|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aegisthus, what actually brought about Agamemnon's death?
(a) The will of the gods.
(b) Agamemnon's disregard for others.
(c) The actions of Agamemnon and his father.
(d) Clytemnestra's vengeance.
2. After receiving news of the fall of Troy, which Trojan does the chorus agree got what he deserved?
3. What does Clytemnestra's entrance reveal in the fifth part of "The Agamemnon"?
(a) Aegisthus is preparing to murder her.
(b) The ghost of her daughter is following her.
(c) Agamemnon and Cassandra are murdered.
(d) Orestes has returned.
4. When does the second play take place?
(a) Several years after Agamemnon's death.
(b) Hours after Agamemnon's death.
(c) Several days after Agamemnon's death.
(d) Weeks after Agamemnon's death.
5. What was Paris's actual deed that set off the Trojan War?
(a) He murdered Menelaus.
(b) He kidnapped Helen.
(c) He rejected Apollo.
(d) He dishonored Aphrodite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
2. In the first part of the first play, what does the chorus say of Agamemnon's fate?
3. According to the chorus, what is the only thing Electra can pray for while at Agamemnon's grave?
4. What, according to the herald, is worth the suffering of the soldiers?
5. Who is the first character to speak in "The Oresteia"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clytemnestra's vision for the future after the death of Agamemnon?
2. What feelings does the Watchman have while on the roof in the beginning of the play?
3. What do the chorus of women comment upon while bewailing their grief over Agamemnon?
4. What visions does Cassandra see when she looks at the palace?
5. How does Cassandra describe Apollo and why?
6. What is the Watchman's duty at the beginning of "The Agamemnon"?
7. What is Electra supposed to do at her father's tomb?
8. What happened to Menelaus, according to the herald?
9. Why is Orestes praying to Hermes and Zeus at beginning of "The Libation Bearers"?
10. Why does Cassandra finally walk into the palace?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)