|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clytemnestra assume about Cassandra?
(a) Cassandra is deaf.
(b) Cassandra is not very smart.
(c) Cassandra does not understand what is being said.
(d) Cassandra is being belligerent.
2. When does the second play take place?
(a) Several years after Agamemnon's death.
(b) Hours after Agamemnon's death.
(c) Several days after Agamemnon's death.
(d) Weeks after Agamemnon's death.
3. According to Clytemnestra, where are the signals that the man on the roof was watching for?
(a) In caves.
(b) On ships strewn throughout the oceans.
(c) In trees.
(d) On top of mountains.
4. What does Aegisthus brag about to the chorus?
(a) He claims to have killed Cassandra.
(b) He claims to have planned Agamemnon's death.
(c) He claims to have bested Apollo in a competition.
(d) He claims to have killed Agamemnon.
5. How does the chorus feel about Cassandra?
(a) They are repulsed by her.
(b) They are in awe of her.
(c) They are dismissive of her.
(d) They sympathize with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does part of the chorus react to the death of Agamemnon?
2. In the first part of the first play, what signal is the man on the roof looking for?
3. What does Orestes wonder about the women approaching his father's tomb?
4. What god does the leader of the chorus praise for Agamemnon's victory?
5. What reasoning did Clytemnestra give for exiling a certain person before the events of "The Agamemnon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Watchman's duty at the beginning of "The Agamemnon"?
2. What does Aegisthus claim about himself and about the murders?
3. To what does the chorus compare Troy and why?
4. What is Electra supposed to do at her father's tomb?
5. What dispute does Clytemnestra have with the chorus over the consequences of her murdering Agamemnon and Cassandra?
6. What feelings does the Watchman have while on the roof in the beginning of the play?
7. What message does Clytemnestra send with the herald to Agamemnon?
8. What is significant about Agamemnon walking into his palace barefoot?
9. What are the chorus's opinions on Paris and his actions in the second part of "The Agamemnon"?
10. What do the chorus of women comment upon while bewailing their grief over Agamemnon?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)