the disputes amongst the chorus when they hear Agamemnon screaming from inside the palace?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)