|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are repulsed by her.
(b) They are in awe of her.
(c) They sympathize with her.
(d) They are dismissive of her.
2. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
(a) Athena and Apollo.
(b) Aphrodite and Diana.
(c) Hera and Demeter.
(d) Hermes and Zeus.
3. While mourning her father at his grave, what does Electra pray for the most?
(a) Her brother's return.
(b) Menelaus's vengeance on Cltemnestra.
(c) Her mother's forgiveness.
(d) The death of Aegisthus.
4. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
(a) His soul is restless.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) He perished at sea.
(d) He is wandering the earth for all eternity.
5. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
2. To what does the chorus compare Troy after the herald exits?
3. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
4. Who comprises the group of women at Agamemnon's tomb?
5. What is Clytemnestra's plan for ruling Mycenae at the end of the Agamemnon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clytemnestra's vision for the future after the death of Agamemnon?
2. For what does Clytemnestra take particular offense with the chorus in the last part of "The Agamemnon"?
3. How did Agamemnon make the winds blow so that they might sail to Troy before the events of the play?
4. How does Cassandra describe Apollo and why?
5. What does Aegisthus claim about himself and about the murders?
6. What does Orestes find mysterious about the women approaching Agamemnon's tomb?
7. What is Cassandra's curse and why was it placed on her?
8. What happened to Menelaus, according to the herald?
9. What news does Clytemnestra bring the chorus in the beginning of "The Agamemnon"?
10. What dispute does Clytemnestra have with the chorus over the consequences of her murdering Agamemnon and Cassandra?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)