Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the second play take place?
(a) Hours after Agamemnon's death.
(b) Several years after Agamemnon's death.
(c) Several days after Agamemnon's death.
(d) Weeks after Agamemnon's death.
2. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) On foot.
(b) On horse back.
(c) In a chariot.
(d) In a horse-cart.
3. For what does Aegisthus thank the gods in the fifth part of the first play?
(a) The chorus.
(c) Their benevolence.
4. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
(a) Never tell anyone what they witnessed.
(b) Pray to the gods.
(c) Make offerings for Agamemnon's soul.
(d) Keep to their place.
5. What message does Clytemnestra send to Agamemnon through the herald?
(a) She has been loyal and faithful.
(b) She is pregnant with his child.
(c) She does not wish to see him.
(d) She wants to take him to Apollo's temple for blessings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
2. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
3. What goddess demanded Iphigenia in sacrifice?
4. What advice does Electra ask of the chorus while at her father's tomb?
5. To whom does Electra pray while at Agamemnon's tomb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Menelaus, according to the herald?
2. What was Clytemnestra's dream?
3. Who is revealed to be encouraging the Furies to hunt Orestes and why?
4. What are Agamemnon's feelings about Troy?
5. What ends up being the fate of the Furies at the end of the play?
6. What is the conflict between the Furies and Apollo?
7. What does Athena decide to do about judging the case between Orestes and the Furies?
8. After receiving false news in the third part of the second play, what is Clytemnestra's reaction to news of Orestes' supposed death?
9. What does Orestes find mysterious about the women approaching Agamemnon's tomb?
10. What does Orestes mean when he cries out to Zeus in the second part of "The Libation Bearers"?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)