|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Clytemnestra send into exile?
2. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
3. What past events does Cassandra see in a vision?
(a) The fall of Troy.
(b) The death of Achilles.
(c) The kidnapping of Helen.
(d) The tragedies of the house of Atreus.
4. How does Clytemnestra defend her actions against Agamemnon to the chorus?
(a) She argues that the Furies will not hurt her.
(b) She argues that she ended the curse.
(c) She argues that she cannot be cursed again.
(d) She argues that there never was a curse.
5. What is the herald's opinion on Troy and Paris?
(a) Paris should have surrendered and the city left untouched.
(b) It is a tragedy.
(c) They got what they deserved.
(d) The city should have turned Paris over to the Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agamemnon make his entrance?
2. After Cassandra enters the castle and their monologue is interrupted, what dispute rises amongst the chorus?
3. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
4. What interrupts the chorus's meditations on life at the end of the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
5. For what does Clytemnestra triumphantly reproach the chorus in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clytemnestra's vision for the future after the death of Agamemnon?
2. How did Agamemnon make the winds blow so that they might sail to Troy before the events of the play?
3. Why does Clytemnestra lose patience with Cassandra in the fourth part of "The Agamemnon"?
4. What news does Clytemnestra bring the chorus in the beginning of "The Agamemnon"?
5. What evidence does Electra find that convinces her Orestes has returned to Mycenae?
6. What do the chorus of women comment upon while bewailing their grief over Agamemnon?
7. What dispute does Clytemnestra have with the chorus over the consequences of her murdering Agamemnon and Cassandra?
8. Why is Orestes praying to Hermes and Zeus at beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
9. Why does Aegisthus threaten the chorus?
10. What is the dispute Agamemnon and Clytemnestra have about his homecoming?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)