|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Electra find on her father's tomb?
(a) Letters she wrote to her brother.
(b) A lock of Orestes' hair.
(c) A book of verse.
(d) Orestes' sword.
2. What is Cassandra's final prayer?
(a) Athena will protect her.
(b) Apollo will forgive her.
(c) Her death will be avenged.
(d) She will be remembered.
3. What was Apollo's reaction to Cassandra not meeting his expectations when he granted her with a gift?
(a) He took away her gift of prophecy.
(b) He turned the other gods against her.
(c) He impregnated her, shaming her family.
(d) He cursed her to speak the truth but never to be believed.
4. To whom does Orestes pray while at his father's tomb?
(a) Athena and Apollo.
(b) Aphrodite and Diana.
(c) Hera and Demeter.
(d) Hermes and Zeus.
5. How do the women describe Clytemnestra in their first appearance in "The Libation Bearers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards the end of the first play, what does the chorus tell Clytemnestra they refuse to do?
2. What does the herald believe about Agamemnon's brother?
3. What feelings suddenly strike the chorus after Agamemnon enters his palace?
4. What is Cassandra's last vision in "The Agamemnon"?
5. In the first part of the first play, according to Clytemnestra, what does Agamemnon have yet to endure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cassandra's curse and why was it placed on her?
2. How does Cassandra describe Apollo and why?
3. How did Agamemnon make the winds blow so that they might sail to Troy before the events of the play?
4. What are the disputes amongst the chorus when they hear Agamemnon screaming from inside the palace?
5. According to the chorus, how must Electra pray?
6. What dispute does Clytemnestra have with the chorus over the consequences of her murdering Agamemnon and Cassandra?
7. What do the chorus of women comment upon while bewailing their grief over Agamemnon?
8. Why does Aegisthus threaten the chorus?
9. Why does the chorus call out for Orestes to return home at the end of the first play?
10. What are the chorus's opinions on Paris and his actions in the second part of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)