|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Cassandra initially cry out?
2. For whom is the chorus crying out to return after the death of Agamemnon?
3. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
(a) In a horse-cart.
(b) In a chariot.
(c) On horse back.
(d) On foot.
4. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
(a) He claims to have killed Agamemnon.
(b) He claims to have planned Agamemnon's death.
(c) He claims to have killed Cassandra.
(d) He claims to have bested Apollo in a competition.
5. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Leave the city.
(b) Greet her properly.
(c) Drink some wine.
(d) Enter the palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
2. What news does Clytemnestra initially bring the chorus?
3. What does the signal that the man on the roof sees mean?
4. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
5. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Orestes praying to Hermes and Zeus at beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
2. What is the dispute Agamemnon and Clytemnestra have about his homecoming?
3. According to the chorus, how must Electra pray?
4. What is the Watchman's duty at the beginning of "The Agamemnon"?
5. What does Orestes find mysterious about the women approaching Agamemnon's tomb?
6. How does the chorus compare life to a ship at sea during "The Agamemnon"?
7. What is Clytemnestra's vision for the future after the death of Agamemnon?
8. What feelings does the Watchman have while on the roof in the beginning of the play?
9. Why does Aegisthus threaten the chorus?
10. What are the chorus's opinions on Paris and his actions in the second part of "The Agamemnon"?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)