|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra remind the chorus to do after Aegisthus's outburst?
(a) Pray to the gods.
(b) Keep to their place.
(c) Never tell anyone what they witnessed.
(d) Make offerings for Agamemnon's soul.
2. For what does the leader of the chorus praise Agamemnon upon his return?
(a) His captive, Cassandra.
(b) His continued piety to the gods.
(c) Victory with Troy.
(d) His continued fealty to his people.
3. How does Clytemnestra defend her actions against Agamemnon to the chorus?
(a) She argues that there never was a curse.
(b) She argues that the Furies will not hurt her.
(c) She argues that she cannot be cursed again.
(d) She argues that she ended the curse.
4. What does Clytemnestra try to get Cassandra to do in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Drink some wine.
(b) Greet her properly.
(c) Enter the palace.
(d) Leave the city.
5. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
(a) The fall of Troy.
(b) The death of Achilles.
(c) The tragedies of the house of Atreus.
(d) The kidnapping of Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the chorus compare life at the end of the third part of the first play?
2. When does the second play take place?
3. What does somber information does the chorus remind the herald of?
4. What is Clytemnestra's plan for ruling Mycenae at the end of the Agamemnon?
5. To Aegisthus's consternation, of what does the chorus remind him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the chorus call out for Orestes to return home at the end of the first play?
2. What does Aegisthus claim about himself and about the murders?
3. How does Clytemnestra describe her life to her husband during Agamemnon's absence?
4. What is Clytemnestra's vision for the future after the death of Agamemnon?
5. Why does Cassandra finally walk into the palace?
6. Why does Aegisthus threaten the chorus?
7. What does Orestes find mysterious about the women approaching Agamemnon's tomb?
8. What do the chorus of women comment upon while bewailing their grief over Agamemnon?
9. What is the Watchman's duty at the beginning of "The Agamemnon"?
10. What message does Clytemnestra send with the herald to Agamemnon?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)